Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need experts advice about Honda civic timing belt.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need experts advice about Honda civic timing belt.

Salam to all..

I own Honda civic 2005 prosmatic vti..need to know when to change its timing belt as it has dont almost 72K..(69K on petrol and remaing on CNG)..Secondly needs ur opinon about changing Transmission oil or Gear oil?..SHould i change it or what to do abot it?..

As per my knowledge there are 2 views..One is do not change the automatic gear oil and second is to change it after every 50k or before its get dirty....

Needs expert views on both problems plz solve the matter

Regards to all..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i own a honda civic 2003 pros i changed its timming belt at 100000 km and transmission oil at 80,000 km.... u msut change transmission oil at 80,000 and put genuine honda transmission oil in it and enjoy for next 50,000 km....
    keep in mind that when u will change timming belt do change the barring but get this work done by some qualified and experinced mechanic bcz honda timming belt change is a bit tricky...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always change the transmission oil on time recommended by the manufacturer else it will eventually eat up your transmission. Never listen to mechanics who advise not to change it. Same applies for gear oil in manual cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zish16 View Post
    @Xulfiqar....all who says that dont change ur transmission oil are correct to some extent....actually some manufacturers give life time guarantee for their transmission oil so for that cars one doesnt need to change ATF.....as far as Honda is concerned they dont give life time guarantee in Pakistan so civics in pakistan do need ATF to be changed but yes DONT change your car ATF by roadside mechanics always do that through dealers....

I'll tell you something - when the W210 MB came out fresh, MB said the transmission is filled for life - hmm really - infact they did not even provide a dipstick - and to check the fluid you need to buy an MB tool which is just a fancy dipstick to check the fluid level.

Fast forward to 15 years into the cars life. MB recommends changing of the transmission fluid at every 160,000 kms now in the same old cars as they failed. Filled for life should be questioned by the manufacturer to what they have determined LIFE is. This was brought into light by most European taxi drivers - as they have clocked more than 800,000 kms on their cars and their first transmissions failed at 200,000 and never failed again because they changed fluid and filter afterwards..

In a Honda its a complete stupid goofball design, because to replace the transmission filter you need to completely disassemble the transmission.

Changing transmission fluid is easy - and IMO every person who holds a Drivers license should be able to do it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List