Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry civic vti pros. 02 cooling problem

hey guys..
    i m having cooling problem with my car ac..i bought it about two months ago..i just got my radiator and condenser cleaned...and filled up with new gas..but cooling was not up to the mark..in peak hours it hardly cools..the mechanic who filled the gas is saying that the gas is leaking from oil seal(strange, if oil seal is leaked then how come gas is still in there)and he pushed more gas..and after that ac started tripping very quick with no effect in cooling..then i consulted another mechanic he said that the gas is having more quantity of oil so he leaked some gas from nozzle,this fixed the tripping problem but not cooling and then a third mechanic charged some more gas and now better cooling than before but not that much..please help
    regards
    usman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to go to a better AC shop with some local knowledge.

There are two important things to remember: the system must be checked for leaks before any refrigerant is added, and a proper amount of refrigerant with the correct ratio of lubricant oil must be used to refill it.

This requires a workshop with the proper tools: an evac pump, leak tracer dye and UV light, refrigerant machine and a full set of pressure guages for the high and low-pressure sides.

I am sure somebody with local knowledge will help you find a good workshop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go straight from mc donalds near Allah Wala chorangi in karachi.... there are famous ac walas atleast 5 to 6 on left side adjacent to the bridge.
    Dont Work Hard, Work Smart...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m in rawalpindi..suggest me if anybody knows any good workshop here..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in Rawalpindi then go to Gulzar-e-Quaid, & search all the A/c technicians, they will do the work very good in cheap rates..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Consult Honda work shops atleast once before u go to different mechanics and all of them tell u different stuff.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    You need to go to a better AC shop with some local knowledge.

There are two important things to remember: the system must be checked for leaks before any refrigerant is added, and a proper amount of refrigerant with the correct ratio of lubricant oil must be used to refill it.

This requires a workshop with the proper tools: an evac pump, leak tracer dye and UV light, refrigerant machine and a full set of pressure guages for the high and low-pressure sides.

I am sure somebody with local knowledge will help you find a good workshop.
    I doubt any local a.c mechanics have that kinda tools, they still check leaks with surf wala pani. If they dont find anything then the cooling coils is gone.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the system should be cleaned and flushed and the cooling fans checked also. BTW what are your line pressures on a hot day in the shade?

post the pressures here and we'll go ahead from that - low cooling with apt gas can be a blocked dryer too or just plainly ineffecient condenser cool down

The one thing also to have checked is the expansion block on the evaporator coil - if its not functioning correctly you will have no cool air
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar..
    bro im not a technical person so did not understood the terms u mentioned above..please explain in simple words..and suggest me weather i should go to honda workshop or this problem can be fixed by a local shop?
    regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go to a very good A/C shop - one whose foreman is willing to share some reason with the A/C not cooling - NOT that "iss ko service ke zaroorat hai"

make him explain why its not cooling - if he does, he's good and for sure I'll do business with him. The regular asswipes will just try to shove chillies in your eyes.

The simple terms of my post is

start your A/C - and pop the bonnet, check your cooling fans of the radiator - they should be blowing at full speed - feel the thick (suction) line going into the compressor from the evaporator - it should be frosted or near frosted, the thinner line (liquid) should be slightly warm to touch or even no temperature difference to the atmosphere.

Get on your knees and check the condenser fins for blockage or see if they are entirely missing - in which case you are packed up for a new condenser (big kharcha)

if your lines are like what I mention and still have no cooling - your HVAC unit in the dashboard is malfunctioning - if the line temps are way out of spec - you have a thermal effeciency drop and need to have the system checked, cleaned, flushed and refilled
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    I doubt any local a.c mechanics have that kinda tools, they still check leaks with surf wala pani. If they dont find anything then the cooling coils is gone.
    I am sure there are many shops properly equipped with the right instruments and trained mechanics. I found them in Lahore and Islamabad ages ago, and I know things have progressed tremendously in Pakistan since then.

"Seek and ye shall find."

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    go to a very good A/C shop - one whose foreman is willing to share some reason with the A/C not cooling - NOT that "iss ko service ke zaroorat hai"

make him explain why its not cooling - if he does, he's good and for sure I'll do business with him. The regular asswipes will just try to shove chillies in your eyes.

The simple terms of my post is

start your A/C - and pop the bonnet, check your cooling fans of the radiator - they should be blowing at full speed - feel the thick (suction) line going into the compressor from the evaporator - it should be frosted or near frosted, the thinner line (liquid) should be slightly warm to touch or even no temperature difference to the atmosphere.

Get on your knees and check the condenser fins for blockage or see if they are entirely missing - in which case you are packed up for a new condenser (big kharcha)

if your lines are like what I mention and still have no cooling - your HVAC unit in the dashboard is malfunctioning - if the line temps are way out of spec - you have a thermal effeciency drop and need to have the system checked, cleaned, flushed and refilled
    This is excellent advice. Thank you for helping out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar..
    today i went to honda center and told them about less cooling problem..after half an hour they told me that it was wiring problem with compressor(which i suppose totally bogus) and handed me 500rs bill(i think for the tang glass they offered me =) )...

after reading ur post i checked my system..the thick(suction) pipe was nearly frosted..and the thin pipe was hot(not warm)..then i checked my condensor fins..and they appear fine to me...
    now cant say any thing about dashboard pannel..!

anyone here who can suggest me a good ac workshop in rwp/isb?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman

So did honda guys solved ur problem??or they charged u 500 just for diagnosis??
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanashraf1 View Post
    @xulfiqar..
    today i went to honda center and told them about less cooling problem..after half an hour they told me that it was wiring problem with compressor(which i suppose totally bogus) and handed me 500rs bill(i think for the tang glass they offered me =) )...

after reading ur post i checked my system..the thick(suction) pipe was nearly frosted..and the thin pipe was hot(not warm)..then i checked my condensor fins..and they appear fine to me...
    now cant say any thing about dashboard pannel..!

anyone here who can suggest me a good ac workshop in rwp/isb?
    So was spending Rs500 any worth? if not then y did u pay u shud have had claimed its same as before

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you are facing lack of evaporator effeciency - becuase if your suction line is nearly frosted (painfully cold to touch) you should have immensely cool air in the cab - what maybe happening is that the evaporator (cooling coil) is blocked with dust n garbage and is getting super chilled (due to lack of air circulation) forcing the thermostat bellows to trip..

But if your liquid line is HOT - you will see very low cooling too, coupled with a not so cold suction line

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i saw some foam particles in my ac vents..i think internal unit is faulty..can i get it cleaned without leaking ac gas??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ usman, brother there is a good machenic at rawalpindi, kindly leave everything and just contact him he is good and also experienced so i would suggest that you contact him and also visit he will inshallah solve your problem,
    Mufti Arshad,
    New Khan Car AC,
    Waqar Un Nisa Chowk,
    Tipu Road, Rawalpindi, 0321-5063000

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List