Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyres For Civic 1.8 (Bad_Cheetah)

I'm planning to change the stock tyres of my Civic 1.8 ( Bridgestone B390 ) and since im confused between tyre choices i need help from people who are more learned than me in this field.

The choices which i have in mind are

Yokohama ES100

Dunlop Sp 9000

Pirelli P6000

Main objective is basically to achieve
    A comfortable ride, WITHOUT having to compromise on road grip and performance. The tread pattern matters a lot too.

I dont know the price and availabilty of Pirelli's and Yoko's which ive mentioned above, but Sp9000 are available for 7000-7200 a tyre, depending on different retailers.

If you have any other tyres which you want to suggest, you're more than welcome; but please be sure those tyres are available in Lahore, and not dating to anything before 2009.

Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191316 Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191317 Tyres For Civic 18 BadCheetah -191318

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So till now majority of the votes are for Yokohama dB decibles & Dunlop SP SPORT 9000!
    Which one of these is better in terms of more comfort, doesnt tend to get hard soon, less road noise and traction?
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can't get traction and comfort in one package

If traction is what you are after SP Sport 9000
    If noise reduction/comfort is what you are after then Yoko dB/Yoko C drive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all i have used dunlop sp in various profiles but in my opinion its a useless tyre bubbles on the sidewall, thts wats happend to every dunlop i ever used. In my opinion u can use either Nitto or Bridgestone as i have used both of thm in the 1.8 civic improves grip and braking tremendously. Have no experience with pirelli. But the Michelin tyres are the bomb. Great grip and drive i m yet to test thm fully in wet weather.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=Bad_Cheetah;2609199]@ accord7362
    i didnt have goodyear in mind, thanks for the reminder sir, i would also check out their tyres, any experience with them in the 195/65 tyre size you could share ?

Na yar Shazaday goodyear ka experience tuu nahee hay but I heard its a good brand.
    I have A++ experience with bridge stone (potenza) (50Kdriven on my first steermatic & 28K driven on my second steermatic without any single sign of wear & tear) but than they are for performance and in your rating you need comfort at the top, but still for me the bottom line is the 100% confirmed fresh tires & not the tempered one anyway good luck !!
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay after reading all the comments @ uiv, versatile, usmanghani, 2559922, devil and mani1

i think i should stop thinking much about the Es100, although the tread pattern on it is lovely and great for wets, but since such conditions arent what we get here in Lahore all the times, it doesnt really matter, and since it being a really hard tyre, i think i wouldnt settle for it.

@ uiv
    as far as the pirelli's are concerned, i think you explained it pretty well, but im still a little confused that why would such a great tyre not be as good or for that very matter even close to good on our roads, if you were to compare it with the sp9000 would it ( p6000 ) still be on the losing end?( iv mentioned my driving style and conditions in previous posts )

@ usmanghani
    i would check the my01 out as well!

@2559922
    another vote in favour of sp9000

@ devil and mani1
    too bad S drive is then out of the picture, since im sticking to the stock rim size!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ samialvi
    exactly my point!

@ mani1
    sp9000 kitnay chal gaye hein in your cars? and any issues with bubbles on the side walls or getting punctured quiet often?

@ accord and holystan
    bridgestone were already in it, but oh well why not again if i get a good tyre, any purticular model ( with a directional tread ) and a price in the bracket of 7-8k per tyre. and if you could give your input about them in terms of road noise, comfort, and traction

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P6000 is an excellent tyre. But I will suggest dB Decible. It has nice thread pattern too.

Tip.

Why dont you increase the your tyre size to 205/65 R15? 205's look nice and sporty.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    P6000 is an excellent tyre. But I will suggest dB Decible. It has nice thread pattern too.

Tip.

Why dont you increase the your tyre size to 205/65 R15? 205's look nice and sporty.
    yaar tumnay tou db ki side hi leni hei
    tyre size nahin change karna on the stock rims, and 205 65 on a 15 would get a little too beefy, agar change kiya bhe tou 205 60 r15, but dekho kiya banta hei, at the moment the top tyres in my list are

sp9000
    db decible
    potenza( dont know the model yet, maybe G3, let someone give in their input on the G3 or any other potenza )

khair decibles ki grip kesi hei cornering wagaira, tumharey kitnay chal gaye they, how about them in wet conditons

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have used 12 tires of Sp Sport 9000 amongst which 2 developed bubbles in side walls. Both these tires were on the car used by my cousin who drives aggressively and drives at full speed over potholes. With this type of driving style ANY medium/soft tire will develop bubbles including Yoko dB or C drive. The only tires which won't develop bubbles are hard tires like ES100 or Goodyear Eagle F1 but these hard tires will ruin the comfort of the car and give you a 50k suspension repair bill after 40k km guaranteed. Choice is yours

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    yaar tumnay tou db ki side hi leni hei
    tyre size nahin change karna on the stock rims, and 205 65 on a 15 would get a little too beefy, agar change kiya bhe tou 205 60 r15, but dekho kiya banta hei, at the moment the top tyres in my list are

sp9000
    db decible
    potenza( dont know the model yet, maybe G3, let someone give in their input on the G3 or any other potenza )

khair decibles ki grip kesi hei cornering wagaira, tumharey kitnay chal gaye they, how about them in wet conditons
    lolz. Yaar db is just a reasonable tyre. Not so much performance oriented. Cornering is good. Never drove enthusiastically on wet roads so dont know. Apart from dB. I have only tried Bridgestone B390s which sucked big time.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    I have used 12 tires of Sp Sport 9000 amongst which 2 developed bubbles in side walls. Both these tires were on the car used by my cousin who drives aggressively and drives at full speed over potholes. With this type of driving style ANY medium/soft tire will develop bubbles including Yoko dB or C drive. The only tires which won't develop bubbles are hard tires like ES100 or Goodyear Eagle F1 but these hard tires will ruin the comfort of the car and give you a 50k suspension repair bill after 40k km guaranteed. Choice is yours
    i dont drive at more than a 10kmph over bumps and potholes, so i guess im on the safe side, es is not in the run anymore, im very purticular about my car, dont want to ruin its suspension, sp9000, potenza and db, lets see how things work out!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After reading all the replies posted here, I think that the Yokohama dB Decibel would be the best for your usage!
    The SP Sport 9000 would be good too but its a performance oriented tyre.. So that leaves you with Decible.. Rest its upto you to decide!