Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: civic 00 vti guyz help me out please expertz!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default civic 00 vti guyz help me out please expertz!!!!

i have civic 00 vti oriel i m facing the overheating problem during the day time in hot whether i had my gaskt work done last winter n now its creating me kinda problem.... thing is that its block collers are reptured and kinda weak n slightly rusted ( where the gaskit place m talking abt that portion) and in the day time i just start it n its heating guage starts climbing without AC!!! i recently visitd honda drive in they have serviced the radiator n coolant in it but m still facing the prob??? one of ma mechanic told me that its block going to b change for the following to resolve!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why did you have head work done? perhaps the wrong gasket was used or it wasn't seated correctly. perhaps instead of changing the entire block you could try by first changing the head gaskit again.

never trust mechanics, tehy try and blind you with words which even they don't understand.

also check your ignition timing, incorrect timing and poorly gapped pluggs can lead to overheating as well.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the gaskit was been burnt dats why i have done that!!! it was tuned by honda drive in they have done valve clearence, valve adjustments, timing adjustment and plugs were changed by them recently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guyzz help me plzzz!!! urgent

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a similar problem. I bought the car recently and I wasn't aware of its history. I sped it a little soon after I got it and I think I burnt the gasket then, it used to heat up evertime I drove it fast. If you've owned the car for a long time then you should know about its history and you can better understand the problem.

I also had to get the valve seals checked and my head gasket was changed and that major problem was resolved. I'm still having a problem with the radiator though cause even though this is the best car, they put cheap Pakistani radiators in it.

I don't have much experience with Honda, but I went there to get my car checked and the person in-charge there didn't appeal to me too much, he didn't want to perform a thorough check and was just telling me possible things that could be wrong with my car, my mechanic did a good job on the head, and for much less money.

Tell me something, does your radiator lose water after you drive the car? I'd suggest you check your radiator and all before you get any more engine work done. I had to get mine worked on because my car started missing.
    The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List