Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2612
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 8th generation Civic fan and owner club

    the 2006 generation Honda split the model into two different platforms, one primarily for the home market and North America and the other designed for the European market using a simpler rear suspension from the Honda Fit and more aggressive styling. As of 2006, a total of 16.5 million Civics had been sold worldwide, with 7.3 million of them in the United States.[5] Although the North American and the home market model differ externally, they are mechanically identical. The European model is available as a three and five-door hatchback while the Japanese/North American model is available as either sedan or coupe. Both Si and Type-R trim levels continue although the Japanese and European Type-R while sharing the same size engine are mechanically different. In the US an improved version of the Si tuned by Honda tuner Mugen is offered featuring cosmetic alterations and changes to the suspension and exhaust system. The Acura version of the Civic not only received the design change, but also saw a new nameplate, changing from the Acura EL to the Acura CSX. In Japan starting March 2006, the Honda dealership sales channels called Honda Primo, Verno, and Clio were disbanded, and combined into one retail dealership called Honda Cars.

    Online workshop Manual:

    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/manual2.html

    Maintenance schedule:

    Fluids:

    Engine oil: 3.7-4 liters @5,000kms
    Havoline formula 10W30
    Havoline synthetic 5w30
    Genuine Honda (Total Repack) 5w30Transmission oilManual transmission) 1.4 L Fluid Change, 1.6 L at Overhaul @ 40,000kms.
    Honda original MTF approx 1000Rs /liter

    (Automatic transmission) 2.4 L at change, 5.9 L at overhaul @ 40,000kms
    Honda original ATF approx 1000Rs /literBrake oil: 0.9 litre after 2 years
    Honda Brake fluid. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Hydraulic Clutch oil:
    Honda Brake fluid.

    Power steering oil: 1 litre @ 40,000kms
    Honda genuine PSF. approx 1000Rs /liter

    Coolant: Manual:5.2 liter Auto:5.5 liter @1,50,000kms or 4 years
    Honda type 2 coolant
    Caltex coolant.

    Parts change:

    Brake pads change:
    recommended @ 40,000kms
    Genuine Honda pads or Original Nissin pads.

    Fuel filter change @ 80,000kms

    Air filter change @ 10,000kms
    Use Honda filter. If any other then change earlier.

    Spark plugs @ 80,000-1,00,000kms
    NGK Laser Iridiums. IZFR6K11

    Timing belt: Not required. Civic 8th gen has timing chain instead of belt which usually last a life time.

    Tune-up @20,000 kms.
    Things done:
    Throttle plate cleaned, valves adjusted, plugs cleaned/replaced and idle adjusted using HDS.

    Tyres:

    Best All rounder tires:

    Yokohama dB Decible
    Michillin Energy

    Extreme traction/grip:

    Falken ZieX 912
    Yokohama C Drive
    Comfort:Yokohama C Drive
    Dunlop Eco

    *Courtesy @saadkhangul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  2. #1741
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    No problem.
    Salam ,Dear

    ive jst civic rebrn ivtec 08..yesterday, its been 130k done,
    please share ur expert opinion wat to change immediately, ive noticed its gear is not that soft than my previous city . do i have to check fluid oil..

    please let me knw asap..

    regards

  3. #1742
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam ,Dear

    ive jst civic rebrn ivtec 08..yesterday, its been 130k done,
    please share ur expert opinion wat to change immediately, ive noticed its gear is not that soft than my previous city . do i have to check fluid oil..

    please let me knw asap..

    regards

  4. #1743
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar613 View Post
    Salam ,Dear

    ive jst civic rebrn ivtec 08..yesterday, its been 130k done,
    please share ur expert opinion wat to change immediately, ive noticed its gear is not that soft than my previous city . do i have to check fluid oil..

    please let me knw asap..

    regards
    Get it 3s checked. Btw gear iss gari ka vesse thora hard hay gear n clutch.

  5. #1744
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My civic door latches are making noise and have become heavy will it go away with wd40?

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

  6. #1745
    PakWheeler Follow
    centos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    606
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    does anyone know the door's auto lock feature in D

  7. #1746
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar613 View Post
    Salam ,Dear

    ive jst civic rebrn ivtec 08..yesterday, its been 130k done,
    please share ur expert opinion wat to change immediately, ive noticed its gear is not that soft than my previous city . do i have to check fluid oil..

    please let me knw asap..

    regards
    Change mtf if u havent before...and secondaly hard gear is nothing to worry about...the gear and clutch of this car is a very good exercise for ur muscles
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  8. #1747
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    Change mtf if u havent before...and secondaly hard gear is nothing to worry about...the gear and clutch of this car is a very good exercise for ur muscles
    dear asbal there is absolute no problem fr muscles exercise , bt da thing iz ive sed city manel 08 very smoth gear shifting so i was jst curious 2 knw abt dat..

    wat else shud i take care to get my new ride top notch condition..
    like need to change GEAR oil/engine oil which brand and grade of oil shud i go for...

    thanks anyways..

  9. #1748
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Get it 3s checked. Btw gear iss gari ka vesse thora hard hay gear n clutch.
    dear bro,

    wat else shud i take care to get my new ride top notch condition..
    like need to change GEAR oil/engine oil which brand and grade of oil shud i go for...

    thanks anyways..

  10. #1749
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar613 View Post
    dear asbal there is absolute no problem fr muscles exercise , bt da thing iz ive sed city manel 08 very smoth gear shifting so i was jst curious 2 knw abt dat..

    wat else shud i take care to get my new ride top notch condition..
    like need to change GEAR oil/engine oil which brand and grade of oil shud i go for...

    thanks anyways..
    This is normal for this car no problem at all...and abt mtf use honda orignal one amd abt engine oil shell and havoline is good economical aswell...if you want to go for expensive then liquimoly or mobil...but shell and havoline formulad does the perfect job

    Get the radiator serviced if you just bought the car replace fuel filter...and get genuine honda brake pads if there are some 2 nmbr brake pads in there they dont last and get heated on hard braking...apart frm this keep check on the radiator water bottle if its decreasing water if it is then replaces all hoses and pipes with brand new ones...just dont go with replacing the leaked ones and replace all...apart from that if there is tap water in it replace it with coolant...wheel balancing and alignement should be done too

    Do all this and ur car will work like a car
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  11. #1750
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    This is normal for this car no problem at all...and abt mtf use honda orignal one amd abt engine oil shell and havoline is good economical aswell...if you want to go for expensive then liquimoly or mobil...but shell and havoline formulad does the perfect job

    Get the radiator serviced if you just bought the car replace fuel filter...and get genuine honda brake pads if there are some 2 nmbr brake pads in there they dont last and get heated on hard braking...apart frm this keep check on the radiator water bottle if its decreasing water if it is then replaces all hoses and pipes with brand new ones...just dont go with replacing the leaked ones and replace all...apart from that if there is tap water in it replace it with coolant...wheel balancing and alignement should be done too

    Do all this and ur car will work like a car
    Salam Bro..thanks fr ur in depth details
    which coolant shd i pour in it? n how many liters required..
    ill check there radiator if choked ill clean them too.
    i was told sum 1 that shell ultra will be the best for my car having 20/40 viscosity along with dat ill be changing air/oil filter too.
    the engine z giving a weired noice n i was told its pretty much normal 4 reborn..

  12. #1751
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar613 View Post
    Salam Bro..thanks fr ur in depth details
    which coolant shd i pour in it? n how many liters required..
    ill check there radiator if choked ill clean them too.
    i was told sum 1 that shell ultra will be the best for my car having 20/40 viscosity along with dat ill be changing air/oil filter too.
    the engine z giving a weired noice n i was told its pretty much normal 4 reborn..
    Caltex coolant is good...and even if its not choked do get it serviced...there is a sheelll with 10-40 viscosoty use that one if u want to or else havoline formula is good using in my reborn from last 50k kms and last 5000km easily....and abt weird noises what kind of noises?weird noises are never normal for a car
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  13. #1752
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqar613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    1
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    Caltex coolant is good...and even if its not choked do get it serviced...there is a sheelll with 10-40 viscosoty use that one if u want to or else havoline formula is good using in my reborn from last 50k kms and last 5000km easily....and abt weird noises what kind of noises?weird noises are never normal for a car
    thanks again bro.
    u saying i shud go for Shell ultra 10/40 viscosoty.ill definatly done these things today
    since i was using city ..08 idsi..it has one of the silent engine i ever xperience..and ppl admit dat. so after having reborn i jst felt dat engine sound..so jst sharing my concerns..

  14. #1753
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Maddriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar613 View Post
    thanks again bro.
    u saying i shud go for Shell ultra 10/40 viscosoty.ill definatly done these things today
    since i was using city ..08 idsi..it has one of the silent engine i ever xperience..and ppl admit dat. so after having reborn i jst felt dat engine sound..so jst sharing my concerns..
    I was using caltex havoline fully synthetic on my 2009 civic. I changed the oil on 45800 but this time went for Shell helix ultra 5w-40 for 3660 from an authorized Shell Filling stations. Have drove about 200km after changing the oil. I havent experienced anything like engine smoothening and quiteness (since i havent drove much) however I do experienced that my consumption average is better. I used to get 7 to 8 km per litre in city drive and 11 12 on highway. Never went to highway after changing but I am getting 10 11kms per litre in city drive now
    Bikes don't leak OIL.. They mark their Territory.. Think BIKE think BIKER

  15. #1754
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddriver View Post
    I was using caltex havoline fully synthetic on my 2009 civic. I changed the oil on 45800 but this time went for Shell helix ultra 5w-40 for 3660 from an authorized Shell Filling stations. Have drove about 200km after changing the oil. I havent experienced anything like engine smoothening and quiteness (since i havent drove much) however I do experienced that my consumption average is better. I used to get 7 to 8 km per litre in city drive and 11 12 on highway. Never went to highway after changing but I am getting 10 11kms per litre in city drive now
    Why dont u guys try total quartz 9000 5w30..Im using it and its giving me great fuel economy..18.5km/l on my recent trip to isloo(without ac) at 100-110km/h
    Powered by Honda R18

  16. #1755
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Maddriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziyad.ahmad.391 View Post
    Why dont u guys try total quartz 9000 5w30..Im using it and its giving me great fuel economy..18.5km/l on my recent trip to isloo(without ac) at 100-110km/h
    I usually drive 130-140 on highways. Quartz 9000 is basically the oil which honda themselves uses. So its a OEM choice. But there are good reviews and there are bad reviews about it too. Plus Here in Hyderabad it was really hard to find it (original ki door ki baat) so I went for Shell helix ultra. If you are getting 18km thats really grear even if I am driving at 110 to 120 on highways I still couldnt get 14 15 on ac.
    Bikes don't leak OIL.. They mark their Territory.. Think BIKE think BIKER

  17. #1756
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    silentassassin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    4,186
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddriver View Post
    I usually drive 130-140 on highways. Quartz 9000 is basically the oil which honda themselves uses. So its a OEM choice. But there are good reviews and there are bad reviews about it too. Plus Here in Hyderabad it was really hard to find it (original ki door ki baat) so I went for Shell helix ultra. If you are getting 18km thats really grear even if I am driving at 110 to 120 on highways I still couldnt get 14 15 on ac.
    You should be easily getting 17-18 kmpl on highway at 110kmh 5th gear

  18. #1757
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sprayed wd40 and doors have become so smooth and light like new

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Aunda Fan

  19. #1758
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ashbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,067
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddriver View Post
    I was using caltex havoline fully synthetic on my 2009 civic. I changed the oil on 45800 but this time went for Shell helix ultra 5w-40 for 3660 from an authorized Shell Filling stations. Have drove about 200km after changing the oil. I havent experienced anything like engine smoothening and quiteness (since i havent drove much) however I do experienced that my consumption average is better. I used to get 7 to 8 km per litre in city drive and 11 12 on highway. Never went to highway after changing but I am getting 10 11kms per litre in city drive now
    5 40 wont be good for it as 5 is rly low for the engine driven this much...10 will be the perfect thing for it
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

  20. #1759
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lazers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I need a 2 button flip key for civic. Any idea from where I can get that in Lahore ?
    FJ

  21. #1760
    PakWheeler Follow
    ziyad.ahmad.391's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
    I need a 2 button flip key for civic. Any idea from where I can get that in Lahore ?
    Montgomery road or jail road
    Powered by Honda R18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •