1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

Online workshop Manual:

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

Maintenance schedule:

Fluids:

Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

(Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

Parts change:

Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

Tyres:

Best All rounder tires:

Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

Extreme traction/grip:

Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

*Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam All,
    After changing the ATF and its filter from Honda the transmission is much smoother now but still some times while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear in gives a jurk on light foot, 2ndly from past 2 days the 'D' indicator starts blinking on meter while driving and ends when i restart the engine, what can be this issue?
    3rdly the plastic panel (GOLA) present on both sides of wind screen have a gaps in them and i can see the white color locks under the panels clearly in other words a noticeable gap is present between the panels and screen. How it can be remove? via proper fitting or replacing these panels?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sohailw View Post
    Salam All,
    After changing the ATF and its filter from Honda the transmission is much smoother now but still some times while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear in gives a jurk on light foot, 2ndly from past 2 days the 'D' indicator starts blinking on meter while driving and ends when i restart the engine, what can be this issue?
    3rdly the plastic panel (GOLA) present on both sides of wind screen have a gaps in them and i can see the white color locks under the panels clearly in other words a noticeable gap is present between the panels and screen. How it can be remove? via proper fitting or replacing these panels?
    Can u please tell me the price of the atf filter and from which honda 3s u bought it from???
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda near Air port and the total cost for replacing the ATF and filter was 6600.
    Any solutions for the above mentioned probs?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda near Air port and the total cost for replacing the ATF and filter was 6600.
    Any solutions for the above mentioned probs?
    The blinking 'D' light is sign of a problem with the transmission solenoids or something electrical related to the transmission..Honda can diagnose and read out the code when they connect it to the computer..For ur second issue u can get a better solution if u post pics over here!
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today, i get clean its throttle body and changed the engine oil along with air filter and cabin filter replacement. The engine noise is very much under control now however the mechanic told me that its main engine mounting is fine however the right side foundation needs the replacement. Any idea for its cost and replacement time?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today, i get clean its throttle body and changed the engine oil along with air filter and cabin filter replacement. The engine noise is very much under control now however the mechanic told me that its main engine mounting is fine however the right side foundation needs the replacement. Any idea for its cost and replacement time?
    I guess u mean the transmission mount..cost will be equal to the main engine mount roughly 10k from honda 3s and time will be almost 2 hours..not a big task!
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sohailw...pls pm me ur number il help u in detail on all ur issues
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PM Sent!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sohailw didnt get ur pm..contact me at 0323-4652838
    Powered by Honda R18

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys whats up ? well here's the thing last week or 10 days ago ive cleaned my car and accidentally my interior lights turned on my driver pressed it when cleaning the roof so after few hours when i started the car it wont start as the batter died so got another car and jump started it and left it start for abut 15 to 20 min .and again started it after 2 days and was a quick start .so now after 8 days i decided to go to office in that car and guess what happened ? the car wont start as the battery died so again jumped started the car and went to office about 30 km from my house .when i was about to come home ive started the car and it started with out any hesitation and i was a happy camper when coming home singing along the radio .now as soon as i come home i parked my car in the drive way and after few mins told my driver to fill up the car and as soon as he started the car the dam thing sorry i mean my beautiful 8th gen civic wont start same issue with the battery .anyhow he called me from inside after 30 mins i came out side and started my car first it wont start and then after 2 or 3 min it started .so i took it to the battery wala he checked the battery and said it just need a recharge as the gravity is fallen i mean wouldn't the battery would charge when i was driving the car around ?

but here's my issue i dont care about the battery that much worse comes worse i can buy a new one but here's the thing i am worried about my driver took out the battery this evening to give it to the battery wala i am just worried about my ecu would be messed up i mean reset because at the moment my car is running perfectly with out any issues my millage is great which i don't want to mess up .should i be worried ?
    r3act

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    Hey guys whats up ? well here's the thing last week or 10 days ago ive cleaned my car and accidentally my interior lights turned on my driver pressed it when cleaning the roof so after few hours when i started the car it wont start as the batter died so got another car and jump started it and left it start for abut 15 to 20 min .and again started it after 2 days and was a quick start .so now after 8 days i decided to go to office in that car and guess what happened ? the car wont start as the battery died so again jumped started the car and went to office about 30 km from my house .when i was about to come home ive started the car and it started with out any hesitation and i was a happy camper when coming home singing along the radio .now as soon as i come home i parked my car in the drive way and after few mins told my driver to fill up the car and as soon as he started the car the dam thing sorry i mean my beautiful 8th gen civic wont start same issue with the battery .anyhow he called me from inside after 30 mins i came out side and started my car first it wont start and then after 2 or 3 min it started .so i took it to the battery wala he checked the battery and said it just need a recharge as the gravity is fallen i mean wouldn't the battery would charge when i was driving the car around ?

but here's my issue i dont care about the battery that much worse comes worse i can buy a new one but here's the thing i am worried about my driver took out the battery this evening to give it to the battery wala i am just worried about my ecu would be messed up i mean reset because at the moment my car is running perfectly with out any issues my millage is great which i don't want to mess up .should i be worried ?
    I doubt it bro, ECU does not reset that easily with battery getting out and getting back. That's what I think

E200/Prado/Civic9th/Prius/Passo/Beetle65

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    I doubt it bro, ECU does not reset that easily with battery getting out and getting back. That's what I think

E200/Prado/Civic9th/Prius/Passo/Beetle65
    Yeah Dont worry about Ecu. To reset the ecu you have to get it connected to the electronic equipment from where the parameters are set. Battery doesnt trips the ecu. If you think your problem is the battery just change it. I bought Ags 65 GL for civic for about i think 4700
    Bikes don't leak OIL.. They mark their Territory.. Think BIKE think BIKER

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Removing the battery does reset the ecu but its nothing to worry about!..