Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2612
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #1501
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    sir 10 model will be over 15 lakhs ive got a 09 vti prosmatic oriel for 14 lakhs
    We are talking about non oriel


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  3. #1502
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i dont think its wise to buy non oriel cox they dont have market according to many ..
    r3act

  4. #1503
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    i dont think its wise to buy non oriel cox they dont have market according to many ..
    Yes i mentioned the same thing above...non oriels sale the least then an oriel manual gets a good price but when a buyer is looking for a manual specially and for oriel prosmetic they are really easy to sale specially if in the best condition


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  5. #1504
    PakWheeler Follow
    centos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    606
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Lesser resale of non-oriel models is a valid concern, but I dont see spending more for just the sun roof. I am not a huge fan of the fog lights too, TBH I dont even know why people are crazy about them.

    The ads I have seen so far on pakwheels most of the non-oriel models have custom alloy wheels and fog lights installed. So there is a chance that I get those goodies in a non-oriel version too.

    Not sure about the current model but Honda's Navigation system in 8th gen was a fraud. It could not find any location, the multimedia system was horrible. I spent about 60-70k on it and then just used it for reverse parking.

    But anyway, dont mind me. These are just my concerns; every individual has his own likes and dislikes.

  6. #1505
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmadbila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,963
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Welcome bro. Glad and at service to communicate and help Honda Fans like myself.
    The steering on 8th gen is slightly heavier than 9th gen. Hydraulic (8th) vs Eps (9th). But it's heavier on the positive side. I personally like that as it feels like ure in control, acting and responsing under the laws of physics & not artificial like the one in 9th which is light enough that it doesn't feel that much on hand as 8th. Yes the steering despite being slighted heavier feels awesome. The heaviness is only what a hydraulic PS should have at minimum.
    About the catcon: if all other things are fine it won't be much noticeable unless you can smell a different sort of burning from the exhaust, the car feels low on power and heavy on fuel consumption. It's better to get it cleaned anyway if ure doubtful. Foolproof way is to use a tester guage OR hook it up with the system and monitor through on screen diagnosis via OBD both of which workshops equipped can do.
    As far as the 9th gen is concerned, it's not just mine but a lot of my friends cars too going through similar issues. Not all but about 10-15%. The car and its technical details itself shows Honda didn't put too much effort this time after 8th gen which i guess they have applied to quality as well maybe. About the same underneath as the 8th gen more or less but bigger wheel arches and a higher clearance added with overall higher body shell too the results are lack in stability in comparison. Control effected by EPS too in my opinion. I guess that is why the 10th gen is launching this fall 2015 at the other side of globe. A change of model within 4 years. Also that means UAE too since they are mostly the first ones to get all models. Remember seeing production 9th gen for the first time at Dubai in November 2011




    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Great!! that means i ll love the steering!! New civic's steering feels like using a laptop :/ they could have installed left right keys instead like a keyboard, because thats how much feel it communicates compared to good steerings. I drove a 320i on a hilly road last month. On the way back did the same on a 9th gen and i was like what the hell!! anyways, thats sorted out then.

    Catcon issue i believe can be diagnosed before buying a car. since cars are tested for a lot of things including emission readings before the ownership is transfered, i can get the readings from the device and compare it to the standard civic 8th gen readings (which hopefully i ll find somewhere on the internet) i also am planning to get an OBDII reader, the proper one. not that cheap bluetooth one.

    As for 9th gen, i really am disappointed to hear that!! Until the past month of two, i used to think its a really gud car in all aspects and is certainly better then 8th gen. I stand corrected! I hope then 10th gen is not a disappointment. Lets see if turbocharging gets mainstream with the next civic. If it does, it would be nice but then civics might become extinct from Pakistan because desi mechanics would tell people that its a "fail gaddi". anyways, lets see where this thing goes... thanks again for your input (Y)
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

  7. #1506
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    Lesser resale of non-oriel models is a valid concern, but I dont see spending more for just the sun roof. I am not a huge fan of the fog lights too, TBH I dont even know why people are crazy about them.

    The ads I have seen so far on pakwheels most of the non-oriel models have custom alloy wheels and fog lights installed. So there is a chance that I get those goodies in a non-oriel version too.

    Not sure about the current model but Honda's Navigation system in 8th gen was a fraud. It could not find any location, the multimedia system was horrible. I spent about 60-70k on it and then just used it for reverse parking.

    But anyway, dont mind me. These are just my concerns; every individual has his own likes and dislikes.
    Its just not the rims fogs or sunroof...main thing is the airbags which i concider a very important thing in a car...retract mirrors are also there in oriel and many other stuff


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  8. #1507
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    Its just not the rims fogs or sunroof...main thing is the airbags which i concider a very important thing in a car...retract mirrors are also there in oriel and many other stuff


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using PW Forums
    Retract mirrors are easily available, Get airbags and dash from bilal gunj out of hybrid, I even got an exchange offer :p

  9. #1508
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Oriel ka lahore mai koiiiiiiii faida nai.

    It is just a cost we bare because we want everything other than the sunroof by that i mean alloys n fogs n retractables and a fender without a hole for the indicator.

    When buying an 8th gen.

    Look for:
    1. service history if the owner has gotten 40,000km periodic maintenance. it includes: tapped tune, injector cleaning(if required), oil mount, fuel filter, tranny oil, break shoes(if required).
    2. oil mounting
    3. check shock mounts. you can check em by removing part of the plastic infront of the windscreen. there are two small windows which need to be removed to see the mounts. shock mounts do get cracks.
    put the car on a lift and check if it has bearing issues. bearing issue means the whole hub should be changed.
    4. how was the engine oil changed and which oil did the owner use.
    5. I would not buy an 8th gen without a service history.
    6. take it out for a test drive and feel the car. i mean really feel any vibration or sounds.

    8th gen is a beauty. it is a very good car. i think it should be ugraded with a backup camera, steering wheel with cruise control, audio controls and a climate control unit.

  10. #1509
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Thanks alot bro..Can u kindly pm me ur number so it wuld be easy for me to contact u :-)
    Hey bro, just checked Haji Mustafa and he's not here. Will come back around 12th May. I'd suggest you go when he is there. Also hope you got my number, sent in PM


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  11. #1510
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes bro i got ur number sorry i was busy in my job so couldnt contact u..i will today inshAllah
    Powered by Honda R18

  12. #1511
    PakWheeler Follow
    black88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so here is the result .
    i have tried it in local as on empty tank filled 5L for city drive and the average came out was around 7km @ light ,heavy foot.after that tested on highway on cng 1 tank driven on 150 km in total top speed 150 p/h.now filled empty tank brim filled 52 L .lolz 2 L is pump waly ko kuch bachat b to honi chahiye na . any ways considered it as 50 L .and driven 616km till end almost 12.32km p/l avg.mix drive maximum was G.T road and motor way. top speed was 171 for ref image attached.car is 08 manual 100k driven one cat con bed removed by previous owner.now tell me is that ok avg or need any thing else to improve ??
    8th generation civic fan and owner club -15740018th generation Civic fan and owner club -15740078th generation Civic fan and owner club -1574011
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

  13. #1512
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hey guys I found something strange and that is when I traveling long I usually drive with a light foot at 1500 rpm and I get about 10 to 11 km/l but yesterday when traveling long I was late so I drove at 2000 to 3000 rpm and strangely I've got about 14 to 15 km /l .Why is that is it because maybe the vtec kicked in or what??


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    r3act

  14. #1513
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Hey guys I found something strange and that is when I traveling long I usually drive with a light foot at 1500 rpm and I get about 10 to 11 km/l but yesterday when traveling long I was late so I drove at 2000 to 3000 rpm and strangely I've got about 14 to 15 km /l .Why is that is it because maybe the vtec kicked in or what??


