1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

Online workshop Manual:

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

Maintenance schedule:

Fluids:

Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

(Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

Parts change:

Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

Tyres:

Best All rounder tires:

Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

Extreme traction/grip:

Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

*Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    Guys. Could anyone of you gentlemen sum up all or most of the common faults of the 8th gen civic? What to look out for when buying a used one?

Great thread you guys are running, i ll go through the whole of it soon but for now i need to pluck some info off of it...

Regards
    Some from my side, Check for engine mounting they are usually to be replaced, Also if the car ac trips down while running you got condensor problem, when you buy your car use both keys to start it, I have faced an immobilizer problem as well which is bit rare, about suspension i think its pretty much like normal. This car also had steering pump and pipe problems. Though issues aside, Its a treat to drive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    Guys. Could anyone of you gentlemen sum up all or most of the common faults of the 8th gen civic? What to look out for when buying a used one?

Great thread you guys are running, i ll go through the whole of it soon but for now i need to pluck some info off of it...

Regards
    To be honest there is nothing much specific, specially since ure buying it in UAE (which im sure have even better quality than Atlas Pakistan) and that too a 2011+ model. The problems were there in 2006-2008 model for faulty Power steering pipe till 2008 & Power window switch. The later ones had an engine mount issue. Both these issues were mostly catered by Atlas who did free of cost replacement even for cars without warranty.
    Remaining problems are totally dependent on maintainence, for cars not properly maintained according to schedule.
    These are usually related to every 40000km check ups and problems occurring may be linked together such as: throttle body service, tune up, cleaning of catcon and replacement of fuel filter etc. All these done and it gets new. If not done these result in slower acceleration response added with poor fuel economy. ATF is also to be changed every 40K. Iridium plugs at 100K but its even better to do it early if around 80K. The ignition self starter also needs service. Bearings last 100-125K. In local Atlas cars a few also came up with AC compressor issue. Defects are not there in 8th Gens apart from few mentioned unless its an abused car. Have been keeping them since 2006, replaced it with 2008 which was replaced with 2009 (now done 124000-kms on odo) and added with another one in 2011 (54000-kms) of which the last two I don't plan to sell yet for another few years (God Willing) since it will be hard to find these legends again as second hand.
    All what i have said is as per my experience with 8th Gens. Don't know what other fellows have experienced.
    My 9th gen on the other hand just driven 25000-kms has already gone through axle replacements twice and brake assembly once (both under warranty) and last week i had to claim my AC blower fan system too as it has started making noises.
    Nutshell: if ure getting a Honda (Al-Futtaim) certified car that is obviously properly mainatained so nothing much to worry about in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing i would recommend everyone for this car is that only use original break discs or you will be replacing them again and again....apart from that do check for coolant leaks because there are 3 pipes in this car which are not of up to mark quality and they leak not a big issue can be resolved easily...just open the coolant bottle and u will be able to check it from there...this issue can be there specially if there is water instead of collant in the bottle

Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    To be honest there is nothing much specific, specially since ure buying it in UAE (which im sure have even better quality than Atlas Pakistan) and that too a 2011+ model. The problems were there in 2006-2008 model for faulty Power steering pipe till 2008 & Power window switch. The later ones had an engine mount issue. Both these issues were mostly catered by Atlas who did free of cost replacement even for cars without warranty.
    Remaining problems are totally dependent on maintainence, for cars not properly maintained according to schedule.
    These are usually related to every 40000km check ups and problems occurring may be linked together such as: throttle body service, tune up, cleaning of catcon and replacement of fuel filter etc. All these done and it gets new. If not done these result in slower acceleration response added with poor fuel economy. ATF is also to be changed every 40K. Iridium plugs at 100K but its even better to do it early if around 80K. The ignition self starter also needs service. Bearings last 100-125K. In local Atlas cars a few also came up with AC compressor issue. Defects are not there in 8th Gens apart from few mentioned unless its an abused car. Have been keeping them since 2006, replaced it with 2008 which was replaced with 2009 (now done 124000-kms on odo) and added with another one in 2011 (54000-kms) of which the last two I don't plan to sell yet for another few years (God Willing) since it will be hard to find these legends again as second hand.
    All what i have said is as per my experience with 8th Gens. Don't know what other fellows have experienced.
    My 9th gen on the other hand just driven 25000-kms has already gone through axle replacements twice and brake assembly once (both under warranty) and last week i had to claim my AC blower fan system too as it has started making noises.
    Nutshell: if ure getting a Honda (Al-Futtaim) certified car that is obviously properly mainatained so nothing much to worry about in my opinion.

Beautifully summed up and this is probably what everyone wants to know about the problems in 8th gen civic..What are ur personal experiences regarding cat con cleaning because i myself havent gotten it cleaned once of my 2 yrs owning a 08 civic 8th gen..Shuld i go for it and from where?
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Beautifully summed up and this is probably what everyone wants to know about the problems in 8th gen civic..What are ur personal experiences regarding cat con cleaning because i myself havent gotten it cleaned once of my 2 yrs owning a 08 civic 8th gen..Shuld i go for it and from where?
    I got it cleaned from Cavalry Motors (Haji Mustafa) which used to be a Honda Pit Stop for many years till few months back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got it cleaned from Cavalry Motors (Haji Mustafa) which used to be a Honda Pit Stop for many years till few months back.

Is that person still there? And what were his charges? Did u notice any significant improvement bro?
    Powered by Honda R18

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My fuel avg dropped first bar before tuning used to drop at 24 km and second usually at 44 but now first dropped at 30 km i felt happy when that happened but after that second droped at 40 and then 3rd at 54 again ,one of friend said that i should remove the 3 way cat the honeycomb thing rite under the o2 sensor and honda people are the only one who can remove it safely because they have some special tool which wont hurt the o2 sensor .

i dont smell any fuel smell from any part of the car ,and car performance is excellent have no issue at all ..

or maybe the fuel quality isnt good where i get my car fill up i always been getting our cars filled from there since last 10 or 15 years .
    r3act

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Guys, I sold my 2011 manual reborn last year and now I am looking for a 2008-2010 model non-oriel prosmatec. Please share what the buying price currently is for these models with 40,000-80,000 on the odo max.

I have applied for admission overseas so I might have to sell it to pay the fee in oct/nov if I get an offer from the uni. So I would like to make a safe investment k koi jor ka jhatka na lag jaye 5-6 maheenay main.

Also please let me know if any of you or someone you know like to sell theirs.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Is that person still there? And what were his charges? Did u notice any significant improvement bro?
    Yes that workshop is still there. They charge Rs.1000 for Catcon cleaning. It alone doesn't effect much on driving performance. Only if you feel there's a smell in your exhaust then get it done or if your car mileage is at a multiple of 40000 kms

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    My fuel avg dropped first bar before tuning used to drop at 24 km and second usually at 44 but now first dropped at 30 km i felt happy when that happened but after that second droped at 40 and then 3rd at 54 again ,one of friend said that i should remove the 3 way cat the honeycomb thing rite under the o2 sensor and honda people are the only one who can remove it safely because they have some special tool which wont hurt the o2 sensor .

i dont smell any fuel smell from any part of the car ,and car performance is excellent have no issue at all ..

or maybe the fuel quality isnt good where i get my car fill up i always been getting our cars filled from there since last 10 or 15 years .
    Bro once again please don't judge your average by dots of the digital fuel guage. The car's fuel guage may have a different calibration and counting your dots for each number of liters is not at all a rule.
    I can make the dots disappear at even 0 km in trip meter if i leave it started idle. Every time you fill up your drive variates. Means you may be driving with more idling or more brakes or more rush, stop and go or a harder foot at some instance and may be a lighter foot in the next hour.
    The only way is to fill up, drive, exhaust tank, fill up again and then note how many liters you consumed.
    Sometimes my first dot drops at 50, sometimes 30 and at times on the highway it even went to 75. A fuel guage in cars is for an approximate idea, else it would be a fuel computer not a guage.
    So bhai sahab save yourself from this agony of counting dots and work the old school method please. That will release or rebuild your tension

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes that workshop is still there. They charge Rs.1000 for Catcon cleaning. It alone doesn't effect much on driving performance. Only if you feel there's a smell in your exhaust then get it done or if your car mileage is at a multiple of 40000 kms

Thanks alot bro..Can u kindly pm me ur number so it wuld be easy for me to contact u :-)