Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 131 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 2613
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #181
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My experience with the Atlas dealer was silky smooth regarding this Engine Mount thing...In the last week took my 2011 for 25k inspection. Inquired about the issue; they checked it out and said its OK and offered to get it replaced if I want to....they simply added the chassis number / contact info into the list. Got a call after couple of days; was bit hesitant due to Allah wastey ki cheer chaar / unscrewing things....the head mechanic there offered to bring the car early in the morning and he will do it himself. Got it done next day; took hardly 30/40 mins. They broke the item that they removed for warranty claim
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

  3. #182
    PakWheeler Follow
    sardarsaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    693
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    My experience with the Atlas dealer was silky smooth regarding this Engine Mount thing...In the last week took my 2011 for 25k inspection. Inquired about the issue; they checked it out and said its OK and offered to get it replaced if I want to....they simply added the chassis number / contact info into the list. Got a call after couple of days; was bit hesitant due to Allah wastey ki cheer chaar / unscrewing things....the head mechanic there offered to bring the car early in the morning and he will do it himself. Got it done next day; took hardly 30/40 mins. They broke the item that they removed for warranty claim
    Khurram bhai, did you feel any difference in drive after changing the mount?? My 2010 prosmatec's mount is in 50% condition.. The mechanic said " abhi theek hai, laikin marzi hai, karvana hai to karva lain change.'' I also don't want to take the muft ka panga, so should i get it changed or not?
    SS..
    14' Honda Accord Sport..

  4. #183
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Engine Mount

    Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post

    heres a pic of mine ! the gap is not tht much i think as compared to the pics in the abv link !
    Called Honda Defence today , the part hasnt arrived yet

    8 GEN civic fan club and owner club -1157280
    8 GEN civic fan club and owner club -1157281
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  5. #184
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khurram_aziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sardarsaeed View Post
    Khurram bhai, did you feel any difference in drive after changing the mount?? My 2010 prosmatec's mount is in 50% condition.. The mechanic said " abhi theek hai, laikin marzi hai, karvana hai to karva lain change.'' I also don't want to take the muft ka panga, so should i get it changed or not?
    Nopes; no noticeable difference; I guess previous one was just fine!

    (a) I was in impression that many things might get opened/removed; but this was not the case; on a free+fresh morning it hardly took 30-40mins and (b) I liked the suggestion that by 50k-75k on ODO (for my case further 25k-50k; 2 - 4years) it might need a replacement...if its happening today for free then why not; be worry free few more years!
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

  6. #185
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Engine Mount

    Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky

    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !

    So after the change :

    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem

    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?

    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a good amount of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be easily noticed !

    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc

    pls adv
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  7. #186
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lazers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I will check my tomorrow in detail, i mentioned earlier that i get a slight sort of acceleration jerk at 2.2 RPM exact and my bro also feels this in his city and he was of the view that it is maybe the vtec kicking in.
    The jerk is with whole car and not some localized vibration. Also i took my car to 153 within city as well and it was very smooth, no vibration and noise. The car has done 11000 KM till now, its a 2012 8th gen model.
    FJ

  8. #187
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    doc.tarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mardan
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,550
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky

    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !

    So after the change :

    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem

    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?

    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a good amount of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be easily noticed !

    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc

    pls adv
    I had the same problem ... Just rebalance again and rotate tyre.

  9. #188
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Tyres for 8th Gen Civic

    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - icon1 Tyres For 8th Gen Civic
    So after discussing this issue with some of my friends (8th Gen OWNERS ) 90% have advised me to change the tyres and to get Allignment n Balancing done ..

    For Tyres : Bought Brandnew Alloys in 15" a few months back hardly used them for 2-3k kms , so One option is to get New tyres yokohama Db in 195/65/R15

    But New tyre is really expensive these days for around 9k per tyre and 36k for the set , So when m spending tht much , I want to change n increase the size of rim as well ..

    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - 1164022d1365331905 problems honda civic 1 8 untitled2 20copy

    so 205/55/R16 for 16" and 215/45/R17 For 17"

    45 Low profile is not good for our roads as suggested by most of the experienced users here at Pakwheels , A user " 309 " is using 205/60/R16 instead of 205/55 , so can we use High profile tyre tht is 215/50 or 215/55 in 17 inch ?? 95% of the time i drive it on smooth roads and main roads without any passengers at the back seat , All i want is Looks , but obviously with comfort , and no vibration at higher speeds of 150 plus as currently m experiencing with Eurostars , dont want to make the ride hard , so is it okay if i Get a bit higher profile tyre with 17" Alloy ?? N yes i dnt think tht the tyre will hit the Fender Arch , becoz even with 215/45/R17 theres a good gap of 3 fingers b/w the tyre n the arch , with higher profile of 215/50/R17 I dnt think it will be a problem , correct me if I am wrong !
    daily running is max 25-30 kms .

    Need some serious help Guys , Pakwheels is sleeping these days
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  10. #189
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zunny View Post
    Honda are still changing it free of cost. i recently got it changed for 2 x 2008 civics . beware some dealerships will try to be funny and tell you its not covered in warranty. show em the middle finger and take em for a task. Honda Classic tried to be a clever a** and said that 2008 models were entertained till 31 Dec 2012 and that i was late by a few weeks. told him ok when to come over for the change n that how much ill have to pay. he said around 13k but i'll need to give my frame no. this made me curious why the hell does a dealership need the frame no. to buy a part from them...rang Honda Gujranwala. they said Sir Jee aa jao!!! gall he koee nahee!! lolzzz. they did if free of cost rather gave me a cuppa with biscuits ,their 9th Gen 2013 calender n lots of goodies free!!! not a single rupee spent!! the service supervisor asked me that other dealerships are geting frame nos. and then claiming them from company and then would try to sell you the same!! corrupt Bas****rds!! lolzzz Zardari ka Pakistan. then we blame Zardari!! there's a Zardari in each of us!! buss level ka faraq hae!! now Zardari wont go for an engine mount would he???
    Is this offer still applicable for a 2008 model?
    I have one. Can anyone tell how to check if mount needs replacement?

  11. #190
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    My Frost white 8th gen VTI manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  12. #191
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^ MA SHA ALLAH

    Simple yet Gorgeous !


    Bro , Kindly Read my posts carefully on page no 9 and 10 and the link posted by LAZERS for ENGINE MOUNT !
    Yes they are still changing it free of cost if needs replacement !
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  13. #192
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My Blue Max Reborn VTi Prosmatec

    8 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641658 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641668 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641688 GEN civic fan club and owner club -1164167
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  14. #193
    PakWheeler Follow
    sardarsaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    693
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Got a Call from Honda Defence day before yesterday tht engine mount has finally arrived , so went for the replacement yesterday .. But it wasnt tht easy to get it replaced for free !
    The Guy from the service/maintenance/ customer care dept came with the new/packed engine mount , made the job card , and then opened the bonnet , and started checking my old engine mount again .. I asked him what are u doing , he replied my engine mount is in perfect condition and it doesnt need any replacement , he said tht if the engine mount is in bad condition , even the car's kEY wont go go between the gap ( gap b/w the alloy part and the rubber part )
    I told him about the vibration n a bit of jerk tht i feel inside the cabin , but he still refused to cahnge it , and said its something else not the faulty mount !
    Atlast he said he will decide after Road test ! called His Driver , when tht guy checked and wasted my Fuel for some 10-15mins he said tht the mount can survive for some 1 year or so , But has started showing a few bad signs ! But the guy from maintenance dept . still redused to change it and said he cant change it at this stage and said acc to him my mount was just fine ... khair then i further forced him , he asked for a test run again , He asked me to drive the car and indicate whenever i feel tht jerk / vibration ... wasted my fuel for some 10kms , took the car to 145km/hr when the vibration is at its peak , He said the problem is with Eurostar tyres and wheel balancing n allignment Not with the mount !
    I asked him to change the mount and then inspect again .. Luckily he agreed !
    so after some arguments chik chik the Mount got replaced AL HAMDULILLAH !
    he was so busy after tht , didnt asked for a test drive again ..lol.. i was lucky

    The mount didnt have any cracks , there was some gap left b/w the alloy part and the rubber part but much lesser than the new one , and the rubber part had receded and lost its original / normal height !

    So after the change :

    1) There wasnt any rough sound / vibration on a cold start !
    2) tht slight acceleration jerk / vibration at low rpms and bumps has now finally gone !
    3) But here is the problem

    I am still not satisfied with the behaviour car is showing at 145km/hr or 130 +
    Got new Alloys 15" in november and got them balanced so I dont think theres any problem with balancing
    Allignment : Yes , the car goes to left slightly so tht might be the reason !
    Eurostar tyres : the car has done 46k kms , tht is tyres have been used for 46k kms but on smooth roads 95% times , the tyres look good condition wise so I dont think tht could be the problem ?

    at higher speeds of 130+ the steering vibrates n shakes , i feel vibration in the cabin , In October 2012 on long route , the car was smooth and perfect at 150km/hr for a good amount of time with same tyres , tht was the last time i drove it fast ...Now whenever i check it at 130+ it shows this behaviour , the steering and cabin doesnt vibrate or shake too badly but can be easily noticed !

    So experts what could be the problem ?? Allignment ? balancing ?? or the local tyres ?? The car has been used with extreme care , no drifts , drags etc etc with only46k kms on the odo ... always used on smooth roads of D.H.A hardly ever driven in other areas , so I belv theres nothing wrong with bearings n suspension etc

    pls adv
    My car's engine mount has very less gap between the metal and the rubber part, but i don't feel any vibration or jerks at any speed.. My car is 2010 prosmatec, 30,000 km driven.. I went to the local honda dealer and he said," sir bilkul theek hai mount, koi masla nai hai.'' I did not ask them to change the mount for free or anything, i just told them to inspect... So should i still insist on getting the mount?

    Secondly, my car used to vibrate at speeds above 140, so got the tyres changed last month and got them aligned and balanced.. Now no vibration till 190 (iss say ziada taiz karnay ki himat nai hui )..
    SS..
    14' Honda Accord Sport..

  15. #194
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    ^^ MA SHA ALLAH

    Simple yet Gorgeous !


    Bro , Kindly Read my posts carefully on page no 9 and 10 and the link posted by LAZERS for ENGINE MOUNT !
    Yes they are still changing it free of cost if needs replacement !
    Bro thanks a lot for your kind words.
    Btw Just gone through your Blue max's thread. I must say it's a BEAUTY.
    Ma Sha ALLAH very decently modified and color is mouth watering. After seeing your car. I have planned to install extensions on my car as well. . Otherwise I had planned to keep it as simple as possible.

  16. #195
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    My Blue Max Reborn VTi Prosmatec

    8 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641658 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641668 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11641688 GEN civic fan club and owner club -1164167
    BEAUTY!
    Ma Sha ALLAH.

  17. #196
    PakWheeler Follow
    sardarsaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    693
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - icon1 Tyres For 8th Gen Civic
    So after discussing this issue with some of my friends (8th Gen OWNERS ) 90% have advised me to change the tyres and to get Allignment n Balancing done ..

    For Tyres : Bought Brandnew Alloys in 15" a few months back hardly used them for 2-3k kms , so One option is to get New tyres yokohama Db in 195/65/R15

    But New tyre is really expensive these days for around 9k per tyre and 36k for the set , So when m spending tht much , I want to change n increase the size of rim as well ..

    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - 1164022d1365331905 problems honda civic 1 8 untitled2 20copy

    so 205/55/R16 for 16" and 215/45/R17 For 17"

    45 Low profile is not good for our roads as suggested by most of the experienced users here at Pakwheels , A user " 309 " is using 205/60/R16 instead of 205/55 , so can we use High profile tyre tht is 215/50 or 215/55 in 17 inch ?? 95% of the time i drive it on smooth roads and main roads without any passengers at the back seat , All i want is Looks , but obviously with comfort , and no vibration at higher speeds of 150 plus as currently m experiencing with Eurostars , dont want to make the ride hard , so is it okay if i Get a bit higher profile tyre with 17" Alloy ?? N yes i dnt think tht the tyre will hit the Fender Arch , becoz even with 215/45/R17 theres a good gap of 3 fingers b/w the tyre n the arch , with higher profile of 215/50/R17 I dnt think it will be a problem , correct me if I am wrong !
    daily running is max 25-30 kms .

    Need some serious help Guys , Pakwheels is sleeping these days

    Just get the tyres changed.. Preferably, stick to stock size..
    SS..
    14' Honda Accord Sport..

  18. #197
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Bro thanks a lot for your kind words.
    Btw Just gone through your Blue max's thread. I must say it's a BEAUTY.
    Ma Sha ALLAH very decently modified and color is mouth watering. After seeing your car. I have planned to install extensions on my car as well. . Otherwise I had planned to keep it as simple as possible.
    Thanku so much Bro for such nice n kind words

    Yes In Sha ALLAH , ur frost white beauty will look so Gorgeous with this original Bodykit and OEM RED EMBLEMS .. Best of Luck
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  19. #198
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sardarsaeed View Post
    Just get the tyres changed.. Preferably, stick to stock size..
    SO u dont feel any vibration now at Higher speeds , thts really Good MA SHA ALLAH
    Hmm , ur right bro , its better to stick to stock size , shashka bhaar mein jaye ..

    SO which Brand are u using now ?? same size 195/65/r15 or 205/65/R15 ?
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  20. #199
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sardarsaeed View Post
    My car's engine mount has very less gap between the metal and the rubber part, but i don't feel any vibration or jerks at any speed.. My car is 2010 prosmatec, 30,000 km driven.. I went to the local honda dealer and he said," sir bilkul theek hai mount, koi masla nai hai.'' I did not ask them to change the mount for free or anything, i just told them to inspect... So should i still insist on getting the mount?

    Secondly, my car used to vibrate at speeds above 140, so got the tyres changed last month and got them aligned and balanced.. Now no vibration till 190 (iss say ziada taiz karnay ki himat nai hui )..
    Bro in ur case , they wont agree as theres no vibration or jerk in ur ride at any speed ! After inspection and Road Test they will never change it !
    It costs around 10k Rupees here in Khi , As theres very little gap left b/w the rubber prat n metal , keep in mind u might have to change it after 10k to 15k kms ...
    Visit any other 3s Dealership and tell them u feel some vibration sometimes at lower RPMs , and sometimes on Bumpy Roads , u hear some vibration sort of noise on a cold start , ask them to replace the Engine Mount !
    Tell them theres very little gap left b/w both parts plus the rubber part has lost its original Height ! Tell them u have discussed it in detail with ur friends and they all got their mounts replaced free of cost !
    and if u dnt want to argue n avoid this khuaari , keep driving it , shayad 20k kms bhi nikaal lay kya keh saktay hein
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  21. #200
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lazers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    These are the pics from my civic, model 2012 just 12K on odo.

    8 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11650098 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11650108 GEN civic fan club and owner club -11650118 GEN civic fan club and owner club -1165015
    FJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 131 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •