0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One issue that is present in all 8th and 9th gen civics is of center arm rest making noises
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    One issue that is present in all 8th and 9th gen civics is of center arm rest making noises
    Noise issue is not present in 9th gen civic. At least not mine. However 8th gen had squeaky arm rest and it only squeaks when a more than usual force is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to my experience 9th gen had a little rattling interior if compared to 8th gen! i dont know, i get upset when i sit in 9th gen , its rear has a very high curvy ascss and front has crisp/sleek feeling like from front windows till that odd triangle near the the side view mirror! however its mileage and ground clearance are good!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default missing

Hey gurus need your help.i was having volta 50 maintenance free battery installed in my 8th gen 07 model.a month back got it dead after parking for a long while but recharched it and the issue was almost ended up but 3 days back faced same issue a dead battery again.any ways started car with the help of another battery and finaly yesterday changed it with same one in new.costed me 4k and the old battery.as i moved on about 5km i felt that car is missing as i get slow for a road jam or any rpm gets down and ignition off.starting again works but accelerating doesn't fine in idle rpm 700 but as i move accelerator doesn't help a while and then accelerate.some time everything is fine but as i get slow down engine wents off.as i was traveling to islamabad and time was late as well so i tried just to reach home with the same problem.and finally reached but couldn't understand what and why is the problem what to do and what not to do.before replacing battery i was feeling missing as patrol smell was there in idle mode but the mechanic said visit any wiring wala did that as well and he checked up those plug connectors and said everything is fine. kindly help me getting rid out of it.
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky
    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !
    So after the change :
    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem
    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason But i dnt think so !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?
    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a long period of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be noticed !
    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only 46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc
    pls adv
    To me it was a bend axle rod and i can feel vibrations beyond 80km/h and at 140km/h steering be like dugggg dugg duggg.So after axle change no more vibrations went till 175km/h on motorway on my liana.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by black88 View Post
    Hey gurus need your help.i was having volta 50 maintenance free battery installed in my 8th gen 07 model.a month back got it dead after parking for a long while but recharched it and the issue was almost ended up but 3 days back faced same issue a dead battery again.any ways started car with the help of another battery and finaly yesterday changed it with same one in new.costed me 4k and the old battery.as i moved on about 5km i felt that car is missing as i get slow for a road jam or any rpm gets down and ignition off.starting again works but accelerating doesn't fine in idle rpm 700 but as i move accelerator doesn't help a while and then accelerate.some time everything is fine but as i get slow down engine wents off.as i was traveling to islamabad and time was late as well so i tried just to reach home with the same problem.and finally reached but couldn't understand what and why is the problem what to do and what not to do.before replacing battery i was feeling missing as patrol smell was there in idle mode but the mechanic said visit any wiring wala did that as well and he checked up those plug connectors and said everything is fine. kindly help me getting rid out of it.
    Brother,
    Whenever you change your battery, ECM got reset. Get the -ive terminal removed from battery, wait for 1 min. This will reset Car ECM ( electronic control module). Hope it solves the problem. Else go to Honda 3S, they will plug in computer analyzer and reset it. This problem happens when battery is replaced and mechanic removes +ive terminal first. Whole computer program goes upset and thats how unburned fuel goes out. Try it, hope it works inshallah.
    I'd rather be in Concordia!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When did you last calibrate your throttle last time. What is the mileage of your car. Get it computer tuned plus throttle tappet cleaning /adjustment from honda 3S

Sent from Galaxy Note4
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    To me it was a bend axle rod and i can feel vibrations beyond 80km/h and at 140km/h steering be like dugggg dugg duggg.So after axle change no more vibrations went till 175km/h on motorway on my liana.
    Eurostar and 46 k is enough. They always look ok apparently. Lets move step by step. You mantioned that you deployed Alloy Rims, what make ?? If genuine one, fine, otherwise Rims are a problem. Claim back to Rims shop. Generally Chinese Rims ( Actually Pakistani and Sold as Taiwanis ) do have inherent problem of disbalance. No tire can remove the problem.
    However 2nd step is to ask rim shop to put New set of new set of Rims and Tyres OEM, which is generally available with them. This gives a comparison. Last is to change your Eurostar to Yokohama ECOS or whatever you feel good.
    I'd rather be in Concordia!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nouman View Post
    Brother,
    Whenever you change your battery, ECM got reset. Get the -ive terminal removed from battery, wait for 1 min. This will reset Car ECM ( electronic control module). Hope it solves the problem. Else go to Honda 3S, they will plug in computer analyzer and reset it. This problem happens when battery is replaced and mechanic removes +ive terminal first. Whole computer program goes upset and thats how unburned fuel goes out. Try it, hope it works inshallah.
    thank you so much for help.i will try the same in sha ALLAH after this will check if it works.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    When did you last calibrate your throttle last time. What is the mileage of your car. Get it computer tuned plus throttle tappet cleaning /adjustment from honda 3S

Sent from Galaxy Note4

by self i haven't did that since i bought it .but last month visited honda 3s they said tappet are at very accurate level.but this unburned fuel issue was after that and the mentioned issue of missing started after battery replacement.in last test i drove my 8th gen at max speed of 170 p/h filled tank to brim and given me 616 km on highway and some very less local with a/c on off.... since this missing issue started in the middle way and i drove at max speed of 90 km p/h on highway filled from same pump to brim and till now millage is 548 having 4 dots on reading.even missing problem was there as well.i bought it on 99k on oddo and now its 102k almost 3000 driven by me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Half hour after ecu reset same problem misssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg .....yyyyyyy????????
    Koi jugarrrrr?????????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I need to change Car battery of my Civic oriel prosmatic 2011 any recommendations regarding which one to buy and where to buy from in Lahore. Your reply would be very much appreciated. Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassansabir113 View Post
    Guys I need to change Car battery of my Civic oriel prosmatic 2011 any recommendations regarding which one to buy and where to buy from in Lahore. Your reply would be very much appreciated. Thank you

i would like to suggest volta maintenance free battery i have changed couple of months back as previously it was also the same one.and i am quit happy and relaxed .it will cost around 4500.keep in mind that when changing battery remove (-) terminal 1st .if you remove (+) 1st it will create problems as i have faced doing same .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a 8th gen civic every thing was working flawlessly until the next day i started the car starnge sounds came from the engine and it is vibrating a lot but when i put it on D the vibration is reduced. When the gear is shifted to R it again starts making weird sound and keeps vibrating. Has someone experienced this? Its only driven 40k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Driven

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check = engine mount

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahad5 View Post
    I have a 8th gen civic every thing was working flawlessly until the next day i started the car starnge sounds came from the engine and it is vibrating a lot but when i put it on D the vibration is reduced. When the gear is shifted to R it again starts making weird sound and keeps vibrating. Has someone experienced this? Its only driven 40k
    Mount is gone get a kabli mount or u can afford original mount which is 12 to 15k than go for it ur issue will be resolved

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sold my red beauty 2011 Civic manual 33k driven for 1465k today.Reborn's market is very low
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very true. Few months back, sold my mint condition 2009 Oriel Manual done just 20,000 kms for 1,425,000.
    It was a tough decision to sell but needed cash. Now regretting it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faroooch View Post
    Very true. Few months back, sold my mint condition 2009 Oriel Manual done just 20,000 kms for 1,425,000.
    It was a tough decision to sell but needed cash. Now regretting it.
    I sold because I bought a new car and with passing days reborns value will only decrease

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

User Tag List