5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Difference b/w JDM and PDM Civic

First of all guys it took me 10 minutes to choose the most appropiate section for this thread. I dont understand why mods have terminated the "General Auto Discussion" thread. There are things which donnot have specific type or what ever u can call.

Anyways comming back to the topic. I have had an arguement with one of my friend. He was claiming that PDM civic is a junk especially when it comes to safety. As in it will suffer more damage incase of any accident where as the same model of JDM one will not. He himself owns a JDM vitz so he was pretty much confident that his vitz can smash civic hard.

With this arguement, i went to honda city sales GM and i asked him couple of questions and his answers were:

1) PDM civic has only one thing which is local and that are "tyres". Apart from this even the stickers of ABS and green sun visor sticker is imported from abroad. Let alone bolts and nuts.

2) Only the assembling is done in lahore where as software and all are imported aswell.

3) Apart from cruise control, 4 less airbags and SATNAV there is no difference in PDM and JDM civic. The chassis of both variants are engineered to their best and the collision testing results are IDENTICAL.

4) Even the glass is imported too [ie. SAINT GOBAIN]

Well that was the GM of honda city sales showroom. What experts have to say? Like are JDM cars that GOD GIFTED? Civic in specific?

Please note iam talking about JDM, not the USDM which has lane assist and bla bla. Its a different chassis with same engine.

Thanks and forgive me if this is the wrong section.

R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fit/finish is inferior to JDM but its not noticeable by a person who has not driven a JDM.
    The fit an finish is almost identical. I've had the "pleasure" of trying out the JDM imported version of the Civic Hybrid. There is no difference in the fit and finish. The only things missing are really what have been pointed out:

- air bags (though the base model is dual srs in Japan)
    - interior color options (ours is strictly beige and dark grey)
    - element filter (who knows why Atlas doesn't put this thing in?)
    - crappy eurostar tires in the newer Civics
    - cruise control (optional in Japan)
    - Satnav? But this is debatable since sat/nav is now an option in the PKDM Civic.

And someone here mentioned the price for the Civic is unjustified. Please tell me how it is so when its 99% at par with the world price of the car? $22,360 is what the top of the line model costs here. Compared to $24,000 elsewhere.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A few weeks back I was at Honda Pit Stop. The owner has JDM Civic and I asked him abt the differences b/w PDM and JDM. He told me there is hellluva difference for example, the seats and Seat Covers...Air bags etc..but the most important one was the larger discs used in JDM if compared with PDM. He even showed me the different sizes of those discs too!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Thats strange, I imported slotted and drilled discs for my Civic back in 2008 from Japan. They were identical to what we have here in size.

Maybe what he showed you were off a different car.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ah wait, I think I know what he showed you. There's also a 2.0 Civic in Japan that has slightly bigger discs. Those are what he showed you. The 1.8L model has identical discs worldwide (OEM Stock)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Cylestine I am not sure about the engine specs but I'll confirm with him when I'll visit the pitstop again for my car's next oil change and will let u know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ I am 100% positive its a disc off a 2.0L (K20A) engine. The R18A engine has the same disc spec world wide.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is also a difference of automatic climate control system