Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great Work Indeed ! A question to other lahore members if anyone could find me the Mothers step2 that is Sealer&Glaze step2 I tried Autoline here they are the main distributor of mOthers they dont have that particular Product.So if anyone could help with that will be Highly Appreciated Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseless View Post
    Great Work Indeed ! A question to other lahore members if anyone could find me the Mothers step2 that is Sealer&Glaze step2 I tried Autoline here they are the main distributor of mOthers they dont have that particular Product.So if anyone could help with that will be Highly Appreciated Thanks
    thank you!
    ive been looking for the whole three step by mother's, since using meguiar's, want to try mother's as well, please do let me know if you get your hands on it, or if you already have it, how is the result and how much did it cost.

did you ask the autoline dealers to get it arranged for you? did they have the 1st and the 2nd step?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

step 1 is de-waxer and mothers itself doesnt recommend using it more than once in probly 6 months

STEP-2 is wat ive been lookin for EVERYYWHERE for the last 6 months...i normally use step 3 but wud like step 2 as well.....step 3 costs somethin like around 1500 rs in F-10 islamabad...they have more products over there too like the mothers cleaner wax (best cleaner wax ive ever used) n reflections series and mothers car wash. For normal use i have bought the ice series....turlte wax ICE is good just for one reason(though the shine cant match mothers) it doesnt leave any residue watsoever and putting on as well as taking off is easy as a jiffy.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz if anyone can find me step2 i'll be grateful from the depths n bottom of my heart.

@badcheetah

Dude u rock...but remember few tips

1. Never touch ur car with old dusty cloths...keep a collection of cotton cloths n wash em after every time theyr used on the car...wash em in a washing machine with brite or ariel, so for every detailing session use fresh dry cloth.
    2. Last cloth used on a car shud be a micro fibre. Never clean ur cars dust with a dry cloth....either spray plain water on it or use a detailing spray.
    3. If a cloth falls on the ground ,just put it away for a washing n use a new one for rest of detailing.
    4. Never exert too much hand pressure while using any cloth on the surface of ur car.
    5. Never wax ur car in a moist weather (evenings are also moist)...preferably wax it indoors (like in an indoor garage...Pakistans environtment has tooooooo much dust)
    6. Thinnest layer will give u the best shine
    7. Always use separate cloths for Glass/Body/Black Plastic parts/Wheels/Tires/Interior but more importantly WASH THEM SEPARATELY AFTER USE...Yes n the reason is coz u dont want the residue of ur exterior wax to mix up in the detergent water n get on the cloth which u use on ur interior...ur next interior cleaning will put that residue on ur interior n shine the hell out of it. same goes for glass.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also, don't ever use an old towel for waxing or polishing purposes. Even if its made of 100% cotton, the base material to which the cotton dreads are attached is synthetic, usually made of tough polyester fibers. The synthetic fibers can seriously mess up your cars finish, leaving swirl marks and what not.

Instead use a 100% cotton cloth if you can't get your hands on some microfiber cloth or chamois leather.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    step 1 is de-waxer and mothers itself doesnt recommend using it more than once in probly 6 months

STEP-2 is wat ive been lookin for EVERYYWHERE for the last 6 months...i normally use step 3 but wud like step 2 as well.....step 3 costs somethin like around 1500 rs in F-10 islamabad...they have more products over there too like the mothers cleaner wax (best cleaner wax ive ever used) n reflections series and mothers car wash. For normal use i have bought the ice series....turlte wax ICE is good just for one reason(though the shine cant match mothers) it doesnt leave any residue watsoever and putting on as well as taking off is easy as a jiffy.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz if anyone can find me step2 i'll be grateful from the depths n bottom of my heart.

@badcheetah

Dude u rock...but remember few tips

1. Never touch ur car with old dusty cloths...keep a collection of cotton cloths n wash em after every time theyr used on the car...wash em in a washing machine with brite or ariel, so for every detailing session use fresh dry cloth.
    2. Last cloth used on a car shud be a micro fibre. Never clean ur cars dust with a dry cloth....either spray plain water on it or use a detailing spray.
    3. If a cloth falls on the ground ,just put it away for a washing n use a new one for rest of detailing.
    4. Never exert too much hand pressure while using any cloth on the surface of ur car.
    5. Never wax ur car in a moist weather (evenings are also moist)...preferably wax it indoors (like in an indoor garage...Pakistans environtment has tooooooo much dust)
    6. Thinnest layer will give u the best shine
    7. Always use separate cloths for Glass/Body/Black Plastic parts/Wheels/Tires/Interior but more importantly WASH THEM SEPARATELY AFTER USE...Yes n the reason is coz u dont want the residue of ur exterior wax to mix up in the detergent water n get on the cloth which u use on ur interior...ur next interior cleaning will put that residue on ur interior n shine the hell out of it. same goes for glass.

thank you for your appreciation, its always nice to hear someone compliment your car.
    yupp, i use extra care when washing and waxing my car, but since its a black car swirl marks are ought to be there, no matter how much carefully you wash and wax it, i hope i get my hands on meguiar's swirl x soon, want to see how it works.
    i havent polished my car lately so might as well be doing that some time soon, waxing is what it receives every week, sometimes when i have some spare time on my hands, 2 times a week.
    used turtle cleaner wax on it two times, 3-4 months period apart, but turtle products are very hard to take off, so have quit using them.
    i use a very soft old cotton towel to wash it, im looking forward to get some microfibres but couldnt go to montgomery lately.
    yes, thin layer of wax is the right way to go about it, without exerting too much pressure also while applying wax.
    and one more thing id like to mention here is that when you're washing your car make sure you first put quiet an ample amount of shampooing solution on the part where you are about clean, before rubbing it with the towel, it kicks the dust particles off which might harm the clear coat while rubbing the shampoo on the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal View Post
    Also, don't ever use an old towel for waxing or polishing purposes. Even if its made of 100% cotton, the base material to which the cotton dreads are attached is synthetic, usually made of tough polyester fibers. The synthetic fibers can seriously mess up your cars finish, leaving swirl marks and what not.

Instead use a 100% cotton cloth if you can't get your hands on some microfiber cloth or chamois leather.
    the towel which i use is extra soft and not quiet old, its a good quality towel, its what we use for ourselves, i stole it from inside the cupboard and now i secretly use it lol

JBL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AwesOm shine
    NeEd FoR SpEeD UnDeRcOvEr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    AwesOm shine
    thanks bro!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Car looks great- looks like you worked hard!

What I've learned, though, is that I'd rather have the car professionally washed and detailed. The cost of these products doesn't add up since I wash my car only once every 3-4 months. I'd rather pay the $20 or so to get the car done properly. Plus, with my luck, it starts raining less than a week after I wash the car. And it's SO painful to see your hard work ruined.
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilaltq View Post
    Car looks great- looks like you worked hard!

What I've learned, though, is that I'd rather have the car professionally washed and detailed. The cost of these products doesn't add up since I wash my car only once every 3-4 months. I'd rather pay the $20 or so to get the car done properly. Plus, with my luck, it starts raining less than a week after I wash the car. And it's SO painful to see your hard work ruined.
    4-5 hours of work, on each sunday, phew its hectic, but oh well it puts a smile on your face!
    this car has seen the face of a petrol pump washing station only two times in its entire life, when it was bought, when one day i was really ill and yet couldnt stand it being dirty, though couldnt really wash it myself;

professional detailing here in Pak, is not too popular, so you're only left with the petrol pump washing personnel, and them wearing all those rings and watches and God knows how pathetic are their washing and drying cloths, only the thought is enough to stop me from ever trying such an experiment.
    but i believe where you live its a different story altogether. but still washing it once in 3-4 months, that has got to be one clean city you live in, do this in lahore and walla lol!

haha it happened to me today, it rained in lahore last night so yeahhh, it was pretty annoying and i was furious to see the mud on its mud flaps when i got back from university, only within 20 hours of a detailing session, ah sigh!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother kindly elaborate how to apply shampoo and with which type of cloth...
    When you Dream there are no Rules..

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

excellent job bro
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    thank you!
    ive been looking for the whole three step by mother's, since using meguiar's, want to try mother's as well, please do let me know if you get your hands on it, or if you already have it, how is the result and how much did it cost.

did you ask the autoline dealers to get it arranged for you? did they have the 1st and the 2nd step?
    Yes they have the Step 1 and 3 Step3 is Good but i seriously Like Fx SynWax Its Shine and Smoothness is simply breathtaking ! They Dont have the Spray wax though,Well about the availability of some other products which i am looking for like Step2 and Fx Spray SynWax it may come in next shipment which is about sometime in March.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plz sms me at my mob 03338614059.
    I also want that polish in lahore for my black gli.Any body tel me the best polish for black color

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maddy12 View Post
    brother kindly elaborate how to apply shampoo and with which type of cloth...
    mix shampoo with water, a dilute solution, take a clean soft cotton towel, dip it in water and put it over the bonnet say squeeze the towel over it and let the solution rinse on the bonnet, then dip it again and softly rub onto the same part.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    excellent job bro
    thank you jz bhaiya!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseless View Post
    Yes they have the Step 1 and 3 Step3 is Good but i seriously Like Fx SynWax Its Shine and Smoothness is simply breathtaking ! They Dont have the Spray wax though,Well about the availability of some other products which i am looking for like Step2 and Fx Spray SynWax it may come in next shipment which is about sometime in March.
    step 2 is what i want, because step 3 is a carnauba, which ill be using of meguiar's, i hope we get our hands on step 2, whenever you buy sir please also let me know, ill really appreciate it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agecoo View Post
    plz sms me at my mob 03338614059.
    I also want that polish in lahore for my black gli.Any body tel me the best polish for black color
    sir you just need a good carnauba wax which you should use every week, and a cleaner wax, or a swirl remover which you may use after every 2 months!
    mother's products are easily available in lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bad_Cheetah

First of all let me congratulate you on a very nice detailing session. Only a few people share the same enthusiasm as yours . About what I have read in this thread

1. For you car and how soft the paint is on this car i doubt you would need a proper rubbing compound like Meguiars Swirl X for removing the swirls. Considering its one of the lighter compunds compared to Meguiars Ultimate Compound it still leaves abit of haziness which you would have to work on and remove with something lighter. I would recommend after my own personal use to use a cleaner wax like Meguiars Color X. It is alot less abrasive so is perfect for the paint and mild swirls.

2. For washing/shampooing the car always and ALWAYS use the 2 bucket system so that you dont put your dirty sponge/cloth back into the soap water which you would be rubbing all over the body .. will only put more swirls ! and btw parts that face the sun like the bonnet, roof, trunk are all washed in a horizontal way and the non sun facing part in a up and down way. Has a huge bit of logic behind it will expain it some other time.

3. Try claying your car before you detail the car. You will be amazed how much better the look of the car will be and how much more the wax will last

4. And this is for everyone. Let me know if you guys still need the Step 2 of the mothers 3 Step System. I can arrange it for you and send it from karachi.

Regards and Enjoy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AusI View Post
    Bad_Cheetah

First of all let me congratulate you on a very nice detailing session. Only a few people share the same enthusiasm as yours . About what I have read in this thread

thank you bro for the compliment, its a hectic hobby, but it makes you feel good, really good!

1. For you car and how soft the paint is on this car i doubt you would need a proper rubbing compound like Meguiars Swirl X for removing the swirls. Considering its one of the lighter compunds compared to Meguiars Ultimate Compound it still leaves abit of haziness which you would have to work on and remove with something lighter. I would recommend after my own personal use to use a cleaner wax like Meguiars Color X. It is alot less abrasive so is perfect for the paint and mild swirls.

well the problem is that meguiar products are not available in lahore, im trying to get hold of a cousin or a friend who would get them for me, otherwise ill be visiting karachi in summers, i would buy it from there.
    using swirl x and then sealing it by using a carnauba would i think give a nice result, how about your comments regarding this? i wish there were a dealer in lahore, would love to buy a cleaner wax by meguiar's, used a cleaner wax by turtle, it wasnt upto the mark, and was very hard to take off, so didnt use it again. maybe because it wasnt original or whatever, because the other turtle waxes which ive got from abraod are pretty impressive.

2. For washing/shampooing the car always and ALWAYS use the 2 bucket system so that you dont put your dirty sponge/cloth back into the soap water which you would be rubbing all over the body .. will only put more swirls ! and btw parts that face the sun like the bonnet, roof, trunk are all washed in a horizontal way and the non sun facing part in a up and down way. Has a huge bit of logic behind it will expain it some other time.

this horizontal trick is a good bit of advise, would love to hear the logic behind it, i usually was it with very light strokes vertically, will try doing it horizontally now if its something good.and what about the waxing posture to be used on these parts, horizontal, vertical or circular?

3. Try claying your car before you detail the car. You will be amazed how much better the look of the car will be and how much more the wax will last

thats number 1 on my to do list all the time.

4. And this is for everyone. Let me know if you guys still need the Step 2 of the mothers 3 Step System. I can arrange it for you and send it from karachi.

how good is step 2 against swirls?

Regards and Enjoy
    thank you for dropping by with your valuable comments, appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List