Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah)

I'm planning to change the stock tyres of my Civic 1.8 ( Bridgestone B390 ) and since im confused between tyre choices i need help from people who are more learned than me in this field.

The choices which i have in mind are

Yokohama ES100

Dunlop Sp 9000

Pirelli P6000

Main objective is basically to achieve
    A comfortable ride, WITHOUT having to compromise on road grip and performance. The tread pattern matters a lot too.

I dont know the price and availabilty of Pirelli's and Yoko's which ive mentioned above, but Sp9000 are available for 7000-7200 a tyre, depending on different retailers.

If you have any other tyres which you want to suggest, you're more than welcome; but please be sure those tyres are available in Lahore, and not dating to anything before 2009.

Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191316 Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191317 Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191318

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And also it would be helpful if you could provide with a price estimate for the P6000 and ES100, i'll be sticking with the stock size which is 195/65/R15

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about Michelin Energy Saver and Yokohama DNA db? They are excellent in terms of comfort(ride quality) and road noise. Both are available in Neela Gumbad at J. Rashid and Pak Punjab. Michelin costs 7200-7400 and Yokohama costs 7000. Both have the manufacturing of mid of 2010. Got these estimates about 2 weeks back since a friend was looking for them, he opted for Michelin.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dB Decible.
    Will cost 7000+ a piece
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    I'm planning to change the stock tyres of my Civic 1.8 ( Bridgestone B390 ) and since im confused between tyre choices i need help from people who are more learned than me in this field.

The choices which i have in mind are

Yokohama ES100

Dunlop Sp 9000

Pirelli P6000

Main objective is basically to achieve
    A comfortable ride, WITHOUT having to compromise on road grip and performance. The tread pattern matters a lot too.

I dont know the price and availabilty of Pirelli's and Yoko's which ive mentioned above, but Sp9000 are available for 7000-7200 a tyre, depending on different retailers.

If you have any other tyres which you want to suggest, you're more than welcome; but please be sure those tyres are available in Lahore, and not dating to anything before 2009.

Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah) - 191316 Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah) - 191317 Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah) - 191318
    out of the above three..i would say pirelli otherwise michellin
    then comes yokohoma dunlop bridgestone etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    dB Decible.
    Will cost 7000+ a piece
    i got a price quote of 7000/tire exact from Pak Punjab.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ devil
    bro i have michelins in one of my cars, that is why looking for something different in the civic
    @ airo and devil
    yaar db ive heard is a very good tyre, but since all my cars have a simple tread, even the stock tyres have a similar sort of a tread,i want to try something different now, i want a directional tread pattern, it looks nice and grips great too, what about yoko s drive's availabilty in lahore?

@ hsn
    could you please share your experience about pirelli, why do you think they are that good, ive been reading online forums, but since pakistani roads a totally different story altogether, i would rather look forward to someone who has a primary experience with pirelli.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any idea about the price and availabilty of Yokohama ES100, tyre size 195/65/R15

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any space for ""GOODyear""?? otherwise all three are acceptable just go for the youngest one !!!!
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Avoid the Pirellis and ES100 at all costs! ES100 is a hard tire and would ruin your suspension. Same is the case with Goodyears. The only viable choice in your list, and even in the market in general, is Dunlop SP Sport 9000. It is an excellent tire; won't be as silent as a Yoko dB or a Yoko C drive but will offer more grip and traction especially in the wet where it literally outshines the competition.

Also remember that as is the case with all medium/medium soft tires like SP Sport 9000 or Yoko dB or Yoko C drive, you need to take care while driving over Potholes. While these tires are not as sensitive as the poorly constructed Dunlop Eco Drive, you still need to take care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ accord7362
    i didnt have goodyear in mind, thanks for the reminder sir, i would also check out their tyres, any experience with them in the 195/65 tyre size you could share ?

@ mani1
    why is pirelli a no for you? and what tyres are you using in your civic?
    my driving conditions are mainly the roads of dha and gulberg and a little bit of gravel and mud near the phase5 toll plaza, other than that its just the properly paved roads, for that sort of a driving condition what would be your choice?, and what about yoko s drive( even though ive heard its availability is an issue ). and since my father wants me to get pirelli's i would have to come up with a logical explanation to make him change his decision, ive read that pirellis we get here are better than the dunlops and yokos ( treads on them are baned in some european countries, which we get here ), oh and one more thing which i forgot to mention was my driving style, i dont skid my car or try to drift it what so ever, since its a manual the launch at times, just once in every two three months( depending on mood ) could be a little at around 3-4k rpm, other wise the car stays under 120km on straights, no hard cornering either!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The pirellis are a no because

1)Its an old tire and old design
    2)After usage e.g. 20-30,000km it tends to harden up and deform, which indicates the tire was probably restamped/old stock with date changed

Also remember that brand name does not matters that much (offcourse excluding brands like Singa and Maxxis etc). All known brands e.g. Bridgestone, Yokohama, Dunlop, Goodyear etc are good. Its the tire model and its specific traits which matter. Also never get attracted to an 'exotic' name otherwise there are many other exotic brands like Toyo, Nitto and Falken etc.

IMO SP Sport 9000 is okay for you. You can also search for review of tires online for a better understanding. Off course you will have to filter the views based on local conditions i.e. you will have to read indepth reviews and filter data/opinions based on surfaces/roads which are not present here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    The pirellis are a no because

1)Its an old tire and old design
    2)After usage e.g. 20-30,000km it tends to harden up and deform, which indicates the tire was probably restamped/old stock with date changed

Also remember that brand name does not matters that much (offcourse excluding brands like Singa and Maxxis etc). All known brands e.g. Bridgestone, Yokohama, Dunlop, Goodyear etc are good. Its the tire model and its specific traits which matter. Also never get attracted to an 'exotic' name otherwise there are many other exotic brands like Toyo, Nitto and Falken etc.

IMO SP Sport 9000 is okay for you. You can also search for review of tires online for a better understanding. Off course you will have to filter the views based on local conditions i.e. you will have to read indepth reviews and filter data/opinions based on surfaces/roads which are not present here
    No, the exotic names do not tend to fascinate me, tyres should be given extra importance to, that is why i would be sticking with names which sell here, since people buy them due to a reason, sp and es100 were my first priority, lets hope for the best!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any Sp 9000 and Es100 users here on pw, please give us your input!

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've used P6000 and ES100. Infact I am using ES100 these days and this is my second set.

ES100 is good to grip and corner but a bit (bit) noisy and rather stiff. In my experience they tend to lose grip in cold weather but its over now, isn't it? They are very good in summer and fine in rain, excellent at high speed. Tyre life is normal, not short, not 50K either.
    You can expect somewhere between RS 7500-8000 per unit and it really worths it. I'd recommend 205/60 for your car. Thats what I'm using and frankly I don't see a reason to buy ES100 in 195 or lesser.

Now, P6000 - first of all it a wonderful, wonderful, tyre. Very good with the grip and wet business and smoother than ES100 in my experience but it doesn't work on our roads. Every thing said about P6000 above is almost true. Yes they tend to get hard, tend to make noise, tend to lose traction and deform tread but thats all because of our super slippery, big-time bumpy roads. Its a European tyre for European cars on European roads and it works better than anything there.
    I'd say don't go for P6000, its too much of a tyre for our roads and weather. And thats the bottom line, really.
    Please help us improve Pakwheels.com: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/280118-petition-pakwheels-store-spamming

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sp9000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

es100 is a very good tyre, but its very hard very very. it will ruin the comfort of your ride
    why dont you have a look on bridgestone my01. its a very good tyre based on potenza series
    otherwise go for sp9000,
    if u want exceptional comfort go for yokohama aspec a300, you wont feel a bump in your ride
    how is yokohama db guys? comfort level wise?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i used sp 9000 and yoko es100 both

sp 9000 amazing grip when wet conditions , overall its a good tire, however there is road noise as compared too db series

es100 is the worst tire i ever used.. very stiff and hard ride... had to change it on 30k mileage while sp9000 were changed at 55000..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yokohama S-drive is an excellent choice! But sourcing them out in LHR might be difficult.
    SP 9000 is excellent in terms of road grip but tends go hard sooner than either Michelin or Yokohama. Also, the it is considerably loud when it comes to road noise.
    I suggest that you opt for either Yokohama dB or S-drive. Yokohama C-drive is a very wise choice in terms of economy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yokohama S drive does not comes in 15" and starts from 16"

I have used 3 sets of SP Sport 9000 on 3 different cars and never experienced hardening

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List