95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Fan Club

(Maintainence schedule added at the end)

Hi guys..!!! I thought we should have a Fan club for honda city.Theres already a fourm for City but thats dedicated to city steermatic only.in this club,we shall hav steermatic,idsi,cvt nd all models of city and all their variants. Well the history of this car is somewhat like this...

First generation (1997-2000) On january 22nd 1997,the first Honda City was launched as a sedan.The city was always made for families and not for racing or sports.Thats why they were always equiped with the latest or sometimes firsts in the market.The interior was always very comforting and the seating position is also very comfortable.It had the options of power windows,and side view mirrors for the top model though they were not there in the base model.Power steeing,front seatbelts,digital clock,AC was available in the basic model too.One the outside,it was very elegantly designed.Beautiful,handsome and decent.Under the hood,it had a 1300cc 16valve SOHC engine ,and was the first car to have 16-valve in 1300cc category.

Second generation (2000-2003) On January 20th 2000, Honda replaced the original City of 1997 with an update.This model of city had the basic shape of its predecessor.but with new crystal head lamps at the front,power side view mirrors and a chrome lining around the rear numberplate garnish.It was the first car in pakistan to have rear crystal headlights.It had two varients. Exi and Exi-s.The Exi had manual windows and side view mirrors,body colored licence plate garnish(not chromed), semi-fabric seat covers, 165/13 tyres,black door mirrors and no high mount stop lamp.But the Exi-s had all these things in it.The outside looked more gracefull with crystal lights and some new lines on the exterior.The engine in both of them were same.But this one had Programed fuel injection(PGM-Fi).There was optional 4-speed automatic transmission available. The engine engine's maximum horse power=90/6400 and maximum torque =11.5/4700 This model was produced until 2003

Honda City Fan Club -536755

Honda City Fan Club -536756

Third generation (2003-2005) On 23rd August 2003, the third-generation Honda City was launched which had a totally new shape.It was a very stylish and aerodynamic shape introduced in pakistan for the first time.It also was the first car to introduce i-dsi (intelligence-dual and sequential ignation) and CVT (continuously variable transmission) in Pakistan.It had an engine which is higly fuel economic and was build specially for better fuel economy.This car was equipped with power windows(pinch free) , power side view mirrors, tilt adjustable steering column and yet another first,the EPS or electriconic power steering.it made the steering very very soft to turn and also it had no oil used in it so it had no maintanence required.Other featrure of this car is that its the first Euro 3 comliant car in pakistan,that means that its very low on harmful emmisions.The EURO 3 emission standard are applicable in Europe from the year 2000, they are considered to be amongst the most strict standards worldwide. The standard limits emissions to 2.1 g/kWh CO, 0.66 g/kWh HC, 5.0 g/kWh NOx, 0.1 g/kWh particles. Another striking feature is, the boot space(400ltrs).it was bigger then any local car availabe at that time.This car was basically meant for families.it had two glove compartments,a big boot,empty space under the rear seats, four glass holders,and also, a smal space provided in the two front doors.And guess what? All of these options were available in the basic version.This city was divided on just the basis of the drive-train.One was manual,and other was automatic. On the outside,this car was designed very sophisticatedly,it looked smaller than other cars in size from outside but is alot more spacious inside.the body design was an immediate hit among fans and poeple who knew somthing about this type of things.Even the side view mirrors are designed to cut through air.

Honda City Fan Club -536757

Fourth generation (2005-present) In september 2005,the fourth generation City was released.It was basically a face-lifted version on the previous model.it is known as the City ZX in Thailand, India, the New City in Malaysia and City in Pakistan.The most significant changes are a new exterior (new front grille, new headlamps, new fog lights, newtaillights and bumpers). The front end has been extended forward by 65 mm (2.6 in) while the rear has been extended by 15 mm (0.6 in). The VTEC trim have 15 inch alloy wheels as standard equipment. Interior changes are minor but it does include an armrest for the driver.The rest remains almost same as in the previous model. The engine remains the same but the intake manifold has been modified, resulting a 10% temperature drop in the intake air temperature (IAT), the suspension has been upgraded as well. Honda City in Pakistan are using CVT gearbox for both i-DSI and VTEC variants. The CVT-VTEC 1.5L gearbox is equipped with a Simulated 7-Speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) using paddle shift buttons. This is very rare for a subcompact of its class.This VTEC variant was called City-steermatic.

Honda City Fan Club -214737

Steermatic:- The steermatic is basicaly a name of a technology used in the city VTEC 1.5L model.this model had a different engine than the idsi.it had a 1.5L engine with an auto transmission.this was not any other auto transmission.its is steermatic,means that you can change gears just by push of a button on the steering wheel.this is basically used in F1 racing.It has 2 options,either you drive on fully automated CVT option,or you select a virtual manual transmission.For this,you would change the gears when you want with a push of a button.This model also have an opitiron meter and also stock imported 15" alloy rims with bridgestone Potenza tyres. This technology is very sophisticated and advanced,which,sadly was'nt accepted by the buyers in Pakistan because they simply could not understand it and hence,this particular model of city was discontined.

I-dsi:- I-dsi stands for Intelligence-dual and sequential ignation.In this type of engine,two spark plugs are employed for each cylinder.That makes 8 spark plugs instead of 4 plugs used by most cars.Adding of an additional plug assures complete burning and utilizing the last drop of fuel thrown into the cylinders which would provide you the best performace and better fuel consumption.Not all the times the 8 plugs are working,but when u push your car through high revs or speeds,all of them work simeltaneously and thats when ypu can feel the difference.But theres one drawback in it,this engine is equiped with 8 valves not 16.Hence it decreased the performance and city seems to be out of breath after 5000RPMs,but as this is basically a family car,performance is not the priority.The best thing about this was the fuel economy,about which,you can read the paragraph below.

Fifth generation (2009 onwards) On 31th january 2009,the fifth generation of the honda City was launched in Pakistan.Which was an immediate hit among the fans.The previous Honda City was criticised due to its shape,but this time the best thing was the shape,which is even more aerodynamic then the previous one and also resembles the big Honda brothers,Civic and Accord.The best thing about the exterior of this City is the front view of the car.The wide,sleek and elegently designed radiator grill gives a refreashing look to the car.The dimesions of the car are almost similar to those of the older model.The sharp lines on the hood gives the city some attitude on the road.The boot space is increased about 25%,from 400ltrs to 506ltrs.But the good news doesnt end there,under the hood,There is a fairly powerful 1.3L SOHC VTEC engine.which produces a healthy 100bhp,enough for a 1.3L car.But dont think that you would have to lose something on the fuel economy side to get this sort of power.The fuel economy is actually improved.Some indian car expert magzines gave the figures of 22km/ltr for the auto transmission,which is the best in its class.The emission standards are improved as well.Previous city was Euro 3 compliant,but the new city is Euro 4 compliant.which means that your car is enviornment friendly.The only thing which you need to be concered about is the interior,which feels abit cramped campared to the previous City,but there is a reason to it.In the pervious city.the hood and the trunk had only a small portion of the exterior length covered,and the cabin was much bigger,which gave nice interior space,but from outside,the car looked ugly to some eyes.To correct this ugliness,the car was redesigned with increased hood and trunk length from outside,this made it look much better but the drawback was the lesser interior space.The second thing was the missing silver portions on the interior bits and panels of the Pakistani City.The interior would have felt lively only if some spots of it would have been in silver color.But you have alot other advantages,like 15" rims,ABS as standard,vtec engine,details of fuel milage on a special screen in the speedometer,huge boot and many other small things. In a nutshel,the new Honda City is much more refined comparitively to the previous one.The basic things which matter alot have been improved like the engine and the exterior design.The ride of the car is also improved,thanks to the small changes in the suspension.All in all,its still a great package if you see it the value-for-money way in Pakistani market atleast.