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    honda's engines are that way, they consume a bit more fuel at low end acceleration because they lack in low end torque a bit. so accelerating to a cruising speed should be done smoothly between 2000-3000 rpm and maintaining speed around 1500-2200 rpm with minimal throttle input change gives best fuel economy.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

  15. #1514
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black88 View Post
    so here is the result .
    i have tried it in local as on empty tank filled 5L for city drive and the average came out was around 7km @ light ,heavy foot.after that tested on highway on cng 1 tank driven on 150 km in total top speed 150 p/h.now filled empty tank brim filled 52 L .lolz 2 L is pump waly ko kuch bachat b to honi chahiye na . any ways considered it as 50 L .and driven 616km till end almost 12.32km p/l avg.mix drive maximum was G.T road and motor way. top speed was 171 for ref image attached.car is 08 manual 100k driven one cat con bed removed by previous owner.now tell me is that ok avg or need any thing else to improve ??
    8th generation civic fan and owner club -15740018th generation Civic fan and owner club -15740078th generation Civic fan and owner club -1574011
    Normal i feel

  16. #1515
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    honda's engines are that way, they consume a bit more fuel at low end acceleration because they lack in low end torque a bit. so accelerating to a cruising speed should be done smoothly between 2000-3000 rpm and maintaining speed around 1500-2200 rpm with minimal throttle input change gives best fuel economy.
    I noticed it too

  17. #1516
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cooldevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,047
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am also looking for manual civic 2008-9 these days! should i buy the 1.8 i vtec or oriel one? can somebody guide me about the resale factor of both? have about 13 lacs. and upgrading from 05vti which gives 11-12kmpl! what sort of budget increase should i keep in mind regarding its petrol consumption and mileage? thanx guys. hoping to become a reborn member soon IA

  18. #1517
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    i am also looking for manual civic 2008-9 these days! should i buy the 1.8 i vtec or oriel one? can somebody guide me about the resale factor of both? have about 13 lacs. and upgrading from 05vti which gives 11-12kmpl! what sort of budget increase should i keep in mind regarding its petrol consumption and mileage? thanx guys. hoping to become a reborn member soon IA
    If you want resale then oriel will give you some...manual sales slow but oriel will be alot better than basic and you can get a really good 2008 model in that budgert and abt consumption there isnt much difference you will be getting 10 anyways
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  19. #1518
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    adil5855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,651
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    i am also looking for manual civic 2008-9 these days! should i buy the 1.8 i vtec or oriel one? can somebody guide me about the resale factor of both? have about 13 lacs. and upgrading from 05vti which gives 11-12kmpl! what sort of budget increase should i keep in mind regarding its petrol consumption and mileage? thanx guys. hoping to become a reborn member soon IA
    Go for oriel

  20. #1519
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I opened the hood of my car recently and saw that my engine coolant is leaking from the upper radiator hose and also from a smaller hose that(i think) goes from the radiator to the transmission(maybe the transmission fluid cooler line)..The leak is near the clamps that connect the pipes to the hoses..Around 6-7k kms ago i drained the previous osaka coolant and replaced it with caltex coolant but didnt disconnect the pipes or the thermostat..My car still has oem constant tension clamps that come from factory..Car is a 08 Honda civic 8th gen..Its losing coolant and im quite worried..Any guidance as to what shuld i do???
    Powered by Honda R18

  21. #1520
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    I opened the hood of my car recently and saw that my engine coolant is leaking from the upper radiator hose and also from a smaller hose that(i think) goes from the radiator to the transmission(maybe the transmission fluid cooler line)..The leak is near the clamps that connect the pipes to the hoses..Around 6-7k kms ago i drained the previous osaka coolant and replaced it with caltex coolant but didnt disconnect the pipes or the thermostat..My car still has oem constant tension clamps that come from factory..Car is a 08 Honda civic 8th gen..Its losing coolant and im quite worried..Any guidance as to what shuld i do???
    Collect coolant in a reservoir. Change the upper and lower hoses and buy the clamps with screw and tighten it.
    Do not leave it as it is and do not take it lightly. Get it done as soon as possible.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •