1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 04: new timing belt sound

I recently got a new timing belt + bearing set installed in my civic 04 VTI, this i did from a pit shop, now the issue is when they installed the new belt and bearing then on pressing the accelerator slowly and then leaving when the race comes down, some slight "ghooon" like sound comes from the area around timing belt.

When i complained about the issue, they inspected different stuff like bearing, water pump etc, those were fine, then for experiment they put back my old belt, then the sound DISAPPEARED. Then assuming the new belt was bad, they installed another new one, and insterstingly the sound came back , now the meachincs told me that the sound will disappear in some days (it' been 5-6 days). Any advise?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amubeem View Post
    +1. The issue is with the installation of bearing. There is a technical difference of installing bearings in an EXi and VTI. Go to Honda Pit Shop Cavalry, or any 3S Dealership. And also tell me does this sound comes when your AC is switched on?
    @amubeem. Thanks the sound comes even without A/C, it comes when the you press the accelerator a little bit then when release on releasing this sound comes, I am planning to go to Honda Pit Shop cavalry. Is there any specific person (i.e. good mechanic) you recommend talking there as I have not been there before

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal_here View Post
    @amubeem. Thanks the sound comes even without A/C, it comes when the you press the accelerator a little bit then when release on releasing this sound comes, I am planning to go to Honda Pit Shop cavalry. Is there any specific person (i.e. good mechanic) you recommend talking there as I have not been there before
    I dont remember someone's name at Cavalry Pit shop. Just go there, and discuss your problem with the person sitting behind the counter. He will give you a fair solution, with minimal cost.
    Always obey traffic rules!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Faisal, Can you please advise what you actually did to resolve the issue? I am facing the same one, couple of days ago i got my timing belt, timing bearing and water pump changed through a local mechanic with genuine parts and found the same noise from the same area. After detailed inspection through a same mechanic he said "Timing bearing is new & hard - keep driving the car and sound will be vanished" i assume if the sound didnt go, i might get use to of it, need your help bro. I was avoiding visiting Honda 3S as it would be expensive for such work, what would you advise please?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal_here View Post
    I recently got a new timing belt + bearing set installed in my civic 04 VTI, this i did from a pit shop, now the issue is when they installed the new belt and bearing then on pressing the accelerator slowly and then leaving when the race comes down, some slight "ghooon" like sound comes from the area around timing belt.

When i complained about the issue, they inspected different stuff like bearing, water pump etc, those were fine, then for experiment they put back my old belt, then the sound DISAPPEARED. Then assuming the new belt was bad, they installed another new one, and insterstingly the sound came back , now the meachincs told me that the sound will disappear in some days (it' been 5-6 days). Any advise?
    Need your help, what did you do to resolve the issue - i am facing the same situation after getting same work done through a local (not Honda 3S) mechanic ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New bearing costs 4200 the japanese one and 1600 for the chineese one. Changed mine on weekend but getting it all donr was way time consuming

using PWz app
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List