0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help :: CIVIC 2004 VTI ORIEL PROSMATEC

Hello Forum Members, I needed a little help or u can say info from u ppl.

I am going to check a 2004 Honda Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatec. 79K Kilometres done and on CNG.

This is the first car i'm going to buy alone, so i dont have any idea what stuff i should check. I would probably take a mechanic with me but i dont want to solemnly rely on that mechanic.

I know here are many experts in that aspect, so i thought to take advice. Like what i should check with the engine running, or any problems relating to CNG with Auto Transmission etc. I hope u ppl have got what i meant.

I would be impatiently waiting for ur precious advices.

Thanks in advance.

Waqas

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check if it downshifts are good. If that's ok, there is probably no problem with transmission. Cruising at the speed of 60km/h, press the accelerator to the floor in a friction of second, car should downshift two gear, or one, depends upon the harshness u delivered to the padel

Check if D lite keeps on blinking while driving, if yes, there is some problem in transmission.

Watch for check lite turns on during driving or not. If not, then fine.

Take the car to rush area and check with AC if it heats up or not. The needle should remain at the same place, not even it should go 1mm up, if needle tries to move with AC, heating up problem is there.

Before starting check the level of engine oil and coolant.

Go to a highway, drive upto 120km/h for atleast a couple of minutes and come back. park the car. open the cap where we put engine oil and check if any fumes or smoke coming out of that, if yes, there is problem with engine.

Check for oil level again, if it's reduced, there is a problem

After all those trips, check coolant level in radiator, if its low, gasket may b bad.

Check for Power steering fluid level, It should not be low. If it is, there may b leaks in steering box or power steering system.

Lean under the car to check for any sort of leaks. Freshly serviced and oiled car would never give u idea of underside. If possible, service the car but don't let them spray oil or diesel down under or on the engine. keep them dry and u can judge for the leaks only after this.

Suspension of this model is quite harder, so don't get bothered.

Two main problems in this specific shape/model are transmission and power steering pump. Check them both critically
    Suggestions required

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@panic..

nice detailed reply

i wanted to ask that i have honda city 2002 auto, will its D lite blink if there is a problem with tranny(just confirming)

and its steering is hard, no apparent problem with the fliud..what else could be the problem
    drug-s3x-money .....be careful: this is the kind of obsession that can render you utterly useless

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@panicslayer

thank u very very very very much for ur detailed response...

but i wanted u to illustrate a few things. But keep in mind its the Eagle Eye Shae (the one before Reborn)...

U said that the downshift should be good. What is in there to check about the downshifts ? I mean we used to have an Altis 2006 Auto, but it had Gate Type Gear lever which was awesome... but when i suddenly used to press the throttle, i downshifted the gears with a shock but when braking gently it didnt even feel like that the gears were being downshifted.. so, be in detail what should i check in the transmission.

and the things u have mentioned, i dont think the owner would let me check all this stuff

Plus, i have heard that City Vario get rammed after 50k kilometres on CNG. Are there any such issues to civic as well ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a 2005 vti oriel prosmatic on CNG

this model civic has no issue with CNG

70k is nothing for this car if serviced at regular intervals and used honda oil or a SL grade oil. i have seen this model with 200k + and no issues at all.

by the way at 80k you need to change timing belt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i can help you out a bit as well ... the city vario you are talking about has major problems on CNG due to the 7 gear CVT transmission ... although a few peeople use it on cng and say its all okay .. i wouldnt advise you to take the risk .... prosmatec is much better in CNG if u wanna go for it ....
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I second Panic he gave good tips

but never recon Auto cars on CNG
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@doubletrouble

If D light blinks, it means, there is problem with the transmission. Sorry i don't know about city, whether it has this option or not. But if it is blinking, there is surely some problem. Problem may b little, like wiring short circuiting or low ATF level.

Steering is hard and if there are no leaks. Just get ur steering pump and power steering system flushed and refill with fresh oil. Problem wud be solved inshAllah. It's just a matter of 1hr. There is a small valve fixed in power pump that gets chocked over time and needs to be serviced

@itsme_waqas

Then u r well aware of downshift. It should downshift as ur altis did. If u feel any strange behavior, like no downshifting but just revving etc, then this is bad.

Now u said that he won't let u check all this. Think about it, it's just a matter of 10 minutes what i've told u, not more than this. It just seems lengthy in writing Help :: CIVIC 2004 VTI ORIEL PROSMATEC - 1

Vario is not good at CNG due to it's CVT transmission. It dies soon. My civic is guna hit 150K on the clock and MashAllah running great on CNG with auto tranny. Any further queries, do PM me and ill reply u here so that others also may have benefit. Do post the link of this thread in PM Help :: CIVIC 2004 VTI ORIEL PROSMATEC - 1 Happy new purchase. Thanks
    Suggestions required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers