0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Performance mods for Civic Eagle Eyes

Soo .... was planning to do some mods on the car. Its a vti prosmatec 2005. Any ideas guys ? NO ENGINE SWAP PLEASE. lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vyrus: When you say your dad's gonna kill you if he finds out that you killed the virginity of the car, does that mean you would have to take his permission for performance mods.

Anyhow, basic mods would require you to get a nice set of plugs and wires. probably irridum and 9.5 mm wires. You can add on an MSD for better sparking. 4-2-1 headers should be good for exhaust along with an after market intake. 2-2.5" piping and a nice exhaust would be good.
    Since you have an obd-2, you cannot chip the ECU. Here you can go for a piggy back......vafc2. You can run the car fuel rich and toggle vtec switchover and gain a little power. All this stuff would probably cost around 45-75k depending on whether if its branded or not + brand new or used stuff.

Now if you want some serious gains, you can also go for turbo. D-series is quiet reliable and the stock inetnals can handle a good 6-8psi without any upgrades. Here you would need a turbo, piping/ headers, wastegate, intercooler, wastegate, blow off valve, and a few things here and there.

Needless to say, this is a bottomless pit, where you can spend more and more and it wont be enough.

Based on Karachi street conditions, traffic sense among people, and fuel prices, i would only suggest that you stick to the na stuff, throw in a nice bodykit, projector headlights, 17's, and you're good to go.

Best would be a B16a setup, which fits without any alteration and you would really feel a difference. It would cost you about 100-135k for a good swap which would be fast, reliable and well worth it.

Make an informed decision so you dont regret it. If you share the car with someone/ family, dont mod it. If its your baby, and you know a little bit about performance mods, go for it. Choice is yours.

All the best!!!!!!!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shrm1 View Post
    @vyrus: When you say your dad's gonna kill you if he finds out that you killed the virginity of the car, does that mean you would have to take his permission for performance mods.

Anyhow, basic mods would require you to get a nice set of plugs and wires. probably irridum and 9.5 mm wires. You can add on an MSD for better sparking. 4-2-1 headers should be good for exhaust along with an after market intake. 2-2.5" piping and a nice exhaust would be good.
    Since you have an obd-2, you cannot chip the ECU. Here you can go for a piggy back......vafc2. You can run the car fuel rich and toggle vtec switchover and gain a little power. All this stuff would probably cost around 45-75k depending on whether if its branded or not + brand new or used stuff.

Now if you want some serious gains, you can also go for turbo. D-series is quiet reliable and the stock inetnals can handle a good 6-8psi without any upgrades. Here you would need a turbo, piping/ headers, wastegate, intercooler, wastegate, blow off valve, and a few things here and there.

Needless to say, this is a bottomless pit, where you can spend more and more and it wont be enough.

Based on Karachi street conditions, traffic sense among people, and fuel prices, i would only suggest that you stick to the na stuff, throw in a nice bodykit, projector headlights, 17's, and you're good to go.

Best would be a B16a setup, which fits without any alteration and you would really feel a difference. It would cost you about 100-135k for a good swap which would be fast, reliable and well worth it.

Make an informed decision so you dont regret it. If you share the car with someone/ family, dont mod it. If its your baby, and you know a little bit about performance mods, go for it. Choice is yours.

All the best!!!!!!!!
    well he does know im modding some stuff and he did ask me what i was up to. I told him about the intake, exhaust, the projectors i got installed and he said its fine. I asked about an engine swap and he was like , so i assumed i'd be dead if i got the engine opened or something lol.
    well about the b16 and stuff, reason im not upgrading the engine is because ill be buying another car for hardcore modding, THAT will be totally for mods. This car I drive daily, and ermm dad has control over it so you know lol ... can't do much with it. Although it's mine (no one else drives it except me, not even TOUCH it.)
    75k seems alot for some small-time modding lol ... I can do around 50k max for now. Projectors with HIDs i already have. Looking for performance stuff now. I'd stay away from turbo for now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

turbo in this model of civic is not all a wise.If u want to turbo charge then go for boltonn kitt otherwise u can pull max 5 6psi.
    in 50K basic N/A with nitrous thts it
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much does the bolton kit cost ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for na setup and fuel pump,msd ignition and ur good to go and save money so that u can geta turbo into ut new car and get a b16b in it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ can u please explain how can we install msd ignition in independent coiled engine
    for boltonn turbo kit better google it ur self lolz find 1 for d17s as this d16w9 was only designed for us
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List