Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 Civic - Engine Swap !!! Urgent Help Req.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation 95 Civic - Engine Swap !!! Urgent Help Req.

AOA Guys... i hav planned to get an engine swap in 95 civic n for that expert opinions of all the Pakwheelers will b really b helpful for me. information required is as under.

1. D15b-VTEC or D15b VTEC 3rd stage???? which option is better????

2. "if i opt for D15b-VTEC, then the est. price which i have got from frindz n different threads is of 40K"
    "Is this 40K inclusive of my car's current engine price (which i will sell to them) or EXCLUSIVE of that value????"

Urgent Help Required!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
    go b20 or go home
    lolx...... bro Budget constraint.......!!!!! so better 2 get D15B thn goin home ...... !!

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tjrockz View Post
    bro really....??? the prices u r quoting r considerably lesser compared to Peshawar n Pindi Market?? when did u got ur engine swapped from Bilal Gunj???? how its working so far?????????
    Have you been to Bilal Gunj lately? Just pay a visit and update us.

If you're have to check an engine:
    i: Tell the vendor to pop the tappet cover off and inspect the condition and colour inside.Engines with less mileage are silvery gold inside. Generally the more its driven the more gold it gets. Make sure they haven't washed it to look silvery. Look deeply and throughly.

ii: Inspect the condition of timing belt. If necessary tell him to take off the belt cover as well.

iii: Make sure engine has never been disassembled. Look for genuine head seals and chamber condition.

iv: Check for any oil leaks or any physical damage.

v: Check the condition of water pipes. Japanese engines with less mileage have clean silver pipes with no rust or salt deposits.

vi: Check the compression by cranking it manually. (a professional or someone who knows his stuff will be good at it).

vii: Ask if he'd be able to provide original manual intake manifold, manual throttle body, wiring and manual ECU (P2J-003 for 3-stage vtec)

viii: Ask for warranty period. Make sure you're getting noise, leak, heat up and timing belt warranty.
    Please help us improve Pakwheels.com: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/280118-petition-pakwheels-store-spamming

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uiv View Post
    Have you been to Bilal Gunj lately? Just pay a visit and update us.

If you're have to check an engine:
    i: Tell the vendor to pop the tappet cover off and inspect the condition and colour inside.Engines with less mileage are silvery gold inside. Generally the more its driven the more gold it gets. Make sure they haven't washed it to look silvery. Look deeply and throughly.

ii: Inspect the condition of timing belt. If necessary tell him to take off the belt cover as well.

iii: Make sure engine has never been disassembled. Look for genuine head seals and chamber condition.

iv: Check for any oil leaks or any physical damage.

v: Check the condition of water pipes. Japanese engines with less mileage have clean silver pipes with no rust or salt deposits.

vi: Check the compression by cranking it manually. (a professional or someone who knows his stuff will be good at it).

vii: Ask if he'd be able to provide original manual intake manifold, manual throttle body, wiring and manual ECU (P2J-003 for 3-stage vtec)

viii: Ask for warranty period. Make sure you're getting noise, leak, heat up and timing belt warranty.
    Thanx alot bro.... for explainin all ... really appreciate tht.... but if request you to spare some time out of ur routine.... to visit Bilal Gunj wid me... as u hav bought an engine frm thre.. so ur experience wud really matter in findin sum gud engine????..... if possible for u.....

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

0302-4741340 -> Umar
    call me.
    Please help us improve Pakwheels.com: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/280118-petition-pakwheels-store-spamming

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List