Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2613
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #1401
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Are you getting a check engine light? O2 sensor if not working should probably cause that.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    no just a fuel smell from the tail pipe and a bad fuel avg ...no smoke either ..and the rpm is perfectly idle neither does the car shakes or anything..

    yar if u dont mind could u give me your contact no.
    r3act

  3. #1402
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    no just a fuel smell from the tail pipe and a bad fuel avg ...no smoke either ..and the rpm is perfectly idle neither does the car shakes or anything..

    yar if u dont mind could u give me your contact no.
    Sure bro, check message in your PW inbox


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #1403
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    here's a interesting thread i found which will be helpful to many ..
    r3act

  5. #1404
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    r3act

  6. #1405
    PakWheeler Follow
    mwanwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    538
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    I do it after every 5k km drive

  7. #1406
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,076
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    no just a fuel smell from the tail pipe and a bad fuel avg ...no smoke either ..and the rpm is perfectly idle neither does the car shakes or anything..

    yar if u dont mind could u give me your contact no.
    Get electronic tuning done from honda....a faulty o2 will give u check engine light...do tell if the engine noise is louder than the same generation civic around


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  8. #1407
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ali bhai it needs tuning plug change and throttle body cleaning and also tappet cleaning o2 sensor is fine .
    r3act

  9. #1408
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Ali bhai it needs tuning plug change and throttle body cleaning and also tappet cleaning o2 sensor is fine .
    Bro that is exactly what we thought and talked about. What about the fuel filter? Did you get it checked too? If not i'd say while you're at it will be great and even better if done


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #1409
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A very controversial question: Do the iridium plugs of the 8th gen civic need cleaning???..Currently my civic is driven 30 thousand kms without ever cleaning once..and when i go to honda 3s they say we wont clean them..What should i do?
    Powered by Honda R18

  11. #1410
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    A very controversial question: Do the iridium plugs of the 8th gen civic need cleaning???..Currently my civic is driven 30 thousand kms without ever cleaning once..and when i go to honda 3s they say we wont clean them..What should i do?
    I don't think so, manufacturer says you just change them at 100k but to be safe i got mine changed at 80k. I don't exactly remember them being cleaned in between. But just for the heck of it to be on a safe side, get them out and see if they need it. Which I doubt they may be needing and if that's needed at all which is one in a thousand chance, they will need replacement. It's not at all recommended to fiddle with them like cleaning and stuff.

    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  12. #1411
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    I don't think so, manufacturer says you just change them at 100k but to be safe i got mine changed at 80k. I don't exactly remember them being cleaned in between. But just for the heck of it to be on a safe side, get them out and see if they need it. Which I doubt they may be needing and if that's needed at all which is one in a thousand chance, they will need replacement. It's not at all recommended to fiddle with them like cleaning and stuff.

    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanku so much for answering..another controversional question is whether u shuld put in an injector cleaner in the fuel tank or whether mixing high octane wuld do the same job???
    Powered by Honda R18

  13. #1412
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Thanku so much for answering..another controversional question is whether u shuld put in an injector cleaner in the fuel tank or whether mixing high octane wuld do the same job???
    To be honest i have never used injector cleaners. Some experts say a cleaner may bring damage to the parts as it has chemical properties of which extensive use may not be fruitful. Or the clogging may end up somewhere else.
    However a fuel additive is a different story and may be used. But then again hi-octane probably ends up too as an additive. I myself have always opted for the hi-octane method, that too not pure but a mixture of max 50-50 with regular petrol.
    But this is my opinion, not sure if right or wrong


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  14. #1413
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    To be honest i have never used injector cleaners. Some experts say a cleaner may bring damage to the parts as it has chemical properties of which extensive use may not be fruitful. Or the clogging may end up somewhere else.
    However a fuel additive is a different story and may be used. But then again hi-octane probably ends up too as an additive. I myself have always opted for the hi-octane method, that too not pure but a mixture of max 50-50 with regular petrol.
    But this is my opinion, not sure if right or wrong


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks a bunch mate!
    Powered by Honda R18

  15. #1414
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,076
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Ali bhai it needs tuning plug change and throttle body cleaning and also tappet cleaning o2 sensor is fine .
    Dont let anyone do the throttle body cleaning apart from honda neither the tappets or you will be having a dancing rpm...electronic tuning is what you need and for the plugs go for the bosch four tip plugs stock ones are also perfect


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  16. #1415
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok guys here the update got my car tune .got tappet adjusted ,plugs clean and throttle body cleaned .The fuel smell from the tail pipe is gone and steam is produce which off-course is good ,but here's the problem i am facing rite now and that is the rpm ,rpm is idling at 1500 .What could be the reason is it because of the throttle body ? And also ecu has been reseted..
    r3act

  17. #1416
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Ok guys here the update got my car tune .got tappet adjusted ,plugs clean and throttle body cleaned .The fuel smell from the tail pipe is gone and steam is produce which off-course is good ,but here's the problem i am facing rite now and that is the rpm ,rpm is idling at 1500 .What could be the reason is it because of the throttle body ? And also ecu has been reseted..
    From where did you get it done.
    Honda does a computerised throttle calibration after throttle cleaning. Did you do that ?

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  18. #1417
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    From where did you get it done.
    Honda does a computerised throttle calibration after throttle cleaning. Did you do that ?

    Sent from my SM-G900F
    nope i got it done by my mechanic rest of the car is fine only rpm issue .i did face this issue before when i diy tuning of my 7 th gen civic before but i cant remember what i did to fix it .
    r3act

  19. #1418
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanamjad82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    OBDII scanner might help you
    ...success takes time, persistence, determination, and most importantly, believing in yourself

  20. #1419
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    nope i got it done by my mechanic rest of the car is fine only rpm issue .i did face this issue before when i diy tuning of my 7 th gen civic before but i cant remember what i did to fix it .
    7th gen is not Drive by wire
    8th gen is Drive by wire.
    Go to Honda and they will calibrate your throttle and it will be fixed.
    they will charge you around 500 for this. its just a 10 minutes JOB
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  21. #1420
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    7th gen is not Drive by wire
    8th gen is Drive by wire.
    Go to Honda and they will calibrate your throttle and it will be fixed.
    they will charge you around 500 for this. its just a 10 minutes JOB

    what should i tell them .humray honda walay ider fsd mai chil uterty hai .
    r3act

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •