0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 2005 Mileage question

Wanted to know what should be the mileage for my car ? It's on CNG at the moment and I plan to remove it soon. So just wanted to know what should be the mileage of my car. Has done about 65,000 KMs. I don't rev it much either. Around 3500 max.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i get 10/11 km/l in city and 14/15 km/l on highway on my EXI manual 2006(only petrol driven)
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think...Proud owner of HONDA

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wd my 2005 vit orial, me getting(CNG) 80-85Km City n 130 Long
    on petrol 9-10Km in city n 13-14Km long

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for the late reply.

@e105

Sir

Firstly, I am really sorry if I gave you the impression that you don’t care for your car, my statement was a general observation and still I personally feel that Civic owner’s drive their car way more spiritedly then any other corolla, lancer, sunny etc and maintenance/parts & service is expensive comparatively.

Let us make one thing clear, that we are not talking about average in conditions like traffic jams of Karachi (very troublesome & frequent at evening from I.I Chundrigar road to Sharah-e faisal). Nor we are talking about driving above 6,000 RPM (as I often do).

Further, I believe 55kg water capacity means 7-8 kg of CNG (depending on pressure), it means you are getting 11KM/KG, honestly, is that good, and if it is then what’s the purpose of having CNG.

1 Voiding your warranty
    2. Depreciating your Engine’s life.
    3. Putting burden on your rear suspensions all the time.
    4. Waiting in ques to get CNG.
    5. Spending nearly 35-40K, plus more tune-ups that are frequent.
    6. Carrying a hazard in the trunk of your Car.

Theoretically, if I agree that 75-85km is the average of a well kept VTi, what would you suggest for 8th gen Civic with R18 IVTEC 1.8L 140BHP carrying 100kg more (65-75Km), for CL7 (55-65Km) & CL9(45-55Km) having K20 (157BHP) & K24 (197BHP) & another 75 & 70kg more respectively, and those Huge Thailand Camry with 2.4l 2A-FE (35-40km) with 1.4 Plus Tons of weight & lets not talk about Mark X 2.5L 4GR-FSE and 2GR-FE 3.5L and Prado 3RZ-FE 2.7L & 5VZ-FE V6 3.4L.

Let me quote you a figure, 11.5km/l in a mix of city/highway driving, car used 7th Gen 2001 Civic EX AUTO 1.7l VTEC, with 89RON Petrol on full 50 liter tank for 2 yrs straight, that was my brother’s car, mine was the same Civic with DX trim, Manual 1.7l non VTEC 13km/l, Place, Edmonton, Canada, from workplace to home. On highway, I have consistently averaged 15 & 15.5 KM/l @ 100km/hr 3rd gear.

Considering the manufacturing tolerance of Honda PAK, Road and driving conditions, and the fact that engines here are 1.5l & 1.6l respectively with no CAT Converter and noise & emission test to pass, the Fuel economy should be within the range of plus or minus 10%.

All mainstream 4-cylinder engines should give normally 50% more fuel economy (30% at minimum) on per/KG basis compare to 1 liter of petrol.

I have seen threads where people claiming their 1988 E90 Corolla with 2E Carb 12 valve doing 160Km in City, Cuore doing 150-175 KM in 40kg tank, SE Saloon 1.6L doing 100-120KM, Altis 1.8L Doing 90-100Km & 120-140KM (OMEGAS), Cultus doing 150-175KM, are those claims unreliable?.

My 1988 3G(CA4) Accord gives me more then 90km with A/C & around 130km w/o A/C on highway normally, that’s a 21 yrs old A16A1 with 88HP 12 valve CARB & iron block compare to a 3-5 yrs old D16 with aluminum head, higher compression, 16 valve, 3 stage VTEC & almost 127HP on its tap.

Civic is the most fuel economic car regarded in whole world along with Corolla (apart from Hybrids), its Engine won for it many prestigious awards since 1976, to name a few, Japan Car Of The Year (for more then 25 consistent years & all 7 Generations), American COTY, European COTY, Ward’s 10 best engine list, R&T import of the year. It remained 3rd best selling car of America & Canada for 15 consecutive years (after Accord & Camry), and we are arguing that it falls almost 50% behind a 22 year old 12 vlave CARB (Corolla, Accord).

@ aliknju

1996 Exi already has 105BHP non-VTEC and VTI 125HP (at least what Atlas Honda has advertised) with 2 stage VTEC (compare to 108BHP non VTEC & 127BHP 3 stage VTEC for 7th Gen EXi & VTi). 7th gen Civic engine was finished for more refinement, tractability, emissions and robustness rather then raw power.

That is surely a very long post to read, but I am confident & satisfied that I am elaborating something, I am only writing this because I love 7th gen Civic & I believe its way better then the 8th Gen.I do not want to impose anything & we should be open for discussion as long as it is constructive & can be of any use to us.

Kind regards & happy new year to all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all. I know I am going little irrelevant but since Civic owners are here so i want to ask a few questions.

I am planning to go for Civic EXI or VTI both manual. Please share the pros and cons of these cars according to your experiences. Need to make a decision in this week so your urgent replies will b highly appreciated. Thanks and regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Dani80pk

Sir

VTI is in every way superior then EXI, VTI is around 30% more powerful, with ABS Brakes (which can save your life, God forbids, in panic braking, I am a first hand witness of that),15 inch tyres with alloys, keyless entry and driver height adjustment.

Eagle Eye Civic (Facelift which was introduced in September 2004, has a higher resale value), EXI was added with all 4 disc brakes and both EXI & VTI were added with Double beam Headlight, slightly modified bumper with place for fog lamps and improved tail lights and different interior.

VTI can be more fuel economical, if you keep a gentle foot on Gas pedal, and more fuel consuming if you push it too hard.

PROSMATEC is very good for Pakistani conditions, it has a torque converter for saving fuel and smooth shift patterns, reverse gear warning chime, its also more reliable and I think its a best buy.

There are also VTI Oriel (sunroof) and UG (upgrade model) which has leather seat covers (not leatherite).

EXI or VTI check the car very thoroughly before buying & it will save you from a lot of trouble.

Check particularly, Steering (power steering pump motor & rack), Suspensions (should not have irregular height), Gearbox and Engine.

You are welcome for any other queries.

Kind regards & happy new year.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@959. Thanks alot for your valuable input. What are the things that i should check in particular while buying a civic. Secondly, i am more inclined towards manual than prosmetic (in either EXI or VTI). What mileage benefit I can get if i remain in manual category. I currently have baleno 99, which gives around 15-16km/l without A/c. Should I expect the same from an EXI (manual). I have also heard that civics are known for their costly maintenance. How far this is true. Thanks and regards, Happy new year to you too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PROSMATEC is the gem of crown, once you have driven an AUTO Civic, you will never go for manual, 15-16km/l is only possible on smooth highways for a very well maintained civic.

around 10-13 km /l should be the normal fuel economy you will get from Civic within city.Civic is in different class, a 1.5l(Exi, 109HP) & 1.6l (VTI, 127HP).Compare to 1.3l 80Hp of Baleno, you cant expect same with them.

Regarding Maintenance, Civic is a very well built car and it does not require any special maintenance (apart from which is written in owner's manual), but then again it all depends on how it was kept and who was the previous owner.

Just look for a well maintained, office car (preferably Honda 2s or 3s), low mileage, no or less after market parts, look for under body rust, and any squeaks and rattles sounding from chassis or suspensions.

Civic has one of the best manual gearbox in all Japanese cars, if you are expert and enjoy shifting yourself, you will love it.

you will at most get 10-15% of fuel benefit from manual, again depending on your driving style, but you have to keep your foot on clutch and juggling with it all the time in heavy traffic jams and rough roads of metropolitan cities.

You can also post the picture on thread before buying.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx once again for the reply. Now that I have enough info abt my query, I would like to know that for how much I can find a good 2003-04 civic, EXI or VTI (both manual). Also if any one is interesting to sell their's, pls do pm me. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

750,000-850,000 for 2003-2004 Exi, Vti (before facelift), 800,000-950,000 for September 2004 and after (Eagle Eye).

I would recommend you to go for Vti & Eagle Eye, if possible.

Search Pakwheel Used Cars section & also read Dawn Classified & Jang Classified.

I will also let you know, if I found a good Civic.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have Civic Exi 2005 and i Love it!
    Following are the reasons due to which i Love this car........
    1. Superb Smooth Drive.
    2. Gear Shifting is Easy(u can shift gears very fastly)
    3. The Car is very Reliable.
    4. Awesome Handling and Road Grip.
    5. Mind Blowing Fuel Average.
    6. Powerful Responsive Engine.
    7. Stunning Looks.
    8. Braking is Excellent.
    9. Very Comfortable(u will even not get tired after an 18 hrs long journey, i.e. my own experience)
    10.Driving Position is Admirable.

Overall a great car, i have this car for the last 4 years and i simply Love it and dont ever want to sale it!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thankyou guys both of you. I have looked some cars but the ones coming in budget were not upto the mark (accident, engine weartear etc). and those, which i liked were far out of my budget. If you guys come across any good car pls do let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Dani80pk

Sir

One of my friend has a 2005 December EXI PROSMATEC in outstanding condition, Honda South Maintained (65,000Kms), imported Pirelli P6000 15 inch tyres with imported rims, Fog lights, DvD player with AMP & SUB, Lendi Renzo CNG, Leatherite seat cover, in Metallic grey colour.

His demand is around 1 million (accepted by Honda South).

You can let me know, if you are interested.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VTI Prosmatec

I have VTI Prosmatec
    On Petrol (City) : 8.5km/l @3000 RPM
    On Petrol (long) : 12km/l @3000 RPM

On CNG (City) : 75-85km/l
    On CNG (long) : 140-160km/l

manual transmission on petrol will give you 9-10km/l in city.

I have tested the mileage with all adjustments...it always remain same.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    @ Dani80pk

Sir

One of my friend has a 2005 December EXI PROSMATEC in outstanding condition, Honda South Maintained (65,000Kms), imported Pirelli P6000 15 inch tyres with imported rims, Fog lights, DvD player with AMP & SUB, Lendi Renzo CNG, Leatherite seat cover, in Metallic grey colour.

His demand is around 1 million (accepted by Honda South).

You can let me know, if you are interested.

Regards.

Yar. 1,000,000 is beyond my reach. I can spend at most 800,000. Hope you'll find one in good condition. I think given the amount, i'll be able to get a good late 2003 model. Any way, thanx alot for your effort.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

Have you checked sunday DAWN & JANG Classified.

You will find many good cars, I will recommend for VTI, we can discuss again before you finalize your purchase.

Best of luck.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List