Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ** All about the new CITY '09 **

AoA all,
    With the increasing number of threads regarding the new city, i have decided to make one thread so that we can discuss all about the prices / booking details / pictures / specifications at one place.

please cooperate..

we'll miss u...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saadtn1,

so city's price increase is above all and that matters for consumer! which is a layman as well and therefore, things like i-vtec and abs probabaly matters less for him.

& now the question is why honda put i-vtec engine ? to make it a luxury ? i can't reckon! cheap interior, average exterior, very good engine doesn't match very well.
    ..................__ ____|___\___
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)__|___/(O)\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

phew...finally,agreeing on sumthing(F)
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmadbila:

totally agree on your prices for the cars.

as for the 13.1lac justification ... utter nonsense! 1.5L ivtec in india and malaysia even after the conversion costs lower than what we get...and please do not impose the point that if we bring the car here the taxes will make it expensive.

the point is if they can build a better and reasonable car so can we.

shitty 2009 is over priced and if there is 1 reason i would say ... but look at the last pics i posted and tell me if i am
    wrong when i say this:

1. imagine the old city shape with new i-vtec engine and 4 wheel disc brakes with abs+ba+ebd in the same price as today 13.1lacs. that could have been a arguement by atlas honda, but what to do now ???? cheap plastics and crappy old stereo with front 2 speakers and some other good features like no stop lamp and no fog lights and a super cheap fuel lid opener are just pathetic! in 13.1;acs the indian car in 1.3L engine would be justified...that would have cleaned house and could have been said as a great car!!!!

2. as for the xli and gli engines we are getting 7 years old engines which were used in the vitz and platz era , the world advanced to dual vvti and vvtli but we are given newly manufactured old engines.....yes research and laugh there!

3. as for the point on the perfect world, we have manpower and cheap labor along with other goodies which have reduced manufacturing costs globally due to the industrial globalisation....all cars globally have the same manufacturing standards but the main disadvantage is the taxes! hence the car companies are infact looting us! compare all known city 2009 models
    with currency converion and you will see that this new city should be 11.5 lacs and no more but yes more less according to any explanation!

last thing man ... any 1.3L car is better than this thing in features! engine cannot cost that much and neither does human intelligence.....reconsider the thought and evaluate what we want...we need a better cae aka with features a little reasonable in the price it costs!!!!!!!

@lotus:

the mecjanical brake is latest innovation man , even better than the front disc with brake assist and rear brake with abs!!!! Sheesh !!!!!

@lazers:

indian car is the bomb, it is the steermatic replacement! wish we had a 1.3 in that and the same car .....

@adeelhyd:

dream on man ... in 1.5 lacs you will only get auto transmission according to the rules of looterapanna and ghundagardee of atlas and indus motors. the people overhyped the 1.3 city new one and see what we got ... a worthless underdog stripped of all goodies and on a overpriced price!!!!!!!

@saadtn1:

this is a city thread and evryone has a free point of view...the things is that all the prices including the new city are overspeced and hyped and artificially created. if someone says dollar rate and petrol prices are the reason then unfortunately you are 75% misguided. the overloaded taxes of the government and the company of manufacturing are the main reasons! as for the people who are commenting on the worst model city the older model could have been given at the same price with newer engine...think on this point and that in the same 13.1lacs. what are you getting ???

@chinoyoti:

you got that rite ... 13.1Lacs may aachi cars with better features availible hain (Y)

@vazim:

the prices are for the affording and sorry to say this...to make us idiots and fools. the rich and corrupt class is reaping profits on this and we are sitting ducks here....you are right on this that the people who earn halal are facing problems and the haram eaters are in pleasure!!!! totally valid point on incomes (Y) i salute you there !!!!

@innocent devil:

man any 1.3L car is better loaded and priced in its features than this car .... agreed on your point (Y)
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Divide and Conquer!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

** BOYCOTT ALL THE CRAPPY AND OVERPRICED CARS AND JOIN THE BOYCOTTING GANG, for a better and improved Pakistan!! **

There is only Democracy - Demo and Crazy ... what do you want ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmedbila:

that is the point ... we want the price reducion! and the point on the accord is the reason maan!!!

@vazim:

well said man...normal users only want the good old stuff in a better package and better features!

@InNoCeNt_DeViL:

ya that is a bummer there but atleast they cost right! i mean the cars themselves!
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Divide and Conquer!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

** BOYCOTT ALL THE CRAPPY AND OVERPRICED CARS AND JOIN THE BOYCOTTING GANG, for a better and improved Pakistan!! **

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Obsession with Honda has mentally screwed some guys.
    Specially Ahmadbilla. (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnain
    thanx mate(Y).
    but u havnt been spared either...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xtreamracer
    """shitty 2009 is over priced """

101% agreed its overpriced,but name a single car,a single car,a single car in pakistan which isnt overpriced..?? u cant name even 1 i know.so it all r overpriced,so wats wrong if city is too?

1)2ndly i wud say dnt talk about india,thai,jap markets... their sellers n consumers r much more educated n civilized n the market trend r not like we hav here.so the prices of cars r normal there,nd if ppl feel the price of a particular car is going where it shuldnt b,they just back off n dnt buy that car.but we dnt hav this situation here in pakistan.

2)yeah if ur paying 1270k for a 7yrs old tech engine xli widout even powerwindows,they wats wrong wid paying 40k more to get a latest powerfull engine wud abs n brake assist?

3)man tell me one thing honestly? do we pakistanis ever honestly work for the progress of our nation?do we? the answer is a big NO..!!! so who cares if we hav man power n stuff? the companies can see that ppl hav got the money,n they know ppl r willing to pay the price which they ask.so why do they need to improve the quality?its on us now,we shud stop buying new cars now.its enough.the prices shud go back to normal,like they were in 2007 or 06. the best thing to do now is to go for jdm imports(Y)

nd yeah,if an xli is worth 1269k(lets suppose) then the heck wid the one who thinks city isnt worth 1309k.its only 40k rs difference,n ur getting a powerful engine nd abs +ba too.n i bet only the abs wud cost alot more then this 40k rs.n yeah,i agree u arent getting arm rest,fog lamps etc etc,but sstill,abs has more weightage then these things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all :

peace through power !!!! lol !!!!

its against the features and the price ... not the pakwheelers. we against the company and taxes not the people !!! rock on pakwheelers !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vazim

Yaar phir tu Gli aur Xli ki price mei farq nai hoona chahiye!! cuz only major difference is ABS...

plus i-Vtec is a gr8 innovation... Bout the Layman thingi!!! the Honda Marketing Sux in Pakistan!!! they should realize ppl what they r offering through proper advertisement... like watch this ad...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n0gK49s9lUA

by watching the above ad, i'm sure all the educated and non educated ppl will be convinced that this is a good technology!!! i hope u've understand my point now

@xtremeracer

Yaar... ab tu mujhey majboor kar dia hai ke mei yeh boolon!! n im sure ke mods will edit my post :p

there's another huge factor in car prices these days!!! Our very own president... who was elected by US.. .:@
    imagine u r running ur company and u get threats to pay some %age of ur profit .... then what will u do???

no need to explain more

plus ahmadbilla has answered ur question well
    "Value has a value, only if its value is valued"

doc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dam! Look at these essays!!!

At the end it just comes down this : over priced*

just like every other car in Pakistan
    w0i dO p3oPL3 TyP3 L1K3 tH15 , or should i say , Di5?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't really mind city's interior. It makes me feel at home. It makes me feel that "light gayee huyee hai. hur taraf undhaira hai. sub kuch kala hai".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saadtn1:

i agree there man ... i even said that in my essay bro, its cause of government taxes,company prices (75%) and (25%) due to the petrol and dollar prices...i am just trying to create an awareness and boycott this so tat we can get the proper prices which can be justified !!!!!

@doc:

ya bro ... everything is nowadays overpriced ... even the dollar,petrol,etc

@deel_ee:

well said there!!!
    needed 2 tone interior!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

has anyone driven the new city..howz the experince?how are the brakes,road grip and stablilty.?
    In this country you gotta make the money first.then when you get the money you get the power.Then when u get the power you get your girl.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the same way the govt has decided to import sugar to decrease the spiralling costs of sugar, they should import a few JDM citys to lower the costs of these piles of cr@p.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wait till april for your own car LOL!

the dealers here said no car for test drive till end of february and beginning of march!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^mass production starts in feb so i don't expect delivery before march
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@deel_ee

very funny

last nite somebody told me city ON is 1.25lac///

can some one check pls

this is crazy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@born747 yup that is 100 percent true.in some places the own is 1 lakh 50k.
    In this country you gotta make the money first.then when you get the money you get the power.Then when u get the power you get your girl.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Disappointment and nothing else

yeh to official bhee milay tou masla hee hai
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dunoe y, but sumthing tells me the cars wernt ready for the launch, and they launched, them jst to meet the target of being launched in January, as the launch date was 31st,

i had a feeling may be the cars were dummies, but i remember the showroom guy, was moving the car forth, and back, to park it approprietly.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

User Tag List