Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2612
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #1261
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    796
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    what about the imb key i only got one i dont know but the majority of the previous owners like to keep one key and the manual as a souvenir it's really irritating .can i disable the immobilizer? What the price of fuel filter ?
    It came with only 1 imb key, 2nd key was simple or manual.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using PW Forum app
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

  3. #1262
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    and also what about after market navigation how much it will cost and also is there anyway for the maps to work ..
    r3act

  4. #1263
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    It came with only 1 imb key, 2nd key was simple or manual.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using PW Forum app
    just got one imb key
    r3act

  5. #1264
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    what about the imb key i only got one i dont know but the majority of the previous owners like to keep one key and the manual as a souvenir it's really irritating .can i disable the immobilizer? What the price of fuel filter ?
    Bro dont even think about getting your immobilizer removed (by the way i doubt if it can be done) thats a reason why less civics are stolen. You can get the simple im key without buttons from Honda in 4500 and the keyless/remote one is for 9800. The aftermarket navigation is around 17000 and depending on navigation card can go upto 21000


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  6. #1265
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Any real use of getting the catcon cleaned??? And in lahore which dealership offers this facility?
    Powered by Honda R18

  7. #1266
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    adil5855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,651
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Hm....
    Reborn ..
    The Real Driving pleasure ..
    Hopefully will join this fan club again with a Gorgeous 8th gen Soon IA
    Excited
    Again 8th Gen Civic


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

  8. #1267
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Hm....
    Reborn ..
    The Real Driving pleasure ..
    Hopefully will join this fan club again with a Gorgeous 8th gen Soon IA
    Excited

    Got the car checked
    It was a full major accidented car all panels were re painted except for the roof
    Ad is here at pakwheels.com
    Used cars section
    VTi oriel prosmatec in Habenaro red
    2009 model
    I was really excited but in the end thought its better to get the car checked
    And luckily ALLAH PAK saved me from that disaster !
    Beware guys !
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  9. #1268
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Got the car checked
    It was a full major accidented car all panels were re painted except for the roof
    Ad is here at pakwheels.com
    Used cars section
    VTi oriel prosmatec in Habenaro red
    2009 model
    ASH-267 Registration number
    I was really excited but in the end thought its better to get the car checked
    And luckily ALLAH PAK saved me from that disaster !
    Beware guys !
    Ahmad bhai be careful. Thanks to Allah you are saved from this disaster.
    I'd say go for 2010+ model civic as previous 2006-2009 civics have problems.
    Pay a little more for your own satisfaction.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #1269
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guys is there aux port in the 6 cd player cox there is a button in it for that maybe at the back ..and also how much will the shop keeper deduct from the org cd player if i get the navigation one ? and also what about the steering emblem its chrome is gone which i see is common in Honda 8th gen what can i do about that ?
    r3act

  11. #1270
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    guys is there aux port in the 6 cd player cox there is a button in it for that maybe at the back ..and also how much will the shop keeper deduct from the org cd player if i get the navigation one ? and also what about the steering emblem its chrome is gone which i see is common in Honda 8th gen what can i do about that ?
    Yes the changer has an aux slot at the back.

    About the steering logo, you can get a new centre piece. I tried the mugen type red sticker but didn't work for me.

    As far as shopkeeper deducting the changer he will offer you 5000 saying: "sir is ki toh demand hi nahi hai" and in future when or if your navigation system goes faulty and you decide to get a changer back you will be paying about 15000 to buy it back second hand as the shopkeeper will then say: "sir yeh original hai is liye mehnga hai". So my advice is, keep it with you as its not worth letting it go for 5000


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  12. #1271
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Yes the changer has an aux slot at the back.

    About the steering logo, you can get a new centre piece. I tried the mugen type red sticker but didn't work for me.

    As far as shopkeeper deducting the changer he will offer you 5000 saying: "sir is ki toh demand hi nahi hai" and in future when or if your navigation system goes faulty and you decide to get a changer back you will be paying about 15000 to buy it back second hand as the shopkeeper will then say: "sir yeh original hai is liye mehnga hai". So my advice is, keep it with you as its not worth letting it go for 5000


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    is it simple plug and play can i do it a home as DIY .Or dose the electrician have to put wires in or some kind of device ..

    and how much is the center piece is it just the badge or the entire steering center piece ..
    r3act

  13. #1272
    PakWheeler Follow
    q_malik7142's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hey how can i find out the average of civic 1.8? And if i remove door sill plates will the paint come off as well?

  14. #1273
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    is it simple plug and play can i do it a home as DIY .Or dose the electrician have to put wires in or some kind of device ..

    and how much is the center piece is it just the badge or the entire steering center piece ..
    Its the whole centre piece of steering which is around 6-7k from bilal gunj lahore. A complete new steering wheel is available also for around 12k

    And about the aux you may break clips or dials etc of aircon knobs so its better to pay 200-250 to any deck wala and get him to fix the cable in slot at back. Its not that complicated though. Also let the other/outer end for the cable to be placed inside your glove box (dashboard, the route of wire is easy that way, from the back directly into glove box) or the area under changer that has cigarette lighter is also suitable for outlet instead of hanging it by taking it out from the side/front of changer directly as it may look ugly and also wont let the changer fit properly back if wire is brought out from the front/side. If the changer does fit back properly it will press the cable from that area.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  15. #1274
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    guys is there aux port in the 6 cd player cox there is a button in it for that maybe at the back ..and also how much will the shop keeper deduct from the org cd player if i get the navigation one ? and also what about the steering emblem its chrome is gone which i see is common in Honda 8th gen what can i do about that ?
    There is the option of aux but there is no slot at back...the wires have to be made and also activate the aux option....go to some music shop and get it done from there i payed something around 1000 for the whole job
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  16. #1275
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    InNoCeNt_DeViL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,734
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Ahmad bhai be careful. Thanks to Allah you are saved from this disaster.
    I'd say go for 2010+ model civic as previous 2006-2009 civics have problems.
    Pay a little more for your own satisfaction.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    The only reason for searching 2009 model is , i dont want to pay WHT of 75 k on a used car ..
    Thats why i was looking for 2009 model
    But 99 percent of them are abused !
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

  17. #1276
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    You wont have to pay wht on 2010 model car noe manufactured in february :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  18. #1277
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys best whats the best oil for the ride ..
    r3act

  19. #1278
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Its the whole centre piece of steering which is around 6-7k from bilal gunj lahore. A complete new steering wheel is available also for around 12k

    And about the aux you may break clips or dials etc of aircon knobs so its better to pay 200-250 to any deck wala and get him to fix the cable in slot at back. Its not that complicated though. Also let the other/outer end for the cable to be placed inside your glove box (dashboard, the route of wire is easy that way, from the back directly into glove box) or the area under changer that has cigarette lighter is also suitable for outlet instead of hanging it by taking it out from the side/front of changer directly as it may look ugly and also wont let the changer fit properly back if wire is brought out from the front/side. If the changer does fit back properly it will press the cable from that area.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    can't i just take out the badge and paint it with chrome paint .
    r3act

  20. #1279
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    can't i just take out the badge and paint it with chrome paint .
    Hmmm, not sure about the painting part but the option of getting a new badge from montgomery road can be explored


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  21. #1280
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZainMahdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    928
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by q_malik7142 View Post
    Hey how can i find out the average of civic 1.8? And if i remove door sill plates will the paint come off as well?
    Fuel average? The most accurate way is to fill the tank completely, reset to zero, and drive around until the reserve light comes on. Note down the km covered and liters consumed. Repeat this for at least 2 more tanks for the most accurate results.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •