Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2612
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #1541
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As per honda fort mechanics,My catalytic convertor is completely chocked..What should i do now im confused:-(
    Powered by Honda R18

  3. #1542
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Honda civic 2008...

    I heard a sound while driving the car on an uneven road from rear one tyre and front one tyre.

    It seems like any part of tyre or anything else is opened...is it problem of springs or wheels shoks...

    It is running well...not too much sound...

    Is it no problem or i should change it urgently


    Its a heavy sound. Like a bass

  4. #1543
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Btw guys honda fort is servicing the AC for 4000. It is usually 6000 I think.

  5. #1544
    PakWheeler Follow
    black88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    As per honda fort mechanics,My catalytic convertor is completely chocked..What should i do now im confused:-(

    what you have done ?? asking as mine was choked i think before buying but i haven't checked that ....
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

  6. #1545
    PakWheeler Follow
    black88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hello every one a problem is here need solution if any one knows.
    last night as i have parked by car i felt some smell like wire burn for a while and then gone .in the morning every thing was ok .as i drove after a while same smell for a while but couldn't find where it is from.in the mid way i stop for a work ignition switched of for 10 minutes and when back as i started the car was started but not accelerating and ignition went off and a light smoke seen at steering .i switched off and after 3-4 minutes started again it was ok .as i reached to my place switched off ignition it smoked again .i have inspected removing upper cover but found nothing e.g burnt wire ,spark,short circuit or any thing else like that.could any one understand what it is if any one faced it before? what to do now as dealer ship is far away from me.and have to manage it with local mechanics that i don't trust .....
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

  7. #1546
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black88 View Post
    hello every one a problem is here need solution if any one knows.
    last night as i have parked by car i felt some smell like wire burn for a while and then gone .in the morning every thing was ok .as i drove after a while same smell for a while but couldn't find where it is from.in the mid way i stop for a work ignition switched of for 10 minutes and when back as i started the car was started but not accelerating and ignition went off and a light smoke seen at steering .i switched off and after 3-4 minutes started again it was ok .as i reached to my place switched off ignition it smoked again .i have inspected removing upper cover but found nothing e.g burnt wire ,spark,short circuit or any thing else like that.could any one understand what it is if any one faced it before? what to do now as dealer ship is far away from me.and have to manage it with local mechanics that i don't trust .....
    Must be some wire related to the ignition..can u post a pic of ur upper cover removed so maybe we can help u further!
    Powered by Honda R18

  8. #1547
    PakWheeler Follow
    black88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Must be some wire related to the ignition..can u post a pic of ur upper cover removed so maybe we can help u further!
    thank you so much ziyad. it given me a hell tension since morning couldn't bear any more.so removed both upper and lower covers around steering wheel found 2 wires white and blue were loving each other.so separated them and taped .now things are ok AL HAM DU LILLAH
    HAVING CIVIC IS NOT A (CRIME) BUT NOT HAVING A CIVIC IS A ''SIN''......

  9. #1548
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black88 View Post
    thank you so much ziyad. it given me a hell tension since morning couldn't bear any more.so removed both upper and lower covers around steering wheel found 2 wires white and blue were loving each other.so separated them and taped .now things are ok AL HAM DU LILLAH
    My Cousin's 2012 sparingly used 3S maintained just 28000 kms driven till now caught fire a few months back. The incident took place due to short wires of the tail light grip. The result was a burnt boot lid repainted, replaced rear bumper and a new set of all tail lights.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #1549
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    My Cousin's 2012 sparingly used 3S maintained just 28000 kms driven till now caught fire a few months back. The incident took place due to short wires of the tail light grip. The result was a burnt boot lid repainted, replaced rear bumper and a new set of all tail lights.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thats a shame on part of honda..maybe he fiddled with the wiring or installed an aftermarket camera..usually fuses blow before setting the car on fire but its a strange incident indeed!
    Powered by Honda R18

  11. #1550
    fso
    fso is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,400
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    As per honda fort mechanics,My catalytic convertor is completely chocked..What should i do now im confused:-(
    read this it will be really helpful

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...-civic-8th-gen



    plus is the car heavy i mean less pick and does it consumes more gas ?
    r3act

  12. #1551
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Thats a shame on part of honda..maybe he fiddled with the wiring or installed an aftermarket camera..usually fuses blow before setting the car on fire but its a strange incident indeed!
    Nope, nothing of the sort. He's a hardcore old school thinking guy who keeps his car in stock factory condition. The only 2 things he ever fiddles with are Tyres and Seat Covers. Not even Oem Navigation but the 6 CD changer


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  13. #1552
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    Edit* duplicate post

  14. #1553
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shahrukhali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    18
    Posts
    2,411
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys I'm willing to buy 8th Gen once again. Currwntly i own a Altis Manual 2010.
    My car daily running is 80kms+..

    I want to know what average would reborn give me in city driving ?
    Im assuming 11 from the manual tranny..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Signature not available

  15. #1554
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahrukhali View Post
    Guys I'm willing to buy 8th Gen once again. Currwntly i own a Altis Manual 2010.
    My car daily running is 80kms+..

    I want to know what average would reborn give me in city driving ?
    Im assuming 11 from the manual tranny..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    It must give you 11+, unless the car has issues. Provided ure talking about normal driving and not aggressive style.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  16. #1555
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Docjunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadiqabad
    Posts
    2,046
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys what would be the price of 2011 white VTi Oriel Pros KHI Reg
    Interior is 9/10 and exterior is having some minor scratches
    No issue in drive just needs alignment and balancing i guess
    Glory Glory Manchester United

  17. #1556
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys anybody knoe of a good 'light wala' guy near model town lahore that is capable of cleaning the headlights and properly resealing them???
    Powered by Honda R18

  18. #1557
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali.archilounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Guys anybody knoe of a good 'light wala' guy near model town lahore that is capable of cleaning the headlights and properly resealing them???
    Not exactly close but not that far either. From Qainchi turn on Walton Road. Drive straight and after Toyota Walton there is a market on the right (while coming from Qainchi) next to Mercedes-Shahnawaz. All sorts of tassali bakhsh jugaar present there.
    Jaani (Light Wala): 0333 5520622 & 0314 3790622
    Ijaz (Electrician): 0306 6642085


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  19. #1558
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,055
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Guys anybody knoe of a good 'light wala' guy near model town lahore that is capable of cleaning the headlights and properly resealing them???
    There is a guy sitting next to Magic Motors in Model Town, near gourmet bakers. He did a pretty decent job on my car.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

  20. #1559
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    There is a guy sitting next to Magic Motors in Model Town, near gourmet bakers. He did a pretty decent job on my car.
    Can u kindly give his name or the name of the workshop where he works..i need someone trustworthy and who knows what hes doing!
    Powered by Honda R18

  21. #1560
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Not exactly close but not that far either. From Qainchi turn on Walton Road. Drive straight and after Toyota Walton there is a market on the right (while coming from Qainchi) next to Mercedes-Shahnawaz. All sorts of tassali bakhsh jugaar present there.
    Jaani (Light Wala): 0333 5520622 & 0314 3790622
    Ijaz (Electrician): 0306 6642085


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Ali bhai like always u come to the rescue and help me out..Thanks alot sir!
    Powered by Honda R18

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •