95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Fan Club

(Maintainence schedule added at the end)

Hi guys..!!! I thought we should have a Fan club for honda city.Theres already a fourm for City but thats dedicated to city steermatic only.in this club,we shall hav steermatic,idsi,cvt nd all models of city and all their variants. Well the history of this car is somewhat like this...

First generation (1997-2000) On january 22nd 1997,the first Honda City was launched as a sedan.The city was always made for families and not for racing or sports.Thats why they were always equiped with the latest or sometimes firsts in the market.The interior was always very comforting and the seating position is also very comfortable.It had the options of power windows,and side view mirrors for the top model though they were not there in the base model.Power steeing,front seatbelts,digital clock,AC was available in the basic model too.One the outside,it was very elegantly designed.Beautiful,handsome and decent.Under the hood,it had a 1300cc 16valve SOHC engine ,and was the first car to have 16-valve in 1300cc category.

Second generation (2000-2003) On January 20th 2000, Honda replaced the original City of 1997 with an update.This model of city had the basic shape of its predecessor.but with new crystal head lamps at the front,power side view mirrors and a chrome lining around the rear numberplate garnish.It was the first car in pakistan to have rear crystal headlights.It had two varients. Exi and Exi-s.The Exi had manual windows and side view mirrors,body colored licence plate garnish(not chromed), semi-fabric seat covers, 165/13 tyres,black door mirrors and no high mount stop lamp.But the Exi-s had all these things in it.The outside looked more gracefull with crystal lights and some new lines on the exterior.The engine in both of them were same.But this one had Programed fuel injection(PGM-Fi).There was optional 4-speed automatic transmission available. The engine engine's maximum horse power=90/6400 and maximum torque =11.5/4700 This model was produced until 2003

Honda City Fan Club -536755

Honda City Fan Club -536756

Third generation (2003-2005) On 23rd August 2003, the third-generation Honda City was launched which had a totally new shape.It was a very stylish and aerodynamic shape introduced in pakistan for the first time.It also was the first car to introduce i-dsi (intelligence-dual and sequential ignation) and CVT (continuously variable transmission) in Pakistan.It had an engine which is higly fuel economic and was build specially for better fuel economy.This car was equipped with power windows(pinch free) , power side view mirrors, tilt adjustable steering column and yet another first,the EPS or electriconic power steering.it made the steering very very soft to turn and also it had no oil used in it so it had no maintanence required.Other featrure of this car is that its the first Euro 3 comliant car in pakistan,that means that its very low on harmful emmisions.The EURO 3 emission standard are applicable in Europe from the year 2000, they are considered to be amongst the most strict standards worldwide. The standard limits emissions to 2.1 g/kWh CO, 0.66 g/kWh HC, 5.0 g/kWh NOx, 0.1 g/kWh particles. Another striking feature is, the boot space(400ltrs).it was bigger then any local car availabe at that time.This car was basically meant for families.it had two glove compartments,a big boot,empty space under the rear seats, four glass holders,and also, a smal space provided in the two front doors.And guess what? All of these options were available in the basic version.This city was divided on just the basis of the drive-train.One was manual,and other was automatic. On the outside,this car was designed very sophisticatedly,it looked smaller than other cars in size from outside but is alot more spacious inside.the body design was an immediate hit among fans and poeple who knew somthing about this type of things.Even the side view mirrors are designed to cut through air.

Honda City Fan Club -536757

Fourth generation (2005-present) In september 2005,the fourth generation City was released.It was basically a face-lifted version on the previous model.it is known as the City ZX in Thailand, India, the New City in Malaysia and City in Pakistan.The most significant changes are a new exterior (new front grille, new headlamps, new fog lights, newtaillights and bumpers). The front end has been extended forward by 65 mm (2.6 in) while the rear has been extended by 15 mm (0.6 in). The VTEC trim have 15 inch alloy wheels as standard equipment. Interior changes are minor but it does include an armrest for the driver.The rest remains almost same as in the previous model. The engine remains the same but the intake manifold has been modified, resulting a 10% temperature drop in the intake air temperature (IAT), the suspension has been upgraded as well. Honda City in Pakistan are using CVT gearbox for both i-DSI and VTEC variants. The CVT-VTEC 1.5L gearbox is equipped with a Simulated 7-Speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) using paddle shift buttons. This is very rare for a subcompact of its class.This VTEC variant was called City-steermatic.

Honda City Fan Club -214737

Steermatic:- The steermatic is basicaly a name of a technology used in the city VTEC 1.5L model.this model had a different engine than the idsi.it had a 1.5L engine with an auto transmission.this was not any other auto transmission.its is steermatic,means that you can change gears just by push of a button on the steering wheel.this is basically used in F1 racing.It has 2 options,either you drive on fully automated CVT option,or you select a virtual manual transmission.For this,you would change the gears when you want with a push of a button.This model also have an opitiron meter and also stock imported 15" alloy rims with bridgestone Potenza tyres. This technology is very sophisticated and advanced,which,sadly was'nt accepted by the buyers in Pakistan because they simply could not understand it and hence,this particular model of city was discontined.

I-dsi:- I-dsi stands for Intelligence-dual and sequential ignation.In this type of engine,two spark plugs are employed for each cylinder.That makes 8 spark plugs instead of 4 plugs used by most cars.Adding of an additional plug assures complete burning and utilizing the last drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders which would provide you the best performace and better fuel consumption.Not all the times the 8 plugs are working,but when u push your car through high revs or speeds,all of them work simeltaneously and thats when ypu can feel the difference.But theres one drawback in it,this engine is equiped with 8 valves not 16.Hence it decreased the performance and city seems to be out of breath after 5000RPMs,but as this is basically a family car,performance is not the priority.The best thing about this was the fuel economy,about which,you can read the paragraph below.

Fifth generation (2009 onwards) On 31th january 2009,the fifth generation of the honda City was launched in Pakistan.Which was an immediate hit among the fans.The previous Honda City was criticised due to its shape,but this time the best thing was the shape,which is even more aerodynamic then the previous one and also resembles the big Honda brothers,Civic and Accord.The best thing about the exterior of this City is the front view of the car.The wide,sleek and elegently designed radiator grill gives a refreashing look to the car.The dimesions of the car are almost similar to those of the older model.The sharp lines on the hood gives the city some attitude on the road.The boot space is increased about 25%,from 400ltrs to 506ltrs.But the good news doesnt end there,under the hood,There is a fairly powerful 1.3L SOHC VTEC engine.which produces a healthy 100bhp,enough for a 1.3L car.But dont think that you would have to lose something on the fuel economy side to get this sort of power.The fuel economy is actually improved.Some indian car expert magzines gave the figures of 22km/ltr for the auto transmission,which is the best in its class.The emission standards are improved as well.Previous city was Euro 3 compliant,but the new city is Euro 4 compliant.which means that your car is enviornment friendly.The only thing which you need to be concered about is the interior,which feels abit cramped campared to the previous City,but there is a reason to it.In the pervious city.the hood and the trunk had only a small portion of the exterior length covered,and the cabin was much bigger,which gave nice interior space,but from outside,the car looked ugly to some eyes.To correct this ugliness,the car was redesigned with increased hood and trunk length from outside,this made it look much better but the drawback was the lesser interior space.The second thing was the missing silver portions on the interior bits and panels of the Pakistani City.The interior would have felt lively only if some spots of it would have been in silver color.But you have alot other advantages,like 15" rims,ABS as standard,vtec engine,details of fuel milage on a special screen in the speedometer,huge boot and many other small things. In a nutshel,the new Honda City is much more refined comparitively to the previous one.The basic things which matter alot have been improved like the engine and the exterior design.The ride of the car is also improved,thanks to the small changes in the suspension.All in all,its still a great package if you see it the value-for-money way in Pakistani market atleast.

Honda City Fan Club - 20012009 28429 17y pakwheels28com291 n1a pakwheels28com29 W8V PakWheels28com29

Fuel Consumption:- The 2005 face-lifted Honda City i-DSI achieved an impressive 26.2km per liter of fuel consumption during a challenge in June 2007. The challenge requires the vehicle to be occupied by 4 persons (including the driver), air conditioning being switched on and a load of luggage. The whole route stretched more than 660km that consists of not only highway driving but also hill climbing. ==================================== Source:-My self mostly,wikipedia and Honda atlas.

In Short:- In short,according to me,all this proves that Honda City has been a great car for a family to have at all times for more than a decade now.It has proven its self to be a complete car one would need at a price tag it is available for.An im one of the thousands of satisfied owners of it for the past one year. Now all we need are your comments and thoughts upon this small wonder.And also do make sure you post some pix of your own city if you have,of any model.Please feel free to express your feelings about this car.

Maintainence schedule:-

There have been a lot of queries regarding the maintainence shedule of Honda City. To help find members and guests find this information easily and quickly, i am writing the complete maintainence shedule which i have been following for the past 5 years for my car (180,000kms).Cost of completing the job may/may not be stated. Some of it may not be the same as that in maintainence book provided by Honda people. In that case, i ll state the reason of the difference.Here goes.

Oils:-
    Havoline formula 10W30 (3.7ltr) and oil filter change @ 3000kms. Cost 1900rs

Transmission oil (Manual transmission) 2 ltr @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original oil 1980rs (2ltr)
    Good quality Zic/ micking oil 800rs (2ltr)

Transmission oil ( Automatic transmission) 2lre @ 35,000kms
    Honda CVT oil ONLY (3.2-3.4L.) 1980rs

Brake oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if padel feels very soft n goes wayy down.
    Honda original oil

Clutch operation oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if you it shows signs of trouble

Parts change:-

Brake pads change:-
    recommended @ 30,000kms
    Can use any good quality pads. (labour 400rs for 4 wheels plus pads, from 500rs to 2500rs)

Fuel filter change @ 40,000kms (IF driven on petrol)

Air filter change @ 10,000kms Original Honda filter is best.Good quality guard filter is good too.
    980rs for OEM, 350rs for Guard filter.

Spark plugs @ 20,000kms Original Honda plugs (8 plugs for idsi. 4 for steermatic, new city ivtec and before-2003 model City)

Timing belt. Not required. From 2003 onwards, all honda Citys have timing chains instead of belts.They usually last a life time.

Tune-ups :-

Throttle body service @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs
    Tappets adjustment / valve clearence @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs

Brake adjustment front not required after pads change. rear @ 30,000kms (or when front pads changed)

Expected Life of Some parts:-

Brake pads 35,000kms if driven aggressively ( cost already mentioned)
    Clutch plate 110,000kms if driven aggressively ( around 2000rs labour and 6000rs for clutch+pressure plate)
    Clutch bearing 150,000kms (So change with clutch plate) (800rs)
    Tuneups can be delayed to 30,000kms IF the car is run in clean enviornment like in Islamabad etc (less dust)
    Engine oil change can be delays to 5,000kms but not good in long run.

Service Manual Honda City ids-i 2003-2008:-
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/CED54F8B8FB00360

Tip for keeping automatic transmission (Vario and steermatic) healthy on CNG:-
    Change engine oil at 3,000kms MAX.
    Tranny oil at 30,000kms
    Tune up (throttle and valve clearence) at 20,000kms
    Do NOT ignore idleing problems. Rough idleing means jerks to transmission and thats what kills it on CNG.
    Keep air filter clean and change at 10,000kms max.

Instrument cluster cleaning DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...ening-cleaning
    Console box opening and spray painting DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...-respray-diy-1
    A/c service, the easy way
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...ck-c-service-1
    Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...g-kallar-kahar
    2nd Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...ar-23-dec-12-a

Thats all for now.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    last week when i opened up my distributor and took it to my mechanic for O ring change, whose workshop happens to be near my home he was telling if you messed up with this thing will cost you 4000-5000 to replace it , from that i think 3500 seems to be on high side, he replaced that round fork sorta thing on end of rotor shaft? what was final tightness of it over the shaft, was there some free play in it after putting in the lock pin or it was snug fit?

if the pads were black looking it was metal, the non metalic leather type are just same as rear brake leather, and let pads settle and they will end stinking and when they wear off to the stage where they can find room to rattle, sure they will will check wit my mechanic about the shims and let you know.

honda manual says PS should be of honey color and i took out used mobil oil form my system
    I think it fitted pretty well the new distributor looked good.

About the pads yes i do have a feeling that they will start rattling buts lets see. Its atleast quite for now. If u cus find the shims it wid b a great help.

Lol my ps fluid color is far from honey ill flush it again in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fahad
    i'' ask my mechanic for shims in couple of days time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi there
    first of all belated eid mubarik to all my friends here
    secondly just wanted to share the experience of my car over the second day of eid when i decided to have fun a lil bit and roam around with family. well basically i went and pickd up another family, a senior of mine and we decided to go to murree for a drive and lunch and then to be back by evening. but right after rawal dam there was there HUGE traffic jam so i decided to turn around cause there seemed no chanve that i wud make it to murree. so we decided to go to Salt Mines (Kheora) after Kallar Kahar. so got on the motorway, exited the Kalar Kahar interchange but the moment i turned onto the road leading to Salt mines, the car started rattling like hell. i KNOW the road isnt the best out there but despite i having Yokohama Advan dbs in 185 65 15, which are supposed to be soft tyres, there was just no way that i could cross maybe 40 km per hour speed. so i decided to turn back again as the route till salt mines would have taken me maybe two hours more according to that speed. and to be honest, i was HIGHLY disapointed and now am SERIOUSLY thinking of switching to a corolla. i have 2012 model city which i just got on first on june. i know its very very rare that one visits such places, but when one HAS to, this car wont take u there. its for sure. the only positive thing was that the AC was superb and the drive on motorway was utter fun. with 4 adults and 2 kids on board and AC on, i tried to check the top speed of the car but had to slow down after 175 when my co driver was too scared to let me go further. the car was wonderfully stable even at that speed. so eventually i came back to islamabad and tried to go to Pir suhawa for dinner but again that road was blocked so ended up having food from F 10 markaz

now...a problem with my car. a month back i went to Pir suhawa for Aftar dinner and as i was getting late i really pushed the car up the hike and even till islamabd (i live in pindi). what i noticed was that from the right fron side of the engine bay, ther was a sound like kkkkhhrrrrrr kkhhrrrrr coming even if i wasnt pushing the car. the sound remained there till pir suhawa but as it was on my mind, i got up after aftari in the dinner break and had a test run of the car ahead of pir suhawa but there was nothing. Same thing happened again day before yesterday when i went on that crazy trip. when i pushed the car on main islamabad express, the same sound started coming again and vanished after a while. what can be the reason ? the sound is just like a combination of like boiling water AND something stuck under the car engine bay and being dragged along on the road (i repeat..a COMBINATION of SOMETHING like that) ....like something hard being scratched against something. anyone else ever experienced this before ? suggestions please.. and wat abt this depressing idea of not being able to take this car ANYWHERE except on GT road maybe and motorway.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My reviews on the 2012 city.

Man this Generation City has a very hard suspension and i though the 2006 city had a hard suspension.
    On road the car is fine but on bumps and breakers you really feel the bumps in your ****.
    But otherwise its a great car.Very good pick can easily cross 150.Interior is also good and so is the driving position.Most disappointing thing is that Honda Atlas has tried to save money on very small parts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump for my query, the one before last message

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the boiling water sound is probably petrol dancing around in its plastic tank, i cant think of any explanation for the grinding sound

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    hi there
    secondly just wanted to share the experience of my car over the second day of eid when i decided to have fun a lil bit and roam around with family. well basically i went and pickd up another family, a senior of mine and we decided to go to murree for a drive and lunch and then to be back by evening. but right after rawal dam there was there HUGE traffic jam so i decided to turn around cause there seemed no chanve that i wud make it to murree. so we decided to go to Salt Mines (Kheora) after Kallar Kahar. so got on the motorway, exited the Kalar Kahar interchange but the moment i turned onto the road leading to Salt mines, the car started rattling like hell. i KNOW the road isnt the best out there but despite i having Yokohama Advan dbs in 185 65 15, which are supposed to be soft tyres, there was just no way that i could cross maybe 40 km per hour speed. so i decided to turn back again as the route till salt mines would have taken me maybe two hours more according to that speed. and to be honest, i was HIGHLY disapointed and now am SERIOUSLY thinking of switching to a corolla. i have 2012 model city which i just got on first on june. i know its very very rare that one visits such places, but when one HAS to, this car wont take u there. its for sure. the only positive thing was that the AC was superb and the drive on motorway was utter fun. with 4 adults and 2 kids on board and AC on, i tried to check the top speed of the car but had to slow down after 175 when my co driver was too scared to let me go further. the car was wonderfully stable even at that speed. so eventually i came back to islamabad and tried to go to Pir suhawa for dinner but again that road was blocked so ended up having food from F 10 markaz

now...a problem with my car. a month back i went to Pir suhawa for Aftar dinner and as i was getting late i really pushed the car up the hike and even till islamabd (i live in pindi). what i noticed was that from the right fron side of the engine bay, ther was a sound like kkkkhhrrrrrr kkhhrrrrr coming even if i wasnt pushing the car. the sound remained there till pir suhawa but as it was on my mind, i got up after aftari in the dinner break and had a test run of the car ahead of pir suhawa but there was nothing. Same thing happened again day before yesterday when i went on that crazy trip. when i pushed the car on main islamabad express, the same sound started coming again and vanished after a while. what can be the reason ? the sound is just like a combination of like boiling water AND something stuck under the car engine bay and being dragged along on the road (i repeat..a COMBINATION of SOMETHING like that) ....like something hard being scratched against something. anyone else ever experienced this before ? suggestions please.. and wat abt this depressing idea of not being able to take this car ANYWHERE except on GT road maybe and motorway.
    Eid mubarik to u you too brother. hope u had a gud one other then the bad road trip experience

well, coming to ur problem. i have no idea wats wrong with ur car! very recently, on 26th ramzan i guess, i went to a friend's village on his 2010 city with 52,000kms. we had to drive on very bad roads. at times, there was no road at all, just gravel or mud. we left back for sargodha at 6pm (1hr till aftari) so my friend said drive as fast as u can, so i did more then normal speeds on those bad roads but no issues at all. YES, the suspension is hard (thought i like to put it in a different way, its more predictable and stable) but there was NO rattle any sort of sound watsoever from any part or side of the car. i ve also driven a 2 other nwe citys on similar roads and no issue with them too. the point is, this is NOT normal. if u car is having such issues, there is something wrong with it, which u shud get checked asap. the khhrrkhrrr can be knocking too.
    im in a bit of hurry at this time so cant write more but i'd strongly recommend u to get it checked asap...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waleed80, bro, ur query has already been answered by our kaptaan sb, so sharing just my experience with the new 2012.

Bhai, I am strongly of the opinion k there is something wrong with the car, I mean I have driven my city for more than 800kms on a broken road that leads to my village, ahmad bhai has been there once.

yes the car makes u feel ur riding some stiff bones but NOT the way u mentioned. I could easily drive and steer above a totally unfinished road (white rock aka rora and khakaa), commonly used to form the base of a road before its paved or carpeted.

es the corolla feels utterly different. its softer, more comfy but not as grippy and responsive as the city at all. I mean I can rely on my city to push me out of a very thin overtaking space but not on the corolla, NEVER.

I suggest u get it checked for wobbles, may be the wheel allignment is out. or may be ur wheels are loose (not likely though).

as for the sound, check if the tyre is rubbing ur fender shield from above. What the car does actually is it sits hard on the road when u speed. As it lowers, the tyre is likely to touch the fender shield.

It happened once on mine, the tyre dragged the fender shield from above, but the road was not motorway and the speed was no less than 150kph.What I caught was a small "gihss gihss" sound at speed, and at low speeds, where the road was a bit bumpy. But the rub wasn't much, I simply rubbed the shield with a rough cloth and the marks were gone.Other than that, I have NO clues whats wrong my friend.

and oh, I am using advan dBs in 195/65/R15. work THE BEST for me.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    the boiling water sound is probably petrol dancing around in its plastic tank, i cant think of any explanation for the grinding sound
    no bro. it cant be, and its not. petrol sound comes from the rear, IF it ever comes, which doesnt. this comes from the engine bay for sure, it can even be heard by a bystander. the only problem is that it does NOT come when the car is standing still, so in order to listen to it, the car has to be driven. so its difficult to assess it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    YES, the suspension is hard (thought i like to put it in a different way, its more predictable and stable) but there was NO rattle any sort of sound watsoever from any part or side of the car. i ve also driven a 2 other nwe citys on similar roads and no issue with them too. the point is, this is NOT normal. if u car is having such issues, there is something wrong with it, which u shud get checked asap. the khhrrkhrrr can be knocking too.
    no no no no bro...u got it all wrong i dont mean to say that the car was RATTLING or something. the car is extremely solid with absolutely no loose sound from nywhere. my point was just that the suspension is way too stiff to be driven on rrough roads. YES i could have driven like hell on that bad road as well but it is r a p e to the car i guess, and i couldnt do that. so i returned. and no bro, khrr khrr sound is NOT knocking. bhai itna thora bohot to humein bhee pata hee hey. been almost 17 years i am driving

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    yes the car makes u feel ur riding some stiff bones ................. I suggest u get it checked for wobbles, may be the wheel allignment is out. or may be ur wheels are loose (not likely though).

as for the sound, check if the tyre is rubbing ur fender shield from above. What the car does actually is it sits hard on the road when u speed. As it lowers, the tyre is likely to touch the fender shield.

It happened once on mine, the tyre dragged the fender shield from above, but the road was not motorway and the speed was no less than 150kph.What I caught was a small "gihss gihss" sound at speed, and at low speeds, where the road was a bit bumpy. But the rub wasn't much, I simply rubbed the shield with a rough cloth and the marks were gone.Other than that, I have NO clues whats wrong my friend.

and oh, I am using advan dBs in 195/65/R15. work THE BEST for me.
    yes thats wat i m talking abt too bro. its just that the ride was too stiff and i couldnt bear the jerks being felt to me,and obviously to the car as well, thats why i returned. and no there is no wobble or anything . car is extremely stabe. told u, i almost hit 180 km/hr mark on the way back on the motorway and the car was super stable. and not at all the sound is the case of the fender being touched or the engine shield. i got them all checked already. i guess the only solution left now is to go to Honda guys, make one of their mechanic sit with me and drive the HELL out of the car until the car starts making the sound again and then tell him to get down and walk beside the car and tell me what it is

@all
    its not that i hate the car or something or the car is giving me troubles. i just wanted to say that as compared to a corolla, or lets say even my platz, the car is extremely hard and not "suited" for rough roads. other than that, there was no rattling or loose sound or anything. car is in perfect shape and i really really REALLY take good care of it. i m just concerned abt the sound that it ONLY comes when the car is drivne very very hard, and vanishes after a while

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mods

Ahmed Bilal got married, Please close the thread
    O paa jee... Bari media coverage hygi a toadi, is khabar ka tou mujhy bhi nai pata chala abhi tak

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O paa jee... Bari media coverage hygi a toadi, is khabar ka tou mujhy bhi nai pata chala abhi tak
    kaaptaan ji tension nahi lene ka, aaj shaam ko around 8'Oclock mere bhi shaadi hove hai aur muhee bhi nahi pata tha, hamary jaison k saath hota hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no no no no bro...u got it all wrong i dont mean to say that the car was RATTLING or something. the car is extremely solid with absolutely no loose sound from nywhere. my point was just that the suspension is way too stiff to be driven on rrough roads. YES i could have driven like hell on that bad road as well but it is r a p e to the car i guess, and i couldnt do that. so i returned. and no bro, khrr khrr sound is NOT knocking. bhai itna thora bohot to humein bhee pata hee hey. been almost 17 years i am driving

Ok... rattling re-defined well then certainly theres nothing wrong with ur car. and i dont think driving on bad roads wud rape the car so easily, specially if u drive slowly. the distance b/w m2 interchange n khewra is 20kms i guess, u cud ve done it in 30min easily anyways, i get ur point. not much can be done to fix it but its not a PROBLEM at all. u are just not used to hard suspension yet.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kaaptaan ji tension nahi lene ka, aaj shaam ko around 8'Oclock mere bhi shaadi hove hai aur muhee bhi nahi pata tha, hamary jaison k saath hota hai
    ohoooo.... Paa jee boht boht mubarik ho... apko kam az kam pata tou chal gya na thread ty mithae ty wand dyo sir jee

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    @waleed80, bro, ur query has already been answered by our kaptaan sb, so sharing just my experience with the new 2012.

Bhai, I am strongly of the opinion k there is something wrong with the car, I mean I have driven my city for more than 800kms on a broken road that leads to my village, ahmad bhai has been there once.
    Ufff... kia yaad kara dia yaaaaaarrr.... brand new suspension this gari ki os waqt or os road ny mera dimagh ghuma dia tha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys how is Dunlop Digi Tyre ECO for new City 2012???
    For swift and gutsy response use CIVIC!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi there

Waleed Bhai....Ek baat Batao...." i KNOW the road isnt the best out there but despite i having Yokohama Advan dbs in 185 65 15, which are supposed to be soft tyres, there was just no way that i could cross maybe 40 km per hour speed" sir Jee...that Road isnt the best its the WORST. i went there in my Cuore and came back with a back ache...and i was sitting in the back. aap tau drive kar rahay thay...and the car coped well if u didnt come back with an damage to the body parts.

My Point is. yes, i am not an expert on the City simply because my car is yet to be delivered, by i have driven about 4 citys in the last 2 years and where the suspension is hard, its predictable, like RollOnBigMama said "es the corolla feels utterly different. its softer, more comfy but not as grippy and responsive as the city at all. I mean I can rely on my city to push me out of a very thin overtaking space but not on the corolla, NEVER" thats the price you unfortunately pay for precision driving. Khair, one more thing, why do you think City is favoured more than Corolla in citys?...well apart from the Obvious LOOKS factor, its suspension is softer and people going to villages often choose Corolla, although frankly speaking the seats of the new Altis 1.6 are Rock Hard even if the suspension is Softer.
    Waiting to be "Aspired".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

.....i KNOW the road isnt the best out there but despite i having Yokohama Advan dbs in 185 65 15, which are supposed to be soft tyres, there was just no way that i could cross maybe 40 km per hour speed. so i decided to turn back again as the route till salt mines would have taken me maybe two hours more according to that speed. and to be honest, i was HIGHLY disapointed and now am SERIOUSLY thinking of switching to a corolla.....
    There is a reason its called "City"

About your plans of switching to Corolla; I will not recommend it as personally I went to this path. You go to such roads once in a moon; and its manageable; all you have to show is little patience. But bearing GLi's "phossar" drive all month long is simply unbearable; especially after keeping City iVTEC I sold GLi after couple of weeks and then got stuck; couldnt go back to City. Had to add even more for Civic

No comments on continuous detoriating build qualities of PKDM cars ; I liked my 09 City; it even didnt had any knocking issues that many people have reported in 09/10 cities that gets fixed by some ECU reprogramming thing, may be I was lucky Its with our family friends now, though he has installed CNG in it but its still going strong (I see it almost daily); my cousin bought one in late 2011 and had to face few build quality issues but things got fixed under warranty.

Ok... rattling re-defined well then certainly theres nothing wrong with ur car. and i dont think driving on bad roads wud rape the car so easily, specially if u drive slowly. the distance b/w m2 interchange n khewra is 20kms i guess, u cud ve done it in 30min easily anyways, i get ur point. not much can be done to fix it but its not a PROBLEM at all. u are just not used to hard suspension yet.
    +1; I took my City to many odd places; once it bonnet nut got loose; nothing serious.

Honda City Fan Club -1030692
    A day before it departed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roon3r View Post
    ....people going to villages often choose Corolla, although frankly speaking the seats of the new Altis 1.6 are Rock Hard even if the suspension is Softer.
    +1; whenever I drive dad's Altis on long route; I get backache and leg cramps; City / Civic's driving postures and leg rooms are much better.
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mubarakan changaiz khan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ohoooo.... Paa jee boht boht mubarik ho... apko kam az kam pata tou chal gya na thread ty mithae ty wand dyo sir jee
    khair mubarak kaaptaan ji, oo yara wattay sattay ki shaadi hai, pehle aam fir mithai waise kinoo se bhi kaam chale ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    mubarakan changaiz khan

khair mubarkaan, aee inni vari ho chukia hai k hun ess gal chai v maza nahi rehia

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List