Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    venom1289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti?

    Can anyone tell me the exact engine type and specifications of HONDA CIVIC 2000 Vti?
    I cried because I had no TURBO, until I met a person who had no VTEC

  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    ICEMANKHAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hello guyz u are all wrong the Civic vti 2000 has a D16y6 engine i guess you people hav never read it's owner manual... the exact specs are:

    VTEC

    * Found in
    o 1997-1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan
    o 1996-1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    o 1996-2000 Honda Civic EX (USDM)
    o 1996-2000 Honda Civic SI (Canada Only)
    o 1996-2000 Acura 1.6EL (Canada Only)
    o 1996-1997 Honda del Sol Si
    + Displacement : 1590 cm³
    + Bore and Stroke : 75 mm X 90 mm
    + Compression : 9.6:1 Piston Code2P
    + D16Y8 1.6 16V SOHC VTEC-II PGM-FI 1590
    + 127 hp@6600 rpm 107tq@5500 rpm
    + Head Code : P2P
    + VTEC crossover: 5300 rpm
    + Redline 7200 rpm

  3. #42
    PakWheeler Follow
    ICEMANKHAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondaFanatic View Post
    guys guys guys......... civic 2000 cant give the1.8 a hard time cuz its not as light as u think! i have a city 2000 exis, it weighs 960 kg. the 1.8 civic weighs 1230 kg approx, so the 2000 civic isnt as light as u ppl think........ it must weigh around 1150-1200 cuz the new city i-vtec weighs 1150 kg! surely the 2000 civic cant be lighter than that!!!

    abt the markX n civic, surely everyone knows that MarkX doesnt come with traction control, thats where the civic takes the lead!
    n for the last time, that civic is NOT modified, its the driver behind the wheel who beat that MarkX but thats not the point!
    If you have ever raced a stocked civic 2000 with a 1.8 reborn u'll know the difference the civic vti 2000 does 0-100 in 8.5 secs and the reborn 1.8 does it in 9.2 secs...... civic 2000 will be ahead 3/4 quarter of its body size but once the 2 cars engage 3rd gear after the 100kmph mark the reborn will demolish the civic 2000 then the civic 2000 has no chance of wining.... the top speeds are almost the same 230kmph but the way the reborn 1.8 gets there is quicker than that of the 2000 civic....
    To conclude if you race from 0-100kmph the civic 2000 will beat the reborn 1.8 but if you go beyond th 100kmph mark which is easily breached in a 1/4 mile drag race the reborn 1.8 will win though the civic 2000 will give a hard time for most of the way...

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibabbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rozzzzz View Post
    weight of civic 2000 is 1100kg...auto has a lil more weight then manual

    civic 2000 weight is 1052 or 1050KG

  5. #44
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sirs

    Are you comparing a 6th Gen Civic with a 8th Gen Civic.

    The one with R18 will smoke the other, unless the driver is like my 19 years old brother who lost a race in CA4 Accord on petrol to a Bolan.

    regards
    Readers are Leaders.

  6. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    not all pak D16's are Y6's

    the engine in my 96VTi was a D16Y4 from the factory,.. and it had the same hp rating as the damn EXi!!!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  7. 17-05-2010, 08:16 PM

    Senior PakWheeler


  8. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rozzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    21,925
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    <HR style="COLOR: #c7e2f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c7e2f0" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    we have out run the fastest 1.8 of majid buy our stock 1.6 vti 2004

    not once..every time we raced.....posted the video on FB...will post here sooner

    so 1.6 is quicker then all majid won from....
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

  9. #47
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rozzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    21,925
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    and a 2000 vti of another friend is as quick as that 04 1.6 vti

    u need a well tunned car....
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

  10. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    ICEMANKHAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Its a simple fact that the civic 2000 is the fastest civic compared to all civics apart from the reborn 1.8... its faster than a 2002 and 2005 civic for a couple of reasons its light weight 1050kg while the 2002 and 2005 civic are 1200kg and more for the oriel... but these two have 130bhp compared to 2000 civics 127bhp but the extra 3bhp isnt enough to make them faster... and then there is the issue of aerodynamics the ground clearence for the 2002 civic is 170mm while 2000 civic has 160mm so its lower and the shape is more aerodynamic... Ive seen these cars go head to head many times cuz my dad works in honda...

  11. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    venom1289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^ agreed to icemankhan
    I cried because I had no TURBO, until I met a person who had no VTEC

  12. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    extremefaizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    does any one know what is the BHP of Honda City EXI-S?

  13. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Samialvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,809
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibabbas View Post
    civic 2000 weight is 1052 or 1050KG
    Its not 1050 Kg.. It's near to 1150 Kg !
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

  14. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Samialvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,809
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANKHAN1 View Post
    If you have ever raced a stocked civic 2000 with a 1.8 reborn u'll know the difference the civic vti 2000 does 0-100 in 8.5 secs and the reborn 1.8 does it in 9.2 secs...... civic 2000 will be ahead 3/4 quarter of its body size but once the 2 cars engage 3rd gear after the 100kmph mark the reborn will demolish the civic 2000 then the civic 2000 has no chance of wining.... the top speeds are almost the same 230kmph but the way the reborn 1.8 gets there is quicker than that of the 2000 civic....
    To conclude if you race from 0-100kmph the civic 2000 will beat the reborn 1.8 but if you go beyond th 100kmph mark which is easily breached in a 1/4 mile drag race the reborn 1.8 will win though the civic 2000 will give a hard time for most of the way...
    Seriously you haven't driven a 1.8L Reborn!
    I have a 2000 Civic Vti and i know what its capable of but sir, ur underestimating R18A...! no doubt the 2000 Civic can do 0-100kmh under 9secs but R18A can do 0-100kmh in <=8secs (depends on the driver and condition of car) !!
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

  15. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Samialvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,809
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremefaizan View Post
    does any one know what is the BHP of Honda City EXI-S?
    95 Hp and 127 Nm(Torque)
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

  16. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Samialvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,809
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANKHAN1 View Post
    Its a simple fact that the civic 2000 is the fastest civic compared to all civics apart from the reborn 1.8... its faster than a 2002 and 2005 civic for a couple of reasons its light weight 1050kg while the 2002 and 2005 civic are 1200kg and more for the oriel... but these two have 130bhp compared to 2000 civics 127bhp but the extra 3bhp isnt enough to make them faster... and then there is the issue of aerodynamics the ground clearence for the 2002 civic is 170mm while 2000 civic has 160mm so its lower and the shape is more aerodynamic... Ive seen these cars go head to head many times cuz my dad works in honda...
    Yep, the 7th Gen Civic is a little behind in aerodynamics! but again your underestimating D16W9!! I guess u've driven a prosmatec in which power is limited! try driving a manual 7th Gen Civic u'll know what power is! I'm not saying 2000 Vti is slower, both are almost equal in performance!
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

  17. #55
    PakWheeler Follow
    ICEMANKHAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samialvi View Post
    Yep, the 7th Gen Civic is a little behind in aerodynamics! but again your underestimating D16W9!! I guess u've driven a prosmatec in which power is limited! try driving a manual 7th Gen Civic u'll know what power is! I'm not saying 2000 Vti is slower, both are almost equal in performance!
    They seem equal in power because the 2000 vti has gotten old and it depends on the condition of the engine and transmission the clutch and flywheel!!

  18. #56
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir

    Civic 2000 is only the fastest Civic on paper, in real world it cannot keep up even

    with a Eagle Eye EXI.

    After 5,000 RPM, old civic cant even come close to an Eagle Eye even if it is driven 5K KM.

    Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

  19. 18-05-2010, 06:36 PM

    Senior PakWheeler

    Reason
    Not appropriate for Tech Forums

  20. #57
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir

    Can you email me some more pictures like that on my email address.

    Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

  21. #58
    PakWheeler Follow
    ICEMANKHAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir

    Civic 2000 is only the fastest Civic on paper, in real world it cannot keep up even

    with a Eagle Eye EXI.

    After 5,000 RPM, old civic cant even come close to an Eagle Eye even if it is driven 5K KM.

    Regards
    hahahahahahahahahaa what a joke.... my dad works in honda i know better than anybody which civic is faster maybe u've never seen a race btween the 2... if you want i can give a video of honda testing the eagle eye against the civic 2000..

  22. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibabbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samialvi View Post
    Its not 1050 Kg.. It's near to 1150 Kg !

    I have 6th generation civic including it's owner's manual/user manual.

    see the weight of civic 6th generation in image. it's 1050KG






    BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti? -77462 BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti? -77463

  23. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Samialvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,809
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibabbas View Post
    I have 6th generation civic including it's owner's manual/user manual.

    see the weight of civic 6th generation in image. it's 1050KG






    BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti? - 77462 BHP of Honda Civic 2000 Vti? - 77463
    Your right thanks, I guess I checked some other variants weight maybe
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •