Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2613
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #2341
    PakWheeler Follow
    Faizan920's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Can anyone help me with with reborn rear speakers? I wanna change the stock to something better.
    Plz recommend speakers which same size as stock and can be fitted without any cutting.
    Something low to mid range, nothing fancy.
    I have a rockmars navigation

    Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

  3. #2342
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoizIrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,960
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faizan920 View Post
    Can anyone help me with with reborn rear speakers? I wanna change the stock to something better.
    Plz recommend speakers which same size as stock and can be fitted without any cutting.
    Something low to mid range, nothing fancy.
    I have a rockmars navigation

    Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app
    need to do the same do share pics if & when u do it.

    Regards
    I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

  4. #2343
    PakWheeler Follow
    Faizan920's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoizIrfan View Post
    need to do the same do share pics if & when u do it.

    Regards
    Sure if someone help me do it :-P

    Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #2344
    PakWheeler Follow
    silversnake88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    What is the validity of the docket for token tax penalty waiver??

  6. #2345
    PakWheeler Follow
    silversnake88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    ^ anyone?

  7. #2346
    PakWheeler Follow
    smashhud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    778
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I don't exactly remember but it's not much. I think it was around 7 days when I got one.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using PW Forums mobile app
    A man is known by the ride he keeps!!!

  8. #2347
    PakWheeler Follow
    silversnake88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smashhud View Post
    I don't exactly remember but it's not much. I think it was around 7 days when I got one.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using PW Forums mobile app
    Ok. Thx.

  9. #2348
    PakWheeler Follow
    hasanyusaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AoA civic guys. Im new here.. new in the civic world... ive kept a vario city previously for 4 years and then shifted to JDMs... and now ive decided to buy a reborn....Ive a few questions... will be grateful for ur input...

    a) model doesnt matter but in a budget of 130k... can I get a clean reborn in karachi?
    b) what are the weak areas of the car which I need to check before buying??
    c) how much would the ownership transfer cost me? (filer)
    d) whats the average i can get out of a properly tuned car within city with light foot and AC on?
    e) ANYONE knows any clean reborn for sale kindly update here...
    Ur Attitude determines Ur Altitude!!!!!

  10. #2349
    PakWheeler Follow
    Faizan920's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    A) I bought 2009, orial prosmatic, 2 piece paint, 120k driven in 1230k 2 month ago in lahore. You can definitely find a very clean and newer car in karachi
    C) costed me 4k for 2009 model in punjab,
    D) don't expect anything better then 8km/l in prosmatic and 10km/l in manual, no matter whatever you do.
    But one thing, no other car have that specific pleasure, I m not saying best, but a specific type of drive

    Sent from my C6616 using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #2350
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasanyusaf View Post
    AoA civic guys. Im new here.. new in the civic world... ive kept a vario city previously for 4 years and then shifted to JDMs... and now ive decided to buy a reborn....Ive a few questions... will be grateful for ur input...

    a) model doesnt matter but in a budget of 130k... can I get a clean reborn in karachi?
    b) what are the weak areas of the car which I need to check before buying??
    c) how much would the ownership transfer cost me? (filer)
    d) whats the average i can get out of a properly tuned car within city with light foot and AC on?
    e) ANYONE knows any clean reborn for sale kindly update here...
    i will be answering b and d part.

    The following are the parts which should be throughly checked before buying any civic 06-12

    i) Oil Mounting
    ii) Adjuster\tensioner
    iii) Power steering feed pipe.
    iv) Power windows (Driver side especially)
    v) Look for vibrations or noises you might find abnormal.

    As for average. A medium foot gives you 8. A light foot might take you to 8.5 to 9 inside city. Not more then that. Highways can fetch you 13 km/l (@120 kph) to 17 km/l (@90 kph)

    Good luck.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  12. #2351
    PakWheeler Follow
    hasanyusaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    i will be answering b and d part.

    The following are the parts which should be throughly checked before buying any civic 06-12

    i) Oil Mounting
    ii) Adjuster\tensioner
    iii) Power steering feed pipe.
    iv) Power windows (Driver side especially)
    v) Look for vibrations or noises you might find abnormal.

    As for average. A medium foot gives you 8. A light foot might take you to 8.5 to 9 inside city. Not more then that. Highways can fetch you 13 km/l (@120 kph) to 17 km/l (@90 kph)

    Good luck.

    Thankyou so much for the detailed reply... now atleast i know wat to look for in a reborn... a little more clarification required though

    oil mounting you mean the oil sump under the engine or some other area???

    by adjuster/tensioner u mean the pulley type structure which tightens the belt going around generator and ac compressor???

    power steering feed pipe location under the hood or inside the car under the steering wheel???

    thanx again for ur input...

    i bought used city vario and ran it for years... only thing that made me visit honda center was its suspension issues... wats the suspension like in reborn?
    Ur Attitude determines Ur Altitude!!!!!

  13. #2352
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rahat083144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasanyusaf View Post
    Thankyou so much for the detailed reply... now atleast i know wat to look for in a reborn... a little more clarification required though

    oil mounting you mean the oil sump under the engine or some other area???

    by adjuster/tensioner u mean the pulley type structure which tightens the belt going around generator and ac compressor???

    power steering feed pipe location under the hood or inside the car under the steering wheel???

    thanx again for ur input...

    i bought used city vario and ran it for years... only thing that made me visit honda center was its suspension issues... wats the suspension like in reborn?
    Oil mount means the engine mount towards the top right side of the car.

    Yes, regarding what you say about the tensioner.

    Power steering feed pipe is towards the right side of the engine (slightly behind it), not inside the car.

    Suspension has been solid, in my experience, after I had it overhauled when I bought my 2007 Civic a couple of years back. Its pretty hard though, if you are used to soft suspensions.

  14. #2353
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    incognito59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahat083144 View Post
    Oil mount means the engine mount towards the top right side of the car.

    Yes, regarding what you say about the tensioner.

    Power steering feed pipe is towards the right side of the engine (slightly behind it), not inside the car.

    Suspension has been solid, in my experience, after I had it overhauled when I bought my 2007 Civic a couple of years back. Its pretty hard though, if you are used to soft suspensions.
    It is known as engine mounting not.oil.mounting
    life is but wheels!

  15. #2354
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incognito59 View Post
    It is known as engine mounting not.oil.mounting
    The reason we call it oil mounting is because it is a hydraulic engine mount. The other two are solid iron mounts in 8th generation.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  16. #2355
    Newbie Follow
    annas.sardar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default Civic Vti Prosmatec available

    Hey,

    Civic Prosmatec VTi Black Color, Alloy rims, 6 CD Changer, Doors Repaint because of Insurance! 79000 Km driven, smooth drive.. Contact: 0321 265 3005 , Demand 1100K! FnF.. Location Karachi..

    Quote Originally Posted by hasanyusaf View Post
    AoA civic guys. Im new here.. new in the civic world... ive kept a vario city previously for 4 years and then shifted to JDMs... and now ive decided to buy a reborn....Ive a few questions... will be grateful for ur input...

    a) model doesnt matter but in a budget of 130k... can I get a clean reborn in karachi?
    b) what are the weak areas of the car which I need to check before buying??
    c) how much would the ownership transfer cost me? (filer)
    d) whats the average i can get out of a properly tuned car within city with light foot and AC on?
    e) ANYONE knows any clean reborn for sale kindly update here...

  17. #2356
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hey guys, I hope you all are doing good.

    I wanted to know from where I can get original iridium spark-plugs for a 2007 Civic Hybrid from Rawalpindi or Islamabad? If anyone can guide me towards a good shop, I would really appreciate it. Is Indus Motors in Saddar a good shop to get the spark plugs from as they deal mostly in Mercedes and BMW spares? The plugs I'm looking for are "NGK Iridium Spark Plugs LFR6AIX-11", for reference.

    Thank you
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

  18. #2357
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rahat083144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    Hey guys, I hope you all are doing good.

    I wanted to know from where I can get original laser iridium spark-plugs for a 2007 Civic Hybrid from Rawalpindi or Islamabad? If anyone can guide me towards a good shop, I would really appreciate it. Is Indus Motors in Saddar a good shop to get the spark plugs from as they deal mostly in Mercedes and BMW spares? The plugs I'm looking for are "NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs LFR6AIX-11", for reference.

    Thank you
    If the number is ending with 'IX', it has to be Iridium IX series not the Laser Iridium series. Per my experience, the Iridium IX series is generally harder to find here in Karachi, although I don't know about ISB/RWP.

  19. #2358
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahat083144 View Post
    If the number is ending with 'IX', it has to be Iridium IX series not the Laser Iridium series. Per my experience, the Iridium IX series is generally harder to find here in Karachi, although I don't know about ISB/RWP.
    Thank you for the correction.
    I am actually searching for two sets of spark-plugs so I might've gotten a bit confused; the LFR6AIX-11 and the ILFR6J-11K. I'll buy the set that I can find easily because both are very good spark plugs from my experience. Right now, I've had no luck in finding either one of them. Will go to Honda Center tomorrow and inquire from them.
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

  20. #2359
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mhaderaziz_official's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    15
    Posts
    1,425
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Anyone?? ^^^^
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

  21. #2360
    PakWheeler Follow
    r18a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Salam. Bought my lovely ride honda civic reborn 2010 5 months ago. Please say Mashallah.
    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - 99b9ca66e15cb0dccec3de2209df4aed8th generation Civic fan and owner club - 5b9d5924582c54f52b7616b0254c2d088th generation Civic fan and owner club - ce03def3388aeb426e482a2e7f1fa1b58th generation Civic fan and owner club - f1a4e99067c33ef3f56fe4704759e92f

    Sent from my SM-G900F using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •