Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 173 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3444
Like Tree1880Likes

Thread: Steermatic Fan Club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retrograde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Steermatic Fan Club

    Hey all U steermatic Fans!!! Join in (I hope I will not be the
    only
    member (thread title edited by admin/mods upon request by poster)
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

  2. #3041
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    stick to honda fluids & occasionally took her to Hi-octane bar for few drinks
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  3. #3042
    PakWheeler Follow
    xeeshanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks Amir for all your help. I called him and he is on leaves for couple of days. I'll visit him in next week IA. I'll definitely share pics of my ride in coming days IA.

    Thanks again.

  4. #3043
    PakWheeler Follow
    xeeshanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hahaha.. yup i do occasionally give her few drinks of high-octane and then run it on 7-speed mode

    Quote Originally Posted by accord7362 View Post
    stick to honda fluids & occasionally took her to Hi-octane bar for few drinks

  5. #3044
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 74,000 K Check up

    Steermatic was showing a lag while accelarating so I decided to have the throttle body cleaned up! When I went to Honda they advised a full tune up. Since it was almost 1.5 years that I had the last tune up so I went for it. Following was done:

    1. Throttle Body cleaned
    2. Tappets adjusted
    3. Spark plugs replaced
    4. Air Filter replaced
    5. Oil and oil filter changed
    6. Complete check up of Sensors through the Computer.


    The whole work costed me 9k but the car drives much better now, specially when floored.
    life is but wheels!

  6. #3045
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,324
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i was thinking Toyota prius is 1.5 and CVT ....if drag it with steermatic??? steer or prius??

  7. #3046
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaggi View Post
    i was thinking Toyota prius is 1.5 and CVT ....if drag it with steermatic??? steer or prius??
    You are the best judge I wish I would be in Pakistan & we will swap the rides or testing
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  8. #3047
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Lets check it out some time. Though am not such a good driver as Aamir bhai!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggi View Post
    i was thinking Toyota prius is 1.5 and CVT ....if drag it with steermatic??? steer or prius??
    life is but wheels!

  9. #3048
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incognito59 View Post
    Steermatic was showing a lag while accelarating so I decided to have the throttle body cleaned up! When I went to Honda they advised a full tune up. Since it was almost 1.5 years that I had the last tune up so I went for it. Following was done:

    1. Throttle Body cleaned
    2. Tappets adjusted
    3. Spark plugs replaced
    4. Air Filter replaced
    5. Oil and oil filter changed
    6. Complete check up of Sensors through the Computer.


    The whole work costed me 9k but the car drives much better now, specially when floored.
    bro can u please tell me , actually wht they do in throttle body cleaning as i have never done mine. 66k on odo meter ...
    i mean they open it or with what thing they clean it thanx
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  10. #3049
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes they open it up totally. First they clean it up with Petrol and then use a CARB CLEANER. There is a lot of carbon accumulation in the throttle body if not serviced regularly. It effects the acceleration and the consumption. It may also cause the throttle to get stuck at a certain RPM. So it is advisable to get it done after every 20k. In your case it is past overdue. You will feel the difference afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    bro can u please tell me , actually wht they do in throttle body cleaning as i have never done mine. 66k on odo meter ...
    i mean they open it or with what thing they clean it thanx
    life is but wheels!

  11. #3050
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys guys guys!!!! Just coming back home , in mt steero matic today was the day of steermatic , as i live in bahria town isb was going to HAROLDS phase 4 at abt 40km/h a guy came know physically from behind in black ALTIS cruisetronic 1.6 2012 and started flashing his HID,S i give him the room n floor the throttle he can,t overtook me (this time my a/c was also switch on) got angry n called me for a drag race i said ok put my car on D with auto (manual off) my right feet shaking badly before the race starts , he loses the drag race with 2 cars behind me (1 touch 150 km/h) , we take a U turn for another again he loses wid 2 cars gap ....i stop my car for chit chat but didnt stop n run away .
    once again im in love wid this car
    only a single draw back this car dont have a ABS brakes , hard to stop from 150!
    @incognito thanks bro
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  12. #3051
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brilliant performance @RL589 another nail down
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  13. #3052
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vaqas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,267
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Steermatic is fast but it sure is not faster than Altis even not faster than my 7afe. That Altis might be Xli with Altis badge

    TapaTalk 2
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

  14. #3053
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Steermatic is fast but it sure is not faster than Altis even not faster than my 7afe. That Altis might be Xli with Altis badge

    TapaTalk 2
    Bro he is my neighbour son of a former balochistan governor . IT is a proper ALTIS wi 1ZR-FE .
    After the last nite bring any stock altis 1.6 can't beat my steermatic in drag.
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  15. #3054
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just imagine what would have happened in D Manual Mode! lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    Bro he is my neighbour son of a former balochistan governor . IT is a proper ALTIS wi 1ZR-FE .
    After the last nite bring any stock altis 1.6 can't beat my steermatic in drag.
    life is but wheels!

  16. #3055
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Steermatic is fast but it sure is not faster than Altis even not faster than my 7afe. That Altis might be Xli with Altis badge

    TapaTalk 2
    You definitely haven't driven one!

    The best part is, people usually don't recognize the steermatic, everyone thinks its the sluggish 1.3L iDSi and simply attacks it in the fast lane, esp corollas flash the high beams rapidly like "hatt oye machcharr"

    Its really really fun when you immediately move to the left, giving him way and as soon as he gets neck to neck, turn on the hazards and start flooring the steer like hell and it simply smokes the corolla badly. Even in city traffic where you can't exceed 120kph (GT road for example) you can easily put a prosmatec r18 to ultimate shame.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  17. #3056
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,324
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incognito59 View Post
    Lets check it out some time. Though am not such a good driver as Aamir bhai!
    sure Anis bhai, though im now prius owner....but i know steermatic is way faster (prius traction control switches on if accelerate harder :/ )...but friendly drag is must

  18. #3057
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ALTIS = 122hp 157mn torque (1zr-fe) 1598cc

    where as steermatic 1.5 (L15a) = 110hp 145mn of torque. 1497cc

    it is a pure common sense altis engine is slightly powerful coz of 100cc more den steermatic but how steermatic is faster then altis ??? following is the answer

    7 speed mode ! where as altis has only 4 speed , yesterday when i was at race i can feel this ......on 1st gear both cars go neck to neck but when altis shifts to 2nd its acceleration goes down dramatically n steermatic goes on n goes with very less rpm drop on each gear

    thanks to 7speed mode!
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  19. #3058
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    You definitely haven't driven one!

    The best part is, people usually don't recognize the steermatic, everyone thinks its the sluggish 1.3L iDSi and simply attacks it in the fast lane, esp corollas flash the high beams rapidly like "hatt oye machcharr"

    Its really really fun when you immediately move to the left, giving him way and as soon as he gets neck to neck, turn on the hazards and start flooring the steer like hell and it simply smokes the corolla badly. Even in city traffic where you can't exceed 120kph (GT road for example) you can easily put a prosmatec r18 to ultimate shame.
    beautifully elaborated
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  20. #3059
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    ALTIS = 122hp 157mn torque (1zr-fe) 1598cc

    where as steermatic 1.5 (L15a) = 110hp 145mn of torque. 1497cc

    it is a pure common sense altis engine is slightly powerful coz of 100cc more den steermatic but how steermatic is faster then altis ??? following is the answer

    7 speed mode ! where as altis has only 4 speed , yesterday when i was at race i can feel this ......on 1st gear both cars go neck to neck but when altis shifts to 2nd its acceleration goes down dramatically n steermatic goes on n goes with very less rpm drop on each gear

    thanks to 7speed mode!

    well said & you can avoid that little drop, if Launch in M/D mode & come out of 7-Speed mode as soon as RPM touch 6K in first gear
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  21. #3060
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vaqas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,267
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    You definitely haven't driven one!

    The best part is, people usually don't recognize the steermatic, everyone thinks its the sluggish 1.3L iDSi and simply attacks it in the fast lane, esp corollas flash the high beams rapidly like "hatt oye machcharr"

    Its really really fun when you immediately move to the left, giving him way and as soon as he gets neck to neck, turn on the hazards and start flooring the steer like hell and it simply smokes the corolla badly. Even in city traffic where you can't exceed 120kph (GT road for example) you can easily put a prosmatec r18 to ultimate shame.
    Oh Well I dont comment without knowing something. I didnt driven one hmm I got one in my Family Late 06, 80k Driven Steermatic wohi haina bhai jiss ka peecha Stero Matic likha honda hai? :p Tay jidha steering utey gear dey button hondey ney?

    I had few fun drags (On Complete empty road) with Steermatic for testing hmm 4. All 4 well ur steermatic lost to my 7AFE (1.8).
    Might be the steero we got is not the same one you all got but after the 4th one my relative stopped trying. But before this he says he never lost to any local car. Us ka baad thanda kardeya bhai ko :p.
    My post is not to challenge anyone its just what i have experienced how fast I found Steermatic to be. No doubt its a wonderful car one of my favorites
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •