Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Civic EXI manual 2006 - heating problem

Hey,

I am a brand manager at a leading company. A round 4 months back I bought a honda civic, EXi, model: 2006 (2005 shape). The car was in v good condition, ran on petrol only. done 47000 KM when i bought it. I got installed cng and todays meter reading is 55000 KM. A few days back, on motorway, the car was overheated. We brought it to lahore by a crane. didnt drive it considering heat will cause damage to the engine. Got gasket replaced two times, head faced, got new radiator, timing belt changed, timing belt bearing changed, plugs changed, air filter, oil filter, oil, did tappet adjustment, throttle service,tuning, diagnostic test on computer. But ever since the car was repaired, there is a problem with it. IT is reducing oil a bit, plus there is a problem with rpm. at idle state, or when you apply brakes the rpm falls below, car vibrates and sometimes engine turns off as well. ON CNG this is more of a problem, however on petrol the problem occurs but of less magnitude. Means the car doesnt turn off on petrol when rpm falls, but rpm does fall on petrol. Ive got cng tuning done from alot of ppl but thats not the problem. Honda people also resetted the RPM senspr, the car got perfectly fine after they resetted the sensor.but just for one day. The very next day car again got heated ( a bit) and the problem of dropping rpm prevailed right after that.

I did drive the car again n again for longer period of time..but it did not overheat. i think the heating was just once. but the rpm problem persists. What should i do for rpm? and what could the reason for oil decreasing? the car has only done 55000 km, i dont belive that rings and pistons have got weak. my driver says that there is a problem with rings and piston, however he is just guessing.

One thing more, whenever the car engines gets turned off due to low rpm, the next time i start it, it takes long self. Otherwise in normal mode, the self is v quick. no problem with the self. just when the engine turns off itself, due to rpm droppage, the next time it takes a longer self.

HELPP...!! i just have one car at home..and i am seriously depressed...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai chek karo METER original 55000 hai ya reverse hoa hai. I have seen thousands of cars with reverse meters. may be its driven more but at the time of selling the owner got it reversed
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It might sound stupid, and illogical, but get your timing sensor replaced. It'll cost 1500 rupees from bilal ganj, just get it from someone you know. I'm sure it'll solve your problem.

It solved mine a year ago.

As for heating - when the car is heated, open the bonnet and check if there's a problem with the radiator cap - there generally is.

I have no clue about the decreasing oil part.

Next time you plan to repair your engine, consider replacing it. You'll get a very very nice kabli one for 25-30k from Bilal Ganj without the gearbox.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedsa View Post
    i dont belive that rings and pistons have got weak...
    How bad was the overheating?

If severe, the rings will overheat and loose their hardness, leading to increasing consumption. That is a metallurgical fact. My advice would be drive it until it devleops other problems and then go for a complete overhaul.

Good Luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Ahmad,
    Dont be depressed. Some suggestions from my side. I'm sure insha-Allah these will reduce your problems.
    1. Go to honda and get your throttle body serviced once again.
    2. During the service, if you can afford ask honda guys to replace your IAC valve fixed with the throttle body. If you can not afford then ask them to cut it open and service it also. Its very important to have this valve in perfect working condition otherwise whatever you will do, your RPM will never stand at 0.75 rather it will keep on vibrating up and down. Note, if your IAC is already cut open before, then its the perfect time for you to get it changed, coz servicing it will not resolve your problem.
    3. All these things you should do at honda while keeping your car on petrol.Forget CNG for the time being as long as you get everything in place. And even better if u can take out the air blockers from your air filter assembly like venturi or whatso ever is employed there for tuning it on CNG.
    4. As far as consuming oil is concerned, Vcheng may be right technically but i dont think that your car would have heated to such an extent where metallurgical properties have changed. Rather you should have all your seals checked once again and also the rings. get them replaced if possible because overheating might have effected your seals first.
    I'm sure if u try these you will be in a much better condition then. My prayers are with you. And yes do let us know if any of these things work. One more thing go only to honda. there is a honda motors on I think queens road, dont go there coz in my opinion they are rubbish from service point of view. Rather go to the other one near walton i think.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaranhassan View Post
    4. As far as consuming oil is concerned, Vcheng may be right technically but i dont think that your car would have heated to such an extent where metallurgical properties have changed. Rather you should have all your seals checked once again and also the rings. get them replaced if possible because overheating might have effected your seals first.
    Thank you for your very good post.

My comments apply only if the overheating was severe. That's why I asked "How bad was the overheating?"

If it was only minor then troubleshooting the engine is fine, but if it was severe then throwing more resources into an engine with a bad foundation would not be wise, IMO.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mrniceguy...nahin sir..apne kisi rishtedar se he lee thee gaari..confirmed hai meter ka..

@ bango.. thank you so much bango for a quick and v informative reply. I dont know anyone in bilal gunj..do you know any shop? and do we get good quality stuff from bilal gunj?

@Vcheng...thats exactly what i was thinking..ive done everything now..and now ill wait for it to develop a serious problem and then atleast the mechanics can find it out. also read my reply to @mfarhanhassan

@mfarhan..thanks for the quick and informative reply. Very kind of you.
    Ive got my throttle body serviced three times now..just because of this. From honda 3s, honda 2s and even from a cng tuning centre. Today, I also got the iac valve serviced again from honda 2s and he told me that the valve itself doesnt have a problem. However he checked presurre of all the four plus. one of the plus had a pressure of '70' (i dont know what the unit is) he was saying that ideally the pressure should be 80. but that requires opening of head. its a long work. but doesnt know whether that is the problem or not.
    I have already done this all on petrol..but rpm even drops on petrol. sometimes rpm drops when i cut the staring full. i mean jab poora steering ghumao, bilkul end pe ja kar ek dum gaari rpm wafir girati hai. but doesnt happen all the time.

i always go to honda3s but i think i hate them now...unn se koi masla hal hota he nahee hai...rather they tell me k gaari aap ki theek hai.."ab itna tou purani gaari kartee hai, filhaal chalayen issay" - that is a response which i dont expect from 3s dealers at least.

@mfarhan..i really dont know what is cut opening the iac valve..got it serviced two times..they never told me that it is faulty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if the rings are weak the car should decrease oil or power, it should not turn off like this.

Hows the car on normal running?

A friend of mine had a VTI 2003 and going to lahore from isb he forgot to put the radiator cap back on. The car was overheated on the way and he had to get whole engine fixed. Spent around 22k on it in lahore.

After that car performed ok but he sold the car he got this in his mind that engine khull gaya hai its not the same car anymore :p
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whenever car loses the oil there are two major reasons.
    1- The oil rings are not working properly and needs to be replaced. This may happen during car heat-up or by using fake oils. And in my opinion the car heat-up is caused by using fake oil which was leaking through the oil rings and low oil pressure cause the engine to heat.
    You can check this by inserting the finger in silencer when engine is off and silencer is cool, if its greasy and oily the rings are leaking the oil
    2- During engine heat up (Hihg RPM) the engine expands and and oil enter in the gaskit. gaskit become a filter paper rather then a sealant and starts leaking the oil.
    For checkup just open the bonet and see if the engine is oily angain replace the gaskit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And on thing more, convert your cng kit to non pulse system. This is the electrical system of cng kit and in civic after turning it to non pulse system it will never low down the rpm and will work as the petrol. This change is only for civic (EXI or VTI or Reborn) all other cars work fine with pulse system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@satanzown..can u please explain what is the meaning of non pulse system??i have vti prosmatec..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the cng kit is designed to work on elctrical pulses not on continue electricity. So what they do is, they simply change the wiring system of the kit and directly connect it with the battery with a relay. Battery provides continue electricity to the kit.
    My mechanic told me the civic electric system is far complicated from other cars and its not designed for cng. This is the best way to run this car on cng.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

satanztown..now this is interesting..actually jis din mai ne cng lagwai gaari mei ussi din se maslay aarahe hain...do normal mechanics know about pulse system? ya koi desi terminology bhe hai iss ki?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vaqas1...yaar u r scaring me...engine ka kaam itni jaldii..abhe tou bus 55000km huye hainn!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Sensors from Bilal Gunj

Does any one know where to get sensors from bilal gunj? i have never been to the place..for this civic 2006 which i have..and secondly rpm drop jo ho raha hai uss ko resolve karne ke liye kon kon se sensors replace kr ke dekhun?? are these sensors from bilal gunj reliable?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is IAC valve, the sensor as well?if i replace IAC valve tou sensor bhe replace hojae ga?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sab experts bhaag gayee..no replyyy...kia change karaun? common answers aye hain...iac valve, rpm sensor, maf sensor, o2 sensor..par inn mei kia!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem could be due to any number of reasons. VCheng is right; it might have been severe overheating which caused the cylinders to not seal properly. Loss of compression in one of the cylinders could be an indication of that.

Speaking from experience, whenever they face a head here in Pakistan, you can never be sure if it was done properly. Second thing to consider is the fact that they never torque the head bolts properly and almost never in the right order. It has to be done in a certain order to avoid any aberrations. even a tiny aberration and you will lose compression.

Ask the workshop where they got it faced from? Was it done on a big facing machine or one with a small grinder?

Quality of the head gasket is another very important factor. Also sometimes, tiny hairline cracks develop in the head after overheating.

I could go on and on as the probable reasons could be numerous. You have to investigate everything.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is still there. Failed miserably. no solution.The throttle and IAC valve are perfect, got them checked twice by honda 3s.
    but listen..recently during monsoon rains in lahore..my check engine light came up. when i went to honda 3s, the computer showed that it was IAT(High voltage) sensor as well as VSS no pulse sensor...he resetted them using computer..light went off...could the IAT sensor means that there is some sort of wiring problem?could this be the reason of my original problem? are wires affected when the car is heated? or was it just because of the rain water??

WAITING FOR REPLY EXPERTS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ dont go on changing sensors just like that
    thats y we have a MIL(check light)

did u get the tapets checked? my car had jammed tappets and used to stall and bother alot on cng!
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List