4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Why no Honda Civic R16 here??

was just wondering why Honda Civic isn't available with the R16 engine here. Hondas are currently competing in 1.3 & 1.8 liter category only, they evacuated the 1.5l & 1.6l segment ever since the 1.5 exi & 1.6 vti went out of production. so there is a huge gap which they can cover by offering the R16 civic as an 'option' for the buyers.. also since Corolla Se saloon has gone out of production so even toyotas are not there in the 1.6l category. If Honda launches the Civic with 1.6 R16 engine priced between current City & Civic 1.8, then im sure its gonna attract a lot of buyers and will be an instant hit.. wonder why Honda isn't doing this..

R16A

• Found in:
      • 2007- Honda Civic (Singapore Local Market FD4,Egypt,Turkey)
        • Displacement: 1,595 cc (97.3 cu in)
        • Compression: 10.5:1
        • Bore & stroke: 81.0 mm × 77.4 mm (3.19 in × 3.05 in)
        • Power: 125 PS (92 kW; 123 bhp) @ 6200 rpm Net horsepower
        • Torque: 15.6 kgf·m (151 N·m (111 ft·lbf)) @ 4200 rpm Net

Honda Civic - Admire it, touch it, trust it. Love it.

don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda did give a perfect combination to comfort & power in affordable price in the shape of steermatic in 1.5 category but!!!!!!!!!

This country is strange country steermatic sold under invoice in her last days & eventually died a painful death by the hands of so called knowledge buyers

Its 1 & only type of Pakistan jewel which we can not recognized & Honda stop making this technology.

As it only came in 2006-2007 no other local car match it regarding its sophisticated mechanism & sensing abilities but alas its no more available.
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^accord, mayb u nd other honda fanbois dont agree but steermatic required kharcha. jst like a liana does. dat kinda cars arnt sucesful in Pakistan. coz leine walo ne to lee thein na. it failed becoz of quicker resales. nd people wernt happy abt kharcha part.

nd if u think CNG was the issue, yes mayb it was one of them. but many people still drive on Petrol nd secondly it was never meant for such users.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

accord, mayb u nd other honda fanbois dont agree but steermatic required kharcha.
    What 'kharcha' did it require? You're acting as if you bought one and know a lot about it. If thats the case then please bless us 'fanbois' about the kharchas required?
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ u do have some sources inside Honda pk, why isnt the R16 engine offered here? any idea?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ if they introduced the 1.6L version, the 1.8 wud disappear from the market cuz no one wud buy the 1.8 if they could get a 1.6L engine with all the luxuries offered in the 1.8, who wud pay the extra amount n get a bigger engine which consumed more fuel?although the theory is rite that the 1.8 engine consumes less fuel but us pakistanis dont know the technology n so they wud buy the "kam cc" wala engine which'll consume less fuel! get it?
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ ur right but a low end version doesn't have to be feature rich, like no alloys, no sunroof, no side mirror with turn signals etc.. the high end 1.8 would be there just like the altis.. after all it would boost up the sales

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the response @Cylestyne & @chinyoti

chinoyoti, even If we don't do a routine maintenance on ourself than also we will end up with big Kharcha

so routine maintenance will safe your car from big kharcha

47K on the dial of my steermatic and 115K on my santro by the grace of GOD I never face any "BIG KHARACHA" because I give them respect and maintain high standards of service
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UsmanAnsari

The 1.6L is mostly exclusive to Singapore because of the tax savings (THERE), I'm not sure what other countries it is sold in.

I do know one thing- the fuel economy of the 1.6L and 1.8L is the same; so again whats the point? My "reborn" gives the same mileage that my 1.6L 02, 04 Vtis give (11-12km/l in the City, manual transmission). From what I've read about the R16, its got lesser torque/hp, makes the car feel a bit underpowered and has the same fuel economy.

The price difference in the engines (R16 / 18) would be nominal, its only a matter of smaller bore and stroke, the engine is technically the same. So the cost saving would be minimal as well. I believe Honda is giving consumers a better saving by only having 1 engine.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    What 'kharcha' did it require? You're acting as if you bought one and know a lot about it. If thats the case then please bless us 'fanbois' about the kharchas required?
    bhaiya owned one in family, seriusly i dunt lyk (maring deinge or choriyan until i dunoe the ground realities) altho it wasnt a misery as per Liana shiana nd was a fun to drive car. 40k miles the steering gear system needs to be changed as prescribed by Honda. nd costs alot. CVT system jst lyk Lianas cng system honda people arent prepared for the CVt tranny dats y the CVT trany has been discontinued. these are the feed backs of a owner a close frnd nd a family frnd. who sold it with in 6 months. his driving was a lil too mch nd coverd 40k by then nd the kharcha started showing up.

PS: i dun wana end up having a debate. these are the fact told me by the owner nd the sales man at Honda SITE. mayb u faced a different story dat is if u owned one to.

EDIT: BTW he had bought a used one. used wid a service history maintained at Honda Defence.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UsmanAnsari View Post
    was just wondering why Honda Civic isn't available with the R16 engine here. Hondas are currently competing in 1.3 & 1.8 liter category only, they evacuated the 1.5l & 1.6l segment ever since the 1.5 exi & 1.6 vti went out of production. so there is a huge gap which they can cover by offering the R16 civic as an 'option' for the buyers.. also since Corolla Se saloon has gone out of production so even toyotas are not there in the 1.6l category. If Honda launches the Civic with 1.6 R16 engine priced between current City & Civic 1.8, then im sure its gonna attract a lot of buyers and will be an instant hit.. wonder why Honda isn't doing this..

R16A

• Found in:
      • 2007- Honda Civic (Singapore Local Market FD4,Egypt,Turkey)
        • Displacement: 1,595 cc (97.3 cu in)
        • Compression: 10.5:1
        • Bore & stroke: 81.0 mm × 77.4 mm (3.19 in × 3.05 in)
        • Power: 125 PS (92 kW; 123 bhp) @ 6200 rpm Net horsepower
        • Torque: 15.6 kgf·m (151 N·m (111 ft·lbf)) @ 4200 rpm Net

Honda Civic - Admire it, touch it, trust it. Love it.
    I have also always wondered about the same. Thank you for discussing it here. No one seems to know the answer, which is understandable because there does not seem to be a logic behind not having a presence in the 1.6L segment for both Honda and Toyota.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Cylestyne

thanks for the reply, other than Singapore the Civic 1.6 is available in Turkey & Egypt also
    Turkey:
    :: Honda.com.tr // CIVIC Sedan ::

Egypt:
    CIVIC Specifications

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also as mentioned by someone in this thread, the tax structure here also matters for a customer and the cost of registration & insurance etc for a 1.6 would be different from a 1.8 so in the end i do believe it will attract buyers, and as Proverbial_Slang mentioned, its hard to believe why auto manufacturers of Pakistan left the 1.6 segment all of a sudden which was a playground for both toyota in shape of indus 1.6 gli and se saloon & honda in the form of 1.6vti

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UsmanAnsari View Post
    also as mentioned by someone in this thread, the tax structure here also matters for a customer and the cost of registration & insurance etc for a 1.6 would be different from a 1.8 so in the end i do believe it will attract buyers, and as Proverbial_Slang mentioned, its hard to believe why auto manufacturers of Pakistan left the 1.6 segment all of a sudden which was a playground for both toyota in shape of indus 1.6 gli and se saloon & honda in the form of 1.6vti
    To add something to what you said, everyone must also remember the legendary Baleno GT 1.6.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ i guess the 2 top monopolists moved on to 1.8 and left the 1.6 for the suzuki liana eminent only even then it isnt doing good.. well not to bring suzuki in, the thread is about honda civic 1.6, lets stay clean

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^+1 Baleno was lyk 2000 a 10 yr old story.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yea it was a decade old, but that model has it's place in history. what I'm trying to say here is that if some thing has been sold here before, why not now?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On the similar lines if toyota start assembling Vitz here,it will give Swift,Alto,cultus n santro a tuff competition in the 1 litre cat.sorry 4 being a little off topic
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai dont pass this idea to honda, the end result will be like having a new model with 1.6 litre engine with price = 1 lakh more than 1.8 old model simply because of honda mentality that "its the new model and it should be having higher price than previous model"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nissan sunny is being sold in 1.6L with a comparatively decent price tag along with an Airbag and CNG option also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List