6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post

Hi. So Finally,new design of Civic 2012 has been revealed. Its going to be available early next year or maybe in the end of 2011. I'm not talking about Pakistan! Let see when it get launch there..my guess it will launch in mid 2012,lets hope for the best. Enjoy picture
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202779 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202780 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202781 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202782 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202783

MOD EDIT: This post has been labelled to be the official Civic 2012/new shape one. All discussion pertaining to this vehicle must be discussed here. No other thread will be entertained. Everyone is requested to redirect any old/new topic here. Thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For those awaiting the new Civic, my humble suggestion, just pick a CITY!!!!!

Honestly, this car isn't worth the wait, and present model Civic reborn is gonna last well into the next 5-7 years, if this is the piece that's gonna roam the Pak streets from next year or so!

My observations, whether agreed upon or not:

1) The rear is very much "CITY" like!! Raised with a heavy bumper and tail lights just like the 2005 City! You gonna have to look carefully for the "CIVIC" logo plate to distinguish!!

2) Front side looks are neither impressive! Someone here on the site mentioned somewhere that present model reborn looks like a "fat *****"! Well, perhaps, but this one looks like a smiling old "Baba", retiring in a rocking chair !!!! I feel, the front profile change is kind of switching away from original Honda lines.

3) Interior dashboard/console re-adjustments are despicable, at the best!!

Remember, more than the front passenger, it's the damn driver who needs the most space!!

Here, with the cramping up of the console with an angular twist towards the driver side, the front passenger may find more ease and space, whereas the driver himself will get cramped up, relatively, and especially in contrast to present model Civic.

May I add, it's cabin, not a damn cockpit, and this angular twisting wasn't really needed here, for this "sci-fi" kind of outlook, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be feeling very comfortable with an angularly twisted kind of look of the interiors in front of me.

We all have our own choices/preferences, but humbly, present model Civic is way better looking, sportier and more of a "Honda" than what's coming up, and may I just add, I'm no Honda owner, so my impressions should not be considered as biased.

My suggestion, take more of Reborn, it's gonna last for another 5 year period, no doubts.

Finally congrats to the owner brother above, let's hear more from you on the actual drive.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Disacarding the new Civic on the basis of looks and shape alone is not fair. Cars look different in pictures...driving them actually is a totally different and real feel. If new Civic resembles current City, that makes sense...both should appear as sisters.

One thing is certain: each new automobile model has tangible and significant technological advances over the previous model regardless of body shape and other visible aesthetics. Therefore, even though one may have fallen in love with an existing model, it cannot be deemed as a substitute to the upcoming one.
    There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes Benz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
    We all have our own choices/preferences, but humbly, present model Civic is way better looking, sportier and more of a "Honda" than what's coming up.

Regards.
    now i have to agree to this. to be honest i am not at all excited about the upcoming model though i am Honda civic fan/owner since so many years.
    VTEC did not kicked in ooooo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sabiqoon View Post
    Disacarding the new Civic on the basis of looks and shape alone is not fair. Cars look different in pictures...driving them actually is a totally different and real feel. If new Civic resembles current City, that makes sense...both should appear as sisters.

One thing is certain: each new automobile model has tangible and significant technological advances over the previous model regardless of body shape and other visible aesthetics. Therefore, even though one may have fallen in love with an existing model, it cannot be deemed as a substitute to the upcoming one.
    Well, I really don't wanna enter a non-issue argument as such, and I do agree with you, that there's more to a car than just the plain aesthetics, but tell me plz, how many of us test-drive a new model before purchase, that the "under-the-hood" features become heavier to us in selecting it, than what the aesthetics tell us??

I'm sure, many would agree with me, that it's usually the looks which attract us as first impact, and those, to me at least, and with all reservations, are pretty low impact here!! I wouldn't like to pay somewhere between 8-10 lachs more for a twin sister, that you describe the City to be with the Civic.

Course, there are guyz who would take anything "new", and will do here as well, the model is not gonna be a failure at all, but I just stated my personal opinion, that it's not of same physical "impact" as the present one, and as regards the difference between pictures and real life impressions, well, the pics posted in one of the preceding posts by a new owner brother in the USA, are pretty much "real' looking, just check them once more.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    now i have to agree to this. to be honest i am not at all excited about the upcoming model though i am Honda civic fan/owner since so many years.

This is a natural phenomenon among auto enthusiasts: when a new model is in the process of arriving, they shun it by default and tend to favour the existing model for varying reasons. But once the new model actually arrives and they get to touch it, feel it and interact with it, they begin to fall in love with it progressively.

Inside our hearts, we do know one reality: no matter how great an existing or old model is, age factor does play its role. Over time, it becomes cumbersome to maintain an aging car. Also, the new model does have some tecnological superiority over the model that was launced half a decade ago.

At the end of the day, these two factors make us want to accept the new model as a reality that should be worthy of consideration despite the serious heart ache that the outgoing models cause us in some cases. For example, to me personally, seeing 1991 Lancer being replaced by her successor was a real heart break. Similarly, despite all the goodies that W140,W220 and W221 brought along, it is W126 that is the apple of my eye. Ditto for Land Cruiser 80 series
    There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes Benz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
    1) The rear is very much "CITY" like!! Raised with a heavy bumper and tail lights just like the 2005 City! You gonna have to look carefully for the "CIVIC" logo plate to distinguish!!

2) Front side looks are neither impressive! Someone here on the site mentioned somewhere that present model reborn looks like a "fat *****"! Well, perhaps, but this one looks like a smiling old "Baba", retiring in a rocking chair !!!! I feel, the front profile change is kind of switching away from original Honda lines.

3) Interior dashboard/console re-adjustments are despicable, at the best!!
    All i want to say is that you shouldnt be judging a book by its cover. Same was everyones reaction when the 8 Gen Civic was about to be launched back then in 2006 but once it was launched in Pakistan, it started selling like 'Hot Cakes'. Also this is the USDM spec Civic. We'll be most probably getting a different 9 Gen Civic with different cosmetic looks. Different Lights, Bumpers etc. Also, the 8 Gen USDM Civic was a bit uglier than the JDM 9 Gen Civic and i hope same would be the case this time. And also, the 9 Gen USDM Civic is some 100lbs lesser than the previous Gen Civic so it'll be faster than the previous generation. And if we'll get the one with the K20 motor, it'll be one hell of a fast car.
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same was said on the launch of 8th generation civic and the word used was "UGLY FUCGLY REAR" etc

And now we see people spending 2.2 Million even after its 6 years of age.

People just get jazbati. No one has seen this car in person so one should think before giving a "REVIEW"(so called) that too by seeing some couple pictures. Sounds funny aint it
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    Same was said on the launch of 8th generation civic and the word used was "UGLY FUCGLY REAR" etc

People just get jazbati. No one has seen this car in person so one should think before giving a "REVIEW"(so called) that too by seeing some couple pictures. Sounds funny aint it

If we in pakistan will get the one which was spotted in china then im all in for it but the USDM shape is just too boring espicially the rear end. But after watching some reviews of the 2012 USDM model im pretty sure that the drivers would still get to experience what the 8th gen. has to offer or even more in terms of drive and handling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reality is you don't get many choices among the local crap pile. That crap pile doesn't even add up to 10 cars at most(segment wise). So seeing that there is laughable choice of cars, it won't be a surprise that it sells, even though it is damn ugly,fugly for that matter.

Oh and I have seen the best version of this junk, and it isn't even remotely in the same league as the 8th gen usdm civic.
    Trolls EDPP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MominHaq View Post
    Reality is you don't get many choices among the local crap pile. That crap pile doesn't even add up to 10 cars at most(segment wise). So seeing that there is laughable choice of cars, it won't be a surprise that it sells, even though it is damn ugly,fugly for that matter.

Oh and I have seen the best version of this junk, and it isn't even remotely in the same league as the 8th gen usdm civic.
    Lets see how much popularity this "junk" gets here in the country full of local crap piles.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets see how much popularity this "junk" gets here in the country full of local crap piles.
    Corolla is the most popular car in pakistan, that doesn't go on to justify that it the best car is it's segment

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rear is a total copy of Toyota camry 2001 model and honda city though Camry came first.So this a copy cat.And front is total rip of a Honda insight and accord though they are the cars of Honda
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so heres the comparison by istafa bhai.Nothing new
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -239049

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -239050

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -239051
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    8g is better in every aspect.You will see that due to this model,the 8g value will become more better and its resale.
    When you see a civic 8g first time.you say wow.but when you see this you say ukkkh
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

meanwhile 6 years later :

10G Civic sucks its a copy of 4G Accord
    imo the 9G was classy / sporty and a decent Honda :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post

agreed to you.The cars of future will be more small,less wide and less heighted.ANd they will more ugly and fuel economical
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When you see a civic 8g first time.you say wow.but when you see this you say ukkkh
    At one point you say this^ and on the other point you agree upon the following statement:

No matter how much ugly/fugly you may call the 9 Gen Honda Civic, the thing is that people will still buy it like they did when the 8 Gen Civic came. If you would've been on Pakwheels Forums back then in 2006, you would've seen people commenting on the Civic 8 Gen (before its launching) that its fugly, its rear end sucks etc etc. But after it was launched; i still remember some member put up a topic named '8 Gen civic is selling like Hot Cakes in Lhr'. So we should wait for its official launch over here in Pakistan as none of us have (except a few) experienced this car in reality. Judging a car just by looking at its pics is definately not correct. Secondly the comparison you have posted, i dont think that the Civic resembles even a single bit to the City.The Civics' front is a little wider than the Citys'. And the grille, lights, bumper everything is different from the Citys' front. It doesnt even resembles to the Honda Insight And coming to the rear, the Camrys' rear is dull as compared to the Civics' rear. 9 Gen Civics' rear looks 10 times better than both the Citys' and Camrys' rear in the picture you have posted. And thirdly as you have mentioned that Civic is a copy cat by having similar designs to other cars of its family, what do you say about this?

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 2011 Toyota Camry Front View

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 2011 Toyota Corolla Facelift 03

P.S I am not starting a Honda-Toyota fight. I am just contributing in a healthy discussion. No offence meant to anyone
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@BorntoRace bro u have to realize that everyone takes Mubeen's comments with a pinch of salt

half the time he doesnt even read wht he writes :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Race View Post
    At one point you say this^ and on the other point you agree upon the following statement:

No matter how much ugly/fugly you may call the 9 Gen Honda Civic, the thing is that people will still buy it like they did when the 8 Gen Civic came. If you would've been on Pakwheels Forums back then in 2006, you would've seen people commenting on the Civic 8 Gen (before its launching) that its fugly, its rear end sucks etc etc. But after it was launched; i still remember some member put up a topic named '8 Gen civic is selling like Hot Cakes in Lhr'. So we should wait for its official launch over here in Pakistan as none of us have (except a few) experienced this car in reality. Judging a car just by looking at its pics is definately not correct. Secondly the comparison you have posted, i dont think that the Civic resembles even a single bit to the City.The Civics' front is a little wider than the Citys'. And the grille, lights, bumper everything is different from the Citys' front. It doesnt even resembles to the Honda Insight And coming to the rear, the Camrys' rear is dull as compared to the Civics' rear. 9 Gen Civics' rear looks 10 times better than both the Citys' and Camrys' rear in the picture you have posted. And thirdly as you have mentioned that Civic is a copy cat by having similar designs to other cars of its family, what do you say about this?

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 2011 Toyota Camry Front View

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 2011 Toyota Corolla Facelift 03

P.S I am not starting a Honda-Toyota fight. I am just contributing in a healthy discussion. No offence meant to anyone
    Toyota copied its own car but honda copied toyota camry rear which came in 2001 and city came in 03 and now civic in 2011.I also dont want to start a fight but fanboysims a side away.
    PS WHy we are arguing over car which is still not launched in pakistani market and also its JDM version is not announced which we will be getting so chill and have peace.
    And last ENJOY YOURS AND MY STAY ON PW
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers