0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faroooch View Post
    @airomerix

SEE SEE SEE i was right about the nanga boot!
    i was so confused when you said your civic's boot had NO visible wires and lights!
    Im so relieved that honda cheated you just as much as they cheated me

@all
    after 9.5 months of owning a brand new Civic and 16 visits to the Honda Dealership but I've finally found out what the problem behind the interior chirping is..and i absolutely COULD not believe it!
    it turned out to be negligence on the part of the Atlas Honda factory during the cars assembly. After my cars fault was diagnosed..i was informed by the SINGLE AUTHORIZED mechanic in the WHOLE of Honda Dealership on Sharae Faisal that it has fixed 3 cars with the same problem in the previous couple of months.
    Anyway...the problem is that the dash sort of hangs on a cross member (circular cross section steel pipe) that connects both sides of the front pillars base (A-pillars) to keep the chassis rigid and also to act as a brace for the dash.
    the problem in my civic was that the plastic dash was not properly bolted onto the steel pipe. in some cases the bolt WASN'T even present!
    i know this because after SO MANY visits i was tired of this bloddy problem and went to the station manager on the 2nd day and requested to be present with the car while the car is taken for "trial runs" and then repaired (dismantled and put together again like humpty dumpty)
    i was not allowed to take pics inside the workshop but i sat on a chair for 5 hours for 2 days to diagnose and fix the problem in front of my eyes.

when the car was assembled again the dash was not fit properly and has scratches all over it
    and my steering is rotated.. so to go straight it has to be turned slightly!
    will have to go AGAIN to fix it.

The 2nd problem was a metallic sound coming from the boot. it was also fixed as i asked the car to be raised and EVERY nut and bolt be tightened underneath the car and in the boot.
    the 9month long problem was mysteriously gone!
    Bloody assemblers at Atlas Honda.

Oh and another thing..my car was i the workshop for 4 days total. on the first day they lied to me and told me the problem is fixed and returned the car. i found out it was driven 32km (for trials...i mean are you f***ing kidding me?)
    plus i was missing 15l of fuel !!!
    i was given a VERY LAME excuse that people cant steal fuel from the Civic..as it is theft proof!
    15l of fuel cost me Rs1050 but i was given only one free service as compensation which only costs Rs550.

this is the standard of Atlas Honda Pakistan ladies and gentlemen.
    Farooq.

Had I been you, I would have written letter to papers and have mailed someone in Honda Japan.
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chirping sound

I've added an illustration of the problem. read my post above for details.

this is an image of a USDM civic and i edited it for illustration only.

Problems in Honda Civic 18 -99536

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fahad
    im planning to this weekend.
    also im planning to get reimbursed for my fuel..as a shitty free service from a shittt dealer is worth NOTHING to me!
    plus theft is a VERY serious matter. i dont know why i agreed to compromise.
    the manager said they will onduct an inquiry into it..and inform me about who stole it. but i think the manager lied and just gave me a topi. im planning to talk to the owner of that dealership (he owns 2 honda dealerships in karachi on sharae faisal and in defence.. so im sure he would want to know whats going on)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix

i was so confused when you said your civic's boot had NO visible wires and lights!

@all whose car makes a chirping sound
    my car made the same sound from the dash on the passenger's side.

but after 9.5 months of owning a brand new Civic and 16 visits to the Honda Dealership, I've finally found out what the problem behind the interior chirping is..and i absolutely COULD not believe it!
    it turned out to be negligence on the part of the Atlas Honda factory during the car's assembly. After my cars fault was diagnosed..i was informed by the SINGLE AUTHORIZED mechanic in the WHOLE of Honda Dealership on Sharae Faisal that he has fixed 3 cars with the same problem in the previous couple of months.
    Anyway...the problem is that the dash sort of hangs on a cross member (circular cross section steel pipe) that connects both sides of the front pillars base (A-pillars) to keep the chassis rigid and also to act as a brace for the dash.
    the problem in my civic was that the plastic dash was not properly bolted onto the steel pipe. in some cases the bolt WASN'T even present!
    so the dash flexed and made a chirping sound when it hit the steel pipe and other plastic bits when the car hit even a tiny bump.
    i know this because after SO MANY visits i was tired of this bloody problem and went to the station manager on the 2nd day and requested to be present with the car while the car is taken for "trial runs" and then repaired (dismantled and put together again like humpty dumpty)
    i was not allowed to take pics inside the workshop but i sat on a chair for 5 hours for 2 days to diagnose and fix the problem in front of my eyes.

when the interior was assembled again the dash was not fit properly and had scratches all over it
    and my steering is rotated.. so to go straight it has to be turned slightly!
    will have to go AGAIN to fix it.

The 2nd problem was a metallic sound coming from the boot. it was also fixed as i asked the car to be raised and EVERY nut and bolt be tightened underneath the car and in the boot.
    the second 9.5 month long problem was mysteriously gone!
    Bloody assemblers at Atlas Honda.

Oh and another thing..my car was i the workshop for 4 days total. on the first day they lied to me and told me the problem is fixed and returned the car. i found out it was driven 32km (for trials apparently ...i mean are you f***ing kidding me?)

plus i was missing 15l of fuel !!!

i was given a VERY LAME excuse that people cant steal fuel from the Civic..as it is theft proof!
    15l of fuel cost me Rs1050 but i was given only one free service as compensation which only costs Rs550.

this is the standard of Atlas Honda Pakistan ladies and gentlemen.
    Farooq.
    I am facing the exact same problem from the exact same side. Now that your issue has been resolved can you tell us how much it cost you? and what exactly should we go and tell Honda guys to do? because it is obvious that they know nothing and would waste my time

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Simply fly me to Lahore by first class and treat me to a lavish dinner.

There is a pipe on which the dash "hangs" with bolts and screws..see the pic above.
    Tell the Honda people that the bolts that secure the dash to that pipe are either loose or not present.
    Show them the picture if its possible on a laptop.

Mani.. Just a piece of advice.
    Request to be present next to car when they take apart your dash as they will do it in a VERY JUNGLY manner with scratches all over you dash. I've seen your posts and i know you keep your car very clean like me. I even clean the space in between the buttons! Imagine my surprise when i saw scratches on most of the AC and Stereo buttons and steering wheel.

Btw..this work was done for free under warranty (they better not charge me for an assembling fault)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so heres the thread finally

as most of u fellow members know i have civics and one being the 2007 1.8l new shape civic vti oriel prosmatec and Alhamdulillah no major problems yet. the only thing i can think of which is problematic is the driver side power window like if u operate the window on auto option than the windows rolls down again itself from halfway and yeah this car shouldn't be driven on low profile tires bcoz it has a stiff suspension and may start to give problems on low pros and bigger rims. im running my car on 16'' rims with 60 profile tires and to me this is the best combo for this car , both the rim is slighter bigger than stock size and 60 profile is also feels soft as compared to 55 profile. im one happy owner of 8th gen. civic and love to drive it on smooth roads and man this car just flies and prosmatec is smooth as butter

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and i must say that the milleage is very impressive of the new civic it gives arnd 7.5km/ltr-8 within city and on higways it gives 15km/ltr quite easily. as for members who are deciding to change their car's tires and rims then i wud suggest them 205/60/R16 setup, my car looks quite different bcoz of 60 profile tires with 16s whereas mostly ppl go for 55 profile tires with 16'' rims.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    and i must say that the milleage is very impressive of the new civic it gives arnd 7.5km/ltr-8 within city and on higways it gives 15km/ltr quite easily. as for members who are deciding to change their car's tires and rims then i wud suggest them 205/60/R16 setup, my car looks quite different bcoz of 60 profile tires with 16s whereas mostly ppl go for 55 profile tires with 16'' rims.
    Yaar we oriel people are stuck. Cuz the rims are quite nice and no one buys them on a good buys [im talking about the tire walas and stuff]. So installing 16" requires some serious cash.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix

Farooq.
    Lol yeah now when ever i open the boot i get disgusted.=P

And that chip chip sound is not present in my car. Or i cannot recognize it. I think its only present in latest models.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fahad
    im planning to this weekend.
    also im planning to get reimbursed for my fuel..as a shitty free service from a shittt dealer is worth NOTHING to me!
    plus theft is a VERY serious matter. i dont know why i agreed to compromise.
    the manager said they will onduct an inquiry into it..and inform me about who stole it. but i think the manager lied and just gave me a topi. im planning to talk to the owner of that dealership (he owns 2 honda dealerships in karachi on sharae faisal and in defence.. so im sure he would want to know whats going on)

Do it man .... write everywhere... Had you been in Lahore, I would have got your story covered on City 42 channel..

In Pakistan people don't care and don't realize about their consumer rights, that is why such a$$ holes exists in market. If we become STRICT about our matters and show awareness, such incidents will be reduced. Don't even spare a single rupee anywhere; don't tip mechanics till they work upto your satisfaction. I remember someone saying that when he went to pick the car, there was scratch on bumper; sales chick said that 'itna saa hee tu hai"... I guess that person would have replied her politely; I would have said that can I kiss you and bite your on lower? Just contact hee hoo gaa.... I mean @$$ holesss..... one spend 1.8 million and they behave like as if they are doing a favor on us!

About fuel theft, you should have KICKED manager's butt at THE spot and should have insisted on immediate refund.

Whenever I go to dealership in Lahore, instead of sitting in AC room watching plasma or sales chicks, I spend time with mechanic on bay. So far I am satisfied with the work of Honda Point Defense, Lahore. Staff is courteous, though mechanics openly ask for tips, but their attitude so far is fairly good.
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadkhalil View Post
    Do it man .... write everywhere... Had you been in Lahore, I would have got your story covered on City 42 channel..

In Pakistan people don't care and don't realize about their consumer rights, that is why such a$$ holes exists in market. If we become STRICT about our matters and show awareness, such incidents will be reduced. Don't even spare a single rupee anywhere; don't tip mechanics till they work upto your satisfaction. I remember someone saying that when he went to pick the car, there was scratch on bumper; sales chick said that 'itna saa hee tu hai"... I guess that person would have replied her politely; I would have said that can I kiss you and bite your on lower? Just contact hee hoo gaa.... I mean @$$ holesss..... one spend 1.8 million and they behave like as if they are doing a favor on us!

About fuel theft, you should have KICKED manager's butt at THE spot and should have insisted on immediate refund.

Whenever I go to dealership in Lahore, instead of sitting in AC room watching plasma or sales chicks, I spend time with mechanic on bay. So far I am satisfied with the work of Honda Point Defense, Lahore. Staff is courteous, though mechanics openly ask for tips, but their attitude so far is fairly good.
    Same here but chicks are hawt sometimes. ;P

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink Multiple Problems with my 1.8

Hello Everyone,

I bought my Civic 1.8 (2007) 2nd Hand, and actually I was not the direct buyer so I got inherited some problems with that.
    First, I observe some vibrations in the first gear move, after that it disappears, specially, when I am turning the car in the first gear. How could it be checked, because Honda showroom (Peshawar Rd, Rwp) says it has no such suspension problems. Any help?
    Second, I am looking for its original car stereo, can anyone one tell me if from where I can get it and for how much price (approx).
    Third, The other problem is the ABS sensor ( for back right wheel ), Can I use ABS sensor for earlier models of Honda Civic, as I m getting one from Chah Sultan market.
    I appreciate there are some good suggestion provided in this discussion.

Thanks for anyone responding to these queries.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kyotoknights View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I bought my Civic 1.8 (2007) 2nd Hand, and actually I was not the direct buyer so I got inherited some problems with that.
    First, I observe some vibrations in the first gear move, after that it disappears, specially, when I am turning the car in the first gear. How could it be checked, because Honda showroom (Peshawar Rd, Rwp) says it has no such suspension problems. Any help?
    Second, I am looking for its original car stereo, can anyone one tell me if from where I can get it and for how much price (approx).
    Third, The other problem is the ABS sensor ( for back right wheel ), Can I use ABS sensor for earlier models of Honda Civic, as I m getting one from Chah Sultan market.
    I appreciate there are some good suggestion provided in this discussion.

Thanks for anyone responding to these queries.
    you can get the indash player from the 2008 oriel for Rs25000 - Rs35000 depending on its condition.
    Its expensive.. i know. But do remember that its of Alpine brand and it looks fantastic in a civic. so it will be money well spent.

im not an expert on ABS but i think they are calibrated to wheel size and car weight and the cars driving dynamics. i would think the older model's abs sensor would not work properly in the new model. better look for a kabli one from the new civic.
    im in karachi so cant advise you on shops in your city.

is your car manual or auto? i couldn't quite understand the vibration problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can get the indash player from the 2008 oriel for Rs25000 - Rs35000 depending on its condition.
    Its expensive.. i know. But do remember that its of Alpine brand and it looks fantastic in a civic. so it will be money well spent.

im not an expert on ABS but i think they are calibrated to wheel size and car weight and the cars driving dynamics. i would think the older model's abs sensor would not work properly in the new model. better look for a kabli one from the new civic.
    im in karachi so cant advise you on shops in your city.

is your car manual or auto? i couldn't quite understand the vibration problem.
    Thanks Faroooch.

Appreciate your response.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@farooq you have very bad experience of honda.ABout three years back the Cooperation ,support and standard of honda service dealers and quality of civic has gone down.Like i was having reborn 07 and had bridgistone factory fitted very good tyres and in 2008 they have started giving shitty eurostars like all other pakistani cars rolla or city.And yesterday i went to the honda citrus fields sargodha and they had a civic in display and i have checked the quality of dash ,steering was low then my civic 07.8th gen manuals are not so good bcoz this car is specially made for automatic transmission.And also they are charging 40k extra above invoice price for that chinese dvd system which we can get from market for 30k.
    Problems i have met
    1Ower windows sometimes malfunction.
    2:Visibility of car is not so good like corolla where we can see its bonnet and park it easily.
    3:It gives jhatka in its prosmatic may be my car was somewhat abused on cng.
    4:The absence of aux and usb support.
    5:NO cruise control (somewhat useless for our country but its usefull on highways)
    6:Mines 07 civic paint quality is better than 10 civic bcoz of quality down
    7eats are really hard.
    8:Very expensive maintenence
    9oor resale value sold after 1 month of ad
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    @farooq you have very bad experience of honda.ABout three years back the Cooperation ,support and standard of honda service dealers and quality of civic has gone down.Like i was having reborn 07 and had bridgistone factory fitted very good tyres and in 2008 they have started giving shitty eurostars like all other pakistani cars rolla or city.And yesterday i went to the honda citrus fields sargodha and they had a civic in display and i have checked the quality of dash ,steering was low then my civic 07.8th gen manuals are not so good bcoz this car is specially made for automatic transmission.And also they are charging 40k extra above invoice price for that chinese dvd system which we can get from market for 30k.
    Problems i have met
    1Ower windows sometimes malfunction.
    2:Visibility of car is not so good like corolla where we can see its bonnet and park it easily.
    3:It gives jhatka in its prosmatic may be my car was somewhat abused on cng.
    4:The absence of aux and usb support.
    5:NO cruise control (somewhat useless for our country but its usefull on highways)
    6:Mines 07 civic paint quality is better than 10 civic bcoz of quality down
    7eats are really hard.
    8:Very expensive maintenence
    9oor resale value sold after 1 month of ad
    1) Use WD-40 weekly. You wont face any problem.
    2) Its all about experience. If you'll drive the car for a month, you'll get use to it and ultimately you'll know how many inches are left.
    3) CNG? And CIVIC 1.8?
    4) I admit. I hate civic for that.
    5) Spend 15000 and get it done.
    6) Maybeee
    7) They are bucket seats. You wont care about their hardness when you floor the accelerator
    8) See where dollar is going. After al you're keeping a REBORN!
    9)Depends upon demand. Not everyone can afford a 1.8l engine. Atlis has more poor resale.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mubeen

thanks for the sympathy mubeen

you see i dont really care if it went down recently or it has been down for the past 20 yrs..

my only problem with Atlas Honda is that i paid 1.75 MILLION rupees and i deserved a car that came with all its nuts and bolts tightened PROPERLY. with NO scratches and dents AFTER the PDI has been done and signed.

after u mentioned, i remembered the "automatic down" feature of the driver window was not working for a few days when my car was ONLY 1 month old. it however fixed itself mysteriously without ANY wd-40 or anu other lubricant..!

ur right abt the paint also...i have noticed an uneven paint finish on the front fenders and bonnet.
    i live in an apartment and see many new cars parked in the basement next to mine..and ive found the paint quality of the new corolla and swift to be really good (i might be wrong..im no expert and this is just my candid opinion)

i dont quite understand how a car can be made ONLY for an automatic transmission..
    Please explain this to me...im curious!

Farooq

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cylestene

to me you seem to be the foremost authority on pakwheels when it comes to 8th gen civics so i have a few questions for you later in my
    Thank you for that respect

After hearing your story, I'm quite shocked. My Civic has been with me for the last 3.5 years now and has been largely trouble free. To me it looks like you were sold a lemon and that can be troublesome especially in a car which has become 10x more complicated than its predecessor (and its a first for Honda as the fit and finish of this car is far better than the previous generations, it feels more upscale than its counterparts).

Allow me to answer your questions and I understand that I'm answering them late but I just read your post a while back:

(1)the cars been driven 3000km so yesterday i decided to clean all my cars filters and check fluids. again i was disappointed to learn that when i opened the glove box and took out the CABIN air-filter tray...it was EMPTY!!! i paid 1.75million for a car and they didn't put a freakin cabin filter! is that the norm for all 8th gen civics or for 2009 models or was it just my car?
    Atlas is not giving cabin filters for some reason; its part of their cost cutting I suppose and is definitely NOT justified for a car which costs this much. I put one in myself when I got the car. You can get them from any Honda dealership in USA, I don't think its sold locally.

(2) what happened to the boot lid insulation (lining)? all the rear lights' wires and number plate nuts and bolts are visible. i suspect this might be contributing to the rattling sound.
    also the plastic enclosures for the pivots/hinges of the boot lid are missing.
    both these items are present in the previous honda city!
    Yet again cost cutting, the hood and boot insulation are totally non-existant in the local model.

(3) i too suffer from a "stiff" 2nd gear even though i drive and change gears very gently and shift at around 2250rpms.
    What exactly do you mean by "stiff" gear? Do you mean its hard to shift into, or out of? The car does have one issue which I believe is drive-by-wire related and thats the slight rev-hang it has around the peak 2nd gear rpm levels. But its barely noticeable, is that what you're referring to?

After all these years here are the issues I faced with my car:

- Sticky driver side window; railing replaced as per TSB in warranty but the issue pops back. The railings are defective to date in all models internationally. Its the design of the railing/track which causes this. It is very much a problem in areas which suffer from dust (especially karachi). WD-40 is the best solution.

- Engine mount (front right) wears out fast. This is the oil filled kind apparently and is delicate. Apparently the khaddas and potholes of Pakistan are too much for it.

- My car's knock sensor went bad and was replaced for 2,500 RS (this was in 2008).

Aside from this the car has been largely trouble free. Especially considering how much I have tinkered around with my car; its been very reliable. To this date it is squeak, squeal, hiss, and clatter free as far as the cabin noise goes. No joints have started squeaking yet.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cylestene
    thanks for the uhhh LATE reply...but thanks none the less...i appreciate it

by stiff i meant its physically difficult to push it into 2nd whether im shifting up from 1st or shifting down from any higher gear or even Neutral!
    this happens occasionally..NOT all the time which confuses me even further and ofcourse WHENEVER i take it to the dealer it doesn't appear in the test drives..which just makes me look like a fool in front of the mechanics!

ahh...i see u got it from abroad..
    i asked all the different shops in plaza if they imported a cabin filter from thailand, malaysia, japan or wherever..but they hadn't heard of it. ur right, the dealer doesn't have it either!
    Indus motors sells one for the new corolla..which i feel is a must for ANY car in pakistan considering the dust and filth we bring into our cars with our feet and the AC recirculation inlet is right by the front passenger's feet.

btw...do u still have that steering for sale? with the cruise control?
    or if u can, could u help me out with a new one and also the schematics of the electronics?
    i also need help in either installing a USB or AUX port into the stock Oriel indash deck.
    i can do a DIY...but i'll need guidance..so any sort of help would be appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by stiff i meant its physically difficult to push it into 2nd whether im shifting up from 1st or shifting down from any higher gear or even Neutral!
    This is very odd as I have -not- faced it and my car is an M/T. There is one thing you could try but I make no guarantees if it will help.

You could try changing your gear oil to something better than what Honda puts in it.

Take a look at this for instance: Gear oil? What? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

See the last post.

btw...do u still have that steering for sale? with the cruise control?
    I ended up keeping my car after certain disappointment issues with the build quality of newer cars. So its still in my car however If you want one I can source one for you.

i also need help in either installing a USB or AUX port into the stock Oriel indash deck.
    i can do a DIY...but i'll need guidance..so any sort of help would be appreciated.
    The Oriels of the first generation didn't come with the indash system but came with the silver kenwood. So I never did this on my car. However I don't recommend a DIY as you can end up damaging the clips which hold the dash in place.

If you want to have it done cheap you could just go to Alpine Maryland in Clifton (near boat basin Jaan's broast [as your location says Karachi]). Talk to Ali over there, tell him Asher referred you and he'll take good care of you. That guy has remarkable fitting skills and has never once scratched my car. He's the only guy I allow to disassemble or tinker with the electronics on my car.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

User Tag List