Honda City Fan Club - 20012009 28429 17y pakwheels28com291 n1a pakwheels28com29 W8V PakWheels28com29

Fuel Consumption:- The 2005 face-lifted Honda City i-DSI achieved an impressive 26.2km per liter of fuel consumption during a challenge in June 2007. The challenge requires the vehicle to be occupied by 4 persons (including the driver), air conditioning being switched on and a load of luggage. The whole route stretched more than 660km that consists of not only highway driving but also hill climbing. ==================================== Source:-My self mostly,wikipedia and Honda atlas.

In Short:- In short,according to me,all this proves that Honda City has been a great car for a family to have at all times for more than a decade now.It has proven its self to be a complete car one would need at a price tag it is available for.An im one of the thousands of satisfied owners of it for the past one year. Now all we need are your comments and thoughts upon this small wonder.And also do make sure you post some pix of your own city if you have,of any model.Please feel free to express your feelings about this car.

Maintainence schedule:-

There have been a lot of queries regarding the maintainence shedule of Honda City. To help find members and guests find this information easily and quickly, i am writing the complete maintainence shedule which i have been following for the past 5 years for my car (180,000kms).Cost of completing the job may/may not be stated. Some of it may not be the same as that in maintainence book provided by Honda people. In that case, i ll state the reason of the difference.Here goes.

Oils:-
    Havoline formula 10W30 (3.7ltr) and oil filter change @ 3000kms. Cost 1900rs

Transmission oil (Manual transmission) 2 ltr @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original oil 1980rs (2ltr)
    Good quality Zic/ micking oil 800rs (2ltr)

Transmission oil ( Automatic transmission) 2lre @ 35,000kms
    Honda CVT oil ONLY (3.2-3.4L.) 1980rs

Brake oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if padel feels very soft n goes wayy down.
    Honda original oil

Clutch operation oil
    Keep it topped up and change only if you it shows signs of trouble

Parts change:-

Brake pads change:-
    recommended @ 30,000kms
    Can use any good quality pads. (labour 400rs for 4 wheels plus pads, from 500rs to 2500rs)

Fuel filter change @ 40,000kms (IF driven on petrol)

Air filter change @ 10,000kms Original Honda filter is best.Good quality guard filter is good too.
    980rs for OEM, 350rs for Guard filter.

Spark plugs @ 20,000kms Original Honda plugs (8 plugs for idsi. 4 for steermatic, new city ivtec and before-2003 model City)

Timing belt. Not required. From 2003 onwards, all honda Citys have timing chains instead of belts.They usually last a life time.

Tune-ups :-

Throttle body service @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs
    Tappets adjustment / valve clearence @ 20,000kms Cost around 500rs

Brake adjustment front not required after pads change. rear @ 30,000kms (or when front pads changed)

Expected Life of Some parts:-

Brake pads 35,000kms if driven aggressively ( cost already mentioned)
    Clutch plate 110,000kms if driven aggressively ( around 2000rs labour and 6000rs for clutch+pressure plate)
    Clutch bearing 150,000kms (So change with clutch plate) (800rs)
    Tuneups can be delayed to 30,000kms IF the car is run in clean enviornment like in Islamabad etc (less dust)
    Engine oil change can be delays to 5,000kms but not good in long run.

Service Manual Honda City ids-i 2003-2008:-
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/CED54F8B8FB00360

Tip for keeping automatic transmission (Vario and steermatic) healthy on CNG:-
    Change engine oil at 3,000kms MAX.
    Tranny oil at 30,000kms
    Tune up (throttle and valve clearence) at 20,000kms
    Do NOT ignore idleing problems. Rough idleing means jerks to transmission and thats what kills it on CNG.
    Keep air filter clean and change at 10,000kms max.

Instrument cluster cleaning DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...ening-cleaning
    Console box opening and spray painting DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...-respray-diy-1
    A/c service, the easy way
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/air...ck-c-service-1
    Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...g-kallar-kahar
    2nd Honda City GTG at kallar kahar
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...ar-23-dec-12-a

Thats all for now.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahidims View Post
    Hi everyone. specillay i would like ahmedbila to comment on this.

Yesterday, i came accross a problem with steering that somehow disappointed me a bit with Honda Pakistan. I parked my car in perfectly ok condition. after an hour when i started driving it again, turning steering started giving noise. sound is like if two steel plates are rubbing against each other.

i went to nearby mechanic, he said its probably because of the drying up of the internal part of steering. it was like a shock. its only 3 months back i have bought it. how is it possible. anyways, the mechanic opened the upper part of the steering (really repent now for not taking pics) and applied greece on the part beneath it. the sound has reduced a bit but its still there. I am worried about it. the mechanic said it will get ok in a couple of days when greece lubricates the steering shaft fully. but the sound is still there while turning the steering. comment plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by my666 View Post
    @shahidims

nothing to worry abt same thing happend to me..it will go away in a couple of days
    +1.. it is a normal occurrence for many 09/10 City owners. It happened to me and left me worried for a few days till it went away by itself.

See following link:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...y2010-steering

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hawkeye
    dont worry about the tyres size in ur car.u have the perfect size which provides grip as well as fuel economy.so dont worry about it.and as for ur 2nd question, im not an expert there so cant really say
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahidims View Post
    Hi everyone. specillay i would like ahmedbila to comment on this.

Yesterday, i came accross a problem with steering that somehow disappointed me a bit with Honda Pakistan. I parked my car in perfectly ok condition. after an hour when i started driving it again, turning steering started giving noise. sound is like if two steel plates are rubbing against each other.

i went to nearby mechanic, he said its probably because of the drying up of the internal part of steering. it was like a shock. its only 3 months back i have bought it. how is it possible. anyways, the mechanic opened the upper part of the steering (really repent now for not taking pics) and applied greece on the part beneath it. the sound has reduced a bit but its still there. I am worried about it. the mechanic said it will get ok in a couple of days when greece lubricates the steering shaft fully. but the sound is still there while turning the steering. comment plz.
    although its a design flaw, but its nothing to worry about. actually theres a metal stick type of thing which is always rubbing around a path on the steering wheel, the purpose of it is to keep the current circulating for horn.this somehow gets dry and produces sound. nothing to worry about here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(i posted this comment in the other thread of steering issue and im not posting it here to help the future visitors if they have this problem)

guys there is absolutely no need to panic on this.i hope u ve already figured it out but if not, let me explain.

you all know that steering wheel needs a constant supply of electric current to keep the horn alive.but u also know that steering wheel always remains in circular motion so no solid connections can be made with to to provide current.thats why they connect the steering piece with the steering coulmn ( for electric current) with a small metal strip which keeps on running on the metallic circular strip of the steering wheel. this way, the steering is always in connection with the electrical circuit for horn even if its being turned.
    i made a pic to illustrate what im talking about here.Honda City Fan Club -184510

now the problem is that somehow the grece which keeps the two rubbing smoothly drys out sumhow, may be they dont use enough of it or may be they dont use it at all.so all u have to do is get it greaced and it ll be gone for ever.nothing to worry about.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh, just noticed, we have more then 1000 comments and 50 pages in this thread now
    Thanks to everyone for making it successful...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone. Ahmedbila, the diagram you mentioned is exactly what it was when mechanic opend it.
    ok so now I hope it will settle down itself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmadbila

i shud get sumthing for the 1000th post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    Thats normal. almost all the fuel guages (atleast the ones in local cars) show just an average figure.if u see how the fuel measuring system works (HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!) , u ll know why is that so. So, all the real time info that u get in ur dashboard screen is average, not accurate. infact i dont believe those figures at all... and the fuel measuring system of new city is even stranger. im not sure but this is what a friend (own of city) told me. we both were in his car, he has cng in it, the fuel guages showed a completely empty tank.i said get some petrol, he said i ve got half tank in it, atleast. he said that city has some sensor in the fuel pipe, it calculates how much fuel is poured in when u get a refill (at refills, his needle DOES show the petrol, but not after that) and it lifts the needle according to that.
    after that, it drops the needle NOT by measuring the remaining fuel in the tank BUT by the fuel consumption being shown on the screen. (thats y his needle showed zero fuel cuz it wasnt buring any petrol). now, i dont know if this is gud or bad, but i think this wudnt be accurate, but let me say im not sure here.

as for ur other question of RPM, once again, the same guy as above told me that when parked or in neutral, the ivtec engine wont rev more then 4500rpm.it has a limiter in it to keep the engine frm getting useless strain by high revving for no gud reasons.it basically cuts fuel supply to engine when touched 4500. it only revs complete when being driven. now this system, may be annoying for a few people but i wud say its great, why do u need to rev that much in neutral after all?

i guess ur confusions r cleared now. if not , im sure experts wud be around here soon
    Thanx man. That explained a lot. I never knew about the limiter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by my666 View Post
    @ahmadbila

i shud get sumthing for the 1000th post
    okay... how about this... shud we gift u this supercharger for idsi engine?

hHonda City Fan Club -184996

@Rollonbigmama
    Yes, this can be fitted to an 8 valve idsi too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xaryab
    ur welcomed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best car of pakistan far better then gli

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi experts,

Salaam u all! plz quote the price range to buy manual city 2007-2008 model car in islamabad / rawalpindi market. At present jan 2011, the sellers are posting / demanding very high prices. Are they justifiable. Plz comments on urgent.
    Any one selling their city 2007-2008 may please send their final demand. I am urgently looking to buy it.
    Regards
    <!-- / message -->

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mechengineer504 View Post
    Hi experts,

Salaam u all! plz quote the price range to buy manual city 2007-2008 model car in islamabad / rawalpindi market. At present jan 2011, the sellers are posting / demanding very high prices. Are they justifiable. Plz comments on urgent.
    Any one selling their city 2007-2008 may please send their final demand. I am urgently looking to buy it.
    Regards
    <!-- / message -->
    sir it totally depends on the condition and mileage of the car. u can get a pathetic very high milage 2008 one for just around 8 lakh and even a 2006 well kept low mileage one can be for around 950k... but i wud say an average of 900k to 950k for great 07-08 idsi's with mileage below 60,000kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up City 2007-2008 or civic 2005-2006

Jan 12, 2011

Thanx mr. AhmadBilla for prompt response to my query. Well I'm mechanical engineer by profession and recently in a bid to change my ride from cultus 2003 to city 2007-8. Actually I was reading ur posts on PW on many topics related to price comparison / other technical issues. I'm pleasured to know that this fan club has such a wonderful person like u. So hopeful to have ur nice cooperation in my ride decision making.

I have presently 1 million to 1.1 million (max) budget in my hand right now. I'm in a fix right now to which one should I go? Whether City Steermatic or IDSI manual 2007-8 or CIVIC EXi 2005-6 with sound conditions and low mileage. Certainly I studied a lot on PW and concluded that CIVIC EXi is a little bit expensive to operate because I have avg. 100 Kms per day drive between rawalpindi / islamabd. If I opt for this option (civic exi), then probably my monthly expenditure Bill would be increased as compared to city due to its fuel / cng efficiency. I personally like civic but u know the maintenace cost is also a big factor. That's the reason that I'm searching city. Many people on PW seems to say that city is a rikshaw or slow mover. I need ur comments in this regard also mention the CNG mileage of both cars please. Plz help me in selecting my car in this budget.

Best Regards!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mechengineer504 View Post
    Jan 12, 2011

Thanx mr. AhmadBilla for prompt response to my query. Well I'm mechanical engineer by profession and recently in a bid to change my ride from cultus 2003 to city 2007-8. Actually I was reading ur posts on PW on many topics related to price comparison / other technical issues. I'm pleasured to know that this fan club has such a wonderful person like u. So hopeful to have ur nice cooperation in my ride decision making.

I have presently 1 million to 1.1 million (max) budget in my hand right now. I'm in a fix right now to which one should I go? Whether City Steermatic or IDSI manual 2007-8 or CIVIC EXi 2005-6 with sound conditions and low mileage. Certainly I studied a lot on PW and concluded that CIVIC EXi is a little bit expensive to operate because I have avg. 100 Kms per day drive between rawalpindi / islamabd. If I opt for this option (civic exi), then probably my monthly expenditure Bill would be increased as compared to city due to its fuel / cng efficiency. I personally like civic but u know the maintenace cost is also a big factor. That's the reason that I'm searching city. Many people on PW seems to say that city is a rikshaw or slow mover. I need ur comments in this regard also mention the CNG mileage of both cars please. Plz help me in selecting my car in this budget.

Best Regards!

Sr thank you very much for ur kind words. Pakwheels is the place where i learned all this thats why im always here to assist other respected members.

Getting back to ur question. There are 2 basic things that i consider are important for u to take decision

1) The fuel u wud be using, cng or petrol.
    2) Maintainence cost,since u drive 100kms daily (like me)

I guess you certainly wud be driving ur to-be car on cng and wud like to have a low maintainence cost car. the answer is clear. City idsi Manual transmission.if u were to drive on petrol, i wud ve suggested you steermatic as its a GREAT car.and if ur avg. mileage per day wud be lesser, i cud ve suggested u to get a civic too.

Now, getting to Honda city idsi M.T. your budget is more then enough to get u a like-new below 30,000kms done city idsi in great conditions. so, one problem solved.
    as for the people who say its junk,its a rikshaw, its slow movers, they seriously need to get a life.because its NOT. those people who degrade it literally know nothing at all about this car, but we here, in this club, do know.

I am myself owner of an idsi manual 2006.got it brand new back then. to date, it has done 170,300kms without a single issue related to anything.apart from the routiene maintainence, ofcourse. it still gives me 170-180kms/cyl very very easily, i mean doing 120km/h on motorway.for local driving, gives 135-150km/cyl with a/c. wat else can u ask for? petrol avg, last time i checked was 18.125km/ltr on highway. rwp-isb and back route can be called local+highway driving and im sure u ll get atleast 150kms from it if tuned properly on cng.
    Comming to the performance, YES, it certainly is the slowest 1.3l car in pakistan currently.dont take slow as if it wont reach 100km.h in 2 days or so 0-100km/h is around 13.5-14 second,which is around 0.5-1.0 sec slower then the new xli.how much is that? it performs very nicely and like any other 1.3l car wud do but yes if u race it against new city or xli etc, its slower.

but why shud u care about that? you are getting a car which has the smoothest ride of all, Electronic power steering is a blessing (not even new civic has it). engine is very quite and smooth even on cng.mileage is excellent.A.c is great.passenger cabin is larger then last shape xli.boot space is more then new civic or corolla. in short, perfect for anything but racing!

thats what i can say about it right now, if u need to know more, i wud love to reply to ur questions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HI
    can somebody tell that CITY 2004 has ABS or not

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Oh! Thanks bro for nice advice and carefull analysis. Plz keep it up, as we need volunteers like u in this forum.
    Presently searching for manual IDSI 07-08 ---------------.Allah Bless u All!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hawkeye
    no sir none of the previous city had ABS, only the current model has it.
    @mechengineer
    you're welcomed
    and best of luck searching for a gud car, do post pix n ur comments about the car once u get it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE1 View Post
    HI
    can somebody tell that CITY 2004 has ABS or not
    ABS has been introduced in Honda City from 2009 model. Not before that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Becoming part of honda fan club: