Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 629 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 12574
Like Tree5319Likes

Thread: Honda City Fan Club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmadbila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,963
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City Fan Club

    (Maintainence schedule added at the end)

    Hi guys..!!! I thought we should have a Fan club for honda city.Theres already a fourm for City but thats dedicated to city steermatic only.in this club,we shall hav steermatic,idsi,cvt nd all models of city and all their variants. Well the history of this car is somewhat like this...


    First generation (1997-2000) On january 22nd 1997,the first Honda City was launched as a sedan.The city was always made for families and not for racing or sports.Thats why they were always equiped with the latest or sometimes firsts in the market.The interior was always very comforting and the seating position is also very comfortable.It had the options of power windows,and side view mirrors for the top model though they were not there in the base model.Power steeing,front seatbelts,digital clock,AC was available in the basic model too.One the outside,it was very elegantly designed.Beautiful,handsome and decent.Under the hood,it had a 1300cc 16valve SOHC engine ,and was the first car to have 16-valve in 1300cc category.


    Second generation (2000-2003) On January 20th 2000, Honda replaced the original City of 1997 with an update.This model of city had the basic shape of its predecessor.but with new crystal head lamps at the front,power side view mirrors and a chrome lining around the rear numberplate garnish.It was the first car in pakistan to have rear crystal headlights.It had two varients. Exi and Exi-s.The Exi had manual windows and side view mirrors,body colored licence plate garnish(not chromed), semi-fabric seat covers, 165/13 tyres,black door mirrors and no high mount stop lamp.But the Exi-s had all these things in it.The outside looked more gracefull with crystal lights and some new lines on the exterior.The engine in both of them were same.But this one had Programed fuel injection(PGM-Fi).There was optional 4-speed automatic transmission available. The engine engine's maximum horse power=90/6400 and maximum torque =11.5/4700 This model was produced until 2003


    Honda City Fan Club -536755

    Honda City Fan Club -536756




    Third generation (2003-2005) On 23rd August 2003, the third-generation Honda City was launched which had a totally new shape.It was a very stylish and aerodynamic shape introduced in pakistan for the first time.It also was the first car to introduce i-dsi (intelligence-dual and sequential ignation) and CVT (continuously variable transmission) in Pakistan.It had an engine which is higly fuel economic and was build specially for better fuel economy.This car was equipped with power windows(pinch free) , power side view mirrors, tilt adjustable steering column and yet another first,the EPS or electriconic power steering.it made the steering very very soft to turn and also it had no oil used in it so it had no maintanence required.Other featrure of this car is that its the first Euro 3 comliant car in pakistan,that means that its very low on harmful emmisions.The EURO 3 emission standard are applicable in Europe from the year 2000, they are considered to be amongst the most strict standards worldwide. The standard limits emissions to 2.1 g/kWh CO, 0.66 g/kWh HC, 5.0 g/kWh NOx, 0.1 g/kWh particles. Another striking feature is, the boot space(400ltrs).it was bigger then any local car availabe at that time.This car was basically meant for families.it had two glove compartments,a big boot,empty space under the rear seats, four glass holders,and also, a smal space provided in the two front doors.And guess what? All of these options were available in the basic version.This city was divided on just the basis of the drive-train.One was manual,and other was automatic. On the outside,this car was designed very sophisticatedly,it looked smaller than other cars in size from outside but is alot more spacious inside.the body design was an immediate hit among fans and poeple who knew somthing about this type of things.Even the side view mirrors are designed to cut through air.


    Honda City Fan Club -536757




    Fourth generation (2005-present) In september 2005,the fourth generation City was released.It was basically a face-lifted version on the previous model.it is known as the City ZX in Thailand, India, the New City in Malaysia and City in Pakistan.The most significant changes are a new exterior (new front grille, new headlamps, new fog lights, newtaillights and bumpers). The front end has been extended forward by 65 mm (2.6 in) while the rear has been extended by 15 mm (0.6 in). The VTEC trim have 15 inch alloy wheels as standard equipment. Interior changes are minor but it does include an armrest for the driver.The rest remains almost same as in the previous model. The engine remains the same but the intake manifold has been modified, resulting a 10% temperature drop in the intake air temperature (IAT), the suspension has been upgraded as well. Honda City in Pakistan are using CVT gearbox for both i-DSI and VTEC variants. The CVT-VTEC 1.5L gearbox is equipped with a Simulated 7-Speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) using paddle shift buttons. This is very rare for a subcompact of its class.This VTEC variant was called City-steermatic.

    Honda City Fan Club -214737



    Steermatic:- The steermatic is basicaly a name of a technology used in the city VTEC 1.5L model.this model had a different engine than the idsi.it had a 1.5L engine with an auto transmission.this was not any other auto transmission.its is steermatic,means that you can change gears just by push of a button on the steering wheel.this is basically used in F1 racing.It has 2 options,either you drive on fully automated CVT option,or you select a virtual manual transmission.For this,you would change the gears when you want with a push of a button.This model also have an opitiron meter and also stock imported 15" alloy rims with bridgestone Potenza tyres. This technology is very sophisticated and advanced,which,sadly was'nt accepted by the buyers in Pakistan because they simply could not understand it and hence,this particular model of city was discontined.


    I-dsi:- I-dsi stands for Intelligence-dual and sequential ignation.In this type of engine,two spark plugs are employed for each cylinder.That makes 8 spark plugs instead of 4 plugs used by most cars.Adding of an additional plug assures complete burning and utilizing the last drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders which would provide you the best performace and better fuel consumption.Not all the times the 8 plugs are working,but when u push your car through high revs or speeds,all of them work simeltaneously and thats when ypu can feel the difference.But theres one drawback in it,this engine is equiped with 8 valves not 16.Hence it decreased the performance and city seems to be out of breath after 5000RPMs,but as this is basically a family car,performance is not the priority.The best thing about this was the fuel economy,about which,you can read the paragraph below.

    Fifth generation (2009 onwards) On 31th january 2009,the fifth generation of the honda City was launched in Pakistan.Which was an immediate hit among the fans.The previous Honda City was criticised due to its shape,but this time the best thing was the shape,which is even more aerodynamic then the previous one and also resembles the big Honda brothers,Civic and Accord.The best thing about the exterior of this City is the front view of the car.The wide,sleek and elegently designed radiator grill gives a refreashing look to the car.The dimesions of the car are almost similar to those of the older model.The sharp lines on the hood gives the city some attitude on the road.The boot space is increased about 25%,from 400ltrs to 506ltrs.But the good news doesnt end there,under the hood,There is a fairly powerful 1.3L SOHC VTEC engine.which produces a healthy 100bhp,enough for a 1.3L car.But dont think that you would have to lose something on the fuel economy side to get this sort of power.The fuel economy is actually improved.Some indian car expert magzines gave the figures of 22km/ltr for the auto transmission,which is the best in its class.The emission standards are improved as well.Previous city was Euro 3 compliant,but the new city is Euro 4 compliant.which means that your car is enviornment friendly.The only thing which you need to be concered about is the interior,which feels abit cramped campared to the previous City,but there is a reason to it.In the pervious city.the hood and the trunk had only a small portion of the exterior length covered,and the cabin was much bigger,which gave nice interior space,but from outside,the car looked ugly to some eyes.To correct this ugliness,the car was redesigned with increased hood and trunk length from outside,this made it look much better but the drawback was the lesser interior space.The second thing was the missing silver portions on the interior bits and panels of the Pakistani City.The interior would have felt lively only if some spots of it would have been in silver color.But you have alot other advantages,like 15" rims,ABS as standard,vtec engine,details of fuel milage on a special screen in the speedometer,huge boot and many other small things. In a nutshel,the new Honda City is much more refined comparitively to the previous one.The basic things which matter alot have been improved like the engine and the exterior design.The ride of the car is also improved,thanks to the small changes in the suspension.All in all,its still a great package if you see it the value-for-money way in Pakistani market atleast.


    Honda City Fan Club - 20012009 28429 17y pakwheels28com291 n1a pakwheels28com29 W8V PakWheels28com29











    Fuel Consumption:- The 2005 face-lifted Honda City i-DSI achieved an impressive 26.2km per liter of fuel consumption during a challenge in June 2007. The challenge requires the vehicle to be occupied by 4 persons (including the driver), air conditioning being switched on and a load of luggage. The whole route stretched more than 660km that consists of not only highway driving but also hill climbing. ==================================== Source:-My self mostly,wikipedia and Honda atlas.


    In Short:- In short,according to me,all this proves that Honda City has been a great car for a family to have at all times for more than a decade now.It has proven its self to be a complete car one would need at a price tag it is available for.An im one of the thousands of satisfied owners of it for the past one year. Now all we need are your comments and thoughts upon this small wonder.And also do make sure you post some pix of your own city if you have,of any model.Please feel free to express your feelings about this car.

    Maintainence schedule:-

    There have been a lot of queries regarding the maintainence shedule of Honda City. To help find members and guests find this information easily and quickly, i am writing the complete maintainence shedule which i have been following for the past 5 years for my car (180,000kms).Cost of completing the job may/may not be stated. Some of it may not be the same as that in maintainence book provided by Honda people. In that case, i ll state the reason of the difference.Here goes.

    Oils:-
    Havoline formula 10W30 (3.7ltr) and oil filter change @ 3000kms. Cost 1900rs

    Transmission oil (Manual transmission) 2 ltr @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original oil 1980rs (2ltr)
    Good quality Zic/ micking oil 800rs (2ltr)

    Transmission oil ( Automatic transmission) 2lre @ 35,000kms
    Honda CVT oil ONLY (3.2-3.4L.) 1980rs

    Brake oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if padel feels very soft n goes wayy down.
    Honda original oil

    Clutch operation oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if you it shows signs of trouble

    Parts change:-

    Brake pads change:-
    recommended @ 30,000kms
    Can use any good quality pads. (labour 400rs for 4 wheels plus pads, from 500rs to 2500rs)

    Fuel filter change @ 40,000kms (IF driven on petrol)

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms Original Honda filter is best.Good quality guard filter is good too.
    980rs for OEM, 350rs for Guard filter.

    Spark plugs @ 20,000kms Original Honda plugs (8 plugs for idsi. 4 for steermatic, new city ivtec and before-2003 model City)

    Timing belt. Not required. From 2003 onwards, all honda Citys have timing chains instead of belts.They usually last a life time.

    Tune-ups :-

    Throttle body service @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs
    Tappets adjustment / valve clearence @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs

    Brake adjustment front not required after pads change. rear @ 30,000kms (or when front pads changed)

    Expected Life of Some parts:-

    Brake pads 35,000kms if driven aggressively ( cost already mentioned)
    Clutch plate 110,000kms if driven aggressively ( around 2000rs labour and 6000rs for clutch+pressure plate)
    Clutch bearing 150,000kms (So change with clutch plate) (800rs)
    Tuneups can be delayed to 30,000kms IF the car is run in clean enviornment like in Islamabad etc (less dust)
    Engine oil change can be delays to 5,000kms but not good in long run.

    Service Manual Honda City ids-i 2003-2008:-
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/CED54F8B8FB00360

    Tip for keeping automatic transmission (Vario and steermatic) healthy on CNG:-
    Change engine oil at 3,000kms MAX.
    Tranny oil at 30,000kms
    Tune up (throttle and valve clearence) at 20,000kms
    Do NOT ignore idleing problems. Rough idleing means jerks to transmission and thats what kills it on CNG.
    Keep air filter clean and change at 10,000kms max.

    Instrument cluster cleaning DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...ening-cleaning
    Console box opening and spray painting DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...-respray-diy-1
    A/c service, the easy way
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...ck-c-service-1
    Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...g-kallar-kahar
    2nd Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...ar-23-dec-12-a

    Thats all for now.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

  2. #4421
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a1ms View Post
    how about this kit ?
    Honda City Fan Club - 385318 Honda City Fan Club - 385319
    sorry but
    go for some other decent one
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  3. #4422
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    by default new city has no place for fog lights on front?
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  4. #4423
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    by default new city has no place for fog lights on front?
    she has
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  5. #4424
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    city 2000-2003 front bumper+grill used condition for sale

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...used-condition

  6. #4425
    PakWheeler Follow
    malikahmadjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hey guys m new to this fan club..though an owner of a city since 2004 and than had a 2009 and now got 2012 booked...
    i got few questions and want and expert opinion on it.....
    1. if i change the tires of city from 15 to 16' how would it affect .. i mean the fuel economy and power steering..? if yes than what should be the size of the tire..195/65/16 will that be ok or should be 205..? and which tyres...though m planning for yokohama C drive...is that OK??
    2. planning to change the front grill and want to have modulo front grill instead of the oem one and have heard honda also planning to give front grill in chrome. and how about the full body kit...?can any one tell what should be the price of it and how is it fixed i mean if at some point i try removing it would tht leave a mark and the bumper would be spoiled..??
    3. plz recomend any other changes...like fog lights and rear speaker and all that stuff...
    Regards

  7. #4426
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmadbila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,963
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
    hey guys m new to this fan club..though an owner of a city since 2004 and than had a 2009 and now got 2012 booked...
    i got few questions and want and expert opinion on it.....
    1. if i change the tires of city from 15 to 16' how would it affect .. i mean the fuel economy and power steering..? if yes than what should be the size of the tire..195/65/16 will that be ok or should be 205..? and which tyres...though m planning for yokohama C drive...is that OK??
    2. planning to change the front grill and want to have modulo front grill instead of the oem one and have heard honda also planning to give front grill in chrome. and how about the full body kit...?can any one tell what should be the price of it and how is it fixed i mean if at some point i try removing it would tht leave a mark and the bumper would be spoiled..??
    3. plz recomend any other changes...like fog lights and rear speaker and all that stuff...
    Regards
    1) If you want to get 16 inch rims , the best tire size would be 195/50/r16. 195/55/r16 is also acceptable but the first one is better.
    it wont stress the suspension or power steering etc... 205 size would be too wide... fuel economy might get badly effected.

    2) check the pix i posted on the last page... and i ve no idea how much it would cost.
    3) Get fog lamps, rear speakers, dont get any seatcovers (enjoy the stock seats for a while) . The stock headlights are not that bright, u might want to replace the bulbs in them to 90w ones (stock is 65w i guess) this will enhance the visibility but DONT go for HIDs. also get alloy rims if u want to spend on the looks of ur car.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

  8. #4427
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmadbila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,963
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys, im in a serious mess with my car
    some time back, someone stole one of my cars' windscreen wiper washer noozle. well, no issues, i got a new one but the problem is that the pipe that brings water to it has dropped inside that black plastic deck sort of thing on the base of front windscreen now i cant figure out how i can take it out of that housing sort of thing
    i tried to get it out using a few long needles but it was lying too low rainy days are right over the corner and im gonna be in huge trouble... need help...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

  9. #4428
    PakWheeler Follow
    malikahmadjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    1) If you want to get 16 inch rims , the best tire size would be 195/50/r16. 195/55/r16 is also acceptable but the first one is better.
    it wont stress the suspension or power steering etc... 205 size would be too wide... fuel economy might get badly effected.

