0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1- Seats are back wrecking for long drives.

2- If you get bad quality petrol, it wouldnt driver smooth on low revs.

3- Especially after rain, when the dirt gets into the window panes, the power windows start to dance, but WD-40 is the cure.

4- I feel a significant difference between the post and pre 08 models, the quality now is pretty different.

5- Spares are expensive.

6- A pillars effect your view a lot.

other than this i love my Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    4- I feel a significant difference between the post and pre 08 models, the quality now is pretty different.
    agreed to this line.06-08 models were having soft quality throughout the car on steering,doors and dash.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne
    can u tell me exact millage of manual civic
    thx
    -Words and cheques should not be dishonored-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since rains have started in lahore, I am facing stupid sqeeqing noise from clutch.. how to solve it? ...

and rest: I am a HAPPY user!
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadkhalil View Post
    Since rains have started in lahore, I am facing stupid sqeeqing noise from clutch.. how to solve it? ...

and rest: I am a HAPPY user!
    Same here, i tried WD-40, but didnt quite solve the problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WD 40 does not work in this situation coz I believe clutch mechanism is enclosed and oil does not reach actual mechanism...

anyone? help... f1 f1 ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump for new problems

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my clutch makes squeeqy noise, specially after rain or car wash.. anyone with reliable solution?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, i have a 2012 model ivtec manual with just a little below 2000 KM on meter. No problems till now except that i feel that shifting from 1st to 2nd gear is not that smooth. Any specific reason for this ? It is only between 1st and second gear. Has anyone else faced such an issue ?
    FJ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone faced Foundation issue of engine replacement. Its cracks after 40000 driven especially in auto models...

Pls share

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmmm never heard of this problem pls share more details

Sent from MIS iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vibration at Higher speeds 130 plus

Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky
    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !
    So after the change :
    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem
    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason But i dnt think so !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?
    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a long period of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be noticed !
    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only 46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc
    pls adv
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky
    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !
    So after the change :
    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem
    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason But i dnt think so !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?
    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a long period of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be noticed !
    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only 46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc
    pls adv
    whenever they put up a stupid story like that, ask them to roll out a NEW car and test it. If they are following Honda service procedure and protocol they are bound to - no matter which part of the world they are in.

I have used this action and nearly all times they just quietly did their jobs afterwards. It also has to do with me actually asking them to show me the service manual (they cannot deny you by law)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyres For 8th Gen Civic

So after discussing this issue with some of my friends (8th Gen OWNERS ) 90% have advised me to change the tyres and to get Allignment n Balancing done ..

For Tyres : Bought Brandnew Alloys in 15" a few months back hardly used them for 2-3k kms , so One option is to get New tyres yokohama Db in 195/65/R15

But New tyre is really expensive these days for around 9k per tyre and 36k for the set , So when m spending tht much , I want to change n increase the size of rim as well ..

Problems in Honda Civic 18 -1164022

so 205/55/R16 for 16" and 215/45/R17 For 17"

45 Low profile is not good for our roads as suggested by most of the experienced users here at Pakwheels , A user " 309 " is using 205/60/R16 instead of 205/55 , so can we use High profile tyre tht is 215/50 or 215/55 in 17 inch ?? 95% of the time i drive it on smooth roads and main roads without any passengers at the back seat , All i want is Looks , but obviously with comfort , and no vibration at higher speeds of 150 plus as currently m experiencing with Eurostars , dont want to make the ride hard , so is it okay if i Get a bit higher profile tyre with 17" Alloy ?? N yes i dnt think tht the tyre will hit the Fender Arch , becoz even with 215/45/R17 theres a good gap of 3 fingers b/w the tyre n the arch , with higher profile of 215/50/R17 I dnt think it will be a problem , correct me if I am wrong !
    daily running is max 25-30 kms .

Need some serious help Guys , Pakwheels is sleeping these days
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I posted the pics of my engine mount in the thread
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...10#post3822684
    FJ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I owned a 2003 honda prosmatec once and had all kinds of problems with it I mean ALLL KINDS....Most terrible thing about it was its automatic transmission was not properly shifting gears, so I had to buy a new gear box worth 25000 in SHUBA Peshawar and then paid a not so expert mechanic(as there are very few experts of honda in KPK) over 5000 to install it, that idiot forgot to put the gearbox cover on, which later gave me outrageous knocking problems whenever it went through water, I had to stop for a while until it stop knocking and then slowly start again, this was just one problem, which I couldnt solve until I sold it to some poor guy who I feel pity for till now .. Then shocks, stearing box, engine leakage, all were tried to get fixed however they keep coming back like a wondering soul..I had to spend over 100K and could not fix any of it's problem, surprisingly on the scanner it didnt show any electrical fault and more surprisignly there was nothing working in it..The day I sold it I felt like being in heaven, I had a corrolla b4 absolutely loved it and now INSHALLAH soon going to buy another corrolla as it has good resale, inexpensive parts, mechanics available and could be used like a jeep....
    Return to toyota..honda suxxxxx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do agree that 7 cf is way better than WD 40. I use to use wd 40 before but that required to be used every week but used 7cf one day when didn't had WD 40 and it has been 9months since then and window is fine now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did u tell the other guy regarding the issues , if not its very bad on or part

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanoflondon View Post
    I owned a 2003 honda prosmatec once and had all kinds of problems with it I mean ALLL KINDS....Most terrible thing about it was its automatic transmission was not properly shifting gears, so I had to buy a new gear box worth 25000 in SHUBA Peshawar and then paid a not so expert mechanic(as there are very few experts of honda in KPK) over 5000 to install it, that idiot forgot to put the gearbox cover on, which later gave me outrageous knocking problems whenever it went through water, I had to stop for a while until it stop knocking and then slowly start again, this was just one problem, which I couldnt solve until I sold it to some poor guy who I feel pity for till now .. Then shocks, stearing box, engine leakage, all were tried to get fixed however they keep coming back like a wondering soul..I had to spend over 100K and could not fix any of it's problem, surprisingly on the scanner it didnt show any electrical fault and more surprisignly there was nothing working in it..The day I sold it I felt like being in heaven, I had a corrolla b4 absolutely loved it and now INSHALLAH soon going to buy another corrolla as it has good resale, inexpensive parts, mechanics available and could be used like a jeep....
    Return to toyota..honda suxxxxx
    all cars need maintenence, regardless of the brand, if you got your civic in used condition then it wasnt the car or the brand responsible for the problems, it was the previous owner who neglected the vehicle.
    When you are going for a replacement job with those Used parts then ask people on pakwheels to guide you to an expert mechanic.
    Best of luck for future jobs on your cars
    *DRALNOS* Some say he invented the sound barrier & he breaks it as he blinks.All we know is he's called the stig!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the biggest problem : IT'S THE MOST SE*Y PAK ASSEMBLED CAR !!
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

User Tag List