Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!!

Unfortunately, my ride got hit by a Cuore last night. It got struck at the back, left side bumper, and the bumper got punched in! Its clips also came out.

I took my car to Honda Dealership, and the Denting/Painting Incharge told me that I should get the bumper replaced. New bumper+paint+fittings/clips+labor = Rs. 9500.00

I have to take my ride to him tomorrow morning. Plz advise me if I should get the bumper repaired as it is not completely damaged or change it. Money is not a serious issue as the car is insured.
    Someone has advised me not to change the bumper as new bumper, even from Honda are not that good in quality as the stock one is.
    Time is less brothers, so plz advise quickly. I have only tonight to make decision.
    Thanks!
    Here is how it looks:
    Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141118 Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141119 Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141120Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141118 Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141119 Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141120

~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

change it
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sahe ho jay without any repaint
    First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)Second gear (faster faster)Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)Faster it's alright

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar orignal bumper hai phata bhi nahin hai tuh mat replace kerwao. ye baat sahe hai apna orignal bumper ki quality kafi achi hoti hai. new one say. ye bumper apne rang mein bhi nikal aye ga. sirf ek 2 scratches reh jaye ge woh bhi shayad compound polish say chalay jayein. agay ap ki marzi
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by musawer1 View Post
    sahe ho jay without any repaint
    Plz see this closeup. The denter says these locations MUST be painted with proper putin work. If paint is applied, almost 1/4 of the bumper shall be painted. Should I get this repaired and painted?
    I think this half painted bumper may crack in a few months with very light bump or scratch.
    What is wrong in getting new bumper from Honda? Is it of lower quality than the original factory fitted one?

Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141129Civic 8th gen-Urgent Guidance needed!!! -141129
    ~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

qalam lagwao qalam is better
    First gear (Honda Honda) it's alright (faster faster)Second gear (faster faster)Third gear (Honda Honda) hang on tight (faster faster)Faster it's alright

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont worry just get it fixed and painted from good work shop. spending 9500 for such a small thing is not worth it.

If you want to get a NEW one then Get one there is NO problem in that option too.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As its insured.....then get it changed...new is obviously better than a repaired one....tell the insurance guy that u're only interested in replacing it with new one...as u pay premium n its right to claim it....
    Drivin Benzez...with no benifits....
    Not bad..huh..for some imigrants..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The painter is lying to you. No base or putin is applied on ANY bumper on ANY car. Putin/base is used on metallic surfaces while bumpers are plastic. It is your choice, you can get a new bumper or get it repaired. Just keep in mind that while going for new bumper

1)You will have to pay depreciation if car is more than 6 months old
    2)Workshops and Surveyors usually collude and would put a chinese/taiwanese bumper and charge the insurance company for an OEM bumper. Just make sure you get the OEM bumper and tell the Honda dealership you will personally check and verify the bumper.

Also in any case do INSIST on getting the bumper painted in bake paint booth with proper heater. These company dealerships are the biggest thieves of all and would paint the bumper in the open.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the new one.No quality issue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it repaired. btw i too have a 8gen civic 2010 and the paint quality is ****. The bumper just rubbed against a rollas and all the paint was lost. :@
    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani1
    I don't know what to say, but my front bumper once got a major scratch on one side, and I got it fixed from a local painter for Rs.1k. At that time, painter scratched the surface with water and emery paper, than applied putin, dried it, rubbed it again with water and paper, and than applied the paint, than second coat after 15 mins and than clear coat. Next day he cleaned the surface with water and emery paper and polished it.
    What I want to say is, that bumpers also get putin and base before proper paint job.
    After getting so much useful inputs, I plan to get a new bumper fixed, after a detailed check that it is OEM stuff and not a second grade chinese or Taiwan made. At the same time, I plan to get my original bumper repaired and painted. I'll keep it with me for any eventuality in future.
    I have noted the important points given here by you all, specially Mani1, like paint booth facility and identification of original bumper. I am glad to use my insurance, as I have only 2 months left!
    Thanks everyone for a very timely input.
    Pakwheels always comes forth for assistance in more than several ways!
    Regards and good night for today!

(P.S: Can anyone tip me here on 'How to identify an OEM/original Rear Bumper of Civic 2009'?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My sincere advise is to replace the bumper. And I'll tell you why:

1. Once abs plastic bends like that, its texture is no longer suitable for a repaint regardless of how smoothly you apply the base coat on it. You will notice paint will start cracking around the areas where the repair has been done. The repaired bumper will never fit like a glove like the original did, hence don't repair.

2. A new bumper should be made in Thailand, the Chinese versions should cost at least 1500 - 2000 RS less than the Thai version. 3S dealers will usually carry the Thai version and will also give you a 6 month warranty on the part (i.e. that it wont melt in the heat or something crappy like that).

3. All 3S dealer should have a paint booth, so ensure they paint it inside the booth and bake it afterwords. You can recognize a unbaked job by its dull gloss as compared to the vibrant gloss on the clear coat in your original body panels.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good ur getting a new bumper.a normal bumper repair would take 1k the most.do a diy.get a candle and heat the bumper.put ur hand at the back and the bumper would come out to more or less orig shape!just for fun!i do it usually when my bumpers get a dent etc
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

p.s ur lucky didnt damage the tail light or body.
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK!! Having a comment from Cylestyne is a real pleasure!
    My ride is with Honda North at the moment! I am replacing the bumper. Checked new bumper available in their store. It seems to be of the same quality as stock one. Has a mark of Honda inside, besides a 6 - 8 digit/alphabet number.
    Old bumper has been removed, and new one has been tested to correct fix. Paint booth is ok, with heaters etc. Paint job shall start after lunch break. Hope I'll receive my ride by 5 pm.
    Getting my old bumper repaired as well. Shall keep it with me for future use (God forbid!)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ once its painted, bring back the car after 2 days and have them do some light sanding and rubbing. Even our paint booth operators do not use the proper filters against contaminants, to save cost. So there's always some contamination in paint which can be 'cut away' by sanding and rubbing.

Good luck!
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just a quick question to all guys worrying about oem vs cheap replacements.

where do the OEM parts from???
    "It ain't a motor unless its a rotor"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got a new bumper. 5k price, 3k paint, 800 fitting. Done by Honda 3S dealership. Good as new!
    Thanks everyone.
    What should I do with the old bumper? It is not broken, and Honda asks 3.5k for its denting/painting, to make it look flawless.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yahyujee View Post
    Got a new bumper. 5k price, 3k paint, 800 fitting. Done by Honda 3S dealership. Good as new!
    Thanks everyone.
    What should I do with the old bumper? It is not broken, and Honda asks 3.5k for its denting/painting, to make it look flawless.
    The best would be to sell it as it is. So the buyer knows its condition. Or fix it and keep it for future use. Or fix it, sell it and tell the buyer what happened.
    Please do not fix and sell it as genuine.

New pics ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List