0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Steermatic Fan Club

Hey all U steermatic Fans!!! Join in (I hope I will not be the
    only
    member (thread title edited by admin/mods upon request by poster)
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghayyour View Post
    Dear Steermatic Drivers, Owners and Experts,

I recently bought a steermatic from an unknown person (through newspaper ad). The car seems to be in excellent condition and I took a senior mechanic to check its engine condition.

Recently while coming back from islamabad on motorway, the rpm started increasing and decreasing. The speed was 120 km/h but the rpm was behaving abnormally. Suddenly "D" light start blinking and it stopped shifting. I tried on S but D didnt stop blinking same happened on L. I tried every think but the car rpm increase do i had to switch off the car and when I restarted it became normal. Now its rpm are not consistant and the pick is totally dead, on D when i pick the car its rpm goes to 2000 and than with jerks it regains its speed. I took it to the honda canal, they connected it with the computer which showed that there is DTC in transmission. So the guy told me to take the car to honda fort where there was no DTC detected but the problem is same. One person told me that Valve Body needs to be changed or otherwise the whole transmission requires to be changed. I am quite worried. Please help me how to fix this problem. If valve body or transmission needs to be changed than please do tell me from where to buy in reasonable amount because i am sure that honda people will charge more. Please help urgently as I have only one car and I do not have time.
    same happen to me
    heres link chk clearly
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cng...ic-cng-experts
    i can provide u CVT transmission in 35k (exchange with ur CVT included)
    if u r intrested thn i can try to find u valve body also....

why dont u try at lahore any kabari shop ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghayyour View Post
    Hi Moiz, Honda people detected the problem thorugh computer which says that either you need to change the valve salonide body or transmission. They installed a tester valve body with the car and its now running well but I have developed a fear that anytime transmission can be destroyed. Can you help me from where to get cheap valve body and transmission (original) because honda price is Rs. 400,000 which is too much for me. Please suggest the source
    i also changed my CVT and my problem solved..
    just tell me 2 things
    cng lagi hui ha ?
    ya laga ke utarli gayi ha ?
    aur milage kitni ha?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even though I have no knowledge about how to get a used cvt tranny or its components, here in khi shershah is the place to hunt for this kind of stuff.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasiraltaf1 View Post
    Dear Steermatic Owners,,

I am the silent member and reader of this forum from a long time.I own 2006 steermatic.

Besides so much reading against that CNG is not compatible with Steermatic , I have gone with installing CNG in my ride due to the current hike in petrol prices. So guys i wish that my ride performs good on CNG..

I know i will face some criticism that i should have sell and bought some car which performs good on CNG but bottom line is that i am addict to Steermatic and dont want to let it go.....

I have driven this 2000km uptil now on CNG and its performing as good as Petrol.

I will be updating this thread for my car performance/problems on CNG....so that i could hopefully change the mentality of people who think that automatic cars are not good on CNG or i will change mine thinking.......... if car will go abnormal........

I will share the details of CNG setup in a day or two with you people....Its a basic Landi Ranzo kit with Tomasato ammulator/advancer with 60 cylinder

Things Done Before CNG Installation

Engine Oil/Filter Change
    Air Filter Change
    Throttle Cleaning
    Engine Tune-up
    Transmission Oil Change
    Spark Plugs Change

Now first good thing is that it has i have got 200+km with AC on long route....

I will appreciate replies which will help me in keeping my car good on CNG for their tips/suggestions........
    bro meine bi yahee sochke cng active karai thi sirf 3000km ke baad gear boxa urh gaya(dont knw pehle wale owner ne kitni chalai)
    kya faida jo petrol se paise bacha raha tha usse double lag gaye ....

phr bi meine suna SIS ki kit achi ha for CVT lekin baat udher hi ajati ha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thing is that agr chalnay per ay tu. 1 lac. Kilometer bhee chal jay ge na chalay tu 3000 km per hee kharab ho jay ge ....

Thts why I take no risk . My steermatic is on petrol going perfect 54k done up till now ..
    vtec roxx!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Qureshi01 View Post
    Hello steermatic owner,

My steermatic has developed missing problem all of sudden and i have changed air filter, done tuning, oil change, transmission oil change,tappit adjustment, throttle service but still problem persists ......the only left now is plug change but i am not sure that it will either solve this issue plugs were installed 25000km before....

please help me it and suggest cause of this missing so that i can address this issue properly..............

A mechanic suggest me to remove its catalytic converter....Can someone guide me that does steermatic have catalytic converter????????????????if yes where it is located......

My ride is all driven on petrol.........
    Most of us know how the injectors get clogged. Its nothing but the fuel that we use, causes clogging. Every time we turn off our car's engine, last drop of petrol dries on the nozzle of the injector and leaves behind deposits. These deposits become firm with the heat of the chamber. The more we drive our car, more deposits accumulate. Gradually it starts to restrict the flow of petrol from the tiny hole on the nozzle and the injector starts to lose its efficiency. This causes the engine to lean misfire and hesitate on different rpm, power and pickup is lost, the car becomes uneconomical on petrol, unburnt fuel can be noticed in the emission and worst of all the wear of engine becomes faster. Only 8% to 10 % clogging in the nozzle can cause all this.
    Proper cleaning can restore their like-new performance. There is no need to replace fuel injectors unless they are actually gone bad. Injectors are hard to clean as they are sealed units and cannot be opened for cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaning is internationally accepted MOST effective process for cleaning fuel injectors. It is cheap and comprehensive solution for the problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4 days back I went to toyota rawal motors for work on my 2.0d saloon in. Spare parts shop I fond a bottle jst similer like a brake fluid bottle. I ask the sales man wat is this ? He said it is injector cleaner put in the fuel tank while refueling to clean the injecters he said mostly we recomend in cng cars bec theyy use seldom petrol in cars and injecters gey clogged. That bottle was original of toyot made in japan toyot company costs around 2200 oprox . I I'm thinking to use in my steero matic once . Wats ur opinion all.
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    4 days back I went to toyota rawal motors for work on my 2.0d saloon in. Spare parts shop I fond a bottle jst similer like a brake fluid bottle. I ask the sales man wat is this ? He said it is injector cleaner put in the fuel tank while refueling to clean the injecters he said mostly we recomend in cng cars bec theyy use seldom petrol in cars and injecters gey clogged. That bottle was original of toyot made in japan toyot company costs around 2200 oprox . I I'm thinking to use in my steero matic once . Wats ur opinion all.
    Actually there are different myths regarding injector cleaner & octane boosters as far as it wont pull the debris from the fuel tank , you can give it a try ""finger crossed "
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    If you must try it, do it before change of oil. Its true that proper cleaning of fuel injectors can restore their like-new performance but they are not very convenient to clean. They are sealed units and cannot be opened for cleaning. Fuel additives do not remove the debris completely from the injectors. In fact they can cause harm to our vehicles if not used in line with the standard operational procedure.

When we pour such compositions to our fuel tank, their first action is to dissolve hydrocarbon scaling from the fuel tank. All the loosen up sediments pollute the strainer attached to the submersed fuel pump and the main fuel filter. Remaining dirt flows inside the engine and so does the gunk cleaned from the injectors. That is the reason, the professional mechanics and auto websites recommend change of engine oil and filters after usage of fuel additives.

Our mechanics and even most of the users know only one method for cleaning fuel injectors that is pouring fuel additive to the tank. Additives only make partial cleaning and have many hazards associated with them. When poured in the tank, they come in contact with many such parts of the fuel system and engine which they are not friendly with.

In the advanced countries injector clogging problem is dealt with ultrasonic cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaning has capability to clean stubborn debris from microscopic grooves, cracks and holes. Since the fuel injector has tiny nozzle which is designed to atomize the fuel, it is almost impossible to clear with any other mean. Only 8% to 10 % clogging in the nozzle can cause an injector to malfunction. Ultrasonic cleaning is internationally accepted most effective process for cleaning fuel injectors. It is cheap and comprehensive solution for the problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    @nasiraltaf1, i wish u best of luck brother. have seen plenty steermatic with fail transmission because of cng installation.

good luck
    Hello brother one quick question can we change the gear box of steermatic with any manual car i.e idsi. did anybody tried this.......what could be its cost.....

i think this will solve a lot of people problem if someone have their car with week/failed transmission .......i think it will be durable too.........

any comments...............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Qureshi01 View Post
    Hello brother one quick question can we change the gear box of steermatic with any manual car i.e idsi. did anybody tried this.......what could be its cost.....

i think this will solve a lot of people problem if someone have their car with week/failed transmission .......i think it will be durable too.........

any comments...............
    @qureshi01, as far as i remember it was done by 1 of the mechanic here in karachi i know , he purchased steermatic with failed transmission quite cheap and tried to fix it but failed so some fellow came from quetta with vario transmission and installed it ride became ok, that mechanic tried to sold the car but was unable to sell her because of vario transmission. finally he was forced to get the failed transmission fixed by couple of young fellows charging around 50k for fixing it, he was crying loud because that ride went cheap leaving big dent on his pocket .
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA,

can anyone pls suggest any good mechanic for Steermatic.

What would be the indications if tapet are not adjusted right?
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JANASHEEN View Post
    i also changed my CVT and my problem solved..
    just tell me 2 things
    cng lagi hui ha ?
    ya laga ke utarli gayi ha ?
    aur milage kitni ha?
    I never installed CNG in my car. KM done is around 35K. I have changed the Valve Body and now its running well. I havent yet taken it to motorway only than I would be sure that car is ok.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bought new shoes for my Steermatic. Earlier i had Yokohama DNA DB DECIBEL 195-55/R15. Two of the tyres had developed a bubble each. One bubble was getting bigger and was worrying me a lot especially in this hot summer season and often i need to travel out of city.

So this afternoon i went to Nila Gunmbad near King Edward Medical College to search. Only one shopkeeper had Yokohama DB in 55 and he was not ready to give only 2 tyres and asking 8500 each, plus the production date was 40th week of 2009.

After searching through the market i thought it is better to go for 195/60/R15 (production date 36th week 2010). Also Adil sb's experience seems good with 195/60/R15as well

Costed me 7850 each after negotiation. Couple of pics to share

Steermatic Fan Club -244995

Steermatic Fan Club -244996
    ..................__ ____|___\___
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)__|___/(O)\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

seems to be a good deal so now 2 are 195/55 & and other two 195/60
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by accord7362 View Post
    seems to be a good deal so now 2 are 195/55 & and other two 195/60

no, all changed. That would've been a crazy thing to do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL...Vazim I like shoes for tyres...seems you keep your car like a baby
    Periodic fuel injector servicing gives you maximum power, best fuel economy, optimized performance, Reduced engine wear, Driving pleasure and satisfaction.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vazim View Post
    no, all changed. That would've been a crazy thing to do
    oh thats ok many congratzzz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umar2606 View Post
    LOL...Vazim I like shoes for tyres...seems you keep your car like a baby
    well, i am sure here some treat steermatic better than their girlfriend I'm no way near them

Quote Originally Posted by accord7362 View Post
    oh thats ok many congratzzz
    thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=vazim;2797722]well, i am sure here some treat steermatic better than their girlfriend I'm no way near them

wasim bhai , i laughed on your above line very hard , good 1.
    and bohat bohat mubarak ho for new shoes, wise choice bro.
    i am currently use turtle tire foam do try them on new tires u won't be disappointed by the protection they give and believe me its really hard to remove it from the surface of the tires.
    here is the snap of the spray i am using.

Steermatic Fan Club -245447

Steermatic Fan Club -245448

kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List