I recently got my car tuned on petrol. It has a CNG kit installed, but i wanted to see how much it costs on petrol.
Anyhow, i am having problems in driving it on petrol. On CNG i also had the (almost) same issues but i ignored them as just CNG-problems.
In 1st and 2nd gear, when i take my foot off the pedal at around 1500-2000 RPM, the car the car doesnt very smoothly get slow. And if i again press the pedal, it staggers badly 2-3 times before getting smooth. Also i noted that if i let the RPM go down to around 1000 (after taking my foot off at 1500-2000), the car stabilizes a bit and then when i press the pedal, it accelerates much smoother.
This is big problem when im driving in traffic or in areas with speed breakers. And i dont understand what the problem can be. I studied the civic manual and i reckon the engine is D16Y8. The things that i have got done are:
1. Got stock NGK plugs. Removed the Boch 4tips because in all other honda forums, people say that bosch is not at all good for Hondas.
2. Got TPS checked to see if the range is 0.5V-4.5V.
3. Got my fuel pump changed.
4. The air filter is comparatively new. Also i got the Tappets adjusted and throttle body and IAC valve cleaned.
5. Got the CNG emulator/advancer wiring removed from TPS and distributor.
6. Got my injectors cleaned. The car was missing because they were dirty, but now its not missing at least.
I asked a X-Honda person if the O2 sensor could be the problem. He said that there is no O2 sensor in civic 97. Is that true?
I also asked him that maybe the Catalytic converter is bogged up. He said that too this car doesn't have.
He said maybe the Clutch is the problem. Can that be right? He is an electrician so he said he cant be sure.
Also no one in Lahore seems to know about the PCV valve. Online research shows that the PCV valve does play an important role. If anyone has any information where i can get a PCV for my civic, please let me know, because i haven't been able to find one anywhere.
After my experiences with Honda dealership and other various mechanics, i dont trust their troubleshooting anymore. Can anyone who ever experienced such a problem give me some clue as to what can be the problem.
Oh and my car has 182k on the odo and it has been always driven with care (by me at least).
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad