1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

Online workshop Manual:

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

Maintenance schedule:

Fluids:

Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

(Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

Parts change:

Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

Tyres:

Best All rounder tires:

Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

Extreme traction/grip:

Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

*Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Guys whats up ? i am really confused about something and its driving me nuts .here's the story , when i bought my car it had a reserve light on so when i went to the petrol pump i only had 1500 rs since i had to pay the guy in the showroom 2000 rs for cleaning and stuff .so ive told the pump guy to fill up 20 litters this way i can also check the petrol avg ,so only 6 bar came up in the fuel gauge . and today i told the same guy to fill up my tank and it took 34.25 litters to fill up . so here the math first fill up 6 x 2.6= 15.6 and second fill is 34.75 so therefore 15.6+34.75 = 50.35. now here's the confusion part where did my five litters went since the car has been in garage since ive got it just simple 5 min starts to warm up the car in the morning . i did drove the car for 7km as well when brought the car home and today when i went to drop my little sis . i am worried that what if my 5 litters went after driving 7km then i am screwed big time since my drive is long . I am also hoping that the car had an empty tank just few drops of petrol and therefore the 5 litters are in the reserve .
    Starting, idling and less distance driving has the horrible most effect on a car's fuel average, so you must have done some wrong additions. There was no way to calculate if you already had 15.6 litres in the car. Secondly the 2.6 liter per dot phenomenon is in my opinion a wild guess and has no authenticity. The fuel guage dots are only an approximate idea. I once drove my car about 10-15 kms even after the last dot vanished, on a ZERO dot. So I wouldn't be surprised with such a mathematical calculation that you did. You can't figure out fuel average being good or bad this way.
    A certain distance may give you 0.5 kmpl and the next stretch may give you 20 kmpl. The only fool proof way is to calculate full fillups with full tank fuel being consumed for a couple of tanks to get a mean and then come to a conclusion if your car is giving a bad average. Judging is only gonna bring you mental surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Starting, idling and less distance driving has the horrible most effect on a car's fuel average, so you must have done some wrong additions. There was no way to calculate if you already had 15.6 litres in the car. Secondly the 2.6 liter per dot phenomenon is in my opinion a wild guess and has no authenticity. The fuel guage dots are only an approximate idea. I once drove my car about 10-15 kms even after the last dot vanished, on a ZERO dot. So I wouldn't be surprised with such a mathematical calculation that you did. You can't figure out fuel average being good or bad this way.
    A certain distance may give you 0.5 kmpl and the next stretch may give you 20 kmpl. The only fool proof way is to calculate full fillups with full tank fuel being consumed for a couple of tanks to get a mean and then come to a conclusion if your car is giving a bad average. Judging is only gonna bring you mental surprises.

It drives for more than 40kms after vanishing for manual and above 30 for auto :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also would like to correct a rough method many people use. Which is: Fill the tank, dont note the liters and instead say "yaar takreeban idhar hi thi guage jab full karaya tha, pichlay tank mai 400 chali thee aur is tank mai 350 chali hai sirf aur guage almost wahin par hai jitni last time thee. Lagta hai ab zyada khanay lagi hai petrol aik dum"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    I also would like to correct a rough method many people use. Which is: Fill the tank, dont note the liters and instead say "yaar takreeban idhar hi thi guage jab full karaya tha, pichlay tank mai 400 chali thee aur is tank mai 350 chali hai sirf aur guage almost wahin par hai jitni last time thee. Lagta hai ab zyada khanay lagi hai petrol aik dum"

This is the best idea...drive it till it stops....pour 10 litres of fuel and drive until it stops ...divide the distance by 10 :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    This is the best idea...drive it till it stops....pour 10 litres of fuel and drive until it stops ...divide the distance by 10 :p
    Thats the Jeremy Clarkson from TopGear method

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guyz... mine pros. Is giving 9.7 km/l with high rpm 2-3 in city with 17" rims. Its just Wowww...
    Last moth just changed oil, love u caltex havolin fully synthetic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using PW Forum app
    By Loving your Parents and Humanity, you will get the whole World.
    Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    Guyz... mine pros. Is giving 9.7 km/l with high rpm 2-3 in city with 17" rims. Its just Wowww...
    Last moth just changed oil, love u caltex havolin fully synthetic.

I was gonna shift to fully synthetic havoline from havoline formula 10-30 but some people here said it will cause oil reduction problem...is it true?or should i go for it?is the engine noisy??and what about the drive khench ly k chlti hai ya smooth as silk?
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was gonna shift to fully synthetic havoline from havoline formula 10-30 but some people here said it will cause oil reduction problem...is it true?or should i go for it?is the engine noisy??and what about the drive khench ly k chlti hai ya smooth as silk?
    Bhai i feel very positive change after using caltex havolin fully synthetic.
    Before using fully syn. my ride was giving 7-8km/l with 17" rims. And sfter using this oil its giving good enough average with hard food 2-3 rpm 9.7km/l is good enough with 17" rims and with hard foot.
    And i dont face any problem regarding noice and oil reducing problem. Its just awesome dude.
    If i drive with light foot and with 16 or 15 rims it will definitely give 11km/l in city.

Love and Respect your Parents, because we have no replacement of them in this world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And be carefull while buying engine oil, there is copy of caltex havolin fully synthetic in many places...
    Buy it from any good patrol pump.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleoz View Post
    And be carefull while buying engine oil, there is copy of caltex havolin fully synthetic in many places...
    Buy it from any good patrol pump.

I change oil from caltex operated oil change place so it wont be a copy...i was just concerned with the oil reduction thing...will usee fully snthetic now...how many kms u are using it for?
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I use it 4000 to 4500. Not more then 4500

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont have a gud experience with it..there wasnt any oil reduction at all but the car felt heavier as its 5w-40..its a but thicker at operating temperatures..i wuld recomend total quartz 9000 imported one from a gud reputable oil shop..or a total petrol pump..its 5w30 and is THE grade honda recommends in the user manual for our environment..or u can try any other oil in 5w30 grade..the decision is upto u in the end..just my 2 cents:-)