Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: why honda civic reborn 's steering is hard?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    skyraider72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default why honda civic reborn 's steering is hard?


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    From what I,ve heard is that EPS also reduces a bit of load on engine?
    I think yes, because when ever you'll rotate the position of HPS in civic, the RPM will show a deflection. Even though i still donnot know why.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZEE82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    33
    Posts
    511
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    I think yes, because when ever you'll rotate the position of HPS in civic, the RPM will show a deflection. Even though i still donnot know why.
    In HPS system, the power is given by a hydraulic pump attached to the engine by pulley n belt system,so whenever onw turns a HPS system, it puts a load on the engine due to the pump getting into action so it increases RPM to stabilize the idling speed.where in EPS the power steering is driven only through an electronic motor attached with the steering rack and it is controlled electrically,not mechanically so it does not put any load on the engine

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^wow... what an awesome explanation...

    here you go airomerix... finally aap ka intezaar khatam hua and this dude has a solution to ur query...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    you people are saying it becomes hard,whereas when i cross 100 on 7th gen,mine becomes soft lol (new tires,balancing n alignment done )

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hard steering har 8gen owner ki kahani hai i did everything but all in vain. so just accept the fact and drive happily.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hydrolic power steering is one of the better steering systems, car enthusiasts have always preffered it over EPS because of more road feel.
    EPS is a cost effective technique which manufacturers use. It gives a buttery feeling as it is attached to an electric motor which does the work for you plus better fuel economy (a marketing gimik imo), hydrolic motor on the other hand is directly related to the actions of the driver.
    in 2011 Porsche on their 911s changed hydraulic power steerings to electro hydraulic power steering EHPS (where the hydraulic motor is powered by an electric motor thus better in steering feed back than simple EPS) in 2012 and were slammed by even their biggest enthusiasts for spoiling the handling of the car as critics claimed the steering to be soul less with the driving not getting the feel of the road while cutting corners and hitting the corner apex.
    steering feedback is a major factor for some and not such a big deal for every day joe. In rushy areas EPS will be a tad better than hydraulic. If you want to feel the difference drive cars with these systems on a winding road or a hill road and you can get which one is better for you.

    P.S. come on guys hydrolic is heavy????? Have you never driven a car with out powered steering? They are HEAVY but drive them once to get an idea of real steering
    Civic has retained the hydrolic system in their face lift 2012 civic.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shapeesh View Post
    Hydrolic power steering is one of the better steering systems, car enthusiasts have always preffered it over EPS because of more road feel.
    EPS is a cost effective technique which manufacturers use. It gives a buttery feeling as it is attached to an electric motor which does the work for you plus better fuel economy (a marketing gimik imo), hydrolic motor on the other hand is directly related to the actions of the driver.
    in 2011 Porsche on their 911s changed hydraulic power steerings to electro hydraulic power steering EHPS (where the hydraulic motor is powered by an electric motor thus better in steering feed back than simple EPS) in 2012 and were slammed by even their biggest enthusiasts for spoiling the handling of the car as critics claimed the steering to be soul less with the driving not getting the feel of the road while cutting corners and hitting the corner apex.
    steering feedback is a major factor for some and not such a big deal for every day joe. In rushy areas EPS will be a tad better than hydraulic. If you want to feel the difference drive cars with these systems on a winding road or a hill road and you can get which one is better for you.

    P.S. come on guys hydrolic is heavy????? Have you never driven a car with out powered steering? They are HEAVY but drive them once to get an idea of real steering
    Civic has retained the hydrolic system in their face lift 2012 civic.
    I didn't get how feel of the road and hydraulic power steering are related to each other?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ussi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have a mini pajero and its steering is hydraulic and its hell smoother than my gli which has eps
    Ministry of MAFIA!

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    I didn't get how feel of the road and hydraulic power steering are related to each other?
    you probably need to drive one to "feel it" hence the word "feel".

    no power assistance = direct force on the steering to the wheels

    hydraulic assisted = force on the steering to wheels "assisted" by hydraulic (force used by human is less as hydraulics amplify it to get the work done)

    EPS, steering movement conveyed to the electric motor, which from torque/ speed and other factors puts force directly to the wheels.

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    New Honda Civic 2012 has replaced HPS with EPS and now became much softer.
    Aunda Fan

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shapeesh View Post
    you probably need to drive one to "feel it" hence the word "feel".

    no power assistance = direct force on the steering to the wheels

    hydraulic assisted = force on the steering to wheels "assisted" by hydraulic (force used by human is less as hydraulics amplify it to get the work done)

    EPS, steering movement conveyed to the electric motor, which from torque/ speed and other factors puts force directly to the wheels.
    you are somehow right but didn't get it why u want to feel the road and advising others also. please enlighten us as what we are missing due to not feeling the road .
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    you are somehow right but didn't get it why u want to feel the road and advising others also. please enlighten us as what we are missing due to not feeling the road .
    troll patrol?

    cannot enlighten anyone on "feel", "steering feedback" may be a better word here.

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    you are somehow right but didn't get it why u want to feel the road and advising others also. please enlighten us as what we are missing due to not feeling the road .
    i am not advising anyone on anything, i mentioned that it might be required for some and mightnot for others, both have there own pros and cons. I suggested if one wants to understand the difference than test driving all three would be a better way to know the most suitable for oneself.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shapeesh View Post
    troll patrol?

    cannot enlighten anyone on "feel", "steering feedback" may be a better word here.
    lol
    hahahahahahahaha
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shapeesh View Post
    i am not advising anyone on anything, i mentioned that it might be required for some and mightnot for others, both have there own pros and cons. I suggested if one wants to understand the difference than test driving all three would be a better way to know the most suitable for oneself.
    I have driven a non assisted and hps for a long time and my current ride is eps but among all of them I found the EPS better. thats y asking that what I missed? (seriously)
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    I have driven a non assisted and hps for a long time and my current ride is eps but among all of them I found the EPS better. thats y asking that what I missed? (seriously)
    EPS is no doubt a lot better when we consider urban commute, with signals, traffic and rush etc. The car is easily manuverable, easy to turn etc etc. The electric motor uses algorithms and sensors to conrol the amount of wheel to be turned.

    hydraulic is more enjoyable (for some) as you can feel (lol @ feel but seriously ) your control on the tires as it is directly related to the amount of force you apply on the steering and remains constant with the pressure. As mentioned earlier try this on a winding road, hps will always be true as compared to EPS.

    Also to mention, the fun of HPS with stiff suspension is more with a rear wheel driven car (a hard ride none the less). in an FWD hydraulic sometimes become a bit too stiff as front wheels have to both steer and pull the car at the same time.

    Most performance car donot even have an HPS system but direct naked steering, its mostly to reduce weight but also an aspect is true (but hard) steering.

    One factor doesn't make a car good or bad. Its the multiple factors and the objective of the car which matter.

    A car with stiffer suspension, HPS will give better stability but on the cost of comfort and relaxation, in the same was a car with soft suspension and EPS will be a lot better in urban commute but can be deceptive in handling.

    WOW. thats a lot

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    It gets hard when one cross 100 kph, with increasing speed the steering gets hard so that car maynot drift into other lanes unintentional. It can be rotated on your finger tips on slow speeds and stand still.
    bro sorry but i may disagree civic 7th gen n 8th gen too steering is hard as compared to hydraulic of other cars
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    hard steering har 8gen owner ki kahani hai i did everything but all in vain. so just accept the fact and drive happily.
    agree
    when my czn took test drive of my reborn i had
    after starting his 1st querry was steering kharab ha yaar????????????
    he himself owned liana that time
    8th gen civic steering is quite hard compared to other cars having hps
    n the one who just shifts from city wo to geya kaam sy
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,156
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adilyaqoob View Post
    I have this very problem from most of civic owners.
    And most of them found out that its the way it is.
    agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Haters dont really hate me they hate themselves because I am a reflection of what they wish to be.I be happy in front of my haters it kills them

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    shapeesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Honda is upgrading the steering feed pipe of models 2006-08, if yours is in that timeline, get it checked, companies dont offer an upgrade untill there is an issue. It might solve your issue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •