1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

Online workshop Manual:

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

Maintenance schedule:

Fluids:

Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

(Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

Parts change:

Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

Tyres:

Best All rounder tires:

Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

Extreme traction/grip:

Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

*Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now I'm no expert when it comes to car engines, but our '12 prosmatec suddenly started to vibrate upon starting one day, and RPMs also rose as if someone was revving it. Driver cleaned out the air filter after a couple of days and the start up problem was gone, but it's still there as soon as the car is shifted to R like it was before. No problems while driving whatsoever. Any ideas anyone?
    Sorry for a long post btw.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    Well, both have their Pros and Cons so I am gonna put down main things to consider and do a direct comparison.
    Pros for 8th Gen: It has an overall better driving pleasure, it hugs the road better, corners much better, it's agile and sharp specially at turns, it is quite confident in driving under rash conditions compared to 9th.
    Pros for 9th Gen: It has better ride comfort, interior is better, fuel consumption is better, gadgets are better, headlight illumination is better, easier and convenient to drive in daily use, the braking system has a better force and response (please do keep in minding braking force and grip are two different things)

Now the driving difference mainly comes down to the way it feels, just the feeling of your hands on the steering and movement of the car, I have taken 8th Gen till 221 kmph on stock 195/65-15 tyre size and I didn't feel scared. Whereas this is exactly where the 9th Gen lacks. On 195/65-15 Yokos despite all balancing and everything the car feels bouncy and in the air/afloat. And at 140 it gave the feeling which 8th does at 190. Then I switched to 205/60-15 Yokos and the car got much better, less bouncy and was okay till 170, but beyond that it's too scary in the 9th but never on the 8th.

In a nutshell: forgetting the cruise control on motorway, I would simply like to take 8th Gen for the trip instead of 9th. Taking turns on Murree and Nathiagali roads 8th is much better. For driving a bit in the mood I wouldn't want 9th. For everyday use and peaceful driving. I would simply want the 9th Gen. The 9th could have been as good for fun as well in driving if it wasn't so high.

Disclaimer: please don't think these ordinary family cars are meant for over speeding. Sometimes you are feeling stupid, try not to go into that state of mind. Drive safe

BUT: Overall preference, 8th Gen. It's easier to let a 9th Gen go but not 8th

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964
    Very well summarised. For me, 8th gen was love. I had a daily commute of around 216 km from lahore to khanqadograh on my 2011 Modern Steel 8th Gen. It was a manual. Damn I miss the feeling of shifting through the gears, just something about a proper manual gearbox that an auto can never replace. I drove the car 180,000km in three years. My route took me from phase 5 dha ring road entrance to babu sabu exit and onto M2 all the way to khanqadograh. Those were the days man, just myself, my 8th gen and straight tarmac. Sometimes I would cruise, sometimes I would stretch it to 200-205kmph.

Sadly, I had to let it go. My wife said she's never seen me so sad and upset after I sold my car. I almost cried when the buyer drove away. I've kept all civics starting from 5th gen all the way to 9th. And now booked the turbo Alhamdulilah. But the 8th will always be special
    Let me know if you want my opinion on both as I kept them parallel for 3 and a half years

Sent from my SM-G935F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moooniraja View Post
    Salam . Today i went to honda for tunning . While doing tappet adjustment they told me that one of the tappet is sliped and it wont tight and will make sound . They recommend me to change whole tappets set but they were not available in their parts store and they ask me to leave car for one week but i insist to fix it now so they called their head and he somehow manage to tight the tappet but it was sliped and not fully tight . Now the car running smooth and soundless .what you guys suggest should i chage whole tappets or should i wait as the car is now running fine. And what problem may arise due to this .car is civic 2012 prosmatec and milage is 70k. One more thing my car engine vibrates in 2nd gear and when it shifts to 3rd vibration disappears . And the vibration is only in 1000 to 2000rpm if rpm is high no vibration . Is it the problem with transmission or engine foundaion.
    at 70k u should change ur transmission fluid and also clean the catalytic converter for the cars optimum performance also pit a new fuel filter

Sent from my SM-N910C using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman1texh View Post
    Very well summarised. For me, 8th gen was love. I had a daily commute of around 216 km from lahore to khanqadograh on my 2011 Modern Steel 8th Gen. It was a manual. Damn I miss the feeling of shifting through the gears, just something about a proper manual gearbox that an auto can never replace. I drove the car 180,000km in three years. My route took me from phase 5 dha ring road entrance to babu sabu exit and onto M2 all the way to khanqadograh. Those were the days man, just myself, my 8th gen and straight tarmac. Sometimes I would cruise, sometimes I would stretch it to 200-205kmph.

Sadly, I had to let it go. My wife said she's never seen me so sad and upset after I sold my car. I almost cried when the buyer drove away. I've kept all civics starting from 5th gen all the way to 9th. And now booked the turbo Alhamdulilah. But the 8th will always be special

After the 8th Gen only 10th has made a place in my heart. Let's see how it drives. 8th to 9th was a half generation gap but 9th to 10th is a giant leap and feels like a 2 generation gap.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After the 8th Gen only 10th has made a place in my heart. Let's see how it drives. 8th to 9th was a half generation gap but 9th to 10th is a giant leap and feels like a 2 generation gap.

I second that. I bought a Vezel Hybrid Z after my 8th gen. Never liked it. Sold it after 6 months. Just like yourself, I have high expectations from the 10th gen. Personally I'm not a fan of the cvt transmission. I don't like the way it feels. But from what I've read and watched on YouTube the cvt in the civic drives really well. So let's see inshaAllah. Really excited.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman1texh View Post
    I second that. I bought a Vezel Hybrid Z after my 8th gen. Never liked it. Sold it after 6 months. Just like yourself, I have high expectations from the 10th gen. Personally I'm not a fan of the cvt transmission. I don't like the way it feels. But from what I've read and watched on YouTube the cvt in the civic drives really well. So let's see inshaAllah. Really excited.

Sir same here regarding CVT. I kind of like the jerk and punch on a Prosmatec when you floor it. CVT feels like added noise. Hope Honda gives a responsive one on 10th

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently had Civic's rear brakepads changed (Nissin) from Honda Pitstop Cavalry..Now, I've noticed that when i start the car I hear a weird scratch sound while braking. The sound disappears after running the car for 10 minutes or so. So it's there only when the car is cold.

Secondly, I've noticed weird sound (screeeetch) coming from Engine while accelerating specially when the rpm is > 2500.

What could be the issue?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zxc2.0 View Post
    Now I'm no expert when it comes to car engines, but our '12 prosmatec suddenly started to vibrate upon starting one day, and RPMs also rose as if someone was revving it. Driver cleaned out the air filter after a couple of days and the start up problem was gone, but it's still there as soon as the car is shifted to R like it was before. No problems while driving whatsoever. Any ideas anyone?
    Sorry for a long post btw.
    Your engine mount need to be changed.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal993 View Post

Thanks. Will take it to 3S tomorrow to see if that's it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone can share the mileage they are getting. Both automatic and manual. I want to compare it with my 7th gen civic

Sent from my ONE E1001 using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noobie View Post
    I recently had Civic's rear brakepads changed (Nissin) from Honda Pitstop Cavalry..Now, I've noticed that when i start the car I hear a weird scratch sound while braking. The sound disappears after running the car for 10 minutes or so. So it's there only when the car is cold.

Secondly, I've noticed weird sound (screeeetch) coming from Engine while accelerating specially when the rpm is > 2500.

What could be the issue?
    Bump.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post
    Anyone can share the mileage they are getting. Both automatic and manual. I want to compare it with my 7th gen civic

2010 prosmatec Oriel and getting average of 11.7 with light foot (keeping rom below 2000)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by explora82 View Post
    2010 prosmatec Oriel and getting average of 11.7 with light foot (keeping rom below 2000)

keeping Rpm**

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadd View Post

My 2007 Prosmatec gives around 9 with AC. Its my wife's daily driver and she drives fast, and when I use it the consumption is even worse as I cant help flooring it - feels so much fun after my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does the non-oriel version have air bags?

Also does the oriel have climate control?
    Please quote or tag me if you want me to reply as I dont check forums often.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDevil View Post
    Does the non-oriel version have air bags?

Also does the oriel have climate control?
    The answer to both is: NO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mine gives 7.7km/liter in dubai with light foot. daily 80km drive at 110km/hr at 2 Rpm
    I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother did you fave the same issue and change of mount resolved It ? Very slight viberation n The rpm raise after a slight reving ? How is that related anyway the rpm raise with mount

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
    Brother did you fave the same issue and change of mount resolved It ? Very slight viberation n The rpm raise after a slight reving ? How is that related anyway the rpm raise with mount
    Yes i had same problem twice. On Reverse there will be some vibrations and rpm drops slightly. This is due to broken engine mount.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i had same problem twice. On Reverse there will be some vibrations and rpm drops slightly. This is due to broken engine mount.

Thanks buddy .. But mine is a manual and the problem suddenly arose after some work done which involved mount dismantling .. Now the rpm doesnt drop but raises agter reving and letting go ..at static and even when driving slow in lower gears .. Very slight viberation at 1st gear lift off

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List