6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post

Hi. So Finally,new design of Civic 2012 has been revealed. Its going to be available early next year or maybe in the end of 2011. I'm not talking about Pakistan! Let see when it get launch there..my guess it will launch in mid 2012,lets hope for the best. Enjoy picture
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202779 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202780 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202781 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202782 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202783

MOD EDIT: This post has been labelled to be the official Civic 2012/new shape one. All discussion pertaining to this vehicle must be discussed here. No other thread will be entertained. Everyone is requested to redirect any old/new topic here. Thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    i like the current reborn more.. dont know why

++1
    Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - honda characters
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Civic Won't Arrive Until 2012

From The AutoIndustrie Blog: New Civic Won't Arrive Until 2012; the guy is talking about Thailand Market; launch in Pakistan is also associated with Thailand Launch
    • New Civic will come sometime in 2012; later half probably
    • It will probably have same 1.8L iVTEC Engine; but might get ECO functions; given Altis 1.6 is getting similar treatment.
    • The shape; especially back lights and bumper will be different than USA/Canada version
    Thursday, May 5, 2011

According to sources the 9th generation Civic Full Model Change will not reach our local markets until early 2012. Honda's plant in Ayudhya, Thailand is not only a regional hub but also serves as a "leader plant" for the region, supplying vehicles to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and ASEAN region (except Singapore). In other words, Honda Malaysia's Alor Gajah plant in Melaka is not going commence local assembly of the next generation Civic until Thailand starts. Originally the 9th generation Civic was targeted to be launched by end 2011. However the project was delayed, partly by changing regulatory environment, particularly in the US and also impact from the global financial crisis.

The models we will be getting however, will be slightly different. Our local models will spot a slightly different grille, clear lenses front turn signals different front bumper (which also means a different front fog lamp housing structure). American models had to comply to Federal regulations, namely 5mph resistant bumpers, mandated under 49 CFR Part 581 regulation as well as amber colored turn signal lenses as well as different airbag deployment standards. Models sold outside USA and Canada should ape more to the Chinese market models, whose pictures have leaked out to the net.

A similar two engine line-up will be offered (1.8-liter and 2.0-liter). However we are not sure about Singapore as Singapore imports its Civics from Japan rather than Thailand and the existing Singaporean model line-up includes a 1.6-liter petrol engine option which is not available elsewhere in ASEAN.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AS i said before we will not get it before mid 2012 in Pakistan.Bet me on that.And tab tak Altis 1.6 apna kam krchuki hogi.Toyota indus thats why took this step to introduce 1.6l.
    And one thing which i came to know from one the sources that the Altis 2.0 will be launched in Pakistan later this year because the new civic will be available in 2.0litre.Thats why indus discontinued 1.8 and decided to start 1.3,1.6 and 2.0 segment
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    AS i said before we will not get it before mid 2012 in Pakistan.Bet me on that.And tab tak Altis 1.6 apna kam krchuki hogi.Toyota indus thats why took this step to introduce 1.6l.
    And one thing which i came to know from one the sources that the Altis 2.0 will be launched in Pakistan later this year because the new civic will be available in 2.0litre.Thats why indus discontinued 1.8 and decided to start 1.3,1.6 and 2.0 segment
    2.0l motor in the Civic 9 Gen is very much unlikely as even in the USDM variant of the 9 gen civic, they have given 1.8-liter i-VTEC engine as a standard engine and 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine in the Civic Si. So once again Honda will be able to capture the 1.8l market with the 1.8l 9gen civic whenever it'll be launched. Also, i do not agree with your statement that 1.6l Corolla will be able to damage the market for Civic as such because we are already entering the 3 quarter of 2011 and i dont think so it'll be able to do any serious damage in just 2 quarters as Honda is to launch the 9 Gen Civic in the starting of 2012.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think Altis 1.8 never damaged Civic; and Altis 1.6 will never damage it. Credit should be given where due. When Atlas Honda introduced City; it used to feel insane one company providing two 1.3L products; and then they took a bold and sensible decision of dropping 1.3L Civic and updating 1.6L Civic to 1.8L. Civic is only sedan that has exclusive 1.8L shape. Indus will never have this much courage; their 1.3L XLIs/GLIs are milk cows; and they will never have courage to introduce Belta or Etios as 1.3L product and treat Corolla on similar lines that Atlas did years ago. No one is offering 1.3L Corolla; only our deal Indus Toyota is doing this.

Recently I wanted to move from 1.3L to something bigger. Heard about Altis 1.6 and it appeared to be natural next choice. I waited for Altis 1.6 for two months; but the moment I had money for Civic; I choosed it; why because of its exclusiveness. Lets dont drag Corolla vs Civic thing here; its bad news that 9th Civic will get delayed; hopefully in Q3 of 2012 (if its launched in Thailand in Q1/Q2 of 2012). But its good to know that current shape Civic is staying for a while which is "satisfactory" for recent buyers like me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    I think Altis 1.8 never damaged Civic; and Altis 1.6 will never damage it. Credit should be given where due. When Atlas Honda introduced City; it used to feel insane one company providing two 1.3L products; and then they took a bold and sensible decision of dropping 1.3L Civic and updating 1.6L Civic to 1.8L. Civic is only sedan that has exclusive 1.8L shape. Indus will never have this much courage; their 1.3L XLIs/GLIs are milk cows; and they will never have courage to introduce Belta or Etios as 1.3L product and treat Corolla on similar lines that Atlas did years ago. No one is offering 1.3L Corolla; only our deal Indus Toyota is doing this.

Recently I wanted to move from 1.3L to something bigger. Heard about Altis 1.6 and it appeared to be natural next choice. I waited for Altis 1.6 for two months; but the moment I had money for Civic; I choosed it; why because of its exclusiveness.
    Atlas doesnt had any civic 1.3 ever.It was exi 1.5 not 1.3. And to correct,Southafrica also gets 1.3 corolla.So we are not alone and we should not forget that we lives in 3rd world country.I am not defending toyota indus for any reason .They are big thugs and looots people.agar mr khappay sudhar jaye to indus ko aqal asakti ha warna nahin.And the credit of atlas providing int.level features in their cars i due to less sales where as indus enjoy sales and people buy rollas without careing for any feature.Otherwise honda would have been sales leader in Pakistan.But sales doesnt justify any car.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And the credit of atlas providing int.level features in their cars is due to less sales where as indus enjoy sales and people buy rollas without caring for any feature.
    Coming to the sales of Civic, Atlas Honda is providing only one variant of the Civic at the moment which is the 1.8l one while as Indus Toyota is providing 4 variants of their Corolla which are Gli, Xli, the 1.6l (which'll be launched) and the 1.8 Altis (which is discontinued i presume). This is one reason why Toyota gets lead in terms of sale because they are providing 4 variants in the same car while as Honda is providing only one. And the direct competitor of 1.8l Civic was the 1.8l Altis which was outclassed badly by the Civic. One more reason of Corolla getting more sales is that people residing in rural areas consider this car as a status symbol and also because of its good suspension in that type of terrain. Had Civic been introduced in the 1.3l trim with all the same features/same shape, i bet it would've also outclassed the Corolla XLi/GLi. And no offence to any Toyota Owners/Fan but all this information is based on facts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Race View Post
    Coming to the sales of Civic, Atlas Honda is providing only one variant of the Civic at the moment which is the 1.8l one while as Indus Toyota is providing 4 variants of their Corolla which are Gli, Xli, the 1.6l (which'll be launched) and the 1.8 Altis (which is discontinued i presume). This is one reason why Toyota gets lead in terms of sale because they are providing 4 variants in the same car while as Honda is providing only one. And the direct competitor of 1.8l Civic was the 1.8l Altis which was outclassed badly by the Civic. One more reason of Corolla getting more sales is that people residing in rural areas consider this car as a status symbol and also because of its good suspension in that type of terrain. Had Civic been introduced in the 1.3l trim with all the same features/same shape, i bet it would've also outclassed the Corolla XLi/GLi. And no offence to any Toyota Owners/Fan but all this information is based on facts.
    ok comin to the topic
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok comin to the topic
    Its bad news that 9th Civic will get delayed; hopefully in Q3 of 2012 (if its launched in Thailand in Q1/Q2 of 2012). But its good to know that current shape Civic is staying for a while which is "satisfactory" for recent buyers like me <!-- / message -->

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Its bad news that 9th Civic will get delayed; hopefully in Q3 of 2012 (if its launched in Thailand in Q1/Q2 of 2012). But its good to know that current shape Civic is staying for a while which is "satisfactory" for recent buyers like me <!-- / message -->
    I hope its a 'better late than never' case in the delay of its launching in the Asian Market Honda has never disappointed anyone (with the exception of a few people) with the design of the Civic in any of its Generations.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know does this car looks like a Toyota!!
    :a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would advise Honda to take it's time in launching the new model because we booked a Civic Vti Oriel Pros. with Navi in taffeta white a couple of days back
    VTEC did not kicked in ooooo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this looks like some cheap china ****, they killed the it"( i mean look at the ride height even better then a corolla i guess....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looks hot ....specially interior ...overall it will be a gr8 car
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some new pics:

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 062 2012 Civic Si Coupe 31
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - dscf2058large
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - dscf2071large
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - dscf2076large
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 073 2012 Civic EX L Sedan 03
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - dscf2080large
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - dscf2063large
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - administrator albums 9thgenerationcivic2Cmorepicturessedan picture61 front black
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - administrator albums 9thgenerationcivic2Cmorepicturessedan picture56 dash
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - administrator albums 9thgenerationcivic2Cmorepicturessedan picture65 front side white

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it really feels like a face-lift rather then a whole change of shape.\
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looks pretty good

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sadly this Civic resembles Corolla quite clearly
    There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes Benz.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For those awaiting the new Civic, my humble suggestion, just pick a CITY!!!!!

Honestly, this car isn't worth the wait, and present model Civic reborn is gonna last well into the next 5-7 years, if this is the piece that's gonna roam the Pak streets from next year or so!

My observations, whether agreed upon or not:

1) The rear is very much "CITY" like!! Raised with a heavy bumper and tail lights just like the 2005 City! You gonna have to look carefully for the "CIVIC" logo plate to distinguish!!

2) Front side looks are neither impressive! Someone here on the site mentioned somewhere that present model reborn looks like a "fat *****"! Well, perhaps, but this one looks like a smiling old "Baba", retiring in a rock chair!!!! I feel, the front profile change is kind of switching away from original Honda lines!!

3) Interior dashboard/console re-adjustments are despicable, at the best!!

Remember, more than the front passenger, it's the damn driver who needs the most space!!

Here, with the cramping up of the console with an angular twist towards the driver side, the front passenger may find more ease and space, whereas the driver himself will get cramped up, relatively, and especially in contrast to present model Civic.

May I add, it's cabin, not a damn cockpit, and this angular twisting wasn't really needed here, for this "sci-fi" kind of outlook, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be feeling very comfortable with an angularly twisted kind of look of the interiors in front of me!!

We all have our own choices/preferences, but humbly, present model Civic is way better looking, sportier and more of a "Honda" than what's coming up, and may I just add, I'm no Honda owner, so my impressions should not be considered as biased.

My suggestion, take more of Reborn, it's gonna last for another 5 year period, no doubts.

Regards.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List