Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CNG in Civic Reborn Prosmatec 2008?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CNG in Civic Reborn Prosmatec 2008?

Hello,

Can you people help me should I install CNG in my Civic i-Vtec Prosmatec 2008 model? The car is great but my petrol expense is way over the top due to high running that I have to do daily. I'd really appreciate feedback of civic owners who have installed CNG in their car. Does it gives problems on automatic gear civic cars?

I searched a lot on this forum but there's no relevant topic I could find on performance of CNG in automatic Civics. I heard CNG in city vario doesnt work, but some people have suggested me that CNG works fine in civic.

Appreciate your feedback....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Dani80pk

What the point of having a car worth 1.5 million approx while keeping it for often n on drives. Most of the people can carry only one car and eventually they need to use it for all their commutation. If one can keep two cars, one for daily use and other luxury for limited use, then hopefully he/she has no issues with petrol prices.

Hope you understand the point

@Khurem

If you need any help for the installation, do let me know at 0321-9243453.

The up front cost for CNG installation should not go beyong 40-42K, if you need any assistance call me.

Best regards / Asif
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using CNG on 05 prosmatic from last 1 n half year, all those guys who told you that you need to get best kit and you need to tune it properly are 100% correct.

With improper tuning i used to get around 80 km / cylinder and now i easily get around 120-130 mark.

The pleasure of driving can never match petrol but when i see the figure of around 2.80 rupees per km, it satisfies me a lot because its fairly cheap and at the end of day you are still driving civic (only slowly as rash driving will throw the economy out of window)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Yaar ill recommend u to buy some santro or second hand cultus for your daily running. keep your civic on petrol and use it for long drives or occasions. Dont spoil your car.
    he says right u should buy a second hand car few days back my father also planning to fitt cng on our 1.8l altis but our machnic give this advice like this bro said we buy second hand alto about 3 days ago
    Who are you to judge the life I live? Try to walk in my shoes and you'd fall at the first step. .............. ( han1911 )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Yeah, himat ker k 4 ya 5 lakh nikal lo. u can get a cultus or santro that too cng fitted. use it anywhere u want.

Advantages

1) You civcs milege will increase with snails speed.

2) your civic will be less prone to any daily damages and dents.

3) Even if some bika wala or rikshay hits u then u can go to any mechanic instead of taking your car to honda people who suck bucks!

Conclusion,

Your need is satisfied, and your Civic stays a tower of power with maximum resale value and LIFE!

Regards
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its ur car u can do what u want as when you buy it you have in mind to convert into CNG, then why wasting time over here go n enjoy cng ride
    Reality is Just An Illusion !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic is a luxury car and the rich ppl can afford it for daily use we cant afford it we use it only for long trips we bought new altis for 2 months ago and in 2 months its do 1658km now we baught alto and can do daily works on alto if u wants to ride smothly then on petrol nothig else otherwise its ur ride
    Who are you to judge the life I live? Try to walk in my shoes and you'd fall at the first step. .............. ( han1911 )

x2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

khurem about your asking how to get to the best tuning I will say that you will have to do a little experimentation and even perhaps learning the art of tuning (merely adjusting two nuts) yourself. May not be needed.

My car, originally was bought buy a relative who took it to Lahore. After a month he told me that the cars mileage on CNG is driving him crazy, like 70+ km per cylinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He used to have a 2.0D and he said that mileage costs have increased instead of decreasing.

Anyway he could not get the mileage down no matter where he went for tuning and ultimately told me to get to car back to Islamabad and sell it. I brought the car back to Islamabad and decided to keep it myself that was when it was giving poor mileage. I did not change anything at all. Just went to 3 - 4 guys and tried various settings and bingo was very pleased with the result (as listed earlier).

So you may experience the same as my relative experienced or you might be lucky enough to get a good adjustment like I did. Perhaps it is luck but I tell you keep faith. I am 100% sure that even the new 1800 cc VTEC engine should still give you < Rs.4/km in the average case, if I compare with my city's average mileage and increase it by 40% as engine is 40% bigger. But I know increase in engine size does not reflect increase in costs linearly!

Leave everything aside. You will ultimately get savings. If you drive so much that you can breakeven with the cost of the cng system in less than a year, I will say go for it.

I do not remember the site but a while ago while reading some car related stuff on an american website I came across a sentence which surprised me. They believe that CNG performs and takes care of the engine much better. Ah I remember now. It was perhaps on CNN under the title of people with more than 200,000 miles on one engine to share their experience. Among them someone said that he ran his car on CNG!!!!!!!!! Now where will you put all those who say that CNG ruins the engine!!!!!!!
    Perhaps the reader can try a net search to check it.

Best of luck.

x2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

khurem another word of caution and advice.

CNG installed engines heat more a bit so never be lazy with regards to 1) liquid in radiator, 2) engine oil change and level.

BE VERY PARTICULAR about engine oil level. We once got an engine of a coure ruined because the engine oil level was too high. It expanded after a trip to a level that it seeped into the engine and out of seals!!!! And the fault was that a non-technical person put that oil.

But by these words of caution do not think it is too much of a problem switching to CNG. I rarely does anything at all (like not even getting my car washed in a year's time!!!! (pun intended)) with regards to maintenance.

And I rarely take my car for any tunning at all in a years time. Keep running it on CNG, when 5000 km are done, take it to Honda, switch to petrol a km or earlier from the service centre and after the service switch back to CNG. Simple!

And yes I remember another thing which I forgot to mention till now. Perhaps because I drive a manual city now. When the tunning was not optimum in my prosmatec its shifting used to be distinctly jerky. I used to have the best shifting with the best tunning. Remember my claim, best tunning gives you best of everything.

Again, best of luck. And remember always ask for advice from a few chosen ones! Do not go for polling whenever deciding upon anything in your life. Recite "Alla humma khirli wakh tur li" a lot and ask Allah (SWT) for guidance in your prayers as well, even in matters of CNG! Yeah who else can do what he wishes! Remember Sahaba were taught to ask about the lace of the shoes from Allah SWT. We have forgotten that.
    The sequence for any choice (of course if it is not between haram and halal but two halal things) should be:

1. Ask for guidance from Allah, in prayers. Best if you can say two separate rikats for it. That is Salat ul Hajat. In the dua ask Allah to guide you to the right decision.
    2. Recite the above dua a lot. Do not need to be in wuzu etc. Anywhere, anytime.
    3. Ask a few appropriately skilled people to give their advice.
    4. At the end evaluate with all your logic (the aqal Allah has given) about the pros and cons of the thing and choose the one that you feel is the best.

Some people will argue that if it is 4th point then why bother about the first 3! we will say that obviously Allah (SWT) wont email you or send a letter or an angel to explain. When one asks for guidance, He provides it through means He knows. He put the best choice in your heart, everyone you ask may point to one direction, and even if everything flips, the bad choice ultimately wont happen at all no matter what you do.

Have faith!

May Allah helps you. Ameen

x2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

khurem, just noticed that you are almost as old on PW as I am.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes cng ruins the engine is a myth ^^

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i feel sorry for the 1.8 i-VTech...tch tch tch
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^cng ruins the engine maybe a myth...but CNG RUINS THE COMPLETE CAR, this is very true. i committed the stupid act of installing cng in my 06 Civic Auto and regretted it from day two (first day, of course was spent in adjustments, gas filling and thinking of money saving). the car simply lost all it had...no drive, no smooth gear change, refill almost everyday, long queues, low pressure on motorway, different quality of cng from different citys, installing of rear spacers for height increase all played havoc with me. ultimately i quit using cng and drove the car on petrol before selling it off

next time i had learnt my lesson
    bought a brand new 2009 VTi Prosmatec and a Suzuki Mehran
    i use Mehran for daily stuff like bazar, rush hours, hauling of ration and goods for the household, driving lessons to my wife, parking in tight places in saddar/satellite town
    use my civic for the weekends,long drives or just whenever i feel like but
    NO..NEVER SWITCH TO CNG
    drive less, cut ur trips, buy a 2nd small car but dont abuse the R18 with CNG!!
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilal sb
    who suggested you to install CNG in an auto car, that was certainly not a wise decision, its fine to put CNG on manual car, but your current approach is very wise to keep a small car aside for all the taking.

x2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People often have bad experiences with the finest of its class things. These are outliers. Whenever, decisions are made, outliers are not considered. I mean one can be very happy with a Civic all his life and it is possible one had a hell of a time with an expensive mercedes. So should we conclude civic is better than mercedes?

Check this link: Car dealer sues Mercedes as $1.7 million CLK-GTR wont travel 10 blocks - Casanova Cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Yaar ill recommend u to buy some santro or second hand cultus for your daily running. keep your civic on petrol and use it for long drives or occasions. Dont spoil your car.

soo 4-5lacs tum de rahe hoo for santro or cultus?? agar bhai civic 5 saal mai band bhi hogai tu itna kharcha nahi hoga jitna ek aur gari laker usko rakhnay ka hoga aqal ki baatien kai keroo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurem View Post
    That's not a good logic. There's not much relation between affording a civic and affording petrol costs. Buying a civic is not exactly an expense, it's more like an investment, something you will recover later on when u'll ultimately sell the car, albeit at a discount to the purchase price. However, spending money on petrol is a direct expense, something you can really save.

If CNG can cut my monthly fuel expense to half (as compared to petrol), then roughly I can save 10,000 Rupees per month, which is a lot of money to waste every month.

exactlyyyyy per month 10k save kerna its mean saal k 120k tu banda itne mai civic ki theek thaak care ker sakta hai haar lehaaz se

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother if u r still in a problem then call me . inshAllah i will satisy u ............ 0321-4430780

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have CNG in my civic Eagle Eye 2005 Manual and it works fine..but the engine starts to depreciate faster....
    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i run my 09 civic on blended fuel only ( Hi-Octane + normal unleaded fuel). My friends who also have 1.8 civic says that my car runs better and is more smooth.

Honda recommend 93 octane value fuel as ideal for civic. I think our normal petrol is 86 octane value fuel. which is already lower than recommended. CNG might save to money in the short term, but in long term u will be losing a lot more. also u will hav a poor driving pleasure.

I know Civic is no Super car, but we did paid nearly 2 million for it right?. so why not enjoy it?.

get a tank full of Hi-octane just once,and also drive somebodies civic which is on CNG, i sure will atleast leave ur car on normal petrol.
    ***** i hate quotations, tell me something you KNOW *******

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indeed a very informative topic... n thanks to x2 for sharing some good info and experience especially the salat - hajat wali baat...

I am planning to buy Toyota Altis Cruisetronic soon... I wa swondering if that car does fine if you convert it to CNG...so wasn't sure...found this topic...from what i 've read in all the above posts i think i can safely say that converting the altis to CNG won't do much harm IF oc course the maintenance is done in routine...right???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List