1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

Online workshop Manual:

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

Maintenance schedule:

Fluids:

Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

(Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

Parts change:

Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

Tyres:

Best All rounder tires:

Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

Extreme traction/grip:

Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

*Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Thanks alot ali for helping as always..
    By the way, Pay a visit to Cavalry Motors for an opinion if ure in Lahore. Ask for Haji Mustafa there. Also is the noise there at night or during day as well? Lights ON or OFF? AC on or off? Because those are the only instances when alternator takes a load on the belt which may noise. Else it starts working under normal load as soon as you start the car. Should noise even at below 1000rpm if it has an issue. More than RPM it depends on running electrical loads of your car.
    I remember my E class giving errors and messages with all AC, Audio even Brake efficiency going haywire and nuts along with multi display warning messages due to alternator. Had to switch all electricals off to keep it driving till workshop, the point being is your noise more prominent with electrical functions?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    By the way, Pay a visit to Cavalry Motors for an opinion if ure in Lahore. Ask for Haji Mustafa there. Also is the noise there at night or during day as well? Lights ON or OFF? AC on or off? Because those are the only instances when alternator takes a load on the belt which may noise. Else it starts working under normal load as soon as you start the car. Should noise even at below 1000rpm if it has an issue. More than RPM it depends on running electrical loads of your car.
    I remember my E class giving errors and messages with all AC, Audio even Brake efficiency going haywire and nuts along with multi display warning messages due to alternator. Had to switch all electricals off to keep it driving till workshop, the point being is your noise more prominent with electrical functions?

Nope it has no connection with any electrical load its there all the time but not at idle rpm i.e 700-800rpm..When the rpm rises to 1000 -1500 u hear a sound like 'wannnnnnnnnnnnn' thats very faint but perceptible..i once opened the hood and it was coming from the pulley area which seemed likely to be the adjuster( auto tensioner) area..maybe its pulley has gone bad dont know
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys how is the mileage of Honda civic 2006-2007 model in city as i heard civic gives very bad mileage. Is its true? How to increase its mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 512a View Post
    Guys how is the mileage of Honda civic 2006-2007 model in city as i heard civic gives very bad mileage. Is its true? How to increase its mileage
    If you are lucky to have a car with optimum engine systems and drive with a light foot with extreme care, 10-11 at most. Slightly heavy foot, 8.5-9
    And if something is wrong with the car, no figures can be quoted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 512a View Post
    10 and 11 with normL foot and medium foot it is 8.5 to 9 on heavy it is 7 to 8
    Btw this car does wonders on long route....on long route even if you drive with a medium feet it will give you above 14

Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey pakwhelers .
    i am having some issue with my car vti 1.8 2007 model 1 lac oddo.on cng it gives me about 150km on long p/tank in local 70-80km.in patrol it gives 7km in local p/L not tried on patrol in long rout yet.
    now the problem is that i am doubt full for consumption that it is not good.and one more thing when i move the car in 1st gear it makes jerks like where as in speed i tried it till 152 with a/c top speed in cng.when i wanna diagnosed one says its clutch issue one says its o2 censor issue one says both bla bla bla.on friday went to honda peshawer they examined the car accelerated to last tip of rpm wheeewwhhh that was mind blowing condition and than checked O2 censor and said ye to choke hochuki hy or is ki jali nikal di hy kisi ny isi liye kharcha ziada kr rahi hy .any ways might be there own mathematics .At the end they given estimate for changing clutch exhaust foundation and what not approx bill of 55k.....
    so could you guys please tell me what actually problem is?? changing clutch solves problem? what about exhaust ? is there any chance ? what is meant by jali nahi hy pura exhaust change hoga? it works really or not if i m not changing that is that reparable ??
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your average is bad only due to cng kit present there....and its not that bad normally it gives9 and 10...its only a setting issue on petrol nothing else...about cat many people are using cars without that jaali that not an issue

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And the jerking what kinf of jerking...while releasing the clutch?or while moving?

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by black88 View Post
    hey pakwhelers .
    i am having some issue with my car vti 1.8 2007 model 1 lac oddo.on cng it gives me about 150km on long p/tank in local 70-80km.in patrol it gives 7km in local p/L not tried on patrol in long rout yet.
    now the problem is that i am doubt full for consumption that it is not good.and one more thing when i move the car in 1st gear it makes jerks like where as in speed i tried it till 152 with a/c top speed in cng.when i wanna diagnosed one says its clutch issue one says its o2 censor issue one says both bla bla bla.on friday went to honda peshawer they examined the car accelerated to last tip of rpm wheeewwhhh that was mind blowing condition and than checked O2 censor and said ye to choke hochuki hy or is ki jali nikal di hy kisi ny isi liye kharcha ziada kr rahi hy .any ways might be there own mathematics .At the end they given estimate for changing clutch exhaust foundation and what not approx bill of 55k.....
    so could you guys please tell me what actually problem is?? changing clutch solves problem? what about exhaust ? is there any chance ? what is meant by jali nahi hy pura exhaust change hoga? it works really or not if i m not changing that is that reparable ??
    ????

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    And the jerking what kinf of jerking...while releasing the clutch?or while moving?

yes when releasing clutch in 1st gear

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

hey pakwhelers .
    This car was in the first place not designed to be compatible with CNG. That's slow poison for a Vtec 1.8 in terms of all systems even brakes which literally failed in my friends car just due to CNG. Long technical story and dynamics behind the brake incident though. But every single system of your car is probably getting cancer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes when releasing clutch in 1st gear
    Next time put the gear in second from still and try to move and see if it shows the same behaviour or not....if it doesnt then its not the clutch playe infact the first gear has problem....another problem which should be looked at firstly is to check the gear mount as its prone to fail at this age....my 2 cents is that its the disturbed tuning because of cng...secondaly the mount...thirdly clutch plate...fourthly the first gear

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    Next time put the gear in second from still and try to move and see if it shows the same behaviour or not....if it doesnt then its not the clutch playe infact the first gear has problem....another problem which should be looked at firstly is to check the gear mount as its prone to fail at this age....my 2 cents is that its the disturbed tuning because of cng...secondaly the mount...thirdly clutch plate...fourthly the first gear

i forgot to mention one more thing that after showing to honda i went to a local mechanic who raced the car eventually and released clutch immediately the wheel turned in full power and he said this is not the fault of clutch as if the clutch has defect the wheel never turns like this so again confusing.....
    and some time shifting to 2nd gear is a bit hard and some time couldn't shift revers gear until release clutch 2-3 times or shift gear to 1st 2nd constantly .after that possible to shift to revers gear

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i forgot to mention one more thing that after showing to honda i went to a local mechanic who raced the car eventually and released clutch immediately the wheel turned in full power and he said this is not the fault of clutch as if the clutch has defect the wheel never turns like this so again confusing.....
    and some time shifting to 2nd gear is a bit hard and some time couldn't shift revers gear until release clutch 2-3 times or shift gear to 1st 2nd constantly .after that possible to shift to revers gear
    Second gear and reverse gear problem is there in every manual reborn...its a company defect...for reverse if it isnt engaging easily put it in first gear move a bit like mere 10 meters then put it in reverse it will go easily in reverse....and abt clutch i told u first of all check for the tuning then the mount

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ashbal
    8th generation Civic fan and owner club - user online

yes sure i will.thank you so much brother for your valuable time and suggestions i will do the same as you mentioned and will see what happens next...thnx again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After driving any car...you will feel Manual Reborn Civic a TOTAL ****.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anybody selling a pair of Civic reborn side mirrors(without indicators)..????...And can anybody tell me how much will a pair cost from bilal gunj???..