0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Steermatic Fan Club

Hey all U steermatic Fans!!! Join in (I hope I will not be the
    only
    member (thread title edited by admin/mods upon request by poster)
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every good car is bound to fail in our country !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ALL
    dudes u above mention that auto trany isn't suitable for cng ........ right ?

but then how come nissan sunny FF CNG in 1.6 Auto tranny is available, if cng have some issues with auto tranny then how nissan gives factory fitted one ?

i think their must be something else more statical issues, if their any ? kindly share some one ..... any owner how have converted to cng ?
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stonedsaint: u r right here brother and a good question that needed to be answered , but i have a question too. as suzuki liana rxi and lxi also comes in cng version why not suzuki eminent comes with cng, suzuki haven,t introduced cng in their auto trany car why?

rgds
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Liana Eminent automatic is converted to CNG by Pak Suzuki on customer's request...
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001
    i think u r answered ......... Also suzuki Eminent is jap assembled i think, so no cng there .......thats y .

thanks Wahaj12 .
    bro it really bugging me , how come a fuel effects tranny ....... doesn't fits in my mind, i asked few other persons, i hope will get the answer soon .
    or their might be some architecture of vtec that cng wont suits it , but again, if car is running fine on cng, problem less, then how come tranny got screwed . so many ppls are running diff auto tranny cars on cng and says it works fine ....... then y steeramatic ......
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Bluntknife: Shouldn't they have waited a little longer for sales to pick up? After all it was a new concept car..

After Adam Zabardast (Jeep), this would be the 2nd car in Pakistan to be taken off the production line. I heard steermatic had a high accident rate due to power/weight imbalance.

And people were speculating that Suzuki would stop poroduction of Liana! Hats off to Honda...
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wahaj12: tks for the info regarding eminent converting into cng by pak suzuki.

regarding steermatic to be off the production line for this we have to wait and see, as i see many many steermatic on the roads nowadays i dont think so this will be happening soon,

can u pls confirm the source of yr information on which u have said that steermatic have high rate of accident.

power/weight balance can u be specific on this issue too.

i am driving steermatic for abt four months now before that 2005 corolla se saloon and also with that alto vxr, most pathetic car was alto by pak suzuki. have to take alto every week to get cng adjusted hate to do that and got rid of that car when only 7000km on meter,

got involved in accident near quetta when my corolla front (general tyre) busted , air bag didn't opened ,GOD saved me.

one off the worst customer service in my life i got from pak suzuki show room and 2nd price goes to indus motors.

every car have issue also i face some issue with steermatic but got satisfied each time.

i think pak suzuki needs to change its behaviour towards its pakitani customer and treat them also as human being which they do all around the world except in pakistan. even chinesse car makers put seat belts in their car but pak suzuki thinks it will be a very big step from them to pakistani customer if they put seat belts in mehran etc.

bravo pak suzuki for being so understanding.

rgds

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archo2001:

Regarding Steermatic, all I have is hearsay info, that is why I was trying to confirm on this thread.

Customer Service, generally speaking, is a new phenomenon in Pakistan which has to be taken to its true meaning. Till now, its just limited to a person sitting on a desk and receiving your complaints.

Seat Belts are mandatory by law in most countries...you cannot sell a vehicle if it does not comply to basic safety standards. In Pakistan it is not so, manufacturers install seat belts as an additional feature. Even if seats are there, how many people actually wear them? less than 1%.

Agree with you....every car has some issues. Its a matter of personal preference.

Stay cool, bro...
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Steermatic users

There is no problem and any issue with cng conversion in steermatic, not at all any issue with auto tranny ..... its all about right connections, if u convert it right, there is not a chance of any problem in auto tranny or something, its just an alternative fuel thats it,

consult at " LOGAS SHELF " person named " Bilal sb " , he is in this business from 1982 regarding alternative fuels if anyone wants to convert his ride and stop this myth of damaging of auto tranny with cng ..........

cheerz
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

I think Steermatic being off the production line is a rumor and it has nothing to do with reality.

@u4usman4u ! bro I have tried achieving more speed on D and S modes and D always gave higher speed whereas S gave more acceleration. Try it yourself. No need to go too far just rev the engine to 3000 RPM in D and check what top speed you hit (it would be arround 120+). Now do the same in S and you will hardly reach 90.

ALso there is no issue with CNG, only get it converted form some good place. I talked to an owner of steermatic on CNG and he is fully satisfied with it, He even said that "I never felt the difference in drive whether on CNG or Petrol, I always look at the switch to determine whether its on CNG or Petrol. He also added that he traveled on motorway from Isb to Lhr in Rs. 400 only." Now thats amazing
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hsnmz
    bro ask that cng owner "if he is a pakwheeler or non-pakwheeler " put some specifications of cng conversion ? like kit , electronics , the whole cng setup details, conversion center etc ........ that might help to other steermatic owners

REgards
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bluntknife
    yes im getting rimz this time when im gonna change the tyres.maybe wid in a month or two...!!
    what do u think ahat type or rimz i shud hav?not black i guess.sumthng like plain silver...i guess
    @achron
    well,thats the best color for female drivers to hav(no,stop that thought)
    abt the cleaning thing,its also very hard to clean nd keep clean...!!!
    thanx for coments though...!!!

@bilal49er
    yes i can see mangla written in ur profile...well,that a beautiful place indeed.just keep ur car away frm pigs..

yes i sure remember when we met,it was a nice coincidence.but it wasnt last ramzan.cuz i got my car after eid of ramzan....!!!
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmadbila
    I really like the rims on the steermatic (kinda biased i guess) and feel they look best with red and black. They are on the expensive side though.
    The word politics is derived from the word poly meaning, many & the word ticks,meaning blood sucking parasites

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Wahaj12
    I can neither refute nor support your information regarding higher accident ratios for steermatic. All i can say is that i feel more assured applying brakes on my steermatic than on my fathers 2D.

@All
    I recently had a chance to drive an altis auto on cng for an extended run. The car has been on cng for 5-6 weeks and hasn't required a trip back to the installer since the coversion. Like honda, toyota also recommends not to convert their automatic vehicles to cng. I had also driven this vehicle extensively prior to the conversion and though there is noticable difference in acceleration and a slight increase in engine noise, i can safely say that the difference isn't as big as day and night as being depicted on these boards. The conversion was made by a road side installer(an unknown jack in the box) and is a basic efi set up w/o oxygen sensor(lambda). The result has reinforced my belief that the horror pictures being painted about auto tranny and cng have little substance to them. For all those interested in conversion of steermatic to cng, let us work together and gather more information about successful conversions and the set ups used. I am hopeful that with slightly more sophisticated equipment(crankshaft advancer and 02 sensor) the outcome of cng conversion will be pretty satisfactory.
    The word politics is derived from the word poly meaning, many & the word ticks,meaning blood sucking parasites

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@stonedsaint I checked with him, he said that when he bought the car it already had CNG and he had no clue about the kit.

I also asked Atlas Honda about CNG conversion, they said that get it converted after the warranty period is over. And they did not mention any issues in it, the guy at Honda only said that we discourage people to convert vario (not steermatic) to CNG as it gets under powered. Otherwise there is no issue
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salams guys

Recently 3 problems have surfaced in my steermatic:

1) I was stuck in traffic for 25 minutes and the air con was switched on. After about 15 minutes the engine over-heating light started to flash. With no place to stop the car I decided to switch off the air con. After a few minutes it stopped flasing. Later that day, I inspected the raditor and the coolant storage bottle for resirvor level and it was normal.

2) I was coming back from office near Ifftar time so had the opportunity to drop the hammer. From 140, had to stop really hard as a motor cyclist crawled in the fast lane. While doing so the car (from the front) shivered as if the front rotors are not grinded properly (or they need grinding again)

3) With air con swtiched on (and in D), car knocks slightly on rapid acc. from stand still. Haven't noticed this with S. I use caltex petrol (not hi-octane)

The car has done 10K KM. Please do share if you've experienced similar problems.

Thanks
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@moizhusain:
    brother for yr 1st & 2nd problem its better to go to "honda drive in" there is a person name M.Nadeem Hussain his cell no is 0304-2128550 call him first and tell him abt the issue and he will probably ask u to come early in the morning like 8am or so, so just go there and i am sure they will be able to trace the root of problem.

for the third issue i was having the same problem and i was told to use hi-octane with normal fuel, since i am doing that my ride knocking problem has gone i m sure it will work for u too.

kindly update us when yr problem got solved.

just one thing to ask , how much km u have done on yr car till now?.

do take a test drive with honda person in car with u.
    and try to go early in morning , with my problem i was 0735am there but there were altready 20 car infront of me.

kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry i didnt saw that u have already mention yr car has done 10k. so its still in warranty so nothing to worry abt just go to honda drive in get yr car job done for free.

cheers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001 thanks for the contact bro.

Warranty is over as the car is 16 months old!

The knocking and heating problem came out of nowhere. I've been stuck in traffic jams for far longer but this has never happened before.

Same goes for the knocking issue. I'm filling from the same gasonline station for the last 6 months (mainly becuase it's next to my office). So can't blame petrol. Perhaps the car requires some sort of tuning (VTECs are highly reliable though). I fill high-octane next time to see whether the knocking goes away or not.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@moizhusain,u r well come brother are u sure that warranty is over, i believe its 50000km or 2 years which ever comes first. attaching u picture of my car manual front page its steermatic too,

so if yr car is 16 months old u still have 8 more months to go, correct me if i am wrong.

regarding the knocking issue i m sure it will be solved with using regular petrol with hi-oct.

kind regards

Steermatic Fan Club -770843

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List