Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda civic Automatic Transmission Fluid Colour

Hello All! ,

I have honda civic VTI 2006 , 56,000 KM on dial ,auto tranny. today I checked if the oil is in OK state , may need to change or top-off a lil.

What surprised me is the colour of the oil its kindda yellowish and not Red as I think supposed to be.
    All ATF's are usually comes in Red colour , I just want to share it with you guys. I bought this car used and drove about 15,000 km. should I change the oil immediately or continue using it , it looks good , almost full to the mark ,no fine particles in dip stick. as far as I know hond is very perticular about using Honda ATS's , can I use ZIC DEX-III or some other brand ,Kindly suggest

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro u shud change the oil now, max life of ATF is 40k kms... so urs is now due to be changed.i recently got oil changed for my honda city, saw both ATF and MTF, as mine is manual, i bought MTF which was yellow or u can say golden in color,also saw ATF and it was reddish in color... i think the last owner of ur car changed the oil n used MTF instead... cant be sure though.... but do get it changed now...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw, how did u check the oil? is there a dip stick prosmatec transmission? my manual idsi has no dip stick, u just open a nut and put ur finger into the chamber to feel if the level of oil is upto the mark... this kinda sucks...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as far as color is concerned i would agree with ahmad ATF is definitely red in color but changing ur Transmission oil on 40K is i think very early.....i have 2004 vti AT and it has done 72K but its transmission oil color is still pure red....and ahmad brother AT always provided with dip stick in transmission block....manuals dont

@ bkid brother r u experiencing any kind of prob with ur gears??..i mean any jerk, delay in shifting etc??....even if not i would say u should change ur transmission oil with some good ATF, just to be at safe side...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry i'm not sure.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And all of you are wrong, giving suggestions about which u guys are not sure. Please confirm before commenting something technical.

Honda's original ATF, PSF are infact light yellow/whitish in color. It comes in white color bottle and original manufacturer is "Caltex". 1 ltr bottle costs Rs. 750/-. Though i found ZIC better than the original one. Just here to tell u the fact.
    Suggestions required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for all your comments! yes I changed it with Zic Dexron III or something 380/- per bottle . pour 3 bottles in it and now the drive is much better absolutely no shifting jerks infact its hard to detect when it shifts ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zish16 View Post
    as far as color is concerned i would agree with ahmad ATF is definitely red in color but changing ur Transmission oil on 40K is i think very early.....i have 2004 vti AT and it has done 72K but its transmission oil color is still pure red....and ahmad brother AT always provided with dip stick in transmission block....manuals dont

@ bkid brother r u experiencing any kind of prob with ur gears??..i mean any jerk, delay in shifting etc??....even if not i would say u should change ur transmission oil with some good ATF, just to be at safe side...
    U r giving ur transmission a real tough time then, and consider urself lucky if its still going on widout a problem... but if u want it to be good for long, change the oil immediately, as 40k kms is the limit honda guys mention in their owner manual.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zish-double kaam ly rahe ho bhai, change it as soon as possible, pay few hundred rupees nw orelse in future your tranny will get damaged!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir

Honda civic Automatic Transmission Fluid Colour -73878

Do change your oil as soon as possible, stick to Honda, NEVER use another brand, if Honda ATF is not available, use a good quality DEXRON III or DEXRON II, ZIC is good.

RegardsHonda civic Automatic Transmission Fluid Colour - 73878
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam bros... i owned a AUTO TRANSMISSION car recently but dnt know how to maintain its auto tranny oil.... sombdy help me....as ppl said to me dnt change the gear oil just if it decreases pour more into it then....i dnt know what to do....on its dip stick written COLD,,HOT... plz help...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    salam bros... i owned a AUTO TRANSMISSION car recently but dnt know how to maintain its auto tranny oil.... sombdy help me....as ppl said to me dnt change the gear oil just if it decreases pour more into it then....i dnt know what to do....on its dip stick written COLD,,HOT... plz help...
    If ur car has done 40,000kms on that oil, do get it changed.just go to honda/toyota/suzuki or which ever car u have, go to the authorized dealers and ask them to change the "gear oil" . Make sure they put in ATF ( automatic transmission fluid) . fluids for automatic and manual cars are different.so get the oil changed. if u are not sure how much ur car has done on this oil but u havent changed it lately, i wud suggest u to get it changed so that u dont risk the transmission.
    The HOT and COLD marks u talking about.They are to check the level of Oil.If the oil is cold when u are checking it , like early morning before u start ur car, then u shud use the COLD mark as a standard, the oil shud be upto COLD mark, if u r checking the oil after driving ur car or when the oil is hot, then the standard is HOT mark n u need to see it.

Never think that u just need to pour in more oil if u see it decreasing, like engine oil, gear oil also gets dirty and looses viscosity due to which it doesnt retain its property to reduce friction.so u DO have to change it after a certain time/milage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is wat the original honda MTF looks like.Costs 650rs for one litre, 2 ltrs used for honda city idsi manual.Honda civic Automatic Transmission Fluid Colour -73923

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks ahmad bro.... i ll change it becoz i dnt know how much it done....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List