Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng???

please tell me if there is solution of idlr rpm problem in civic vti on cng..have done almost every possible thing but of no use..kit serviced,throttle body serviced plugs changed,tappets adjusted,had complete computer check up from honda 3s and found there is no sensor problem of throttle body,tried to increase rpm manually and tunning done thousand times...
    please help me as this is so irritating

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

without a/c rpm
    is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng??? -141594
    with a/c
    is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng??? -141595

but sometimes it comes to 700 without a/c mostly when hot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jz..bro i got it tunned thousand times and the mechanic also tried to adjust rpm..he increased rpm to 1200 and when a/c was turned it again came back to 600

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanashraf1 View Post
    @jz..bro i got it tunned thousand times and the mechanic also tried to adjust rpm..he increased rpm to 1200 and when a/c was turned it again came back to 600
    contact wassay_ahmed ,he can help u out with this,as he knows alot of civics,looks like your idle adjuster isnt working....
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now, i know tehre are a lot of expertsalready on this case, but i would like how my issue was resolved.

The rpm just wouldnot stay stable. so last time i went to the mechanic and after throttle body servcie he reffeed me to a guy on multan road.
    i went there and this dude tinkered around in th engine for maybe 10 minutes. then he asked me to start the car. he tehn went back to teh engine and tinkered wih the Advancer. after 5 minutes, he picked up a peice of wire and stuck it in advancer and teh car became a dream car. The RPM was stable on AC, CNG and petrol

Then he told me that one of teh coils on advancer was not working properly. he took teh advancer to guy in teh shop next to him. had him solder something. tehn came back and reinstalled the advancer and did some minor tuning adjustment.

so basically, 20 minutes later, and 400 rs afterwards i was a very happy man and Allhumdulilah the car works like a charm now.

you can txt me at 03224004228 if you want directions to this guy.

I am just saying because woh banda engine khol kae tawae nai maar ra tha. he actually knew what he was doing. you might find your solution with him.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman
    when u have tried everything on ur own
    take the car to the guy i mentioned in ur previous thread

and Xyshani is right. it can be a advancer issue as well
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanashraf1 View Post
    please tell me if there is solution of idlr rpm problem in civic vti on cng..have done almost every possible thing but of no use..kit serviced,throttle body serviced plugs changed,tappets adjusted,had complete computer check up from honda 3s and found there is no sensor problem of throttle body,tried to increase rpm manually and tunning done thousand times...
    please help me as this is so irritating
    check the ground wire / negative wire or ground is properly connected and supplying to the CNG kit .

just connect one wire from battery negative terminal and touch tht wire anywhere on CNG KIT , if the RPM becomes consistent then it means your kit is not getting earth / -ve properly .
    something fishy about number of total posts !!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem5476 View Post
    check the ground wire / negative wire or ground is properly connected and supplying to the CNG kit .

just connect one wire from battery negative terminal and touch tht wire anywhere on CNG KIT , if the RPM becomes consistent then it means your kit is not getting earth / -ve properly .
    95% R.M.P fluctuation problem can be resoveled by connecting a thick gauge wire directly between battery -ve terminal to CNG KIT body permanently.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hash4u..bro i visited the person u told me two days before eid..he was very busy and he didn't listened to me properly..after 20mins i told him that my car's rpm is dropping he came and adjusted cng and went away without telling or asking anything and as soon as i turned ac on he became busy in other cars....pta nae kin hawaon mai tha wo banda..then i also came back..garmi b thi aur roza b tha..i didn't liked the atitude of that guy at all..one should be capable to deal with customers..if u r busy,ask gently to come some other day..
    @xyshani..yar i got new advancer/emulator with new wiring...but the problem is still there..
    @nadeem5476 and argtr65...i will try that and will inform u about the results..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nadeem5476 and argtr65..thank u guys..my problem solved 90% because of u guys..i went to the electrician and told him to connect a wire between battery and cng kit...he added a relay with cng kit and now my car is fine..on idle its rpm stays at 800-850 with and without a/c..but there is slight problem left when the a/c is on and come to dead stop after moving its rpm drops to about 700 with little vibration..got it tunned from enercon but of no use
    khari gari mai a/c lagane se koi problem nae hoti rpm ko..
    bit of more help needed from u guys
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar ap ka problem solve ho gya hai almost ab or ziada pangay na hi lo to behter hai . wesay bhi sudden race tornay say gari rpm drop karti hai gas par behter hai aisay e guzara karo or jab zero speed karni ho to ac off kar dya karo. as a last resort butterfly bhi check kara lo coz in mine case butterfly was the culprit
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just posted this in another thread too:

I have a civic 97 Vti and i had the same problem. After many mechanics, i decided to tune it up myself is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng??? - smiley tongue out

What my basic engineering skills say to me "The air mixture during idle is too lean, that why when i depress the pedal, the RPM goes down very low. Of course it should make sense, the ECM is not controlling the mixture settings for CNG and because the engine is 1.6, it 'should' need a richer mixture". So what i did was...gave the CNG mixture screw about 1.5-2 turn counter-clockwise.

The result: more stable RPM at idle, better acceleration, lower gas economy (with mixture settings done by enercon, i had 110 km/55kg cyl...now i have like 90-100) . If you dont care about such a small difference in economy, then i would suggest you play with the GAS mixture screw thingi.

Also...i once also remove the air blockage (near the air filter) that is done for CNG. The result was that RPM on idle almost got as good as petrol. The downside was that i had to increase the mixture so much that economy went down to as low as 60-80km.

Also, stop getting the throttle body cleaned. Most mechanics are just eager to open it up...but honestly, it doesn't get bogged up that fast. The problem with RPM is mainly because:

1. The mixture is too lean

2. The spark is not so good (and yes i heard all over the net that bosch 4 tips are a strict NO for Hondas, so if you have NGK plugs, stick with them. The wires usually dont get bad so soon, but do check them. Start the engine in full darkness and try to notice if you see some spark leaking out from the wires. People use water on the wire to see it, but i wont recommend it somehow is there a solution of idle rpm problem of civic on cng??? - smiley tongue out)

3. The IAC is not behaving correctly (which i doubt. It at the back of the throttle body, get it open and fill it up with some good throttle body cleaner and rinse after 2-3 minutes and dry it with a blower, thats it)

4. The AC condenser fan is not fast enough. (Yes that happened to me. The AC would trip too much and idle is really low when AC is turned on. Ask some AC mechanic if the condenser fan is fast enough)

5. I also rotated the distributor just slightly to advance the timing a bit more (Wont recommend it though, the difference is very slight because the CNG people already do that on installation)

Other then that i don't really think there can be any thing wrong. Also my car is MT and i gather your's is AT, so maybe other thing can be wrong.

Also if anyone feels my "engineering" is not so correct, please do let me know. Good luck with getting the idle problem fixed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List