    2) check the pix i posted on the last page... and i ve no idea how much it would cost.
    3) Get fog lamps, rear speakers, dont get any seatcovers (enjoy the stock seats for a while) . The stock headlights are not that bright, u might want to replace the bulbs in them to 90w ones (stock is 65w i guess) this will enhance the visibility but DONT go for HIDs. also get alloy rims if u want to spend on the looks of ur car.
    thx ahmad bhai.... but dont u think 195/50/16 would be too a low profile and make the ride too bumpy..... and even 55s i think r too small i had 195/ 65 / 15 in my 2009 city and thy were fine but if i go furthur down and go for 55 or 50....kinda tricky...
    and thx for the advice on Hids was really confused on tht.....hmm will try finding 90 w bulbs and get thm replaced. and do we have bulbs more than 90w aval tooo??..any company of bulbs u would like to suggest or anyone would work..???
    how about changing the front speakr and adding the rear ones too.... and as for seats yup will use the stocks....
    regards

  10. #4429
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    guys, im in a serious mess with my car
    some time back, someone stole one of my cars' windscreen wiper washer noozle. well, no issues, i got a new one but the problem is that the pipe that brings water to it has dropped inside that black plastic deck sort of thing on the base of front windscreen now i cant figure out how i can take it out of that housing sort of thing
    i tried to get it out using a few long needles but it was lying too low rainy days are right over the corner and im gonna be in huge trouble... need help...
    ahh! the same thing that happened to me a few days ago... the bloody thief stole the round black rubbers on the wiper nuts as well...

    well, thats no issue at all. U just have to unscrew the wipers and open that black plastic shaped deck sorta thingy in which the pipe has fallen down...

    when u pop the hood, u'll see three plastic fasteners by the help of which it is fixed... just get those out politely and then give that deck a little push from the bonnet side upwards to the windscreen side.

    it will pop out from its sides where it is under the fenders and u can remove it very easily. The pipe is in front of u do whatever u want..

    it'll be a good chance to clean the body area underneath as it'll probably be rusting with dirt.

    clean it up to ur level of satisfaction.

    when opening the wipers, make sure they are at their usual lock up place when u unscrew. otherwise u could end up messing their allginment.

    When unscrewing the bolts, apply reasonable pressure and not a sudden "impulse" to loosen them cz that may hurt the wiper arms underneath.

    its a DIY. i did to my car but couldn't post pics... sorry for that yaar.. u might be thinking i am away from the thread but yaar... studies...

    I managed to bring back to life the whole windshield washer system of my car that was clogged completely.

    Opened up the pipes from where ever I could and then made the washer motor to pump water for a second or two... Believe me there were salts in powdered form that I had never thought of them being there...

    cleaned those pipes one by one... and then the washer nozzles with acid and pins.. now the system works like dreams.

    Once u clean it up, here is a little catch:

    Always use some liquid detergent like a good shampoo in a certain amount with the water u use in the washer bottle as it'll help soften the hard water and it won't clog the pipes and nozzles anymore...! the cleansing action would also be greatly improved.

    The life of wiper blades will be enhanced as there will be less friction on the windshield...
    Hope this can be of some help...

    tell me if u need some pics...

    Waisay yaar, ek baat aur bhi hai ham logon main jo kuch khaas hai:

    Wo ye ke ham log raat ko sonay se pehle ya detailing k baarey me sochtey hain ya phir honda city k baarey main, jab k doosray loag apni "mehboobaas" k baarey me soch rahey hotey hain... lolz!!!
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  11. #4430
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
    thx ahmad bhai.... but dont u think 195/50/16 would be too a low profile and make the ride too bumpy..... and even 55s i think r too small i had 195/ 65 / 15 in my 2009 city and thy were fine but if i go furthur down and go for 55 or 50....kinda tricky...
    and thx for the advice on Hids was really confused on tht.....hmm will try finding 90 w bulbs and get thm replaced. and do we have bulbs more than 90w aval tooo??..any company of bulbs u would like to suggest or anyone would work..???
    how about changing the front speakr and adding the rear ones too.... and as for seats yup will use the stocks....
    regards
    well bro, first of all, welcome to our FC and congrats on the new purchase.. mind sharing the amount which u booked it for???

    As for the suggestions u've asked, yaar as u have already got some exp with this city, u'll probably knw that it has got rock hard suspension...

    I have got a 2012 as well and I tried using 17's on it... believe me in a journey of 200kms on those wheels, the car re-arranged my face...

    My suggestion for u i that either stick with the stock size or either go for 195/60/r16.

    Why ahmad bhai is saying it is not suitable is because it calculates to a difference greater than 3% from the stock wheels.

    And this difference could end up in an ABS system malfunction as it works with the speed calibration of ur car..

    But does not effect the city much as it has got pretty excellent brakes and ABS does not activate as usual as in a corolla.

    Minimum profile u'll be able to have with the pleasure of driving is 195/55 as A1ms bro has got.

    for the tyres, if u want to go for yokohama, go for advan dB.. c drive is a hard tyre...

    advan dB is all about comfort, grip, softness and silence... will give u an utter satisfaction of 50k kms or may be even more...

    yaar, actually, ahmad bhai don't know much about bulbs, but going to 90w bulbs instead of using stock ones will actually decrease the brightness of the light bro... it happened to me with my corolla.

    I think the stock lights have excellent calibration and visibilty. don't mess wih them unless u really need to..

    go for osram night breakers or bright white narva bulbs... use HID only if u have got projectors installed..

    brand of koito works great as well.

    for the speakers, just get urself a pair same as the stock ones for the rear... sound is excellent....
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  12. #4431
    PakWheeler Follow
    sheikh_wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    579
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    i have one question
    how do you people check your mileage until the petrol finishes atleast on auto cars as they start on petrol only,you carry petrol in bottle with you?
    My method of checking fuel average is simple. I reset the trip meter to '0' as soon as reserve fuel light appars. fill the fuel, note down the quantity and whenever the reserve light appears again divide the milage by the quantity e.g. in my last check my car traveled 134km in 8.2 lit. petrol, so the average is calculated as 16.3 KM/Lit.

  13. #4432
    PakWheeler Follow
    malikahmadjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    well bro, first of all, welcome to our FC and congrats on the new purchase.. mind sharing the amount which u booked it for???

    As for the suggestions u've asked, yaar as u have already got some exp with this city, u'll probably knw that it has got rock hard suspension...

    I have got a 2012 as well and I tried using 17's on it... believe me in a journey of 200kms on those wheels, the car re-arranged my face...

    My suggestion for u i that either stick with the stock size or either go for 195/60/r16.

    Why ahmad bhai is saying it is not suitable is because it calculates to a difference greater than 3% from the stock wheels.

    And this difference could end up in an ABS system malfunction as it works with the speed calibration of ur car..

    But does not effect the city much as it has got pretty excellent brakes and ABS does not activate as usual as in a corolla.

    Minimum profile u'll be able to have with the pleasure of driving is 195/55 as A1ms bro has got.

    for the tyres, if u want to go for yokohama, go for advan dB.. c drive is a hard tyre...

    advan dB is all about comfort, grip, softness and silence... will give u an utter satisfaction of 50k kms or may be even more...

    yaar, actually, ahmad bhai don't know much about bulbs, but going to 90w bulbs instead of using stock ones will actually decrease the brightness of the light bro... it happened to me with my corolla.

    I think the stock lights have excellent calibration and visibilty. don't mess wih them unless u really need to..

    go for osram night breakers or bright white narva bulbs... use HID only if u have got projectors installed..

    brand of koito works great as well.

    for the speakers, just get urself a pair same as the stock ones for the rear... sound is excellent....
    bhai that was the actuall issue.... the suspension is already very hard for the city and going low profile surely would make it harder.....
    as for ur question i got it booked for 14.67 with Nav... its scheduled to be deliverd in April mid or end...have a person known in honda moters so would be getting it pretty soon.. as and when the production starts....(it hasnt started as yet)..... ok will stick to stock headlamps cx i was just changing it for the asthetics part of it other wise 2009 has a pretty good light..hm would get Hids for the Fog lamps and tht would be good enught....
    bro can u tell the price of advn DB?????
    and last time i went for dunlop sp 7000 and leme say thy were pethatic.... worn out at 20,000 and hell noisy too.... so this time lets go by ur advice...
    and how about japanese rims...i mean a friend of mine got an amazing package....he got yokohama tyres and 16 inch japanese rims for just 24k.... though the rims aare 2nd hand but in excelent condition and u cant find out if thy r not new....he got it from peshawar......
    as for the speakers ,,, had a bad experience last time. cx didnt change the front stock ones and at loud voice the voice quality ddeterioted.....so planning to change all four nd gor sony and a pair would be around 3800 rs
    and any experience of full body kit...saw a city and it looked aswome with full body kit..... any coments???

  14. #4433
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a1ms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,225
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
    hey guys m new to this fan club..though an owner of a city since 2004 and than had a 2009 and now got 2012 booked...
    i got few questions and want and expert opinion on it.....
    1. if i change the tires of city from 15 to 16' how would it affect .. i mean the fuel economy and power steering..? if yes than what should be the size of the tire..195/65/16 will that be ok or should be 205..? and which tyres...though m planning for yokohama C drive...is that OK??
    2. planning to change the front grill and want to have modulo front grill instead of the oem one and have heard honda also planning to give front grill in chrome. and how about the full body kit...?can any one tell what should be the price of it and how is it fixed i mean if at some point i try removing it would tht leave a mark and the bumper would be spoiled..??
    3. plz recomend any other changes...like fog lights and rear speaker and all that stuff...
    Regards
    1)i am using 195/55/r16 on my 2011 city, it drives is excellent even better then my mum 2010 city which is on 195/65/15. fuel economy is almost same. go for it. 195/55/r16 is the best size for city in term of economy and looks

    2) modula front grill ranges from 6k to 10k, every one quotes price btween this range . i am after a kit now a days, some guys quote 24k for the kit 10k for grill & 4k for spoiler, this is the highest quote which i got uptill now.
    lowest is 6k for gril 2k for spoiler & 17k for the kit

    3) fog lights are for 3.5k

  15. #4434
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
    bhai that was the actuall issue.... the suspension is already very hard for the city and going low profile surely would make it harder.....
    as for ur question i got it booked for 14.67 with Nav... its scheduled to be deliverd in April mid or end...have a person known in honda moters so would be getting it pretty soon.. as and when the production starts....(it hasnt started as yet)..... ok will stick to stock headlamps cx i was just changing it for the asthetics part of it other wise 2009 has a pretty good light..hm would get Hids for the Fog lamps and tht would be good enught....
    bro can u tell the price of advn DB?????
    and last time i went for dunlop sp 7000 and leme say thy were pethatic.... worn out at 20,000 and hell noisy too.... so this time lets go by ur advice...
    and how about japanese rims...i mean a friend of mine got an amazing package....he got yokohama tyres and 16 inch japanese rims for just 24k.... though the rims aare 2nd hand but in excelent condition and u cant find out if thy r not new....he got it from peshawar......
    as for the speakers ,,, had a bad experience last time. cx didnt change the front stock ones and at loud voice the voice quality ddeterioted.....so planning to change all four nd gor sony and a pair would be around 3800 rs
    and any experience of full body kit...saw a city and it looked aswome with full body kit..... any coments???
    Well, thats true... Going for the sat nav was a pretty good decision....

    I didn't go for it cz am planning to put some thing ULTRA in the dash..

    Go for HID in the fogs and they'll be good... But don't forget to change the parking light bulbs in the headlight to LED. as yellow ones look with HIDs...

    as for the tyres bro, I have gad a pretty decent experience with yoko advan.

    Its around 9k-9.5k for a tyre, price will vary frm place to place. When buying, make sure that their production date is not more than 4 or 6 months old as rubber does not survive much in the "shop" conditions...

    bro, for the rims, I have no exp at all... always went for brand new like Polo, advantii, enkei type of stuff...

    never chinese never used.. bit expensive for the pocket but in the end, peace of mind.

    do check them many times before u buy.

    if u wanna change all four speaker, then go for components for the front and X-overs for the rear...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  16. #4435
    PakWheeler Follow
    AdaMant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Ahmedbila and all
    I have narrowed down my options to two cars, of which i like a polish metal A/T honda city 2009 more.
    I've done my market research but kindly tell me what should be an appropriate amount to pay for a 2009 honda city A/T. One piece of the car is painted(a small piece near left tail light). The rest mechanically and body wise its a neat car with 30,000 milage(Which i won't count as there are ways to alter that).
    InshaALLAH i will finalize the deal tomorrow. Also i will buy new tyres, and i know that in this thread its already discussed alot of times that which size and company tyres would be best for new shape city, but kindly let me know once again as I will buy them asap.
    Lastly what are the tips for maintainace of 2009 A/T, and what schedule should i follow? I'll be a first time A/T owner so i do need these tips badly.

    thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards,
    Adam

  17. #4436
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaMant View Post
    @Ahmedbila and all
    I have narrowed down my options to two cars, of which i like a polish metal A/T honda city 2009 more.
    I've done my market research but kindly tell me what should be an appropriate amount to pay for a 2009 honda city A/T. One piece of the car is painted(a small piece near left tail light). The rest mechanically and body wise its a neat car with 30,000 milage(Which i won't count as there are ways to alter that).
    InshaALLAH i will finalize the deal tomorrow. Also i will buy new tyres, and i know that in this thread its already discussed alot of times that which size and company tyres would be best for new shape city, but kindly let me know once again as I will buy them asap.
    Lastly what are the tips for maintainace of 2009 A/T, and what schedule should i follow? I'll be a first time A/T owner so i do need these tips badly.

    thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards,
    Adam
    4 how much u r buying?
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  18. #4437
    PakWheeler Follow
    AdaMant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ Huzaifa: That's what i'm asking you guys...the demand is 13,70,000 which is negociable ofcourse. I'm asking what should be my offer that does me and the seller its justice.

  19. #4438
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaMant View Post
    @ Huzaifa: That's what i'm asking you guys...the demand is 13,70,000 which is negociable ofcourse. I'm asking what should be my offer that does me and the seller its justice.
    IMO, rs 1350k for an excellent condition city AT 2009 is good. not more than that as its a 3 years driven car.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  20. #4439
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,221
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaMant View Post
    @Ahmedbila and all
    I have narrowed down my options to two cars, of which i like a polish metal A/T honda city 2009 more.
    I've done my market research but kindly tell me what should be an appropriate amount to pay for a 2009 honda city A/T. One piece of the car is painted(a small piece near left tail light). The rest mechanically and body wise its a neat car with 30,000 milage(Which i won't count as there are ways to alter that).
    InshaALLAH i will finalize the deal tomorrow. Also i will buy new tyres, and i know that in this thread its already discussed alot of times that which size and company tyres would be best for new shape city, but kindly let me know once again as I will buy them asap.
    Lastly what are the tips for maintainace of 2009 A/T, and what schedule should i follow? I'll be a first time A/T owner so i do need these tips badly.

    thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards,
    Adam
    Bro, as for the maintenance schedule, go thru the main post of the thread.. u'll find most of the info there... Still if ya need more, we're here for yu...

    secondly, tyres do depend on ur budget.. If u have a decent amount in ur pocket like 35k or more, then go for Michelin energy saver, yokohama advan dB v551, dunlop Le mans Lm703...

    all three are the softest in their brand names...

    and ur 2009 city will be having rock hard suspension, so u'll be needing soft rubber for it...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  21. #4440
    PakWheeler Follow
    AdaMant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @RollingOnBigMama: Thanks for the support
    The tyres you mentioned....which one would you prefer more? And what about the size that's ideal keeping consumption and suspension in mind?
    The wheels are stock honda city ones....i guess it's 15 inch rims? Correct me if i'm wrong

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •