95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Fan Club

(Maintainence schedule added at the end)

Hi guys..!!! I thought we should have a Fan club for honda city.Theres already a fourm for City but thats dedicated to city steermatic only.in this club,we shall hav steermatic,idsi,cvt nd all models of city and all their variants. Well the history of this car is somewhat like this...

First generation (1997-2000) On january 22nd 1997,the first Honda City was launched as a sedan.The city was always made for families and not for racing or sports.Thats why they were always equiped with the latest or sometimes firsts in the market.The interior was always very comforting and the seating position is also very comfortable.It had the options of power windows,and side view mirrors for the top model though they were not there in the base model.Power steeing,front seatbelts,digital clock,AC was available in the basic model too.One the outside,it was very elegantly designed.Beautiful,handsome and decent.Under the hood,it had a 1300cc 16valve SOHC engine ,and was the first car to have 16-valve in 1300cc category.

Second generation (2000-2003) On January 20th 2000, Honda replaced the original City of 1997 with an update.This model of city had the basic shape of its predecessor.but with new crystal head lamps at the front,power side view mirrors and a chrome lining around the rear numberplate garnish.It was the first car in pakistan to have rear crystal headlights.It had two varients. Exi and Exi-s.The Exi had manual windows and side view mirrors,body colored licence plate garnish(not chromed), semi-fabric seat covers, 165/13 tyres,black door mirrors and no high mount stop lamp.But the Exi-s had all these things in it.The outside looked more gracefull with crystal lights and some new lines on the exterior.The engine in both of them were same.But this one had Programed fuel injection(PGM-Fi).There was optional 4-speed automatic transmission available. The engine engine's maximum horse power=90/6400 and maximum torque =11.5/4700 This model was produced until 2003

Honda City Fan Club -536755

Honda City Fan Club -536756

Third generation (2003-2005) On 23rd August 2003, the third-generation Honda City was launched which had a totally new shape.It was a very stylish and aerodynamic shape introduced in pakistan for the first time.It also was the first car to introduce i-dsi (intelligence-dual and sequential ignation) and CVT (continuously variable transmission) in Pakistan.It had an engine which is higly fuel economic and was build specially for better fuel economy.This car was equipped with power windows(pinch free) , power side view mirrors, tilt adjustable steering column and yet another first,the EPS or electriconic power steering.it made the steering very very soft to turn and also it had no oil used in it so it had no maintanence required.Other featrure of this car is that its the first Euro 3 comliant car in pakistan,that means that its very low on harmful emmisions.The EURO 3 emission standard are applicable in Europe from the year 2000, they are considered to be amongst the most strict standards worldwide. The standard limits emissions to 2.1 g/kWh CO, 0.66 g/kWh HC, 5.0 g/kWh NOx, 0.1 g/kWh particles. Another striking feature is, the boot space(400ltrs).it was bigger then any local car availabe at that time.This car was basically meant for families.it had two glove compartments,a big boot,empty space under the rear seats, four glass holders,and also, a smal space provided in the two front doors.And guess what? All of these options were available in the basic version.This city was divided on just the basis of the drive-train.One was manual,and other was automatic. On the outside,this car was designed very sophisticatedly,it looked smaller than other cars in size from outside but is alot more spacious inside.the body design was an immediate hit among fans and poeple who knew somthing about this type of things.Even the side view mirrors are designed to cut through air.

Honda City Fan Club -536757

Fourth generation (2005-present) In september 2005,the fourth generation City was released.It was basically a face-lifted version on the previous model.it is known as the City ZX in Thailand, India, the New City in Malaysia and City in Pakistan.The most significant changes are a new exterior (new front grille, new headlamps, new fog lights, newtaillights and bumpers). The front end has been extended forward by 65 mm (2.6 in) while the rear has been extended by 15 mm (0.6 in). The VTEC trim have 15 inch alloy wheels as standard equipment. Interior changes are minor but it does include an armrest for the driver.The rest remains almost same as in the previous model. The engine remains the same but the intake manifold has been modified, resulting a 10% temperature drop in the intake air temperature (IAT), the suspension has been upgraded as well. Honda City in Pakistan are using CVT gearbox for both i-DSI and VTEC variants. The CVT-VTEC 1.5L gearbox is equipped with a Simulated 7-Speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) using paddle shift buttons. This is very rare for a subcompact of its class.This VTEC variant was called City-steermatic.

Honda City Fan Club -214737

Steermatic:- The steermatic is basicaly a name of a technology used in the city VTEC 1.5L model.this model had a different engine than the idsi.it had a 1.5L engine with an auto transmission.this was not any other auto transmission.its is steermatic,means that you can change gears just by push of a button on the steering wheel.this is basically used in F1 racing.It has 2 options,either you drive on fully automated CVT option,or you select a virtual manual transmission.For this,you would change the gears when you want with a push of a button.This model also have an opitiron meter and also stock imported 15" alloy rims with bridgestone Potenza tyres. This technology is very sophisticated and advanced,which,sadly was'nt accepted by the buyers in Pakistan because they simply could not understand it and hence,this particular model of city was discontined.

I-dsi:- I-dsi stands for Intelligence-dual and sequential ignation.In this type of engine,two spark plugs are employed for each cylinder.That makes 8 spark plugs instead of 4 plugs used by most cars.Adding of an additional plug assures complete burning and utilizing the last drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders which would provide you the best performace and better fuel consumption.Not all the times the 8 plugs are working,but when u push your car through high revs or speeds,all of them work simeltaneously and thats when ypu can feel the difference.But theres one drawback in it,this engine is equiped with 8 valves not 16.Hence it decreased the performance and city seems to be out of breath after 5000RPMs,but as this is basically a family car,performance is not the priority.The best thing about this was the fuel economy,about which,you can read the paragraph below.

Fifth generation (2009 onwards) On 31th january 2009,the fifth generation of the honda City was launched in Pakistan.Which was an immediate hit among the fans.The previous Honda City was criticised due to its shape,but this time the best thing was the shape,which is even more aerodynamic then the previous one and also resembles the big Honda brothers,Civic and Accord.The best thing about the exterior of this City is the front view of the car.The wide,sleek and elegently designed radiator grill gives a refreashing look to the car.The dimesions of the car are almost similar to those of the older model.The sharp lines on the hood gives the city some attitude on the road.The boot space is increased about 25%,from 400ltrs to 506ltrs.But the good news doesnt end there,under the hood,There is a fairly powerful 1.3L SOHC VTEC engine.which produces a healthy 100bhp,enough for a 1.3L car.But dont think that you would have to lose something on the fuel economy side to get this sort of power.The fuel economy is actually improved.Some indian car expert magzines gave the figures of 22km/ltr for the auto transmission,which is the best in its class.The emission standards are improved as well.Previous city was Euro 3 compliant,but the new city is Euro 4 compliant.which means that your car is enviornment friendly.The only thing which you need to be concered about is the interior,which feels abit cramped campared to the previous City,but there is a reason to it.In the pervious city.the hood and the trunk had only a small portion of the exterior length covered,and the cabin was much bigger,which gave nice interior space,but from outside,the car looked ugly to some eyes.To correct this ugliness,the car was redesigned with increased hood and trunk length from outside,this made it look much better but the drawback was the lesser interior space.The second thing was the missing silver portions on the interior bits and panels of the Pakistani City.The interior would have felt lively only if some spots of it would have been in silver color.But you have alot other advantages,like 15" rims,ABS as standard,vtec engine,details of fuel milage on a special screen in the speedometer,huge boot and many other small things. In a nutshel,the new Honda City is much more refined comparitively to the previous one.The basic things which matter alot have been improved like the engine and the exterior design.The ride of the car is also improved,thanks to the small changes in the suspension.All in all,its still a great package if you see it the value-for-money way in Pakistani market atleast.

Honda City Fan Club - 20012009 28429 17y pakwheels28com291 n1a pakwheels28com29 W8V PakWheels28com29

Fuel Consumption:- The 2005 face-lifted Honda City i-DSI achieved an impressive 26.2km per liter of fuel consumption during a challenge in June 2007. The challenge requires the vehicle to be occupied by 4 persons (including the driver), air conditioning being switched on and a load of luggage. The whole route stretched more than 660km that consists of not only highway driving but also hill climbing. ==================================== Source:-My self mostly,wikipedia and Honda atlas.

In Short:- In short,according to me,all this proves that Honda City has been a great car for a family to have at all times for more than a decade now.It has proven its self to be a complete car one would need at a price tag it is available for.An im one of the thousands of satisfied owners of it for the past one year. Now all we need are your comments and thoughts upon this small wonder.And also do make sure you post some pix of your own city if you have,of any model.Please feel free to express your feelings about this car.

Maintainence schedule:-

There have been a lot of queries regarding the maintainence shedule of Honda City. To help find members and guests find this information easily and quickly, i am writing the complete maintainence shedule which i have been following for the past 5 years for my car (180,000kms).Cost of completing the job may/may not be stated. Some of it may not be the same as that in maintainence book provided by Honda people. In that case, i ll state the reason of the difference.Here goes.

Oils:-
    Havoline formula 10W30 (3.7ltr) and oil filter change @ 3000kms. Cost 1900rs

Transmission oil (Manual transmission) 2 ltr @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original oil 1980rs (2ltr)
    Good quality Zic/ micking oil 800rs (2ltr)

Transmission oil ( Automatic transmission) 2lre @ 35,000kms
    Honda CVT oil ONLY (3.2-3.4L.) 1980rs

Brake oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if padel feels very soft n goes wayy down.
    Honda original oil

Clutch operation oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if you it shows signs of trouble

Parts change:-

Brake pads change:-
    recommended @ 30,000kms
    Can use any good quality pads. (labour 400rs for 4 wheels plus pads, from 500rs to 2500rs)

Fuel filter change @ 40,000kms (IF driven on petrol)

Air filter change @ 10,000kms Original Honda filter is best.Good quality guard filter is good too.
    980rs for OEM, 350rs for Guard filter.

Spark plugs @ 20,000kms Original Honda plugs (8 plugs for idsi. 4 for steermatic, new city ivtec and before-2003 model City)

Timing belt. Not required. From 2003 onwards, all honda Citys have timing chains instead of belts.They usually last a life time.

Tune-ups :-

Throttle body service @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs
    Tappets adjustment / valve clearence @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs

Brake adjustment front not required after pads change. rear @ 30,000kms (or when front pads changed)

Expected Life of Some parts:-

Brake pads 35,000kms if driven aggressively ( cost already mentioned)
    Clutch plate 110,000kms if driven aggressively ( around 2000rs labour and 6000rs for clutch+pressure plate)
    Clutch bearing 150,000kms (So change with clutch plate) (800rs)
    Tuneups can be delayed to 30,000kms IF the car is run in clean enviornment like in Islamabad etc (less dust)
    Engine oil change can be delays to 5,000kms but not good in long run.

Service Manual Honda City ids-i 2003-2008:-
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/CED54F8B8FB00360

Tip for keeping automatic transmission (Vario and steermatic) healthy on CNG:-
    Change engine oil at 3,000kms MAX.
    Tranny oil at 30,000kms
    Tune up (throttle and valve clearence) at 20,000kms
    Do NOT ignore idleing problems. Rough idleing means jerks to transmission and thats what kills it on CNG.
    Keep air filter clean and change at 10,000kms max.

Instrument cluster cleaning DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...ening-cleaning
    Console box opening and spray painting DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...-respray-diy-1
    A/c service, the easy way
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...ck-c-service-1
    Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...g-kallar-kahar
    2nd Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...ar-23-dec-12-a

Thats all for now.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    looking very nice, sporty young look mashallha, how much u paied for these seat covers ?
    Thanx. I paid Rs. 4000/- back in 2010 September for this. Still after almost 2 years of regular use, the seat covers are in perfect shape.
    Success lies not in fall but in getting up after every fall.
    Danish Riaz.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    Passenger Car Tires Available in Asia | PRODUCTS | THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO.,LTD.

this page says it all..number one in comfort and silence in yokohama tyres
    Thanks for the url bro. I visited Asad Tyres in Sadar Rawalpindi. I think I have to chose between
    1-Advan DB
    2-and C drive.

One more problem is that they're available in 195/65/15 whereas the stock tyres for Honda City 2012 are 175/65/15. What kind of warranty will be ruined if I get 195/65/15.

My Objective to change tyres is to
    1-Improve drive comfort
    2-Improve (or atleast not ruin the existing) fuel economy

Which tyre brand and size will help me achieve the above objectives for Honda City 2012?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lovesleeping View Post
    @ahemdbila how is cng not compitable with cvt tranny i realy dont get it what has gear box have to do with fuel since cng is altrinative fuel
    that question raises its head in almost everyone who ponders on the cvt cng combination good thing u mentioned.

actually, the engine lacks smoothness on cng. it constantly generates small 'kicks' or 'jerks' on cng as its not meant to be run on cng, these kicks make their way into the transmission from the engine through the fly wheel n thats what kills the innocent, sensitive cvt. a normal manual tranny is too tough for these small jerks to cause any damage. so manual takes the beating well but cvt doesnt.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response.
    As per your suggestions I'll start looking for Yohohama Aspec A300 today. One more question. Is there a specific disadvantage of soft tyres?
    well, soft tires have very soft side wall, this means that if u take a turn harshly, the body of ur car will roll a bit more then that compared to hard tires. thats not an issue unless u like to throw ur car hard into turns...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its wonderful that you are loving ur tyres, but seriously bro, u have to google a little bit to see the comparison between digi tyre Eco and advan db. advab db are THE flagship tyres of Yokohama and are coming stock on few mercs even, and also on toyota Prius. they are ranked no 2 in the world for fuel economy and no 1 in the world for low noise. digityre eco is a tyre with deep grooves but after few thousand kilometers becomes extremely noisy and produces screeching noise on hot tarmac. plus, it has more percentage of metal compound in its structure, hence it is prone to getting deshaped if subjected to hitting potholes. just a brotherly advice, be careful with the tyres u have, although i wish and pray they give u long long long pleasurable drives. my only point of making this comment is that by no means ever on earth digityre eco is better than yokohama A drive, C drive and db....let alone Advan db which is the best in its class. the only competition advan db has is Michelin Energy Saver in comfort, grip and silence. these two tyres are a class apart
    +1
    yoko DB is the S class of the tire world!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haha I know we make a lot of fellow members jealous, but thats normal, sometimes we make them crazy Guess what, we recently had an SQ meet in Lahore, took place in Qadafi Stadium (Hotspot), it was really good. I am also from Sargodha, lucky that I shifted to Lahore otherwise I had to travel 200KMs for a meet, but man this is nothing, only 200KMs, I would definitely have taken this challenge.

Keep in touch, theres another meet coming up soon Check out our fan club and you'll know when and where.

Bro, Karachi is a different world, I miss it. Such a lovely weather in July. Punjab is so damn hot, this hot that girls of summer have stopped showing up. Crap.

Man, IDSI is so light on the pocket, I guess I can never let it go, I would keep it as a second car when I buy my Civic.. Besides, the more I drive it, the deeper I fall in love with it. Its just that its not a perfect package, but what the hell, no one is perfect..

Lets drink to our rides..
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    ahan gr8... sometimes i feel kinda jealous of u lahore members, every now u then u guys r having grrrr8 GTGs, enjoying ur passion of detailing, racing n audio systems etc... Enjoy n do take pix so that we can also enjoy a little
    well there werent any power cuts here in sargodha for the past 3 days too, but today its back to normal

yeah agreed, brakes of idsi arent gud enough. they take a lot of force to stop the car. Get urself a civic man, cheer phaar tou log rolls royce ki bhi kar lete hain, havent u seen any episode of west coast customs etc?
    FOCAL - The Spirit of Sound - Fan Club / www.pakwheels.com/forums/car-entertainment-electronics-gps-navigation/195869-focal-spirit-sound-fan-club

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that question raises its head in almost everyone who ponders on the cvt cng combination good thing u mentioned.

actually, the engine lacks smoothness on cng. it constantly generates small 'kicks' or 'jerks' on cng as its not meant to be run on cng, these kicks make their way into the transmission from the engine through the fly wheel n thats what kills the innocent, sensitive cvt. a normal manual tranny is too tough for these small jerks to cause any damage. so manual takes the beating well but cvt doesnt.
    Why not the fluid of torque converter smoothens these kicks as small jerks cant move the heavy transmission so must be killed in the converter keeping the cvt calm and stress free. This is what came in my mind.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    ahmad bhai
    whats differnce between cvt and prosmetic gears ?, before on city only a/t gear mention on back hood but now a days its mentioning prosmetic
    jazakallha
    Ahmad bhai,i ve made this very rough sketch to refresh my own concept and to explain it to fellow members.

meet the CVT transmission cycle i made a cycle instead of a car transmission because i ve never seen a car's tranny from inside
    so, heres the sketch which will explain to u how cvt works. the total concept of shifting is absent in cvt. the prosmatec is just about the METHOD which is used to send the chain from one sprocket to another, in a way as to miminize the jerk that is normally felt. however, it also decides about WHEN and and WHICH RPMs to shift into WHAT gear for WHAT requirements. ex. when in hilly areas, it will decide on weather to shift to a lower gear or keep on accelerating in the current on etc etc. prosmatec is however, a bit advanced form of simple automatic transmission. not something totally new, like CVT.

also watch the videos in my earlier post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    Why not the fluid of torque converter smoothens these kicks as small jerks cant move the heavy transmission so must be killed in the converter keeping the cvt calm and stress free. This is what came in my mind.
    as far as i know, there is no torque converter in cvt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the url bro. I visited Asad Tyres in Sadar Rawalpindi. I think I have to chose between
    1-Advan DB
    2-and C drive.

One more problem is that they're available in 195/65/15 whereas the stock tyres for Honda City 2012 are 175/65/15. What kind of warranty will be ruined if I get 195/65/15.

1-Improve drive comfort

Which tyre brand and size will help me achieve the above objectives for Honda City 2012?

warranty of the suspension parts will get void but dont worry about that. ur suspension shud last around 200,000kms easily if u drive mostly in islamabad. plus, larger tire (large tread size) wont hard ur suspension. yes, if u get larger rims, 16 17 or more, only then ur suspension will get bad hits to it. so, dont worry about it.

check out this size, it will tell u which sizes are gud for ur car and which arent.
    Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

i'd say get 185/60R15
    you ll get best fuel economy and a bit better stability at high speeds, i personally prefer 195s btw. even 195 wont harm the fuel economy a lot but definately, a little bit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moonjee View Post
    Haha I know we make a lot of fellow members jealous, but thats normal, sometimes we make them crazy Guess what, we recently had an SQ meet in Lahore, took place in Qadafi Stadium (Hotspot), it was really good. I am also from Sargodha, lucky that I shifted to Lahore otherwise I had to travel 200KMs for a meet, but man this is nothing, only 200KMs, I would definitely have taken this challenge.

Keep in touch, theres another meet coming up soon Check out our fan club and you'll know when and where.

Bro, Karachi is a different world, I miss it. Such a lovely weather in July. Punjab is so damn hot, this hot that girls of summer have stopped showing up. Crap.

Man, IDSI is so light on the pocket, I guess I can never let it go, I would keep it as a second car when I buy my Civic.. Besides, the more I drive it, the deeper I fall in love with it. Its just that its not a perfect package, but what the hell, no one is perfect..

Lets drink to our rides..
    Cheers!
    u know what? all these car gtgs, detailing gtgs n everything makes me wanna move to lahore too coming to lahore for gtg, the 200km is no issue for me but u know, student like mai banda independant tou nai hota na

hahaha... girls of summer thats a dilemma yeah its too damn hot here in punjab, it was better after the rain for a day or two but no rain for a few days now n the mercury is almost touching the sky now

oh yeah, the best thing about idsi is its fuel economy! brakes wud be the worst one i'd say. but one can always improve them using better tires n maintaining the braking system properly. otherwise, city is the nearest it gets to a perfect family sedan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

warranty of the suspension parts will get void but dont worry about that. ur suspension shud last around 200,000kms easily if u drive mostly in islamabad. plus, larger tire (large tread size) wont hard ur suspension. yes, if u get larger rims, 16 17 or more, only then ur suspension will get bad hits to it. so, dont worry about it.

check out this size, it will tell u which sizes are gud for ur car and which arent.
    Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

i'd say get 185/60R15
    you ll get best fuel economy and a bit better stability at high speeds, i personally prefer 195s btw. even 195 wont harm the fuel economy a lot but definately, a little bit.
    Thanks for the detailed response.. The tyre size calculator is great and it clearly shows 185/60/15 is closest to 175/65/15 (stock tyres). But the first question is that the profile of 185/60/15 is lower than the stock ones (60 vs 65). Does that mean that the car will be a little lower and chances to hit pakistani speedbreakers from below will increase?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the detailed response.. The tyre size calculator is great and it clearly shows 185/60/15 is closest to 175/65/15 (stock tyres). But the first question is that the profile of 185/60/15 is lower than the stock ones (60 vs 65). Does that mean that the car will be a little lower and chances to hit pakistani speedbreakers from below will increase?
    no sir, the profile is not different at all. its almost 100% same. the 60 and 65 are not absolute figures, they are percentages. let me show u.
    175/65/r15 means that the sidewall/profile of the tire is 65% of what its tread is. in this size, the tread is 175. so side will height will be:-

175 x 65% = 113.75mm

now lets calculate the same for 185/60/r15

185 x 60% = 111mm

so u see, there only about 2mm difference in the two and when u take the total height of tire from bottom to top, including the 15 inch rim, this 2mm is totally immaterial. so dont worry, that size is perfect for ur car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir jee, no comparison
    A car needs simple tyres to run on them why spend so much money on just tyres and also on those ones which are so rare to find in a market i am talking about Yokohama ADVAN DB...I just went to a well known tyre shop located on Murree Road Rawalpindi, asked them about tyres for my City 2012, he gave me two options 1. Yokohama A-Drive and the other Dunlop Digi ECO out of which i finally chose Dunlop because:

1. Its a well known and decent tyre brand in the world!!!

2. Dunlop ECO looked very beautiful and grippy to me, the design was far more beautiful than Yokohama A-Drive!!!

3. They are super soft tyres - an excellent choice for bumpy and rough roads!!!

4. Comes with standard 1 year warranty!!!

3. Had a very competent rate which was Rs.6700 per tyre for 195/65 R15 size!!!

So now tell me was it so much essential to install Yoko ADVAN DB when you get so wonderful tyres at a much cheaper rate!!!
    For swift and gutsy response use CIVIC!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RN427 View Post
    A car needs simple tyres to run on them why spend so much money on just tyres and also on those ones which are so rare to find in a market i am talking about Yokohama ADVAN DB...I just went to a well known tyre shop located on Murree Road Rawalpindi, asked them about tyres for my City 2012, he gave me two options 1. Yokohama A-Drive and the other Dunlop Digi ECO out of which i finally chose Dunlop because:

2. Dunlop ECO looked very beautiful and grippy to me, the design was far more beautiful than Yokohama A-Drive!!!

So now tell me was it so much essential to install Yoko ADVAN DB when you get so wonderful tyres at a much cheaper rate!!!
    Sir with utmost respect, i beg to differ!

in new way im saying that dunlop is bad but yokohama is certainly better. AND investing in better tire is always worth it because 'siyaanay kehtay hain' thats the only part of ur 1.4 million pkr car that touches the road. if u save money there, thats not a gud deal.
    do u know, dunlops are prone to swelling?

1) yes its well known but yokohama is much more well known n yoko is more then just a decent tire. its top class thing.

2) well, maybe it is beautiful but thats not its primary function, is it? and certainly its not as grippy as yokohamas (first hand experience speaking here)

3) soft is not always the best, if u drive regularly on bad roads, softer tires can get deshaped easily. some ppl also say that softer tires wear out sooner but im not sure about this one

4) Warranty? ok. consider this. one of the tire bursts/deshapes/cracks/swells (GOD forbid) and u take it to the shop u bought it from, along with the reciept. what do u think the salesman there will do? he ll accuse YOU of driving it in ways it wasnt meant to be driven. he ll NEVER replace the tire for u free of cost. im my 21 years of life chasing my passion of cars, i ve never met a single person in Pakistan who got tires replaced on warranty. its only oral warranty. there isnt any paperwork for it. so there is NO warranty!

5) competent rates? i'd say one gets what they pay for. at 6700rs per tire, dunlop is gud. at 8500 a piece, yokohama is good but yoko n dunlop cannot be compared to each other directly.

what im saying is that, yes, not everyone can afford to buy tires costing that much but there is no doubt that IF one buys them, the money spent is well worth it!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i searched alot to fond yokohama adcan DB in 185 profile but i only found it in 195 and 195 profile isnt suitable for theis City as it decreases the fuel average(have had experience).So the shopkeeper only had two tyres in 185 profile: Yokohama C-Drive and Dunlop Sp300. I went for dunlop as they looked better than C Drive.

I wish Michelin Energy Saver or Yokohama Advan DB were avalaible in 185.Would gotten them without doubt.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Ahmad Billa

Bhai YAAR mil nahin rahe they Yokohama ADVAN DB as everyone knows they are short in market otherwise i would definetely gone for it have told you at that time i had only 2 options available for my CITY 2012 1. Yoko A-Drive and 2. Dunlop ECO out of which Dunlop seemed to me a bit more revealing and the person there (My father's close friend) also suggested me to buy DUNLOP...He was saying that they are great tyres...70-80 hazaar kilometer chal jayenge aapgi gari par!!! So i did what he told me to!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ arhum1994

Good Yaar i also opted out for Dunlop as its a reliable brand in tyre world...Well NICE CHOICE i must say!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1-Advan DB
    2-and C drive.

1-Improve drive comfort

as long as u stick to the stock rim warranty wud not get void (this is what honda guys told me)

+1
    yoko DB is the S class of the tire world!
    they definitely are who db series is just stunning

Quote Originally Posted by RN427 View Post

as they say "the only contact your car has with the road is equivalent to the space occupied by 4 x letter envelopes. what else can be said

Quote Originally Posted by arhum1994 View Post
    Well i searched alot to fond yokohama adcan DB in 185 profile but i only found it in 195 and 195 profile isnt suitable for theis City as it decreases the fuel average(have had experience).So the shopkeeper only had two tyres in 185 profile: Yokohama C-Drive and Dunlop Sp300. I went for dunlop as they looked better than C Drive.

I wish Michelin Energy Saver or Yokohama Advan DB were avalaible in 185.Would gotten them without doubt.
    yokohama advan db is definitely available in market in 185/65/15. i myself got them installed in june first week. you just have to know where to look for and from whom to ask

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yokohama advan db is definitely available in market in 185/65/15. i myself got them installed in june first week. you just have to know where to look for and from whom to ask
    Can you guide me from where I can get 185/60/15 or 185/65/15 in Islamabad / Rawalpindi. I checked with Asad tyres in Sadar Rwp but they dont have it.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List