0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Problem - Honda Civic EXI 2006

We own a 2006 Honda EXI. Bought 0 meter and used with care. Done only 20K since we bought it.

Now the problem is that when you take the car above 80km/h, steering wheel starts vibrating big time. I have checked the balancing and everything possibly associated but no solution so far. It is worth mentioning that car is mechanically flawless and this vibration problem has been there since the very first day. One more thing is that vibration is maximum between 80-110 and goes down at aroun 120-130 km/h.

I am using the stock tyres and rims that came with the car. Is the problem only associated with the tyres? I remember sometime back few members complained that the vibration problem in EXI remained as it is even after switching to better brand for tyres. Is it something to do with the suspension or chamber?

Any solution?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The first, easiest and the cheapest solution is to swap the tyres - Bring the rear tyres to the front and vice versa.

If it solves the problem, the culprit are the front tyres.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bango
    I'll try that as a first step but i doubt if the problem is with the tyres. Did you ever face any similar issue with your EXI? I believe it was 2001-2002. Right?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, it was 2001-2002.

And despite the fact that it was pretty used, and had a series of other problems when I bought it, this wasn't one of them. There was a vibration while accelerating abruptly, and it was due to the axle a.k.a goday. Yours can't be goday.

Then there was another EXi I had in hand, didn't experience this problem in that EXi neither.

The only known problem this model came with from the factory is the slight pull towards left. So I believe what you are facing is purely specific to your car only.

I'm pretty sure swapping the wheels will solve your problem. Moreover, its a free solution, so I would try that first to cancel out the possibility of wheels being the culprit.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bango
    Thanks mate. I'll swap the wheels and see if there is any difference.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You're welcome!

Do keep us updated

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

have you ever changed the rims? One of the rims might be deshaped. You can get the rim properly rounded from railway station. Also get the engine mounts checked. You can get the rims and tires checked when on the wheel balancing machine. The guys at the shop would try to refrain from telling you as they would just put weights and get money from you but you can stay there, rotate the wheels manually on the machine and put one hand on the tread to see if there is any deformity. to check the rim, look at the inside of the rim while rotating it manually and even by machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@temojin
    I dont think it has anything to do with engine mounts. I hope not. I'll swap the rear and front tyres first and check the rims to see if their is any deformity. Hopefully issue won't be that serious.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List