Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWAP for Civic, experts opinion needed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SWAP for Civic, experts opinion needed!

Guys!

i own a civic 96 vtec. Looking forward to saving up money and going for a 1.8 l DOHC Vtec, i think for starters it will be a good swap. Looking for better acceleration e.t.c u know allthat....POWER!

Now i need to know if anyone out here has got the same engine? what kinda probs they faced after swapping?

What kidna prices should i expect to pay for hte engine and everything alogn with it, will change my transmission from auto to manual as well.

advices, info, anythings appreciated.

thanks a bunch!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Majid is selling his black civic ex 95 with b18+turbo for i guess over 1 million rupees(islamabad) .....
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@upyours
    Yes, definitly a good swap and lot of support out there for it too. I would recommend joining a forum where they talk about B series engines lot of info. on the net. Honda B series engines are on the expensive side I am not sure how much you would pay but remember if you go looking for it by its name the prices is going to be higher. Always look around see what you can find and you will probably get it at a cheaper price. I would recommend buying the engine as a whole with a half cut cheaper that way then purchasing ecah individually. Let me know if you need any other help, Good Luck!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey racer!

thanks, yes someone else told me the smae thing, dont search the engine by the name or else it will get spendy :-), he told me to make sure i know what the engine looks like and then go hunt for it, show no much importance and i will end up buying it for a much lower price.

anybody whos reading this got a swap done?

anyways, it does look like i should join some other board for this very purpose, i joined honda-tech,com sometime back but man everything seems to fly over my head.

thanks again, keep some info coming guys.

take care

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

neo961
    here in lhr is running a b18 in his city. and can do swap for you, wont be cheap that is something i am sure about.
    he should read and answer the query himself though from his knowledge, i may end giving wrong assumptions.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow B18 in a city, it must fly!!

thanks levin, i will look for neo and try to contact him.

i asked this guy whose number i got off from here, he told me 250k rupees which sure was ridiculous, i am confident i will find it cheaper!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Hash4U, man Majids car is a B16A with t3/t4 hybrid turbo running at 16-22psi! His car goes really close to 400hp!

@ Upyours, man going DOHC is an expensive game to play! Well, a B16A costs 1lakh + in the market while a B18c5 costs around 2lakhs!

Howver my friend got his B16 from Peshawar for 38K!! I guess if u want a cheap one, get it from peshawar for around 50K!! THat way u can save up on spending on it too!! Cheerz!
    B2 Innovations - Events & Media Managers

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129332754507

Founder Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@upYOURS... can you plz send me your cell number at cell@pakwheels.com .. or any other contact number. thnks
    Formerly known as Libra. Founder Pakwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LIBRA bro, YGM.

Kiani bro those prices are off the hook! i mean 200k ?? do these engines happen to be cheaper in CANADA? just getting ideas, i could have my brother send me 1 and i will then get into the hassle of clearing it ...

a B16A with a turbo giving 400 HP??? WOAH!

a friend of mine here, who happens to live in ISB, golden civic, think he got H22A for just about 200k, i was thinking i could get a nice B18C5 within the range of 50k LOL!! ( JK ) but hell the prices i am getting here, i see my dream going down the drain.

magar mayyusee KUFR hai so i will be on a hunt!

keep it coming fellas!

@ LIBAR , YGM

thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ohh lord, many typos!

my friends CIVIC is Orange, 94. H22A and a turbo, he says its giving 250 BHP at the wheels.

i think AGHA300 has seen that car.

;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@upyours, I think I have seen the civic you are referring to here in karachi company, if it's the one you are talking about, man it was really eye catching........
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Kiani1,
    "B16A with t3/t4 hybrid turbo running at 16-22psi! His car goes really close to 400hp!"
    I dont see the maths working over here....how can a b16 with a turbo reach 400bhp?

Ashfaq bhai is that possible ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@upYours

H22A (Type S) produces 220 @ 7200rpm & 163 lb/ft @ 6500rpm bone stock! .... I think if u use a turbo, it shud be more than what u said. Even at 30% rise in power, it shud reach somewhere near 300.....

This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for replying guys!

its me, upYOURS here, hope u guys see that i changed my handle ( lol like it matters ). I thought it would be appropriate plus i had request sorta from someone BIG

anyways

@bilalhm, bro the orange civic guy lives in G 10 / 2 and is practicing/working at CMH pindi.

@ salarzae, H22A is very impressive and i get these URGES to get it , but u know...who doesnt? .

i have an idea guys, i happened to talk to a good buddy of mine today and he asked me if i want to goto ( i forgot the name of the village ) which happens to be in Ilaaqa e Ghair. I've heard i could get the engine i am looking for a real good price... what do you guys think?

man this engine is all i have on my mind nowadays!

keep em coming everyone

take care!
    i look like a beast, i lift like a beast, i eat like a beast...i am probably a beast!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

awais, (please tell me how to spell ur name by the way )

u can extract most information from ur own friend i guess !!!! i have a solution,,,,but it will not be cost effective as the guy i know is having monoply in pindi/islamabad...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Salarzae
    Pakwheeler (formerly known as upYours) is right about the HP the point ot note here is at the wheels. There are 2 places wher power is measured at the wheels (whp) and at the crank (hp). Pakwheeler is talking about at the wheels and if you look at what you said and what he said, you will know that both of you are right.

300hp - 15% loss of power in the drivetrain=255whp

Actually the loss of drivetrain power is between 15-25% loss of power. This is due to the fact that in the factory the hp is measured with the engine outside the vehicle and the loss of power in thr transmission is not accounted. In the modification process it becomes to tedious to take in the engine out measure the power and place it back in again. when doing a next upgrade you would have to do the same procdure all over again. So to svae all this effort they use dynos where the power is measured of the engine through the wheels with all the losses and hence makes things easier for modification. Then you have WHP! Hope I cleared things here.

@Hash4u & @kiani
    Yes it is possible but not easy. Now think about it from the factory a B16b series engine in a Civic type R is rated at 187hp at the crank this is best what Honda Mugen could do without making the car illegal on the streets (yes any modification makes your car illegal depending on the rules of the city you are in). B16a is rated at 160-170hp and to get 400hp is very very hard in N/A mode, so ppl turbo charged it and the most used turbo on a B series is T3/T4 these kits are found easier. But if you were to just use it on a stock engine you would have to stay aorund 6-7psi boost just so you do not stay away from melting your pistons and blowing the up the engine. In order to get more hp, forged pistons and connecting rods are used, the engine block is sleeved for strength or block guards are used (since B series is a open deck engine, simply put weeker) Honda uses this method of casting coz the open-deck design is less prone to casting reject, and its productivity is higher (see pic).
    SWAP for Civic experts opinion needed! -624544

Other then this the compression ratio is lowered to 9:1 or lower for street turbo use so the setup can be turbo charged, with higher compressions the engine is prone to preignition or detonation. This is known as knocking which results from the violent explosion when the normal flame front runs into the secondary flame front. Detonation will cause piston and ring damage, top ring groove wear, scoring, sticking rings, loose head gaskets and possible complete engine failure. Lower CR will permit higher boost with optimized timing on low octane fuel. Forged pistons are an excellent idea on turbos as they have 2-3 times the strength and heat dissipation of cast pistons. Forged connecting rods, colder spark plugs and stronger head gaskets are also recommended.

In order to produce 400hp out of b16 lot of work need to be done and a bigger turbo setup need to be placed, i do not believe you can produce this figure with a T3/T4 turbo, you will probably need a Garret GT series twin ball bearing turbo. But only the Dyno can tell you the truth if that engine is producing 400hp, so look for dyno charts or figures. So yes it can be done but its not easy, lot of money and vehicle down time needed. And the guy should know what he is doing. But once achieved the satisfaction is amazing but it does not stop there.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the civic belongs to Majid in islamabad and is claimed to produce 400hp!! Not dynoproven off course (no dyno in Pak) !!!

ANd yes, he does use a t3/t4 hybrid for his car!!
    B2 Innovations - Events & Media Managers

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129332754507

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

B18 is a nasty swap neededs lots of wallets .... u wont get a B18c5 TypeR one with R-cover for less then 3lac thats the one in the white city in ISB that engine was dropped in by Adil/Shahjee.
    b18c5 would cost a lot more if would look for it on web (avg price 3500$/3200$)
    a cheaper and fun swap would be a B16 swap engine would cost around 1 lac or more and mounting would be done for around 5/6k atmost wiring cost around 5k or less thats it REV it hard now.

Although u can always go for oldskool B18 (nonvtec) with 145 horses that wouldbe fun too and a whole lot cheaper (around for 40/45k)

Dont think B18c5 is a cheap swap u can not get it for 1.5 or so its a lot expensive engine and yes King of Bs
    struggling to get a license

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx for removing the confusion Ashfaq bhai.

i think Adil is the only guy who fixes/fits/repairs and purchases all stuff related to turbo's and dohc engines in Islamabad in colaboration with some mechanic in G9

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@PakWheeler
    GTti_FrEaK is right mine costed me 350000 everyhing included and if you wanna c how it performs give me buzz
    And B18c5 rocks the car and your pockets...
    JAM 2.3 Venolia-Oliver Stage III, Buschur Racing GT67 P Trim Turbo Kit, Injectors 1000cc, Apexi PFc D-Jetro, HKS 272s, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, HKS Typr R, HKS Hi-Power Catback, HKS GD Max Twin, HKS DLI-II, HKS EVC 6, HKS T Timmer, HKS Circuit Attack Counter, Defi Link Control, Defi Exhaust Temperature Gauge, Defi Water Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Pressure Gauge, Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge, Defi Boost Gauge, AEM Uego, CF Hood, CF Trunk, JDM 9 Rear Bumper, C West GT Wing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List