0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    I cant frikkin believe it. I spent 2 fu**** million rupees on this car and it behaves like a suzuki cultus. Today I was going to the market and driver side window was rolled down. When I parked the car and pulled the button to close the window, it went half way up and then back down again. Tried a number of times but it persisted. Eventually had to go back home as couldn't park the car with window rolled down and this ruined half my day. Pretty pissed rite now. Can anyone tell what the solution is? I thought this problem was known to be in pre 09 models only. The car is question is 2010 vti oriel prosmatec
    It was present in my 2007 and it was VERY annoying and dangerous at times especially at motorways when ever i used to speed up after paying toll, for like 5 minutes I struggled for it to go up.
    But thank God its not in my 2010 one.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WD-40 solves the same issue for me, but after its use you have to clean the edges of the housing, otherwise it would leave wet marks of WD-40 on the glass, which are very hard to remove.
    im currently facing another issue in my car, the select/adjust button with which you adjust the Trip A or Trip B has stopped glowing, the illumination control button is glowing which is next to it, so are the other buttons, any idea what could be the issue?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cant perform the weekly fix. I however can spray the WD40. Can anyone post a pic where exactly do I have to spray the WD40? Can this be safely performed at home?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cant frikkin believe it. I spent 2 fu**** million rupees on this car and it behaves like a suzuki cultus. Today I was going to the market and driver side window was rolled down. When I parked the car and pulled the button to close the window, it went half way up and then back down again. Tried a number of times but it persisted. Eventually had to go back home as couldn't park the car with window rolled down and this ruined half my day. Pretty pissed rite now. Can anyone tell what the solution is? I thought this problem was known to be in pre 09 models only. The car is question is 2010 vti oriel prosmatec

Had same prob in my prev civic n this one aswell, WD-40 is the best solution... Try to keep a bottle of WD-40 in the car and whenevr yoou face the same prob again, try to roll in fraction, dont use auto feature... it'l hardly take a min n u'l b able to park ur car safely with rolled-up windows..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cant perform the weekly fix. I however can spray the WD40. Can anyone post a pic where exactly do I have to spray the WD40? Can this be safely performed at home?
    yes bro its safe... spray it in b/w the door and window glass... on both sides of the windows with scrolling up and down... just spray on the lower part of thw window, I hope u got it... In case you havent do let me know, I'l try to uplod pix...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you mean to say caltus has power window problem i dont think so hah
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lahoreee View Post
    yes bro its safe... spray it in b/w the door and window glass... on both sides of the windows with scrolling up and down... just spray on the lower part of thw window, I hope u got it... In case you havent do let me know, I'l try to uplod pix...
    Thanks but If I am not wrong, you are suggesting to spray in the very small longitudinal gap b/w glass and the door? Wouldn't that mess up the glass? I was thinking more on the lines of opening up the plastic panel from the inside and spraying on the motor.

@qwertypoiu

Yeah VXR (VXL has) does not has power windows but I have faced these types of problems only in cultus e.g. door locks not working or windows not rolling up/down amongst all locally manufactured cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam.
    i hav 2007 model 8th civic,the problem i face in 2 years,
    1.engine mounding,
    2.power steering to hard as compair to car
    3 power pipe problem.
    4 BIG problem in manual car clutch problem its gone hard so soon,
    5 seats are too hard for long dirve

seats shuld b so soft tht we can take a long dive with stay.comfotable seats can make car more and more comfrotable ,like i hav 86 corrla its seats are too soft the civic,
    stearing should b EPS so as compair to car, it make u feel like something underneath is moveing hard,
    2005 model lancer,old and new toyota even 86 corrla.clutch is sooooooooooooooooooo much soft tht u wont bleave.but this civic clutch giv u a tuff time after drive some km,too much hard tht my left foot aalways feel tired when u live in a small city.
    but still i do like civic .cos i like it plus i dnt hav any other choice,
    thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks but If I am not wrong, you are suggesting to spray in the very small longitudinal gap b/w glass and the door? Wouldn't that mess up the glass? I was thinking more on the lines of opening up the plastic panel from the inside and spraying on the motor.
    Yup, that's exactly what he meant. The two railings which serve as a guide for the window pane to move up and down gather dust/grime over time and need periodic cleaning. Since you'd already be doing it to the driver's side window, go ahead and spray some of that WD-40 in the railings of the other three windows as well. Roll them up and down a couple of times and wipe off any excess lubricant. I used to do that for my Baleno every month or so because my father would take it to very duty places and windows would start acting up.

I would strongly advise against opening up the door cover panels as they rarely fit perfectly when removed and usually lead to an annoying sound or two in the future.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4 BIG problem in manual car clutch problem its gone hard so soon
    Lubricate the clutch cylinder
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

12. 25-02-2011, 04:00 AM
    2c

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    useless posts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    The issue is dust getting trapped in the window channels, there is no fix for it, its just how they're designed. Our dust ridden country doesn't play well with it.

The "fix" is weekly maintenance. Slide a thin cloth into the channels and run it up and down, you'll notice how the tip becomes black. That will keep the grime out. Also spray WD40 regularly into the channel and it will be fine.

The craziness of this pesky problem is that it only affects the driver side Window which I believe is the most frequently used one.
    rails/channels are not properly aligned, dust only makes it more prominent/troublesome, but is not the main cause.

wd40 does solves it for couple of weeks
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a guess, but wouldn't WD40 + dust/dirt = greasy mud type thing which is further gonna jam the glass's movement??
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont worry, It wont mess up the glass at all..Yes bro u got it right, spray it exactly in that small longitudinal gap... I wont sugst u to open the plastic panel... U do get a straw-stick with WD-40, use it to spray inside and remove as much dirt as possible because dirt when accompanied by water (rain/car-wash) cause resistance as well... but this is not the case with WD-40...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aref View Post
    Just a guess, but wouldn't WD40 + dust/dirt = greasy mud type thing which is further gonna jam the glass's movement??
    No bro, water n dirt do cause jam but not WD-40...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do not use WD40 in there - it will eat the rubber and make a goo out of it, buy a can of 3M silicone oil spray - its meant to be used for this - but dont go squirt happy on it, use a brush and mild soap/water to wash it first

mild soap does not equal to Gaaye (Cow), lado or any other hard detergent like Max, rin, surf excel etc. Use a dove soap bar
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    do not use WD40 in there - it will eat the rubber and make a goo out of it, buy a can of 3M silicone oil spray - its meant to be used for this - but dont go squirt happy on it, use a brush and mild soap/water to wash it first

mild soap does not equal to Gaaye (Cow), lado or any other hard detergent like Max, rin, surf excel etc. Use a dove soap bar
    c'mon bro, I've been using WD-40 from 2006 in my civic '05.. It helps and nothing got eaten up...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4 BIG problem in manual car clutch problem its gone hard so soon .
    cylestyne can u plz explain about clutch wire thing about ,cos i never listen and dnt know about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where is the shift-lock of prosmatic ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a problem which any 1 can solve......i had honda reborn 1.8 prosmatec.....mileage is 64000 km.a sound is heard from 1000 rpm to 1200 rpm from the engine.....which is no more as the throttle is increased and rpm goes above the 1200 rpm...i had visited honda center pindi nd peshawar both...both had said that its noise of crank bearings and will cost 20000 to replace them.....but they said this noise wont be increasing......I DUN TRUST AND BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING AND SUGGESTING ME.......
    Can any 1 tell me what exactly the problem is???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by coolpoison View Post
    I had a problem which any 1 can solve......i had honda reborn 1.8 prosmatec.....mileage is 64000 km.a sound is heard from 1000 rpm to 1200 rpm from the engine.....which is no more as the throttle is increased and rpm goes above the 1200 rpm...i had visited honda center pindi nd peshawar both...both had said that its noise of crank bearings and will cost 20000 to replace them.....but they said this noise wont be increasing......I DUN TRUST AND BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING AND SUGGESTING ME.......
    Can any 1 tell me what exactly the problem is???
    As suggeted earlier, your bearings and mountings are out of order now.

Bearings cost 8000 and mountings cost 12000, which makes up to 20000.
    Get them replaced. The problem lies in "right" bearings and mountings of the car which suffers more strain as compared to left side.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

User Tag List