0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asher

if it was a gear oil issue...wouldn't the transmission give me problems fr all the gears?? not just the second gear? im confused..!
    which oil would u recommend?

im in dha phase 8..so i'll prefer to go to ali whenever i have the time as he's pretty close by.

i KNOW abt the scratches...i ws WITH the honda mechanics inside the working area cz i didnt want them to use flat tipped screw drivers to pull apart my dash from the seams and edges.
    they did however still manege to scratch the steering wheel in 2 places...the AC and ventilation buttons were also scratched..oh...and the best part..the dash was fitted a bit more towards the right and there was a half inch gap between the whole dash and the left door. i complained and they fitted the dash again properly and the gaps between the dash and both doors was reduced.
    on inquiring abt proper tools (constructed from softer plastic than the dash material as to not scratch it) needed to undo the clips to ull apart the dash..they had never heard of them.

i was more interested in the audio button than the cruise control. i dont take it out of DHA or clifton thus the cruise control is pointless if im gonna brake every few hundred feet for signals, breakers and those damn pedestrians who like to do cart wheels on the road out of no where.
    i checked out your post where u were selling the steering and realized the factory deck doesnt have a remote..or even an IR sensor for an after market remote..will the audio buttons still work in my case?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if it was a gear oil issue...wouldn't the transmission give me problems fr all the gears?? not just the second gear? im confused..!
    which oil would u recommend?
    It should not necessarily affect all gears. A lot of people with the third gear grinding problems in USDM Civic Si smoothed out the transmission by changing the fluid if I recall correctly.

I have not changed the gear oil in my car as its been running trouble free. I will be doing that at 30,000KM (still about 5,000 KM left for that). I would suggest you search around a bit for royal purple, I've heard good things about it.

i KNOW abt the scratches...i ws WITH the honda mechanics inside the working area cz i didnt want them to use flat tipped screw drivers to pull apart my dash from the seams and edges.
    ..[SNIP]..
    Which Honda are you going to? I go to Honda South and have not faced such problems there. That may be perhaps that they're aware of how **** I am about my car and scratches in particular.

i checked out your post where u were selling the steering and realized the factory deck doesnt have a remote..or even an IR sensor for an after market remote..will the audio buttons still work in my case?
    For the Oriel deck and even the newer indash integrated LCD decks (Taiwanese) the OEM switches for audio are plug and play.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^pnp still requires a bit of hacking/wiring
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@farooch i didnt know that the cooperation of honda service dealers is that so bad bcoz honda's support images in pakistan was know as the best
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was abt to buy my civic from honda south..most of the paper work was done..just the payorder was left..the sales staff was really curteous.. hwever they didnt have an oriel manual in alabaster silver...so i settled for a granite grey one.
    i tried the sharae quaideen and defence ones too..didnt like the ppl and they didnt have my color either...the defence salesman even asked for a premium and a booking/ delivery time of 45 days where as no other dealer asked for either a premium or more than 4 working days after full payment.

then i happened to cross the sharae faisal dealership and found out they have an oriel manual in silver..so i bought it from them instead as the honda south ppl cudnt arrange it for me.

it was this strange series of circumstances that led me to the sharae faisal showroom..
    they also own the defence wala but i dnt like the ppl there too..plus the sharae faisal ppl know me by name
    now that iv made abt 17 - 18 trips in 10 months and they usually let me into the working area which is cordoned off...so i continued going there.

ill try taking my car to honda south from now on..its the same distance as sharae faisal dealer from where i am in phase 8..plus i found the ppl there to be a little better.

abt the steering mounted audio controls..thanks fr the info.
    my aunt JUST came from the US 2 days ago and she constantly kept asking if i wanted sumthing..
    i cud have easily placed an order online to be delivered to her house.

on the other hand..spending 30 large on just audio buttons is a bit extreme...ill just stretch my hands and reach out fr the buttons! (i read ur post dated jan 2010 on ur "Items for Sale" Thread n found out the buttons alone wud cost Rs30,000)

7. 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Propaganda / advertisement

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    @farooch i didnt know that the cooperation of honda service dealers is that so bad bcoz honda's support images in pakistan was know as the best
    i thought the same thing!!
    ive had similar "after sales" issues with Dewan ppl too.

i owned a new santro for 2 years and still own a KIA Spectra which we bought 8 years ago..both were bought from and maintained by Hyundai Defence owned by Mr Yunus Hashim.

my Spectra's side view mirrors had two different paints..one was painted glossy black and one was left matte blask (plastics original color i guess)
    the spectra also had a dent on the front center of the bonnet...and scratches on the bottom part of the dash!
    this was all present when i took delivery of the car in 2002!

oh..and before the santro we owned a Mehran..its fuel pump was filled with water when we took its delivery and it stopped a few KMs from the showroom.
    So Pak Suzuki isn't any better.

i was too young to remember how the toyota defence dealership was when we owned a corolla in the early 90s.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@farooch you have very bad experience of honda try buying a toyota
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and who says corolla is free of problems?

Interior quality of civic is much better than the corolla which is more prone to these crackling nuts and bolts. A simple opening and closing of doors on both cars reveals the difference in quality

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahaha..@trying toyota instead.

mubeen i dont think its Honda's fault specifically. i feel ALL car manufacturers in Pakistan lack professionalism and apply cost cutting techniques to maximize profits and as a result...the after sales service is HORRIBLE and the car quality also suffers.

no more new cars for now!
    we bought this one in cash..and i contributed 1/3 of the money..so im broke!
    selling it now wud be a huge loss as cars depreciate the MOST in the first year.

my 3rd car which is my personal car is a chery qq.
    when i have enough money, i will sell it because my younger brother and i are thinking of combining our money and buying a second hand 2010 swift.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on the other hand..spending 30 large on just audio buttons is a bit extreme...ill just stretch my hands and reach out fr the buttons! (i read ur post dated jan 2010 on ur "Items for Sale" Thread n found out the buttons alone wud cost Rs30,000)
    You can get just the audio controls for about 16 large.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah no problem yet in my prosmatec.
    J D M'
    Join ( https://www.facebook.com/fsdrides )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There's a problem which i know exists in all civics 2004-2010. Its is that when on a straight road hands off the steering all civics tend to go left. It doesn't remain in straight line. Even if you have same tyre pressure on both front tyres, wheels properly aligned and balanced. I have 2004, 2005 and 2009 model and i see this problem in all of them.
    Any clues??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic and City are available in 5 Speed Auto giving good pick up and nice mileage . Civic has problem of its both front side windows which doesnt go up as it stuck with its rubber. have it fixed under warranty twice but again after some times it gives this issue. otherwise no problem at all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just change the tyre from left to right your problem will be solved for all civics

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i've tried that too. Both the wheel swapping and tyre swapping. None of them worked. Actually i remember asking honda engineer once. He said something about the differential, design flaw or something like that. Im not sure.

18. 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Site Banned

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hanzla View Post
    There's a problem which i know exists in all civics 2004-2010. Its is that when on a straight road hands off the steering all civics tend to go left. It doesn't remain in straight line. Even if you have same tyre pressure on both front tyres, wheels properly aligned and balanced. I have 2004, 2005 and 2009 model and i see this problem in all of them.
    Any clues??
    Thats weird. I remember once i left the steering wheel on M2 at 160kph and car was going straight. No problems at all. change the workshop from where you fix the allignment.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by topgear2010 View Post
    Civic and City are available in 5 Speed Auto giving good pick up and nice mileage . Civic has problem of its both front side windows which doesnt go up as it stuck with its rubber. have it fixed under warranty twice but again after some times it gives this issue. otherwise no problem at all.
    Its only in driver side window in my civic.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

21. 11-08-2010, 11:01 PM

Senior PakWheeler

22. 11-08-2010, 11:15 PM

Site Banned

23. 11-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic has an axel problem plz tell about this members
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fair enough. You've asked for people to share their axle problems, please wait and see what members say. I am going to ask that you do not repeat what happened in the other thread. Reptitive postings will be deleted without a second thought.

Be patient and if there are any members who faced a broken axle issue will come forward.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    My uncle is driving reborn for last three years. No issues so far.

I am driving one for last three months. No issues so far. Not even sticky second gear.

However, I have couple of 'other' issues ... regarding what I got after spending 1.8 million ..... ....
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List